Welcome to the family, Anthony Bourdain!
May 29th, 2012

World-renowned chef, bestselling author and Emmy winning television personality Anthony Bourdain will join CNN as host of a new weekend program, creating a signature showcase for the network’s coverage of food and travel. The announcement was made by CNN Worldwide Executive Vice President and Managing Editor, Mark Whitaker.

“For more than a decade, Anthony Bourdain has been a trailblazer in educating Americans about different cuisines and cultures around the world, as well as an outspoken commentator on social trends ranging from the rise of celebrity chefs to the impact of fast food chains to the spread of vegetarianism and veganism,” said Whitaker. “Examining the world through the prism of Tony’s unique expertise and passions continues CNN’s long-standing commitment to international reporting and to promoting global understanding.”

Read - Anthony Bourdain Joins CNN to Host New Weekend Program

Previously - Q & A: Anthony Bourdain, back in Beirut and Q & A part 2: Anthony Bourdain talks food love and family meals

Posted by:
Filed under: Anthony Bourdain • Celebrity Chefs

1. James Chapman

Checf Anthony would approve of this Mac and Cheese song:

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJI3CeXlVz0&w=640&h=390]

May 31, 2012 at 4:31 pm |
  2. Nancy

I LOVE Anthony Bourdain–entertaining & informative writer, always interesting TV shows. His French Bistro cookbook is still one of my most useful & entertaining cookbooks. Love the ways he calls it as he sees it, & skewers all the pompous food twits. I know some of the gory carnivore details gross people out–but the reality is that Americans today are for the most part totally removed from & uninvolved in where their food originates & how it is produced. Those fancy filets in the market case were not conceived in tidy little plastic wrappers AND the rest of the world is not as able as we to be picky about the sources of their protein.

May 31, 2012 at 11:38 am |
    • martin

He is stylish and charismatic so some Americans have problem to accept him.....and he smokes and drinks little bit.
      Hard to swallow.

May 31, 2012 at 12:45 pm |
  3. Jean

I am thrilled.....love Anthony; II like this guy for telling it like it is. I have a lot of respect for him, watch all his shows and thoroughly enjoy them. Can't wait to see him on CNN.

May 31, 2012 at 11:27 am |
  4. Barbara Smith, fan from south of Chicago

How utterly fortunate for CNN to have scored Tony. Despite his glaring "humanity" - which he could easily hide to his advantage - he shows us heart, soul, compassion, thoughtfulness, curiosity, analysis, history and insight into the oyster of the wider world in which we are citizens.

Foodies posing as critics and experts invade our televisions and offer subjective opinions. Bourdain opines based on medical expertise (Paula Dean needed a wake-up call), historical facts (nary an episode of No Reservations is without that education), and stated bias (pork) which is freely admitted. He does not judge cultures, rather immerses himself into them for the sake of knowledge.

Yes, I have become enamored with Bourdain as a journalist and a well-rounded human being. His honesty makes me wish he were part of my closely-held select circle of friends/advisors/soul mates. He would fit right in.

Have any of you critics bothered to try some of his recommendations? Recently in Boston I tried the Belle Island Seafood he recommended and had the best lobster roll thanks to him (reviewed on Yelp and TripAdvisor). Spot-on, as always.

May 31, 2012 at 10:07 am |
  5. Mag Acan

Anthony Bourdain in an excellent addition to CNN. He's a great cook and his programs are fun to watch. Welcome Tony!!

May 31, 2012 at 8:29 am |
  6. dalbert

love his programs, he has done very well, very educational, humorous well done,,

May 30, 2012 at 11:11 pm |
  7. WHY HATE

you guys are fools. Quit hating on his success.

May 30, 2012 at 6:33 pm |
    • dalbert

I agree

May 30, 2012 at 11:12 pm |
  8. Nancy

I have NO use for Bourdain – he's always struck me as a dirty-mouthed, alcoholic, jerk who lives to knock down everyone else – I'll let everyone else watch him walk on water.

May 30, 2012 at 4:31 pm |
    • plenty

Well said, this guy has a huge ego, why who knows, he does nothing well

May 30, 2012 at 5:57 pm |
    • Charles Pyott

Nancy,

I find interesting that you see him that way, in particular, because I'm very attuned to those types of things. I can't stand narcissists, egocentrists, and the like. But I never saw Bourdain as being remotely in the worst of that league. Granted, my only experience/knowledge of him is about 10-15 episodes of his "No Reservations" show, but he never struck me as one of those genuinely odious celebrities with un-nuanced big egos (e.g., Donald Trump, Sarah Palin, Tom Cruise, etc.) - perhaps, because he often genuinely came across as being self-deprecating, to me.

May 30, 2012 at 9:40 pm |
      • Grow Up People

Hear, hear!

May 31, 2012 at 6:53 am |
    • martin

Anthony Bourdain is the best, entertaining and stylish... All what most of you other Americans are not so you don't like him.
      Viva hate. 5 stars for Bourdain.

May 30, 2012 at 11:02 pm |
      • j-son

Dearest Martin,

You're right! How dare we ugly, unsophisticated, bloated Americans criticize Anthony B. We are ALL simple, uneducated brutes with no sense of style, taste or panache, but at least we typically wear deodorant and tend to shower regularly. At least we have that going for us.

Cliched as it is, you apparently know what you're talking about. Thank you for reminding us of how tragically flawed the US is in every way. Curious how so many of the obviously superior cultures from every corner of the globe seem to still flock here, with the seeming intention of remaking it in the images of the very places they left? That is just strange, considering how utopic the rest of the world is...

Sincerely,

Brutish American #301,511,155

PS: For the record,I have seen every single episode of No Reservations and read Kitchen Confidential years ago, before he even had the show. Yes, he's a bit snobby and silly and tries too hard to be late-70s NYC cool, but I find it endearing, in a he's-like-my-eccentric-uncle fashion.

PPS: The episode in Cali high desert with QOTSA, is one of the very best productions I've ever seen on TV.

Vive le Bourdain!!!!

May 31, 2012 at 9:11 am |
  9. babs

Heroin for everyone! It's cool to be a drug addict if you're hip!

May 30, 2012 at 3:34 pm |
  10. John

I love Anthony. Especially when discussing his indiscretions. I just wish he would be a bit nicer when discussing Paula Dean and Rachel Ray. I like them all.

May 30, 2012 at 3:20 pm |
  11. Valerie

Three words for this guy:

Arrogant, Narcissistic, Azzhole.

May 30, 2012 at 2:39 pm |
    • Valerie

almost forgot, I bet he beats women, too.

May 30, 2012 at 2:41 pm |
      • Mark

He eats like a pig too... hate to see him eating YUCK!!

May 30, 2012 at 4:11 pm |
        • Sally

Agreed! The guy has no class and he smokes too!! He must be a liberal though if CNN hired him!!

May 31, 2012 at 11:12 am |
      • Martin

Wow, just WOW. "You bet he beats on women too"?

It's pretty easy to make anonymous accusations from behind the anonymity of the internet.

Why can't you just say that you don't like him instead of including baseless accusations?

May 30, 2012 at 6:54 pm |
  12. Hypocrisy Hunter

Great News! A new show, a bigger audience for Tony and a bunch of pi$sed of Tea Baggers! The triffecta! Does it get an better than this?

May 30, 2012 at 2:22 pm |
  13. Chris

Hm, so the same Anthony Bourdain that heavily ridicules other chefs for being high profile on tv, now works for CNN? What page is the receipe for hyopcrite on Tony?

May 30, 2012 at 1:09 pm |
  14. Lucifer's Evil Twin

I like Tony, he's sarcastic funny. Why he would demean himself by working for cnn, I don't know.

May 30, 2012 at 12:44 pm |
  15. vonryansexpress

Boycott Anthony Bourdain and any advertisers that sponsor his CNN program.

After Bourdain's recent pistol shots to a pigs head, that left the aninmal organically alive to be bled and gutted as Bourdain preened for the 'No Reservations"-New Orleans video, there is no reason to accept Bourdain as resonable or entertaining.

If CNN wants to celebrate cuisine or cultural cooking, need they bring it to the audience with a buffoon that glories in bad shooting and ineffective slaughter?

Bourdain is not a man suitable for the times that respect animal life and its rightfull taking when appropriate.
    Killing by imbecile is not cuisine.

Does CNN support and endorse Bourdain's bad pistol shots to a pigs head?

If so, do you support CNN and its advertisers.

Make your voices heard.

May 30, 2012 at 11:50 am |
    • Sally

I'm glad I didn't see that! Boycott this slob...

May 31, 2012 at 11:14 am |
  16. Fast Eddie

CNN stooped to a very low level hiring this jerk. I watched some of hie travel channel shows that showcased international foods. As my friends will attest, I am a long way from a prude but I quit watching due to his foul mouth. I assume his regular use of the F bomb was for emphasis. It didn't work well for me. Lots of words blipped out in those shows. CNN needs to get their blipper ready. It will get heavy use.

May 30, 2012 at 11:14 am |
    • asdf

saying "h e double hockey sticks" still makes you a prude

May 30, 2012 at 12:18 pm |
    • Grow Up People

No doubt about it. You're a prude.

May 30, 2012 at 12:50 pm |
  17. Briley Parkway

Great. Maybe he can afford a toothbrush now

May 30, 2012 at 5:28 am |
  18. ghaleon

When asked if he had any doubts about the new job, he replied: "No reservations".

May 30, 2012 at 5:15 am |
  19. foodie

in other news, Adam Richman was made the CNN czar of portion control....

May 30, 2012 at 3:05 am |
  20. KR

I used to watch his shows, and even enjoyed his sarcastic grumpiness, until on one show he called someone a fat f*** for not walking up an escalator. He stopped being amusing at that point and was simply an a-hole. Good luck CNN. Someday he'll be trashing you on another channel just like he trashes Food Network now.

May 30, 2012 at 1:59 am |
  21. umamiseeker

Could CNN have chosen a worse picture for this guy? Terrible......

May 30, 2012 at 1:39 am |
    • Nudnik

So Mr. Potty Mouth has finally made the big time... Travel Channel was beeping out his every other word...

May 30, 2012 at 2:03 am |
      • Jason

LOL. "Potty mouth"? Who talks like that? What are you, 90?

May 30, 2012 at 2:57 am |
  22. lance corporal

I had no idea bourdain was such a lightning rod for radical right hate..........

it is so freakin funny to see folks hating on his assumed politics calling him pompous ..........

you gotta be kidding , a TV personality ... pompous??? NOOOOOOO! and rush and his ilk aren't waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay past pompous??????

bourdains a bit of a bore but the locations are great, don't follow it or anything but his show seems harmless and fun enough. I can't imagine why this guy would be come a target to the haters

oh wait that's right I once heard him say the worlds greatest band was the ramones.........
    the freakin ramones!!!

THAT is hard to stomach
    OK wild and crazy "values" types he's all yours chew up and roll around in your hate and anger all over him
    he deserves it
    the ramones for god's sake..........

May 30, 2012 at 1:34 am |
    • JoePub

Why are making this a right vs. left issue? Wouldn't it be more of a cultural issue? I lean right and I find Anthony Bourdain hilarious. But then again, I grew up in the same part of New Jersey so I get his shtick.

May 30, 2012 at 1:33 pm |
  23. SUAMW

Did he learn some new adjectives (besides "good" and "interesting")?

May 30, 2012 at 1:22 am |
  24. SUAMW

Nnnnnnnnnnnoooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...............................

May 30, 2012 at 1:21 am |
    • GUH!

Indeed......indeed.
      i really like his work thus far, but i really don't see this as a good direction. i hope for his sake they are writing one hell of a check for this.

May 30, 2012 at 1:35 am |
  25. Michelle

Lame. I can't stand this sneering, condescending, pompous jerk.

May 30, 2012 at 12:38 am |
    • Not you

Not everyone can. But then again that's what makes picking and choosing what to like so appealing. Anyway, I'm sure you still enjoy other things in life – like things that don't involve trolling around the internet hating.

May 30, 2012 at 12:50 am |
    • Bob

So why are you paying attention to CNN in the first place?

May 30, 2012 at 2:56 am |
  26. eroteme

I wonder if Mr Bourdain had to claim leftist political leanings in order gain employment by CNN.

May 30, 2012 at 12:37 am |
    • Not you

Nope. Probably only one requirement – to willingly admit that he hates MOX News Corp.

May 30, 2012 at 12:40 am |
    • Clark Nova

CNN's politics range from center right to extreme right. You're just upset because they aren't bull-goose wingnut tea-party right

May 30, 2012 at 2:08 am |
  27. Lemon Pie

In all reality, CNN just fried some Rocky Mountain Oysters with a little Blue cheese dressing as a side dish against the traditional News Channels. Tony will add a different thought and New Ideas concerning food and obesity among your Fat AZZ kids.

May 30, 2012 at 12:05 am |
    • Not you

Agreed friend. I only hope you don't end up being trolled by Paula's upteen million fans. Stay safe bud – they're everywhere!

May 30, 2012 at 12:21 am |
      • Lemon Pie

Thanks,but I use REAL Butter and they will just slide off, kinda like Paula's makeup within 5 minutes of being applied.

May 30, 2012 at 12:28 am |
        • Not you

me <- Actually laughing. Here's hoping people learn a thing or two about the same reputable cynicism that tore Paula a new one.

May 30, 2012 at 12:31 am |
        • Lemon Pie

I've never had a TransVaginalMesh smile back at me with such pearly whites before. Should I call an attorney or a Dentist? Decisions, Decisions....

May 30, 2012 at 12:49 am |
  28. Dusty King

I am so disgusted with this guy. I can not believe this guy has gotten the press he has received. From the moment his filthy snotty book(?) came out and he bragged about his chef did the bride over a barrel in back of a restaurant he worked at I have had nothing but contempt for this guy.

My chefs, Master Chefs and Master Sommeliers, one a World Master Sommeliers, taught me discretion at all times. Do not ever wear my Chef's Coat out side before or after work. I have not seen one thing from this guy Bourdain to make me think for one second that he deserves such praise, adulation or press. His opinions are as bath water, dirty and gross, they should be thrown out.

He has no respect for food or the restaurant business. To put this guy on CNN, well whatever, not that I have much respect for CNN either, but Rolling Stone actually interviewed him, THAT is a travesty and should never occur. Bourdaini is a travesty and doesn't deserve Rolling Stone, he isn't even at foodie level, he belongs in the barrel, the bride was over.

May 29, 2012 at 11:58 pm |
    • Scruff

Get over yourself! He's a Chef who drinks, smokes, travels and says what's on his mind (HONESTLY) not caring what the snooty side of the industry thinks. That is very refreshing. He has never pretended to be "proper". He is who he is and I can guarantee he has many more interesting/entertaining stories than you.

May 30, 2012 at 12:14 am |
      • h2sguru

Exactly Scruff........nevr said he was and say's what's on his mind. His books are a joy to read.

May 30, 2012 at 2:59 am |
    • Not you

Listen I get that you take to the net-waves to share you obvious disdain, and that's not at all a bad thing. My only criticism is that you over share when you clearly don't have to. I propose that you faintly disappear into a pale and long eternal nothing. Well that or at least render a brain a chance to understand that his book and satire is pure entertainment. ENTERTAINMENT. Take it or leave it. I suggest you go with the eternal nothing bit. you = *pwned*...

May 30, 2012 at 12:18 am |
    • njemnu

you are jealous.

May 30, 2012 at 12:21 am |
    • Mike

excuse me? i'm a Chef! and i'm sorry your snotty world doesn't correlate with the reality of the business like Bordain has exemplified. And as far as i know, nobody has even come close. The guy is a better writer than a Chef perhaps. But so what? Thats why he was hired. Now go get the sand out of your V^Gina and wash those dishes you whiny little b*t%h!

May 30, 2012 at 12:22 am |
    • Saddle Ryder

Dusty King is jealous 'cuz the Barrel wasn't in his supposed Kitchen and Bend Over Betty wasn't the Special Dessert on the Menu.

May 30, 2012 at 12:22 am |
    • Not you

And for the record, i still propose that you faintly disappear into a pale and long eternal nothing. :)

May 30, 2012 at 12:28 am |
    • asdf

translation: blah blah blah Im a narrow minded prude

May 30, 2012 at 12:25 pm |
  29. disgustedvet

The foulmouthed drunk will fit in well at CNN. His anti-American viewpoints will fit in as well.

May 29, 2012 at 11:50 pm |
    • Scruff

Anti American viewpoints? Explain please. Is it because he travels to countries of Muslim heritages? It's an educational show….. try to broaden your horizens!

May 30, 2012 at 12:01 am |
      • disgustedvet

Nothing to do with Muslim countries. Watch his shows from S E Asia. He makes Jane Fonda seem almost patriotic .

May 30, 2012 at 12:07 am |
        • 69-72 Vet

So your a PIG VET? Never saw him abuse or say anything Bad about Hanoi Jane or any of her followers such as yourself.

May 30, 2012 at 12:15 am |
        • Scruff

His shows have nothing to do with politics (other than to ask questions- culture related) but glad you turned to that. They are about the culture of a specific country and yes, he's been to "the countries" in SE Asia. So has Samantha Brown and Andrew Zimmern.

May 30, 2012 at 12:23 am |
        • Clark Nova

I just returned from a month in Viet Nam and I've got a news flash for you: the war is over. Most Vietnamese were not even born when it ended. Their lives are SO much better (and their economy, too) than they were under the gangster warlords of Saigon that there is no comparison possible.

The food's great, too.

This from a Viet Nam combat vet. The good guys won for once.

May 30, 2012 at 2:14 am |
        • Davidoff

Now there is a guy who likes to watch TV with S**T colored glasses.

May 30, 2012 at 11:19 am |
    • Not you

Now, now Paula, lets not get all carried away with your obvious sentiments. As someone who has both served the armed forces, and had the privilege of meeting Mr. Bourdain, I can assure you he means no ill will or has any "Anti-American" standpoints. While he may be a little "depressed" with certain facets of American culture, his obvious love for this county should go unchallenged. You sir have just been *pwned*.

May 30, 2012 at 12:13 am |
  30. AndyM

Great. A drunk, drug abuser is now a "proud member of the family." Wow CNN. You have sunk to new levels of low. Very low. Why not hire Hitler's ghost to pen a few stories?

May 29, 2012 at 11:41 pm |
    • AndyD

You must be kidding! Anthony Bourdain.......

May 29, 2012 at 11:46 pm |
    • Scruff

You must be a fan of Paula Deen!

May 29, 2012 at 11:52 pm |
      • Not you

No. Non deserving, even to be a fan of Paula's. This idiot troll is just hemorrhaging ignorance.

May 30, 2012 at 12:27 am |
    • Eddie

So because someone has or does use drugs and alcohol....they shouldn't be allowed to do better than you? please tell us more about your theories on life.

May 29, 2012 at 11:55 pm |
    • Mike

this is a pretty stand up guy who tells it like it is. I can vouch for him. You all dont know squat about the guy. Get over it, CNN should be proud to have a writer of his caliber who, i'm sorry knows more about food than all of you F*CK$ combined!

May 30, 2012 at 12:27 am |
    • Mike

when you're done judging... maybe your ignorance can be persuaded through Mr. Bourdain's brilliance in his writing rather than weighing your opinion on alternative lifestyles.

May 30, 2012 at 12:40 am |
  31. MyCookingRocks

**yawn** Big fat whoopty do. He's showing signs of selling out...a la Sting and Bono style. The CNN show should be the death knell of his career.

May 29, 2012 at 11:34 pm |
  32. DISCUSTED

This is the rudest man on television. When I worked for Montana State University, he was a "paid" guest at their annual auction. He was rude, rude, and rude. He said some very ungentlemanly things about a very popular chef on the Food Network. He must have thought that people in Montana were just ignorant cowpokes. I was so shocked that he would voice such negativity in public. Unfortunately, the Athletic Department, who hosted this piece of garbage, thought he was great and had a good laugh over the slur – so goes the boy’s club mentality. Well, don’t we all know how low athletic departments can sink? I guess CNN has jumped on the lower than low bandwagon.

May 29, 2012 at 11:31 pm |
    • Srb

Look at it this way. He didn't mock your spelling.
      He's an acquired taste. Either you like his edge and INSECURITIES or you do not. He my also do better with cooked pork than with people but he likes the sames urban backstops that i do.

May 29, 2012 at 11:52 pm |
      • Dusty King

So you want to give someone grief about spelling then misspell your post ???? LOL… ROFL Way to go Cowboy!!!

May 30, 2012 at 12:03 am |
    • Mike

Grow some skin and learn to take criticism. Thats what he did, most good chefs will tell you that.

May 30, 2012 at 12:30 am |
  33. Bert BigDongler

Another liberal. Never would have guess that one!

May 29, 2012 at 11:29 pm |
    • Clark Nova

You say that like it's a BAD thing.

May 30, 2012 at 2:17 am |
  34. jaimie

Anthony Bourdain welcome!

May 29, 2012 at 11:01 pm |
    • Not you

I can't wait. I only hope he holds on to some of the same writers and production crew from N/R. Welcome to the fold Mr. Bourdain! Into the fray my friend. Prepare to be a hero on a much larger scale...

May 29, 2012 at 11:23 pm |
  35. Sagebrush Shorty

They were made for each other.

May 29, 2012 at 10:42 pm |
  36. giggity

when you think CNN cannot get any lower

May 29, 2012 at 10:41 pm |
    • monkeytoes

I AGREE!...... Now I will delete CNN from my bookmarks. What a pompous, boorish ASS!

May 29, 2012 at 11:28 pm |
  37. Thomas Paul Lachowsky

This is outrageous. CNN rewards Anthony Bourdain's cruel mistreatment of Rainbow Dash from the show My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic by giving him a job?!

THE BRONIES WILL NOT STAND FOR THIS

May 29, 2012 at 10:38 pm |
    • Smartie

BRONIES UNITE!

May 29, 2012 at 10:39 pm |
      • Dusty King

Bronies? Losers….. If you guys think this guy is kewl … that is pretty damn sad.

May 30, 2012 at 12:06 am |
        • Mike

arent you just the biggest pile of mush! go peel your carrots in your silent solitude and dont come out.

May 30, 2012 at 12:32 am |
    • Kat Kinsman

For the record, Eatocracy is Pro Bronies & we will totes wrassle Bourdain over the issue of pony-eating. Unicorns, however...sorry, Twilight Sparkle. You are too wonderfully delicious to live.

May 29, 2012 at 10:54 pm |
    • citrusrain

He called a dish "Rainbow Dash". Big deal.
      You never read the infamous Cupcakes fic? You know... The one where Pinkie Pie harvests RD's organs to use as cupcake ingredients...?
      It's perfectly acceptable to name a dish after a character.

May 31, 2012 at 2:02 pm |
  38. gdaym8

I have no reservations about this...

May 29, 2012 at 10:35 pm |
  39. Walt

He's an arrogant, self serving, alcoholic egomaniac. CNN can have him.

May 29, 2012 at 10:35 pm |
    • david

It's rather hilarious to see people like you getting so worked up about it. Just don't watch the program, killjoy.

May 29, 2012 at 11:15 pm |
    • Not you

Wow. A self gratifying dose of brainless reasoning. How exactly does someone like you make a valid point without attacking? Ahhh... I reserve a much harsher and very striking attack. Lucky you.

May 29, 2012 at 11:16 pm |
  40. TESF

Welcome to CNN, even that means missing you from Travel Chanel. It is a kind of better-sweet for me, Antony.

May 29, 2012 at 10:28 pm |
  41. Kwanza

strange how food network no longer cooks. It's all competitions now

May 29, 2012 at 10:26 pm |
  42. brody

Well, as soon as he moves to CNN- I'll stop watching him. I hate CNN more than I like Anthony B.

May 29, 2012 at 10:22 pm |
    • MeCO81

Why are you wasting your time on this site then?

May 29, 2012 at 10:32 pm |
    • idiot

yet here you are reading CNN's website. idiot.

May 29, 2012 at 10:34 pm |
    • david

Waaa, waaa. Look at this irrelevant complainer.

May 29, 2012 at 11:16 pm |
  43. truth

If he was atheist, this wouldn't have happened

May 29, 2012 at 10:22 pm |
    • RichardHead

A day of reckoning against trolls that steal other peoples name is coming since school is out. Your Mama wants you to clean the basement and wash your nasty underwear, with your tongue,AzzHat.

May 29, 2012 at 10:48 pm |
  44. Gary

I hear some complain about Tony selling out. Apparently many of you have never read his books. Tony has made no appologies about selling out from day one. There are certain things he will never do for money and if you know Tony you generally know what they are...

May 29, 2012 at 10:17 pm |
  45. John

My condolences to Tony. I hope that this doesn't mean you aren't still with the Food Network.

May 29, 2012 at 9:38 pm |
    • kasey

I'm hoping this is sarcasm, since his show is on the Travel Channel. He's not a Foodnetwork guy, hence the reason he talks smack about anyone that has a show on there.

May 29, 2012 at 10:10 pm |
      • Ken Litko

Food Network and Travel Channel are owned by the same network overlords.

May 29, 2012 at 10:15 pm |
        • Clark Nova

Everyone in America is owned by overlords.

May 30, 2012 at 2:20 am |
      • Smithsdawg

The owners of Food Network bought the travel channel. Really not kidding. Google it. :(

May 29, 2012 at 10:19 pm |
      • miike

i believe he's made appearances on episodes of the next food network star as well

May 30, 2012 at 12:21 am |
  46. BADGUY

Nooooooo! I liked his show on the Travel Channel. CNN...WHY?

May 29, 2012 at 9:35 pm |
    • susan

$ perhaps?

May 29, 2012 at 10:19 pm |
  47. LeighVA

Well, I liked him fine until he doubled down on Paula Deen. Kinda cheesed me off ~ there was no need for it. So I guess I won't be watching him on CNN, either.

May 29, 2012 at 9:30 pm |
    • southernsue

I TOTALLY agree with you, LeighVA. I WAS a big fan of Anthony's for MANY years...I enjoiyed his sarcasm, sense of humor, and the glimpse he gave me of areas of the world I know I never will be able to visit.....BUT when he came out with those comments about Paula Dean, THAT really turned me off. BIG time :(

May 29, 2012 at 10:08 pm |
      • LeighVA

yep.

May 29, 2012 at 10:28 pm |
    • Gayle

I agree. He can mouth off about Paula Dean and the way she cooks but yet this guy smokes and drinks way too much on his tv traveling programs.

May 29, 2012 at 10:11 pm |
      • Chris

He stopped smoking 5 years ago. Watch the show a lot do ya?

May 29, 2012 at 10:23 pm |
    • kasey

Agree with both of you. I loved his show and watched it faithfully until his rant on Paula. And then I read back to other comments he'd made about different people on Food Network. Sour apples, most likely. He lost me as a viewer then. Won't be reading anything he writes (or videos) for CNN, either.

May 29, 2012 at 10:14 pm |
    • Truth

Great for CNN. One of my favorite people in the world.

May 29, 2012 at 10:35 pm |
      • RichardHead

Back in the basement Azzhat,Your Mama is calling.

May 29, 2012 at 10:50 pm |
    • Grow Up People

Gawd. You probably share dentures with your partner, live in a trailer and shop at Walmart, too. He doesn't hate Paula anymore than Trump hates Blowsie O'Donnell. It's all hype to get you to watch their TV shows. Grow up people.

May 30, 2012 at 7:07 am |
  48. rlammbo

It's 2012 goons, not the 1950's. Way to step up CNN. GO TONY!!!!!!

May 29, 2012 at 9:26 pm |
    • 0Patrick)

Tell 'em, baby. Obama and Bourdain in 2012!

May 29, 2012 at 11:50 pm |
  49. mfx3

His act of selling out is now complete.

May 29, 2012 at 9:24 pm |
  50. JackDW

Meh. He jumped the shark when he kissed the rear of that fraud Ted Nugent.

May 29, 2012 at 9:23 pm |
    • Clark Nova

That WAS pretty disgusting and basically unforgivable.

May 30, 2012 at 2:22 am |
1 2 3 4
Pinterest

| Part of

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 7,297 other followers