Coffee klatsch
June 14th, 2012

Pssst! Got a sec to chat?

Posted by:
Filed under: Buzz • Coffee Klatsch

1. faith

Hi everyone! I know I haven't checked in here for a while (pinterest has got me hooked) but I do think of you all and try to catch up when possible! I have a few things I want to share with the group~ My 88 year old father in law passed away last Monday (the 4th). I have only known him for 12 years, but he did a lot for city he lived in and for his 8 children. I sometimes wonder how on earth after all he did, could they not have anything more that social security to live on?! But after his death, and listening to the stories his children (including my husband) told about the days growing up, it dawned on me that he really lived the motto "you can't take it with you." Although, he didn't leave his children money or things he left them a lifetime of wonderful memories. From great family trips to generous donations to the church at Christmastime and to extended family members during the holidays. He was a man whose family, faith and friends were the most important part of his life. He was a very hard worker and spent the money while he could enjoy it. For me, it was a great lesson in enjoying the moment!

June 14, 2012 at 3:40 pm |
    • ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™

I am so sorry for your loss, he sounds like he was a very wise and kind person.

As my mom has said, "the last check you write should bounce and that is to the undertaker". I am trying my darndest to spend my kids inheritance.

June 14, 2012 at 3:57 pm |
    • MicheleG™

Sorry to hear of your loss but it sounds like he did "life" right. A good example to follow!

June 14, 2012 at 4:02 pm |
    • Ms. Grammar

My sympathies and prayers are going out to you, my dear!

June 14, 2012 at 5:20 pm |
    • Truth™@Faith

Please accept my condolences. He sounds like he got the whole life thing correct.

June 14, 2012 at 5:22 pm |
  2. ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™

They are going hog wild over on the foie gras thread...it must be Thursday.

June 14, 2012 at 1:51 pm |
  3. Ms. Grammar

Sad news to relay. Mom's cancer has come back in a very aggressive form. They did a stomach bypass yesterday! More cancer in the abdominal area including spine and adrenal glands. We're waiting to speak with the oncologist re her options. I am so glad we were able to do the traveling we did the last few years. Hug your loved ones (both human and furry [I actually have a furry human]) everyday! We don't know how long we have them in our lives.

Please remember my mother in your prayers or meditations. Thanks so much, guys!

June 14, 2012 at 12:26 pm |
    • Mildred

*hugs and positive thoughts*

June 14, 2012 at 12:30 pm |
    • Mary Shannon

Very sorry to hear that, I'll keep her in my thoughts. Take care of yourself, too.

June 14, 2012 at 12:30 pm |
    • Truth™@Ms Grammar

Consider it done, and please keep us posted. Take some time for yourself as well, and this has to be a stressful time. Please accept my sympathies.

June 14, 2012 at 12:34 pm |
    • MicheleG™

More hugs and love to you all. Repeat as needed!

(((((HUGS!)))))(((((HUGS!)))))(((((HUGS!)))))(((((HUGS!)))))(((((HUGS!)))))

June 14, 2012 at 12:45 pm |
    • ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™@Miss Grammar

I'm am so sorry to hear that...and your message hit home in so many ways for me as I just took a trip with my mom and I really don't know if she will be able to do another... So many positive thoughts going to you and your mom. Please remember to take care of yourself too.

June 14, 2012 at 12:47 pm |
    • RichardHead@Ms.Grammar

Hey You, Haven't heard from you in a while. I'm sorry to hear about Mom-tho she is a proven fighter. Give her a hug and kiss for me and maybe a Rutt's cremator-it couldn't hurt. Check out my answer to TX4U–it has my e-mail address in it in case you need someone to listen. Take a deep breath,try and relax and stay strong for the Family.

June 14, 2012 at 12:56 pm |
  4. Mildred

Today's lunch... Northeastern Chicken BBQ for Flag Day (annual fund raiser by a group in the building).

June 14, 2012 at 12:16 pm |
  5. ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™@Eatocropedia(sp?)

vichyssoise
    vih-shee-SWAHZ, vee-shee-SWAHZ
    Category: Dish
    Origin: French
    Definition: A creamy soup of pureed leeks and potatoes, served cold

Now that is just FUN to say!

June 14, 2012 at 11:28 am |
    • ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™@Eatcyclopedia

Well I mangled that one!

June 14, 2012 at 11:29 am |
      • MicheleG™

Looks OK to me....what'd you "mangle?" I like Eatocropedia better than Eatcyclopedia!

June 14, 2012 at 11:47 am |
        • ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™@MicheleG

Yeah me too, but that was not the "official" name on the main site page for this stuff. The word always reminds me of Jim Carey in Mask.

June 14, 2012 at 11:58 am |
  6. DJChilllyPhil, Jukebox King & Cold Stone God

Good morning all! Hopefully this next one will help get people moving...

It's what happens when someone gets a bit too much time on their hands...

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6aOh2_Pxd4&w=640&h=390]

June 14, 2012 at 10:35 am |
  7. Sir Biddle

A little chill groove for the morning.....

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Blr0uqU0zAs&w=640&h=390]

June 14, 2012 at 9:50 am |
  8. Mary Shannon

Good morning! I had to go into the office again yesterday, 3 times in 2 weeks, I'm done for another year! Finally a stretch of sunny days expected here, nice for the weekend and VACATION NEXT WEEK!!!!! Can you tell I need it? :-)

June 14, 2012 at 9:35 am |
    • TX4UREXKARLENE

My sister gets to work from home ;) it must be nice ....

June 14, 2012 at 10:08 am |
    • MicheleG™

I worked from home for a while but I learned (the hard way) that if you can't "train" the rest of the family to respect the time you MUST devote to it you will have issues and catch up tasks "after hours" all to often.

My work day became all too fragmented by family demands that I could not redirect or prevent.

Two edged sword.

June 14, 2012 at 10:12 am |
      • TX4UREXKARLENE

Yes , I understand , her kids are with a sitter & hubby at work – & me callin her :-)

June 14, 2012 at 11:33 am |
        • MicheleG™

Now THAT's the way to do it!

June 14, 2012 at 11:49 am |
  9. Sir Biddle

Morning Crew!

Been awhile on here, anything juicy I've missed. How is everyone doing?

June 14, 2012 at 8:59 am |
    • RichardHead@SirB

Hey Bud....How's Lil' Biddle doing? How's Momma doing? Seems as tho Queenie is MIA also.:((.

June 14, 2012 at 9:08 am |
      • Sir Biddle@RH

Lil Biddle is doing well and momma is ready to get it all over with. 6 weeks to go!

How goes it with you and Schneider?

June 14, 2012 at 9:46 am |
        • RichardHead@SirB

Other than WD and I not knowing if we are coming or going the company is great. Big Blue only sits when we sleep so the wheels are rollin'. I'm glad the family is well–Have you caught Jesse Owens yet? Take care of Momma,she's gonna need it soon. :))

June 14, 2012 at 1:00 pm |
  10. Truth™

Good morning all!
    How is everyone doing today? The local wildfire is 10% contained. 150 homes lost so far. Scary times, to be sure.

June 14, 2012 at 8:54 am |
    • RichardHead@Truth

You NO Checka 'DA E-Mail Mon !!!

June 14, 2012 at 9:05 am |
      • TX4UREXKARLENE

You can e mail me if you want !!!

June 14, 2012 at 10:02 am |
        • RichardHead@TX4U

Hey Girl...Have you got my e-mail address? Let's do it this way- my spam acct is stxlegend@aol.com. Send me your address and I'll answer you from my real actt–How's that?

June 14, 2012 at 12:49 pm |
    • MicheleG™

I don't remember quite where you live. Are you in any jeopardy from the fires? I understand they are near Ft. Collins.

June 14, 2012 at 9:14 am |
    • TX4UREXKARLENE

Best Wishes Truth :,-)

June 14, 2012 at 10:04 am |
  11. MicheleG™

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZC-WfUHUBSw&w=640&h=390]

June 14, 2012 at 8:31 am |
  12. RichardHead

Morning Kidz..I wish my Sista' wouldn't post my picture on here-now everyone knows what I look like.:(( @JBJ-Overnite in the fridge covered in Dr Pepper,pour off excess DP and blot dry with paper towels...sprinkle the rub all around and massage in. Let sit loosely covered with foil on the counter for 2 hrs and then indirect grill. Of course you have purchased tri-tip,NOT REAL Texas Brisket.Use Hickory wood chunks for 2 hours to get the smoke flavor then let her cook low and slow. Try to keep it at 220 or 250 degrees. After 4 hours, double wrap in aluminum foil and put back on grill till done. The times vary depending on the size of the meat. Don't forget to add the secret ingredient to the rub. You'll do fine and Hubs will bring you cold ones while you slave over the grill. :))

June 14, 2012 at 8:14 am |
    • TX4UREXKARLENE

Low & Slow my favorite !!!

June 14, 2012 at 10:06 am |
    • ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™@RH

Check, check, and check. BUTTTTT, you still haven't given me your super duper secret rub recipe! Hmmph. And if you tell me you'll give it up when pigs fly, please know I have bacon and I'm not afraid to through it through the air...

June 14, 2012 at 11:02 am |
  13. AleeD®

HEY! Waaaaake up!
    [youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DqLVfxM-NE&w=640&h=390]
    Coffee I.V. is ready to go! Hope everyone has a b.e.a.uuuuutiful day.

June 14, 2012 at 7:05 am |
    • TX4UREXKARLENE

Have a Wonderful Day , AleeD :-)

June 14, 2012 at 10:11 am |