Coffee klatsch
July 2nd, 2012

Pssst! Got a sec to chat?

Posted by:
Filed under: Buzz • Coffee Klatsch

1. Jdizzle McHammerpants ♫♫

Check out what the heat did to the highway just outside town. Apparently it bubbled up pretty quickly.

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nf0l3NO-35U&w=640&h=390]

July 2, 2012 at 5:07 pm |
    • MicheleG™

Wow....untended catching of air......serious oopsie!

July 2, 2012 at 5:24 pm |
  2. Jdizzle McHammerpants ♫♫

NGF had biopsy today. Was just a fluid cyst.

=)

July 2, 2012 at 2:33 pm |
    • MicheleG™

that's good news to the point where a celebration is in order! ((Hugs!))

July 2, 2012 at 2:37 pm |
    • AleeD®

Whew! That's great news!!
      Are you going to celebrate?

July 2, 2012 at 3:22 pm |
  3. Mildred

Hello everyone. How's the summer treating everyone so far.

My friend continues to improve, but she's still sedated and on machines. Her little boy is home and the doctors are impressed with his condition.

July 2, 2012 at 12:52 pm |
  4. Queen of Everything from the Castle

Hey everybody! Glad to hear our East Coast chums survived their wet and wild weather. We have broken our streak of 100+ degree days finally but we'll be in the upper 90s all week. My plans for the 4th? Work, sad horns. At least I'll get holiday shift diff.

July 2, 2012 at 12:36 pm |
    • ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™@QoE

Welcome stranger! How have you bean??

July 2, 2012 at 1:25 pm |
    • JainaJade@QOE

just booked my tickets for my annual trek to your fair city. hoping for some cool temperatures :-)

July 2, 2012 at 3:42 pm |
  5. ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™

Happy Monday friends! Finally talked (or shamed) hubs into going on cruise with me in October, hopefully it was the right decision...two whole weeks with him might be a bit much, but he is getting excited about the trip now that it was decided, and for him it's alllllllllllllll about the FOOD! Quebec where they embrace Foie Gras, Maine lobstah of course, New Joisey pizza I guess, not sure about Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, or Prince Edward Island, but they all sound like "fishy" places. :)

July 2, 2012 at 11:30 am |
    • MicheleG™

WOW! Try not to be so sad! : )

July 2, 2012 at 11:52 am |
      • ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™@MG

:D

July 2, 2012 at 12:18 pm |
    • Ms. Grammar

Nova Lox, PEI Mussels; New Brunswick Butter Tarts. Joisey Hot Dawgs!

July 2, 2012 at 12:06 pm |
      • Ms. Grammar

Butter Tarts: tarts filled with brown sugar, eggs,butter and baked. Some may contain raisins (yuck) or walnuts (OK). Plain are the best. Some folks call them mini pecan pies, but NO – no corn syrup, no pecans. It's like melted candy in a pie crust. YUM!

July 2, 2012 at 12:08 pm |
        • JainaJade@Ms.Grammar

I'm doing a Brown Butter Tart for the 4th of July, just adding some blueberries to the top :-)

July 2, 2012 at 12:10 pm |
        • ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™@Ms.G & JJ

*drool*

July 2, 2012 at 1:26 pm |
      • ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™@Ms. Grammar

Thank you! I just noticed that the port info on the cruise website has a "Local Flavors" section!

PEI – "Have you ever tried Malpeque oysters or Island Blue Mussels? Here's your chance! As you can imagine, the seafood is mouthwatering and lobster is a local favorite. So break out the butter and a bib. And in case you didn't know, Prince Edward Island is famous for its potatoes, so make sure to sample some and see what all the buzz is about."

I may have to venture out of my ban on mussels and see if I like them...

July 2, 2012 at 1:08 pm |
    • AleeD®@JBJ

Isn't it Prince Edward that's in a can? If so, you should let him out.

July 2, 2012 at 3:24 pm |
      • Ms. Grammar

Prince Albert...ahhh, the memories!

July 2, 2012 at 3:56 pm |
        • AleeD®

Ed Zachary. ^_^

July 2, 2012 at 3:58 pm |
  6. MicheleG™

Greets and glad to hear all the gang is OK. I know things are intense out there these days.

July 2, 2012 at 11:24 am |
  7. DJChilllyPhil, Jukebox King & Cold Stone God

Good morning everyone! got myself a bag of spicy chips to keep me awake today, but I'm not sure if I'm going to need to use them or not.

How is everyone else doing? Looking forward to the 4th, I bet!

July 2, 2012 at 9:17 am |
  8. JainaJade

Good morning! Things are starting to get back to normal in the DMV area after that incredible storm we got on Friday night. I have never seen lightening like that before and the howling wind was so intense I'm amazed that my garden survived. My place only lost power for a hot second but my mom just a few miles down the road was out until Saturday and a few of my friends in the area between us are still without power. Just have to hope that the temperatures stay down for all those people and pets stuck without A/C....

July 2, 2012 at 8:37 am |
    • The Witty One@JJ

Good to hear you mad it through ok. I didn't lose power at all and am doing fine.

Hopefully The Biddles made it through ok!

July 2, 2012 at 9:17 am |
      • AleeD®@TWO & JJ

JJ, very happy to hear you made it thru! I spent a few hours yesterday cleaning up after Debby blew thru last weekend.
        TWO, the Biddles are in Iowa on family, um, Biddle-ness.

July 2, 2012 at 10:04 am |
        • The Witty One

Good to know the Flamenons are all ok.

July 2, 2012 at 10:28 am |
      • JainaJade@TWO

Glad to hear you are alright :-) Guess we got an early Fireworks show!

July 2, 2012 at 11:29 am |
  9. AleeD®

That's how I looked at hubby last nite after he came home from his 5-day trip to TN! Ahhh!
    Good morning Happy Klatschers! Coffee's on and raspberry tarts are cooling on the counter.
    Today's hi will be in the low 90's and we have a 10% chance of participation, um parcipitation, f#*k it – rain.

Who's got plans for the 4th? Anyone? Beuller?

July 2, 2012 at 7:22 am |
    • Jdizzle McHammerpants ♫♫

I'm gonna take a duece in the neighbor's yard. Fun with Dick and Jane style.

July 2, 2012 at 9:05 am |
    • DJChilllyPhil, Jukebox King & Cold Stone God@AleeD

Going to be hosting a BBQ/potluck/Pool party in the afternoon. Plan to make a stop at the supermarket either today or tomorrow to grab some stuff to personally contribute to it.

Any ideas?

July 2, 2012 at 9:21 am |
      • Jdizzle McHammerpants ♫♫

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-J6c2tJHqYw&w=640&h=390]

July 2, 2012 at 9:54 am |
      • AleeD®@Jdizz & DJCP

I wouldn't mention "potluck" to Jdizz if I were you, Deej. You don't know if he'll bring a deuce or some pot? Maybe both.

July 2, 2012 at 10:02 am |
        • Jdizzle McHammerpants ♫♫

I missed that. I must be slippin'.

July 2, 2012 at 2:33 pm |
        • AleeD®@Jdizz

You were busy at the time. ;)

July 2, 2012 at 3:25 pm |
    • MicheleG™

Hey, there you are! How ARE you today?

July 2, 2012 at 11:23 am |
      • AleeD®@MicG

Doing pretty well so far. Hubby came home late last nite so I'm looking forward to some quality time tonite. ~_~ How's tings wichoo?

July 2, 2012 at 3:42 pm |
        • MicheleG™

Totally FAB! I'm working on artwork, an nice essay (I hope) and reading (wading) through the Supreme Court's ruling and the attendant opinions. It is surprisingly readable (to my surprise).

Quality time is NICE when you can achieve it! You GO, girl!

July 2, 2012 at 4:27 pm |
Pinterest

| Part of

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 7,298 other followers