Coffee klatsch
June 19th, 2012

Pssst! Got a sec to chat?

Posted by:
Filed under: Buzz • Coffee Klatsch

1. MicheleG™

Well, that's annoying! I posted the lyrics to Dizzy and got moderated. pft.....

AS I WAS SAYING!....my boyfriend knows the lyrics and danced to them on the OLD Lloyd Thaxton show WAY back in the early 60's.

June 19, 2012 at 2:48 pm |
  2. The Honeyman

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5M-jOZRe0-8&w=640&h=390]

June 19, 2012 at 2:15 pm |
  3. Mildred

Hello all... fresh coffee in the pot!

The pretty shoes are for a steampunk costume that I'm constantly tweaking and wearing to different conventions. Unfortunately, they were a little too small so I am sending them back and getting a larger pair. And some of the shoe company names after you get away from what you can get in most mundane department stores get funky and silly.

June 19, 2012 at 12:11 pm |
  4. ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™

Has anyone 'seen' brother Richard? O^O They've been running him and WD back and forth so much, I'm afraid he got dizzy and took a wrong turn in Hotlanta!

Speaking of dizzy, I have some dizzy therapy this afternoon, should be interesting...cuz I'm still off balance (ha), failing the Romberg test miserably...I sway like a palm tree in a hurricane. For those who have or know someone who does have vertigo, this is vestibular rehabilitation therapy that I've heard works really well, but ins won't pay for anything that fancy, so I asked my PT for balance therapy as that is covered and it's the same thing.

June 19, 2012 at 11:45 am |
    • Kat Kinsman

Yikes! Hold on tight. We're here to keep you standing.

June 19, 2012 at 12:01 pm |
      • ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™@Kat

Thanks! I can stand OK with my eyes open, but try the Romberg with your feet together (touching), arms at side, and close your eyes (same test they give suspected drunk drivers) and I don't do so good.

June 19, 2012 at 12:27 pm |
    • MicheleG™

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8BmIf1A3js&w=640&h=390]

June 19, 2012 at 12:35 pm |
      • MicheleG™

Embrace it (carefully!!)!

June 19, 2012 at 12:35 pm |
        • ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™@MG

Ah, but I can't see 'it' at work....description please?

June 19, 2012 at 12:43 pm |
        • MicheleG™

Tommy Roe in the early 60's (I think). It's a vid of a 45 rpm playing his song "Dizzy!" Sound is lousy but I thought it was fun! If I could find a song about the diabetes I'd probably use it as a persona anthem.

June 19, 2012 at 1:00 pm |
        • MicheleG™

I jus kant tipe enymor...."Personal Anthem"......

June 19, 2012 at 1:42 pm |
        • ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™@MG

I remember dancing to that when I was in 6th grade or so. "I feel dizzy, my head is spinning, like a..." i can't remember the words!

June 19, 2012 at 1:50 pm |
  5. JainaJade

Good morning! The Sun is trying to come out today which my veggies will greatly appreciate :-)

June 19, 2012 at 10:57 am |
  6. mary shannon

Good morning from Cape Cod! This is one of my fav places in the world, the ocean recharges me.

June 19, 2012 at 10:28 am |
    • MicheleG™

Wow, Cape Cod!

I've never been on the ground in north America east of the Mississippi...... though visiting various places on the other half of the US is on my bucket list!

June 19, 2012 at 10:43 am |
  7. AleeD®

After some ... stuff .... occurred this past weekend, I just figured out this morning that I'm going thru The 5 Stages of Loss & Grief – because I am one angry biotch right now. My question to the Klatsch is, are there any books you can recommend I read to help me understand more about what I'm going thru?

A thick, heavy dictionary upside the cabesa may be a tad extreme however ... ;)

June 19, 2012 at 9:56 am |
    • MicheleG™

Oh, boy.... how I wish I had some intelligent advice for you but when "stuff" hits the fan all you can do is cope somehow. And I know it's the "somehow" that's the issue.

Just know the we love you and if you need to vent. I think you have my private e-mail. RH has it as does JBJ.

HUGS!, many Hugs!

June 19, 2012 at 10:27 am |
    • mary shannon

Sorry to hear, AleeD. ((((HUGS)))) Not sure what books will help, maybe some time along with venting to willing ears. Like Michele I offer my email ears, RH also has my email and you're welcome to use it. Stay strong!

June 19, 2012 at 10:32 am |
    • ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™@AleeD

Welcome back, we've missed you! So sorry you are having troubles, care to elaborate?

"Self Esteem and Peak Performance" by Jack Canfield has been my go to for many years, I have it on CD's now after wearing out the cassette's. I don't consider myself to have low self-esteem and not suggesting that you do, but there are many, many little nuggets of sage advice in this series that applies to pretty much anything and everything in life...it puts things into perspective (for me). Please stay and play a while, maybe that is what is needed?? :D

June 19, 2012 at 11:30 am |
  8. DJChilllyPhil, Jukebox King & Cold Stone God

Morning everyone! Feeling rather good today. Hopefully nothing will come and sour the mood.

Also, I agree with AleeD. For guys that people call Grease Monkeys, there is sure a lack of grease here. They must have just clocked in...

June 19, 2012 at 9:22 am |
    • ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™@DJC

Glad you are feeling better! I don't think these "men in uniform" will be enough to entice our Queen to come visit, sadly...

June 19, 2012 at 11:35 am |
  9. Sir Biddle

What up slack wads!!!!

June 19, 2012 at 8:46 am |
    • ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™@SirB

Well good morning to you too! A little fiesty are we?

June 19, 2012 at 11:31 am |
      • Sir Biddle@JBJ

No fiesty, just stirring the pot a bit.

June 19, 2012 at 1:57 pm |
        • ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™@SirB

Stir away, we need it lately...been way to quiet around here with the MIA (and you know who you are)!

June 19, 2012 at 2:10 pm |
  10. Truth™

Good morning all. A cool frond blew through overnight, and we will hit *only* 92 today. Compose yourself.

June 19, 2012 at 7:48 am |
    • ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™@Truth

Good morning back at ya. Condolances on the weather...we are waiting for ours to get here, but now enjoying high 70's, low to mid 80's. Not too bad, but July will bring the really hot stuff for sure.

June 19, 2012 at 11:33 am |
  11. AleeD®

They are way too clean to be real mechanics. Real mechanics are .... dirty. ~_~
    Coffee's perkin' and on the counter, there are cinnamon chip scones, fresh out of the oven. Enjoy!

June 19, 2012 at 7:05 am |