Coffee klatsch
June 15th, 2012

Pssst! Got a sec to chat?

Posted by:
Filed under: Buzz • Coffee Klatsch

1. Michelle

AH! Metallica – one of my favorites
    nice one!
    >>Michelle<<
    bestbuycafe.com

June 18, 2012 at 2:25 pm |
  2. MicheleG™

Happy Father's Day!

June 17, 2012 at 12:26 pm |
  3. AleeD from Home Sweet Home

Happy Father's Day to those who are and those who have.

June 17, 2012 at 12:07 pm |
  4. RichardHead

A Good Sunday Morning and Happy Father's Day to ALL. JBJ should be chowing down on Fantastic BBQ today. Enjoy your day everyone.

June 17, 2012 at 11:19 am |
  5. JBJingles_from the casa

I have achieved smokiness! I decided to use a larger smoke container this time and it worked! The whole neighborhood can smell it, and I'm sure it smells good at 9:30 in the morning! :) Now to wait another 6 hours or so....

June 16, 2012 at 12:50 pm |
  6. JBJingles_from the casa

Happy Saturday all! The BBB (bad boy brisket) had it's overnight soak in the Dr. Pepper tub, wood chips are soaking, rub is prepared....let the smoking begin soon! To go with it, I plan to make some apple baked beans and a homemade cherry cobbler. :D

June 16, 2012 at 10:34 am |
  7. ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™

T-minus 30 until signing off and going in search of my prized brisket.... I tried using smoked paprika last time in the rub and it was too strong, so I am going to try the sweet stuff this time and RH's secret ingrediant if I can find it. Wish me luck and leftovers for breakfast on Monday! Have a great weekend everyone! :D

June 15, 2012 at 5:35 pm |
  8. Sir Biddle

Just saw the movie Prometheus......One word. Awesome!

June 15, 2012 at 3:35 pm |
    • Truth™@Biddle

Saw it last week, and I agree. It was interesting how they tied up the loose ends for "Alien" while also setting the table for its own sequel.

June 15, 2012 at 4:42 pm |
  9. Truth™@Song of the day

Since DJ Phil is absent, i will do the honors.

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYEDA3JcQqw&w=640&h=390]

June 15, 2012 at 1:58 pm |
    • DJChilllyPhil, Jukebox King & Cold Stone God@Truth

Busy busy busy busy busy!

Anyway, did any of you catch that mashup megamix I posted the other day?

June 15, 2012 at 2:37 pm |
    • Jdizzle McHammerpants ♫♫

Sick of hearing her music everywhere I turn.

I used to think it was "ok" music, but I don't see what the big deal is with Adele.

June 15, 2012 at 2:52 pm |
      • AleeD®

Then how 'bout some anti-Adele?
        [youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIgb7cMgJEw&w=640&h=390]

June 15, 2012 at 3:16 pm |
  10. ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™

*happy dance* It's Friday! Woo to the hoo! In other news, my oven is kaput, so we will be shopping appliances tomorrow. No one can accuse me of not boosting the economy!

June 15, 2012 at 1:22 pm |
    • MicheleG™

Too kool! Self cleaning? Convection? Stainless? Colored? This could be sort of fun, you know!

June 15, 2012 at 1:38 pm |
      • ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™@MicheleG

Self cleaning, check, gas stove top, check, stainless steel, check, matching microwave, check. Yes it could be fun if it was less expensive...but our fridge died in January and we replaced it with stainless, but kept the white stove/micro so I've just been waiting for them to die to replace them. :)

June 15, 2012 at 2:17 pm |
        • MicheleG™

I understand. Those big kitchen appliances can be brutally expensive. Fun with pain! Defines "mixed emotions!"

June 15, 2012 at 2:40 pm |
  11. AleeD®@WOD

Ineptocracy – (in-ep-toc'-ra-cy) – n : A system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed, are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.

June 15, 2012 at 12:30 pm |
    • Truth™@AleeD

WELL SAID!

June 15, 2012 at 12:49 pm |
    • MicheleG™

rings a bell ...."communism?"

a revolutionary socialist movement to create a classless, moneyless, and stateless social order structured upon common ownership of the means of production, as well as a social, political and economic ideology that aims at the establishment of this social order.

June 15, 2012 at 1:52 pm |
    • MicheleG™

Socialism: an economic system characterised by social ownership of the means of production and cooperative management of the economy, and a political philosophy advocating such a system

June 15, 2012 at 1:53 pm |
    • MicheleG™

Kleptocracy, alternatively cleptocracy or kleptarchy, hence "rule by thieves" is a form of political and government corruption where the government exists to increase the personal wealth and political power of its officials and the ruling class at the expense of the wider population, often without pretense of honest service. This type of government corruption is often achieved by the embezzlement of state funds.

June 15, 2012 at 1:56 pm |
      • ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™@MicheleG

California??

June 15, 2012 at 2:18 pm |
  12. DJChilllyPhil, Jukebox King & Cold Stone God

Group hug? YAY!

Another Friday morning is upon us. Definitely a lot better than last night!

A big storm blew in from out of nowhere and wreaked all kinds of havoc in the area. Delayed a lot of flights and messed with others. It actually delayed my brother's luggage from getting to the baggage claim for a good half hour. This is after they were stuck in the plane for an extra 30 minutes because the gate got stuck or something. Add to that my sister-in-law's claustrophobic tendencies and you can see where it would have headed if she was stuck in there any longer.

Either way, they are home safe now and things are getting back to some semblance of normalcy...I think.

June 15, 2012 at 11:14 am |
  13. Jdizzle McHammerpants ♫♫

Anyone watch Master Chef? I saw an episode the other day where the judges presented their dreaded dishes (to prepare). One of them was clam chowder. I was like really?

I am a master of this. Risotto was another. That one sucks. Rice is my enemy.

June 15, 2012 at 11:01 am |
    • ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™@Jdizz

I agree with the Risotto, it is an evil dish that takes waaaaay to much time and attention to get it right.

June 15, 2012 at 2:21 pm |
  14. Jdizzle McHammerpants ♫♫ @ Kat

My day to be Moderated on every post?

=(

June 15, 2012 at 10:50 am |
  15. MicheleG™

Goooood Morning and a GROUP HUG!

June 15, 2012 at 10:19 am |
  16. Mary Shannon

Its Friday!!! Thanks to AleeD for the vacation wishes, and thank you, Truth, for the birthday wishes, you're a terrific brother!

June 15, 2012 at 8:49 am |
  17. Truth™

Good morning all, from a windy Denver. Hopefully all this wind does NOT make the wildfires any worse. Had some lightning overnight, which we also need like a double hernia.

When Mary Shannon shows up, be sure to wish her a happy, as her big day is tomorrow, after which she departs for some well earned R&R.

How is everyone doing today?

June 15, 2012 at 8:30 am |
    • Jdizzle McHammerpants ♫♫

Double hernia? We have trusses for that. Only $32.50 and we can bill your insurance for it with a prescription.

=D

June 15, 2012 at 10:42 am |
  18. AleeD®

Good morning and Happy Friday one an doll! Coffee's doing it's thing while I get ready to do mine.
    Hugs & prayers to Ms. Grammar and her mother.
    Many heart-felt condolences to Faith and her hubby.
    Mary Shannon, please define "vacation" for me. I used to know what that was .... ;) Please enjoy yours, Milady. :)
    Rich, sorry about the pic post yesterday. Too soon after the surgery, eh? Don't worry, the scars will heal and you'll look like Brad Pitt in no time ... or Angelina Jolie depending on which end the surgeon cut.

June 15, 2012 at 7:04 am |
    • ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™@AleeD

What did I miss? Is RH OK?? I sent an email last night and no reply...

June 15, 2012 at 1:23 pm |
      • AleeD®@JBJingles

He's fine as far as I know. He's not here much 'cuz of his new route. Read his first comment @ 8:14am on yesterday's lounge thread.

June 15, 2012 at 3:08 pm |
  19. TX4UREXKARLENE

Morning everyone !!! At work now looking forward to 2 nights off :-) Yee Haaa

June 15, 2012 at 5:13 am |
Pinterest

| Part of

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 7,651 other followers