Coffee klatsch
July 9th, 2012

Pssst! Got a sec to chat?

Posted by:
Filed under: Buzz • Coffee Klatsch

1. Jdizzle McHammerpants ♫♫

AND IT'S ON!!!111!!

Vidalia Thread

July 9, 2012 at 5:51 pm |
  2. Jdizzle McHammerpants ♫♫ @ Sir Biddle

Oh. THERE's everything that was moderated earlier, down below now. LOL

July 9, 2012 at 2:28 pm |
    • Sir Biddle

2-3 of mine are still lost in moderation-land. Oh well.

Oh the olden days. Crass comments, 5@5 hit it contests. Memories, pure memories at this point.

July 9, 2012 at 3:12 pm |
      • Sarah LeTrent

I'm not seeing any in the queue, Sir Biddle. Sure they made it through? We had a very crass troll on the loose earlier that had to be moderated, and that may have moderated some legit posts out of precaution. All should be fine now. Keep us in the loop if you continue to see issues.

July 9, 2012 at 3:21 pm |
      • Sir Biddle@Kat/SLT

No worries at all. I know its not personal.

July 9, 2012 at 3:39 pm |
    • Kat Kinsman

Takes us a bit sometimes. I'm digging out from a few days away for husband's surgery. He's recovering well, but that's grueling.

July 9, 2012 at 3:35 pm |
      • DJChilllyPhil, Jukebox King & Cold Stone God@Kat

YAY~ Good news~

July 9, 2012 at 3:39 pm |
      • MicheleG™

Excellent and good news! Pass on some virtual (((Hugs!)))!

July 9, 2012 at 3:56 pm |
  3. Concerned Wife

Hi. I don't know who else to turn to, or where else to look for advice. I noticed this area is open to off-topic discussion, so I will take my chances here. As an avid fan and reader of eatocracy, I do hope the community can help me. I greatly appreciate the articles, comments, people, etc.

Recently my husband has been having an affair with a co-worker of his. I know this because our good friend of 5 years also works with my husband. He felt it right to let me know of my husband's adultery.

I feel devastated. I don't know how to approach my husband about this. Our friend, who we can call Greg, is suggesting that he and I sleep together, to take my mind off of things.

I am tempted to do so. I feel it would be in spite of my husband's cheating, and I honestly realize maybe I've sheltered some sincere feelings for Greg in the past years.

Thank you for any advice.

– Sharen

July 9, 2012 at 1:32 pm |
    • Jdizzle McHammerpants ♫♫

[sarcasm]Greg sounds awesome.[/sarcasm]

Two wrongs don't make a right.

July 9, 2012 at 1:46 pm |
      • Concerned Wife

You're right, but I just feel so lost and helpless. What would you recommend I do?

– Sharen

July 9, 2012 at 1:48 pm |
    • ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™

Any chance that "Greg" made this up to hook up with you? How about you just ask your husband??

And btw, would sleeping with this "friend" really take your mind off of things? Really?

July 9, 2012 at 2:24 pm |
    • TX4UREXKARLENE

IDK , what does he look like ? Just kidding !! Good Luck ! There is a lot I would like to say ...

July 9, 2012 at 2:45 pm |
    • Ann Landers

Is this Lorena Bobbitt? I was under the impression you were still in prison? Don't run with scissors.

July 9, 2012 at 6:52 pm |
  4. Jdizzle McHammerpants ♫♫

Concert on Saturday was awesome.

That's all I'm saying. Maybe this will squeeze by ModNazis

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1P2YSktr7xU&w=640&h=390]

July 9, 2012 at 1:30 pm |
    • Jdizzle McHammerpants ♫♫

And the live version to give you a taste of the concert on Saturday. We were at a small venue, almost like a private show. We were about 40 feet from stage on a balcony. WORD

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkKy3E5Rx2c&w=640&h=390]

July 9, 2012 at 2:10 pm |
  5. Mildred

Hello everyone. I had an excellent weekend at a little mountain resort with a great kitchen staff. Lots of great food... particularly the watermelon-mint soup that they ended the hot and muggy weekend with.

July 9, 2012 at 12:44 pm |
    • MicheleG™

You had STAFF????

NICE!

July 9, 2012 at 12:45 pm |
      • Mildred

Well, it was a small group event, so we had the staff that runs the little resort. Not a personal staff!

July 9, 2012 at 12:57 pm |
  6. Jdizzle McHammerpants ♫♫

YAY! MODERATE EVERYTHING!

I'll be at NFL.com the rest of the day. >=(

July 9, 2012 at 12:31 pm |
    • Sir Biddle@Jdizz

HAAAAAA!

My reply to you was moderated.

Gotta love this place.

July 9, 2012 at 12:57 pm |
    • AleeD®@Jdizz & Sir Bid

They say everything in moderation. Why shouldn't the reverse be true? Maybe it's their birthday and they're having fun with bofya.

July 9, 2012 at 1:09 pm |
      • Sir Biddle

My general rule is everything in moderation INCLUDING moderation.

July 9, 2012 at 1:58 pm |
  7. Jdizzle "Hoarse Voice" McHammerpants ♫♫

YAY! Moderated!

July 9, 2012 at 12:29 pm |
  8. Jdizzle "Hoarse Voice" McHammerpants ♫♫

AWESOME CONCERT ON SATURDAY NIGHT IN MINNEAPOLIS. Finally got to see my all-time favorite band live. Lets say a strong whiff of the Mary Jane would float by quite often. Sadly, I did not partake in said smokage. Getting booted from this concert was NOT happening. NGF had fun, too.

There were a few bumps in the road, had event ticket problems and the battery in the Durango gave out on Sunday. Then we find the Hyatt does not cover your parking bill ($17, b@stards). All worth the trouble.

Listen below if you've never heard of them.

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1P2YSktr7xU&w=640&h=390]

July 9, 2012 at 12:27 pm |
  9. MicheleG™

Howdy ho. I THINK I will be back tomorrow (or was the deadline last night and I'm OK?). I checked my IP addresses and I was happy to see that the malware thing skipped me. I think. But I have Norton at full blast, however.

July 9, 2012 at 11:56 am |
    • AleeD®@MicheleG™

*hands on hips, tapping foot* Whadyoo call me?!?

July 9, 2012 at 12:05 pm |
      • MicheleG™

FRIEND!!!!!!

July 9, 2012 at 12:19 pm |
        • AleeD®@MicG

Were you caught in some malware whirlpool?

July 9, 2012 at 1:11 pm |
        • MicheleG™

Surprised you haven't heard about "Malware Monday." Here is a link to the FBI page that explains it all:

July 9, 2012 at 1:33 pm |
        • Jdizzle "Foil Hat" McHammerpants ♫♫ @ All

I can have the government scan my computer and all it's files for free?

WHERE DO I SIGN UP?

July 9, 2012 at 4:51 pm |
        • MicheleG™

Assuming you are not being sarcastic, read the info on the webpage where the link takes you.

At least read about the whole problem. Better the FBI than a hacker in Czechoslovakia or Azerbaijan.....or somewhere else WAY out there .......I think the country of origin is Estonia.

July 9, 2012 at 5:45 pm |
  10. Mary Shannon

Just saw a great quote: "When things aren't adding up in your life, start subtracting." – Anon

July 9, 2012 at 11:32 am |
    • AleeD®@Mary

Hmmm, subtraction. I could use some of that. Great quote. Thanks for sharing.

July 9, 2012 at 12:04 pm |
  11. ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™

Good Monday everyone! I have red, white and blueberry parfaits for everyone for an afternoon snack to keep cool. We are heading into 98 degrees today, which means it will really be about 105, since they lie to us this time of year.

Those are awfully small coffee cups those two have, which makes me think they are European.

July 9, 2012 at 11:28 am |
    • JainaJade@JBJ

so that's where our heat went...

July 9, 2012 at 3:09 pm |
  12. Mary Shannon

Morning all, and welcome back, RH and WD. Glad things are still rolling along for you (pun intended). A bit cooler forecast for today here, so that will be a nice change. And yes, its Monday.

July 9, 2012 at 9:25 am |
  13. Sir Biddle

Morning crew.

Finally got a break from the heat wave with thunderstorms and temps in the mid-80's today.

July 9, 2012 at 9:07 am |
    • AleeD®@Sir Bid

Welcome back! How's Mrs. Biddle? It's becoming imminent with KidBid2 isn't it?
      After a trip like you just had, you could probably use some dungeon therapy. What how many hours do you think you can stand this time? SssssCRACK! You KNOW you need it. ~_~

July 9, 2012 at 12:02 pm |
      • Sir Biddle@AD

HA, you crack me up.

Mrs Biddle was just put on bed rest and #2 may be arriving a bit sooner than we thought. Officially 19 days to go, but looking much earlier. More info on Wednesday as she goes back in for another appt.

July 9, 2012 at 12:25 pm |
  14. DJChilllyPhil, Jukebox King & Cold Stone God

Good morning everyone! I hear some of you guys and gals are going to get a cooldown today. Wish I could get one all the way down here, but I guess I'll just settle with scattered showers.

How's everyone doing today? Fighting off the Monday blues once more?

July 9, 2012 at 8:52 am |
    • AleeD®@DJ

Blue's, black's, browns and all the bruise-like colors. How are you feeling these days?

July 9, 2012 at 12:03 pm |
      • DJChilllyPhil, Jukebox King & Cold Stone God@AleeD

Feeling good! The NBA Champion shirts and stuff I ordered finally came in, so I'm excited about that.

Also got a new phone! Even more excited about that!

So I hear you're near my neck of the woods?

July 9, 2012 at 12:30 pm |
        • AleeD®@DJ

If the Tampa Bay area is near Mi-jammie then, yes, I AM near you. ;) Did you feel any of the effects of TSDebby?

July 9, 2012 at 1:07 pm |
        • DJChilllyPhil, Jukebox King & Cold Stone God@AleeD

We got a bit of the outer bands of it, but nothing major other than that.
          I'm guessing Tampa Bay is treating you well?

July 9, 2012 at 2:25 pm |
  15. AleeD®

Buenos Dias, Bro! Great to hear from you. Please pass the coffee without the ring-of-fire. Thanks.

Michele, I think that "Congressional bill or something (in the '60's or 70's) " you asked about was the action that made any holiday falling on a Saturday would be observed on the previous Friday; if it falls on Sunday, Monday. Or it's something else entirely. o.0

Hope everyone had a good weekend.

July 9, 2012 at 7:06 am |
    • RichardHead@AleeD

Morning Sista'-–How's things in FLA ? One BIG cup of Columbian Joe headed your way.

July 9, 2012 at 7:10 am |
      • AleeD®@Rich

Things in FL in general are lovely with our 4pm scattered showers. Keeps the temps under 95. Thanks for the Columbian. I'll set the I.V. up asap.

July 9, 2012 at 11:58 am |
  16. RichardHead

Buenos Dias from Laredo,TX. Coffee and HOT Sauce–a Great Morning kick in the Azz. How has everyone been? WD is trying to learn Spanish but she is having trouble rolling her rrrrrrr's.
    I guess the drug cartel's are running short on bandages 'cuz I've got 17,000 lbs of rolled linen from Kimberly Clark in Neehah,WI to someone in Laredo,TX. Well,at least I'll get some dang good Mexican food while I'm down here. We hope everyone is doing well and remember......
    Monday's Suck Menudo. Be safe ALL. :))

July 9, 2012 at 6:43 am |
    • TX4UREXKARLENE

Morning , did you drive thru the middle of Wisconsin when you left Neehah ?

July 9, 2012 at 9:56 am |
    • Jdizzle McHammerpants ♫♫

I thought I smelled something.

July 9, 2012 at 2:30 pm |