June 21st, 2012

Next entry »
« Previous entry
  1. king

Unquestionably believe that that you stated. Your favourite justification appeared to be on the net the simplest factor to bear in mind of. I say to you, I definitely get annoyed even as other people consider worries that they plainly don't realize about. You controlled to hit the nail upon the top as smartly as defined out the whole thing without having side-effects , folks could take a signal. Will likely be back to get more. Thank you

May 18, 2013 at 12:37 am | Reply
  2. Nutritional information should be law

Nutritional information should be law, period. People should know EXACTLY what they are putting in their bodies.

I'm not just talking pizza here. I'm talking big picture, EVERYTHING, needs full disclosure.

People have a right to know what they are putting in their bodies. Sometimes things appear healthy but are horrible for you. Ever looked at some of those salads in restaraunts? Look healthy with fresh ingredients and then you check the calories and its like 1000-2000. For rabbit food!

People have the right to be able to make informed decisions. Full disclosure should be LAW. Period. Stop making excuses.

July 3, 2012 at 11:12 am | Reply
  3. dub nutrition

I believe this is one of the most significant info for me. And i'm glad reading your article. But wanna statement on some general things, The site taste is wonderful, the articles is truly great : D. Good job, cheers

June 28, 2012 at 11:05 am | Reply
  4. Jrune

She doesn't want small business owners to have to worry about the cost of those wall posters, so she's walking around
    DC.

What a nice lady.

June 27, 2012 at 9:34 pm | Reply
  5. JDVOO

where ther is calories, there is flavor. the less calories the less flavor.

June 27, 2012 at 1:29 pm | Reply
  6. JimSnipit

I, for one, use the calorie listing to buy the highest listing on the menu. That way, I know I'm getting the most for my money. Problem?

June 26, 2012 at 5:09 pm | Reply
    • casey

Great!! You and people like you are providing me with job security. Intensive care unit RN.

November 29, 2012 at 2:29 pm | Reply
  7. yahmez

The possible combination of toppings make it impractical to show the calorie count of every possible pizza combination. They could post the calories per slice of the basic cheese pizza, then list the calories per slice of each topping or crust option, and allow the consumer to make an informed decision. I think they don't want to do this because it will discourage some consumers from piling on the toppings.

June 25, 2012 at 5:00 pm | Reply
    • Apple2Appple

Its actually not hard at all. They have sign postings along the pizza making table that show HOW much to put on each pizza. Granted, yes, sometimes you get a generous person vs a day when we would be running low on cheese waiting for our delivery truck. It wouldnt be hard at all. They dont have to do all the pizza choices. Cheese, Pepperoni, Meat Lovers, Supreme, (the main choices.) OR say how much a cheese pizza is, and each cup of toppings is so many. Not. Difficult. At. All.

June 26, 2012 at 10:19 am | Reply
    • Apple2Appple

AAAAnnnd I read your whole comment wrong. =P We mostly agree. And yeah it would defer people probably from ordering extra toppings, but I'd like to know what the hell I'm eating on an off day of gorging myself with pizza.

June 26, 2012 at 10:21 am | Reply
  8. liz

Prepared and processed foods are notoriously high in calories-sodium sugar-fat etc. Many people are not aware that there is a difference.The general understanding of what is contained in a hamburger or a pizza made at home is what we have an inherent feel for-A muffin baked at home does not supply a full days worth of calories fat etc.But a muffin product can-sometimes even in a half serving-It is this over the top situation in processed foods(I suspect to compensate for real flavor) that makes processed or chain food so deceptive-Deception is the only reason that can explain the reluctance of the industry to supply these values.If you don't care continue to by these products-If you do-know what you are eating and make your own.A pizza made at home is not fattening-not loaded with sodium-or it can be if you want it to-but the choice will be yours.Why give another dollar to a company that fights against something as simple as a calorie disclosure-makes you wonder what else is nasty in that pizza.

June 25, 2012 at 1:22 pm | Reply
  9. Calorie counter

I like to keep track of the calories that I am eating, but it can be hard when you can't find the information from a particular restaurant. I don't religiously count calories like there's no tomorrow, but a general idea when ordering is nice to have, especially if you oy eat out occasionally.

June 25, 2012 at 10:38 am | Reply
  10. Mark Glicker

New yYork Pizza's may soon be dough, sauce and a picture of cheese.

June 23, 2012 at 5:38 pm | Reply
  11. GiGi Eats Celebrities

I haven't eaten fast food in about 10 years, not even one little bite. I find the calorie counts for such small portions sad... I like to eat a lot of food, so I stick with healthy low calorie foods so I can LOAD THEM ON for less calories than say a big mac! I think calorie counts should be posted on menus though, just to let people know. I mean each to their own, people can do as they please and order whatever they want, but at least they know going on that the food their ordering has X amount of calories and Y grams of fat, sugar, carbs, sodium, etc!

June 22, 2012 at 9:09 pm | Reply
  12. MicheleG™

Oh, come on! Read the farking label! (The SMALL print.) Do the SIMPLE arithmetic.

The information is already there.

June 21, 2012 at 2:42 pm | Reply
    • MicheleG™

Can't watch the video...but for a pizza chain (ready made fast food) to NOT post basic info is unethical.

There ARE those of us out there who, as a matter of serious health maintenance, MUST ascertain calories and carbs. Anymore, when we go out to eat, if the data I need is missing or, more to the point, deliberately unavailable, I'll go elsewhere to spend my money.

June 21, 2012 at 2:46 pm | Reply
  13. Sov

As a nutrition professional, I think that posting calories will confuse consumers more than it will benefit them. I agree with some of the comments below, that regardless of the calorie content people will still eat what they want. Many people don't even know how many calories they should eat within a given day, so what's a 500 calorie slice of pizza to them? And if they do know how many calories they should eat, they are looking for more information than just calorie content (i.e. fat, sugar, sodium). A slice of pizza, or any given food product, may be low in calorie. But what it lacks in calorie may be made up in added sugar, sodium or fat. Alternatively, health professionals and food companies need to educate the customers about their food. Many restaurants and grocery stores have posted full nutrition information in their establishments and/or online, which is a great resource.

June 21, 2012 at 2:21 pm | Reply
    • MicheleG™

Thanks for the insult. Our (confused consumer) collective IQ'a are quite adequate to read, interpret and act on the data in a simple chart. You are part of the problem.

June 22, 2012 at 4:46 pm | Reply
    • UM

"But what it lacks in calorie may be made up in added sugar, sodium or fat."

Did you forget that sugar and fats have 'calories'? In fact they have close to 4 kilocalories/gram and 9 kilocalories/gram respectively.

So do you think it was professional of you to MISINFORM everyone with your comment? Or did you plan on violating the laws of thermodynamics?

It's all very basic science and math. People can add it up for themselves without help from so-called professionals.

June 27, 2012 at 1:57 pm | Reply
  14. jillmarie

I can't view the video here at my workplace- I'm curious as to which places are saying they don't want to post. Can someone tell me a few details? Thanks!
    I feel calorie counts should be disclosed. I try to eat healthy, and like pizza as well, as I believe all things in moderation. I always want to know the nutritional info, personally.

June 21, 2012 at 2:03 pm | Reply
    • JellyBean@Jillmarie

Sure thing. Looks like Dominos, Pizza Hut and Papa Johns are teaming up to fight the legislation arguing that there are 34million ways to calculate calories for pizza.

June 22, 2012 at 7:17 am | Reply
      • MicheleG™

I agree. Their specious argument fails.

How many of those 34 million options does their shop offer? Max, maybe 15? 20? How hard can it be?

What are the REAL (and deliberately unstated) agendas that make this such an issue for the pizza places?

June 22, 2012 at 4:35 pm | Reply
      • jillmarie

Thanks, JellyBean!

June 23, 2012 at 10:45 am | Reply
  15. Ally

There's no reason not to post nutrition information! Of course pizza is usually a very high calorie food. People are still going to buy it regardless.

And for people like me, who are on a diet system, it makes it much easier to journal my food for the day.

June 21, 2012 at 1:49 pm | Reply
    • GiGi Eats Celebrities

The sad thing is... some people don't know pizza is high in calories... and some people don't even know what calories are!

June 22, 2012 at 9:11 pm | Reply
  16. alr

If you're eating at someplace like McDonalds, haven't you already thrown calorie counts to the wind?

June 21, 2012 at 1:46 pm | Reply
    • Ally

Not necessarily... A McDonald's hamburger, apple slices and a milk are a pretty low calorie lunch.

June 21, 2012 at 1:51 pm | Reply