Coffee klatsch
May 29th, 2012

Pssst! Got a sec to chat?

Posted by:
Filed under: Buzz • Coffee Klatsch

1. RichardHead@The Regs

Any of you guys get to watch The Hatfields and McCoys last night? What did you think?

May 29, 2012 at 2:33 pm | Reply
    • Mary Shannon

DVR'd it but didn't watch yet.

May 29, 2012 at 4:15 pm | Reply
      • RichardHead@Mary Shannon

Sanity at last. I think you'll like it as Cosner threw his own money into it. 4 Paws UP from WD and she is a tuff critic. :))

May 29, 2012 at 4:20 pm | Reply
  2. Jdizzle McHammerpants ♫♫

May 29, 2012 at 1:29 pm | Reply
    • Sir Biddle@Jdizz

I spy a Redskins logo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ok1NwDrPJnY

May 29, 2012 at 2:05 pm | Reply
  3. RichardHead@Kat

Golly, Moderated twice on the Tony Bourdain site. We seem to have a lack of communication here. :))

May 29, 2012 at 1:21 pm | Reply
    • Kat Kinsman

Wait - where? Not on Eatocracy, right?

May 29, 2012 at 2:04 pm | Reply
      • RichardHead@Kat

No M'am...it's on the CNN Press Room site. I didn't cuss or anything.

May 29, 2012 at 2:08 pm | Reply
        • The Sailor

Didn't cuss my foot. You even made me blush!

May 29, 2012 at 2:11 pm |
  4. Mildred

Hello everyone... I apologize for the disappearing act. I was sick then away in Baltimore.

I had my first crab house experience. OMG wonderful and great stress relief!

I have leftover zucchini bread with Chinese Five Spice for the afternoon break...

May 29, 2012 at 12:04 pm | Reply
  5. MicheleG™

Official Howdy Ho to everyone!

Don't know if anyone saw my post Saturday, but never go to Vegas on a big Holiday weekend. The place goes nuts (is it ever "sane?")!

May 29, 2012 at 10:51 am | Reply
  6. Mary Shannon

Hi, everyone. Sounds like everyone had a great weekend and took some time to remember our troops. I saw a movie on Saturday afternoon, took myself to an early dinner out and enjoyed. Sunday I did work around the house in the morning and Dad was over for a bbq in the evening. Yesterday was errands and down time on the deck. Hot, humid but bearable. Now back to work. Blah.

May 29, 2012 at 10:16 am | Reply
  7. DJChilllyPhil, Jukebox King & Cold Stone God

Morning all! Hope everyone had a nice day off.

Back to the grind...bluh

May 29, 2012 at 9:40 am | Reply
  8. JbJingles_sailing through fjords of Sweden

Skol! Ice Bar was wonderful, sailing back to Copenhagen.

May 29, 2012 at 9:25 am | Reply
  9. Sir Biddle

Good morning banana heads!

May 29, 2012 at 8:05 am | Reply
    • RichardHead@SirB

What's UP Knuckle Head? How was the Holiday Weekend?

May 29, 2012 at 8:17 am | Reply
      • Sir Biddle

It was HOT and I mean Africa hot. A little guy in an orange suit just burst into flames the other day.

Overall not bad. Rolling Thunder roared through town which is always nice. Lil Biddle loved seeing all the mortorcycles.

How about you?

May 29, 2012 at 8:32 am | Reply
        • RichardHead@SirB

I caught parts of The Rolling Thunder as they were headed to the Capitol. Read an article on a Flat Bed Driver who loaded his Harley on the front end of the trailer–freight behind it to be unloaded in W.VA and then he rode his bike to the staging area for Rolling Thunder. I think it was his 8 th year for doing this. It's in tribute to a good friend from Vietnam that he lost.
          WD and I did alot of Grilling and laying in the kiddie pool while drinking cold Brewski's and burning our azz's off. For some reason,young kids love Big Trucks,and motorcycles which is not a bad thing.

May 29, 2012 at 8:48 am |
    • Banana Head

I resemble that remark...

May 29, 2012 at 8:36 am | Reply
    • AleeD®@Sir Bid

Well that explains what banana hammocks are for: carrying banana heads!

May 29, 2012 at 12:45 pm | Reply
  10. Truth™

Good morning all. In the office by 5:15. I think that is now my personal record. All I can say is #$&%!ing insomnia.

How is everyone doing today?

May 29, 2012 at 7:17 am | Reply
    • RichardHead

Good Early Morning My Brother.....I'm grilled out--well,till next weekend anyway. My insomnia started around 2:00 a.m. with a 70 pound Black Lab named Lollie jumping up and down on the bed and saying...Wake up Dude...I gotz to go out.
      How did the shooting go on Saturday?

May 29, 2012 at 7:28 am | Reply
      • Truth™@RichHead

Couldn't do it. We had 55+ mph winds, which would play havoc with clays. Nes' week Lucy.

I would love a dog, but between you and Mary, I am quite happy that my young'un does his thing in a box. Much easier that way.

How did the weekend visit go?

May 29, 2012 at 7:33 am | Reply
        • RichardHead@Truth

The wind seemed to help the Rockies knock some Homers outta Coors Field yesterday. Let's play two.....against the Astro's all summer long. Weekend went well when Johnny Law was never called and the Fire Dept drove right on by. Fun and Great food was had by all. What did you do?

May 29, 2012 at 7:42 am |
  11. AleeD®

Thank you for the warm dry thoughts yesterday, Rich. We're in an area that had all the American flags standing at rock solid attention – and not one of them got wet. 0_o Weird, but that's how the Beryl blows. We've got a 60% chance of rain today. We'll see. ;)
    Nice to hear from JB! Glad the Russians recognized your passport! ;)
    Coffee's on. Let's make it a great day!

May 29, 2012 at 7:10 am | Reply
    • RichardHead@AleeD

Need my mask and snorkel? Morning Sista'....So I guess grilling was out of the question yesterday? Bummer.......I look like a red Lobster,but on the bright side,I still have brewski's left over. YAY !!

May 29, 2012 at 7:33 am | Reply
      • AleeD®@RichHd

Mornin' Bro! I wouldn't hold my breath, or your dive gear, 'til you see the rain actually hit the pavement. Toopid weather pre-d!ck-tors. Grilling was a really bad idea 'round here lessen you had a good windbreak. In fact, the 'necks that usually go crazy with the fireworks on these holidays hardly popped off 6 of em Sunday nite. Guess they're smarter than the banjos would lead one to believe.

I have some drawn butter to go with your lobster-itis. Keep applying the ice cold brewskis topically until the time is ripe. Then apply internally.

May 29, 2012 at 7:49 am | Reply
        • MicheleG™

From a Cooking Toddler here: What is "drawn butter?"

(To me it is a substance that is either solid or liquid.....how does one "DRAW" it? And why?)

May 29, 2012 at 10:48 am |
        • AleeD®@MicG™

Being a mechanical designer and a card-carrying smartazz, my first instinct is to draw a picture of butter for you, but that wouldn't answer your question now, would it? ;))))))

I hope some of what's on this site helps to "clarify" it for your toddler. ;))))

May 29, 2012 at 12:43 pm |
        • MicheleG™

A Clarified Thank you!

May 29, 2012 at 1:08 pm |
  12. Caroline

Morning world,how was everyones weekend? Hotter than hades here in pa...got sick as a dog from heat. Anyways,on a lighter note, hubby,a vietnam vet, got spoiled rotten,i braved the 100 degree sun,n made him steaks,while he basked in the ac watchin war movies,blah. Thank god for kindle or i would have been bored senseless. Coffee is brewed so time for a quick mug before his lordship arises,got lots of running to do today

May 29, 2012 at 6:33 am | Reply
  13. TX4UREXKARLENE

Morning everyone :) what a long weekend .... I'm not as young anymore – at work now . I emailed Jerv no response , yet :( hope bf sells his house he's tired of driving constantly (Yaaaahhh;)

May 29, 2012 at 5:05 am | Reply
    • RichardHead@TX4U

Thanks for trying Jerv...Maybe he will answer. Glad you got some well needed R & R over the weekend.

May 29, 2012 at 7:51 am | Reply
    • TX4UREXKARLENE

I need to rest from over enjoying myself – work is the perfect cure for that :-/

May 29, 2012 at 9:55 am | Reply