Coffee klatsch
May 17th, 2012

Pssst! Got a sec to chat?

Posted by:
Filed under: Buzz • Coffee Klatsch

1. Mary Shannon

Just got back from the flower nursery and brought home wayyyy too many flowers. I'll be filling up baskets and plant boxes to put everywhere.

May 17, 2012 at 1:23 pm |
  2. Truth™

How nice is this...?
    One of my tenants is a Korean couple who runs the cafe upstairs, and just brought down bulgogi for the management staff. This place smells awesome!

May 17, 2012 at 12:55 pm |
    • MicheleG™

Your quality of life sounds superb!

May 17, 2012 at 1:23 pm |
    • Mary Shannon

What is it?

May 17, 2012 at 1:24 pm |
    • Sir Biddle

Kimchi too!?!?!? If so, I'm very jealous!

May 17, 2012 at 1:43 pm |
    • Truth™@MicheleG, Mary, Biddle

Grilled marinated beef ver rice with Kimchi (pickled cabbage) and salad.

They have a outdoor grill setup outside on the patio. Did a nice job with it.

May 17, 2012 at 1:45 pm |
      • MicheleG™

The fragrance, (FRAGRANCE!...not aroma or other adjective) of an outdoor grill. Ah and wow. THE cheapest and MOST effective advertising on the planet.

May 17, 2012 at 1:51 pm |
        • Truth™@MicheleG

I just went up to take pictures, and ha already has a line. He's charging $6.99 per person, so i think he will be making a killing. Nice of him to comp the landlord as well.

May 17, 2012 at 2:04 pm |
  3. Mildred

Hello everyone. I have baking to do and red hair to do it in (I got my hair colored last night... and the artificial intelligence jokes have already started among my friends. I went from strawberry/ash blonde to a red auburn.)

May 17, 2012 at 12:26 pm |
  4. RichardHead

The Queen of Disco–Donna Summer has died at age 62. Guess I should contact Queenie so we can put up the Disco Ball in the Lounge. RIP.

May 17, 2012 at 12:04 pm |
  5. DJChilllyPhil, Jukebox King & Cold Stone God IN PAIN

Morning everyone!

For the past couple of days, I've been fighting this pain in my foot that seems to be brought on when I bend my big toe or when I step on my foot in certain ways. Last night I decide to try to figure out what this is and logged onto WebMD for some sort of advice.

Apparently, from the information I put in, it suggest I've picked up what is commonly referred to as TURF TOE. It's most commonly an athletic injury, so I have no idea how I bent my toe out of shape in the past couple of days. One thing I know for sure is that I don't know how I can treat it well enough when I'm so swamped with work and school-related stuff...

May 17, 2012 at 9:37 am |
    • RichardHead@DJCP

Astro Turf Toe? Try not to wear socks and shoes...maybe sandals or flip flops if you can. Walk barefoot at home and soak it in epsom salts.

May 17, 2012 at 9:44 am |
    • AleeD®@DJ eatin' my Pastelitos

Have you ever dealt with Epsom salts? If you're moving around too much to soak your toe at work, please try to soak it at home. You can pick it up at CVS or Walgreen's. Directions are on the box ... too bad that doesn't apply to women.

May 17, 2012 at 9:49 am |
      • Sir Biddle@AleeD

You soak your feet? Didn't expect that visual this morning.

May 17, 2012 at 11:25 am |
      • AleeD®@Sir Bid

Wearing black patent stilettos has a price we all must pay. ;)

May 17, 2012 at 11:47 am |
    • MicheleG™

"Turf Toe?" You have my sympathies but this requires SOME kind of word play. Too good to pass up!

Anyone up for the challenge? Do we have some random creativity lurking? Turf Toe, Tuff Toe, Tippy Two Toes, .....

May 17, 2012 at 10:11 am |
      • Mary Shannon@Truth

Twinkle Toes

May 17, 2012 at 10:33 am |
        • MicheleG™

Nice. Goody Two Toes......er, Shoes.

May 17, 2012 at 11:41 am |
      • Mary Shannon

Sorry, meant to reply to MicheleG.

May 17, 2012 at 10:34 am |
      • AleeD®@MicG's Alliteration Challenge™

Turf Tales
        Turf Tails
        Tiny Toes
        Tiny Talons
        Twin T!tties ...
        ... Hmm, that's enough trouble for now.

May 17, 2012 at 11:51 am |
        • Bullwinkle

What about a moose knuckle?

May 17, 2012 at 12:03 pm |
  6. Mary Shannon

Good morning everyone! Beautiful morning here in NY, skies are blue, breeze is blowing and temps should be in the 70's. Perfect day as far as I'm concerned. And, no meetings scheduled for me making it even better!!! Looks like everyone else is having a great morning, too.

May 17, 2012 at 9:22 am |
  7. MicheleG™

Wonder if the dog will drink the coffee?

GOOOOOOOOD Morning!

May 17, 2012 at 9:21 am |
    • Mary Shannon

Mine would, and does every chance she gets. She's also partial to chardonnay.

May 17, 2012 at 9:22 am |
    • AleeD®@MicG™

Dear God Almighty. That's exactly what a Jack Russel needs: caffeine. How've you been, Mi'lady?

May 17, 2012 at 9:28 am |
      • Mary Shannon

I also replied but my comment is being held hostage by the modbotz. I can't figure out which word did it, though. Are wine varietals banned too? I used one in my comment, starts with a c and ends with a y and is light colored.

May 17, 2012 at 9:34 am |
        • AleeD®@Mary

Candy?
          Carny?
          Cun ... never mind.

May 17, 2012 at 9:44 am |
      • MicheleG™

Hi ho! Been WAY "good."

I don't know how other states handle it but for my annual vehicle registration (California) I had to have it "Smog checked." I was dreading it because I just KNEW it would flunk and I'd have to pay a bazillion dollars for a required repair....but it PASSED! It Passed, it Passed, it Passed! (and it's an elderly '97)

So I'm in Party Mode today!

May 17, 2012 at 10:08 am |
    • Mildred

I don't know... the sugar high alone from the danish should be fun...

May 17, 2012 at 12:27 pm |
      • MicheleG™

Hadn't thought of the sugar thing. A new dog breed: Bounce Off the Walls Terrier.

May 17, 2012 at 12:32 pm |
  8. Sir Biddle

Morning Crew

Truuth – What's going on in the Denver skies?

May 17, 2012 at 8:21 am |
    • Truth™@Biddle

Well, name it...We had an unidentified object blow past an aircraft two nights ago. Media reports are sketchy, blaming it on a remote controlled aircraft. We also had Blackhawks in town yesterday doing a training exercise with the Feds. Never a dull moment lately.

May 17, 2012 at 8:37 am |
      • RichardHead@Truth

Sounds like the UFO sighting is a case for Fact or Faked Paranormal. They have a couple Hotties on that show.

May 17, 2012 at 8:45 am |
      • Mary Shannon

Remember when we had the UFO at home in the 70's?

May 17, 2012 at 9:23 am |
        • Truth™@Mary

I remember. Dad was absolutely rapt.

How are the young'uns doing today?

May 17, 2012 at 9:34 am |
        • Mary Shannon

Furries are good, I've decided we are dropping out of puppy school after last week's debacle. The instructor scared N so badly she only wanted to hide with her tail between her legs. The instructor also keeps making snide comments and telling the other dogs not to be a N. Nice, huh? How's Super Kitty?

May 17, 2012 at 10:12 am |
        • Truth™@Mary

SK is good, but was bummed last night, as the down comforter is no longer needed. Supposed to hit 80 today, so nights don't need too much warmth. That comforter is his favorite thing on all Earth.

Have you seen "Marley & Me"...Sounds like N took a cue from Marley in the obedience school scene...

May 17, 2012 at 10:15 am |
        • Mary Shannon@Truth

I think she's just too young. I thought 9-10 months would be a good age, but she has the attention span of a gnat and when she gets bored waiting for the other dogs to perform I lose her attention. Oh well, we tried. Does SK have a kitty bed?

May 17, 2012 at 10:24 am |
        • Truth™@Mary

He does, and I think I will move it downstairs, so maybe he will even use the danged thing. He seems to prefer the couch.

May 17, 2012 at 10:58 am |
        • MicheleG™

I quote Maxine: Judging by the hair on the furniture, I'm surprised I have any cat left at all.

May 17, 2012 at 1:22 pm |
      • Sir Biddle

I'll bet its a UAV that your police force or other military training program was using but didn't want the public to know.

May 17, 2012 at 9:28 am |
  9. Truth™

Good morniing all!

Warm and sunny today in Denver. Should be nice.

How is everyone doing today?

May 17, 2012 at 8:21 am |
    • RichardHead@Truth & SirB

Morning Bro's...Beautiful day in Katy. WD and I are relaxing on the porch with coffee and apple fritters. Looks like downtown Houston may have some excitement later as a group march against the HPD concerning a Not Guilty verdict for one of it's officers in a beating trial of a burglary suspect. I foresee a few problems ahead. So what's happening in MHC and DC?

May 17, 2012 at 8:40 am |
      • Sir Biddle@RH

Not too much going on here. The same old silliness that will only get worse considering its an election year. Doing a mud-run this weekend. First one I've done. Check with me Monday and see if its my last. http://www.warriordash.com

May 17, 2012 at 9:30 am |
        • RichardHead@SirB

Is TWO gonna be in this one? You guys could make mud pies together.

May 17, 2012 at 9:38 am |
        • Sir Biddle@RH&TWO

Good point. Not sure if he is doing this one, but he has been AWOL from here for quite some time.

TWO?.....TWO?....TWO?!!!!!!

May 17, 2012 at 10:30 am |
        • The Witty One@Sir Biddle the Warrior

Three, three three?

May 17, 2012 at 10:48 am |
        • The Witty One@Sir Biddle the Warrior

I can't run the one this weekend but boy did I want to! Sorry for the absence everyone...work is crazy and have to focus on the j-o-b for a while :(

May 17, 2012 at 10:49 am |
        • Sir Biddle@TWO

The 12 mile Tough Mudder in late summer is ALLLLLLL yours! There is a Zombie 5K around Halloween that looks interesting. http://runforyourlives.com/baltimore-md-2012/

May 17, 2012 at 10:53 am |
        • MicheleG™

Bueller? Bueller? Bueller?

May 17, 2012 at 11:43 am |
        • MicheleG™

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4zyjLyBp64&w=640&h=390]

May 17, 2012 at 11:44 am |
  10. AleeD®

Whew! A break from the insanity.
    Good morning Happy Klatschers! I brought in Kona coffee & guava Pastelitos (nodding to DJ). Have a fabulous Thursday!

May 17, 2012 at 7:06 am |
    • RichardHead

Morning Sista'.......Hmmm–Hawaiian coffee and Cuban Little Pies for breakfast? Ahhh,what the hell,I'll give it a shot. Thanks. Soooo,has Truth's patience training helped you out with your new teachers job at work?

May 17, 2012 at 8:00 am |
    • AleeD®@RichHead

Absolument! It's even more of a challenge with him because he's not just new to us, this is his first career position. ;) I'm giving him lots of reference material and telling him to "make it look like this one" – for now.

Speaking of teaching, maybe you could convince WD to teach Jerv's Jack to stop bogartin' breakfast.

May 17, 2012 at 9:26 am |
      • RichardHead@AleeD

WD already taught him to pick the good stuff first. You might think of your new guy as G.W. Bush Jr...give him alot of books with pictures. It should keep him entertained for hours.

May 17, 2012 at 9:35 am |
    • DJChilllyPhil, Jukebox King & Cold Stone God@AleeD

Ha HAR! This morning is better already! OM NOM NOM

May 17, 2012 at 9:33 am |
Pinterest

| Part of

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 7,054 other followers