Coffee klatsch
June 26th, 2012

Pssst! Got a sec to chat?

Posted by:
Filed under: Buzz • Coffee Klatsch

1. mary shannon

Just had an IM conversation with someone in the Czech Republic who told me they "are responsible for the prolongation of a p.o.by week end". I got the point, but am saddened by where our jobs are heading.

June 26, 2012 at 5:36 pm |
    • MicheleG™

mine went to India.

June 26, 2012 at 6:49 pm |
  2. Jdizzle McHammerpants ♫♫ vs The Child Support Money Smoker

Jdizz scores a major victory in court today with a change in visitation schedule. I have been limited to every other weekend forever. I gave up a movement for primary placement due to financial cost, but addressed the need for change in visitation schedule. I have been awarded every other week during the summer and am going for every weekend during the school year, which will be addressed at a later date. More to the story on this day in court, and it's good, but I have a meeting to go to.

Just wanted to brag.

June 26, 2012 at 2:28 pm |
    • Truth™@JDizz

Congrats, and Mazel Tov! Enjoy the time with her!

June 26, 2012 at 2:40 pm |
  3. MicheleG™

Mod Bot observation: they do not like quote marks.

June 26, 2012 at 1:49 pm |
  4. ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™

Greetings earthlings! RH and WD send a big Hiya to all, he is bizzy traveling about on Cheapo Airlines!

Sending Truth some buckets of water, borrowed from AleeD of course.
    Sending AleeD a big bag of wind to blow Debby's azz West where they need the rain. (I saw Truth's comment, so I plead a major blonde moment).

June 26, 2012 at 1:08 pm |
  5. DJChilllyPhil, Jukebox King & Cold Stone God

Turns out an errand I had to run today has opened up an opportunity for me to get my car fixed up!

-New battery (for the love of all that's good) CHECK
    -New tires (Sooner rather than later) IN PROGRESS
    -New wiper blades CHECK

Optional
    -Air freshener CHECK

Just need to wait for the tires to come in and take 'em over to get them mounted somewhere...

June 26, 2012 at 1:08 pm |
  6. Mildred

And oh... I have been indulging in watching old "Two Fat Ladies" episodes recently.

June 26, 2012 at 12:18 pm |
  7. Mildred

Hello everyone... I think this is the last of the watermelon I have so far.

June 26, 2012 at 12:17 pm |
  8. MicheleG™

Satellite images of the Colorado wildfires:

June 26, 2012 at 11:49 am |
    • Truth™@MicheleG

Good image, but it does not do justice to the smoke. The news is warning people with respiratory issues to stay inside, and our sunset last night was bright orange, in a way you don't often see. I hate like heck to think of what July and August will be like.

June 26, 2012 at 12:47 pm |
      • MicheleG™

Stay tuned for the Long Hot Summer.

I think the entire inter mountain west is going to be on the front burner this summer (already is, really) and the burner flame is going to be turned up to HIGH.

Douse your barbecues and cigarettes, please and prepare to watch the firefighter's air show. It's going to be a big one.

June 26, 2012 at 12:57 pm |
  9. MicheleG™

A Mod Bot observation: If I type out a comment (within known Mod Bot parameters) the Bots are happy. If I copy, say, a word someone else has used (dumbazzez – I typed it, not copied) and then add my words, the Bots have issues.

No copying, I guess. I was making a disparaging comment on dumbazz median IQ. (sigh...)

June 26, 2012 at 10:29 am |
    • Sister Mary Elephant

Now claaaaass ..... you know you aren't supposed to be copying off of each other's tests. That's 3 months detention ... STOP RUNNING IN THE HALLS!!!!!!

thenk yew

June 26, 2012 at 10:54 am |
      • MicheleG™

Sister ME: your wimple is on backwards.

June 26, 2012 at 11:46 am |
  10. MicheleG™

Greets! Looks like our Coffee Couple is looking for real estate on the 'net. Or the want ads..............

June 26, 2012 at 10:17 am |
    • Mildred

I think it's a tax return.

June 26, 2012 at 12:14 pm |
      • MicheleG™

Or maybe they discovered one of their kids is on the 10 most wanted list.................

June 26, 2012 at 12:38 pm |
        • Truth™@MicheleG, Mildred

Maybe they are looking at one of *those* websites...;)

June 26, 2012 at 1:41 pm |
        • MicheleG™

You just never know what kinds of recreational activities your parents might enjoy!

June 26, 2012 at 1:48 pm |
        • AleeD®

I know they do the nasty, but I don't NEED those kinds of details. Somebody pass the eye bleach please.

June 26, 2012 at 1:56 pm |
  11. DJChilllyPhil, Jukebox King & Cold Stone God

Morning all! Hope everyone's doing well today and doing their best to stay dry.

We got a new air conditioning unit in the office today. So far it's working well past expectations as I am feeling colder then ever! Might need a few tweaks...

June 26, 2012 at 9:46 am |
  12. Mary Shannon

Good morning. Overcast but cool here today in NY. I hope your weather breaks soon, Truth, and AleeD, I hope the storm leaves your area soon. Did anyone see the video on the news yesterday showing the baby bear using someone's garage door track as a jungle gym? So cute!!

June 26, 2012 at 8:34 am |
    • MicheleG™

Yeah, it's all over the news as the "cute" item for the day.

June 26, 2012 at 10:19 am |
    • Mildred

Yeah, the temperature dropped like a rock the past few days. What part of NY are you from? (I'm from Albany.)

June 26, 2012 at 12:15 pm |
      • mary shannon

Little town called Patterson, about 10,000 people west of Danbury CT and about an hour north of NYC.

June 26, 2012 at 5:32 pm |
        • Mildred

I used to live in Poughkeepsie... :)

June 26, 2012 at 11:42 pm |
  13. Truth™

Good morning all. We added another wildfire yesterday. We're up to eleven statewide. The folks fighting them are nothing short of saints, imho. And believe it or not, there are still dumbazzez out there who are complaining about the fireworks ban.

How is everyone doing today?

June 26, 2012 at 8:22 am |
    • AleeD®

Funny thing about your dumbazzes, we have the same kind of stupidity here. Ours drive thru unfamiliar flooded areas as fast as they can then complain when their cars don't make it to the other side and the engine won't turn over. Would that I could send some of this rain your way – some intelligence, too. ;)

June 26, 2012 at 8:35 am |
  14. JainaJade

Good morning! I have some Mint Tea for the group and some Berry Bread getting ready to come out of the machine :-) Also a new recipe up on DancingVeggies, this time a California Enchilada so hopefully our CA klatschers approve!

June 26, 2012 at 8:12 am |
  15. AleeD®

Good morning folks. That biotch Debby is still out there. Slo-azz mo-fo. I need to stir up a bigger wind than dear old Deb and color her gone. Speaking of big winds: Rich, has WD eaten those redhots yet?

JBJ, Truth has the truth of it. Debby is an annoying bag of wind in the Gulf o'Mexico (and thanks for the welcoming words). Fish, company and tropical storms stink after 3 days. Today makes day 4 and she stinks to high heaven.

Jdizz, I hope you sanded off that wood before you gave it to her. Splinters are restricted to dungeon activities.

Truth, how much DO you hate Summer?

June 26, 2012 at 7:16 am |