National eat what you want day
May 11th, 2012

While you're frying up some eggs and bacon, we're cooking up something else: a way to celebrate today's food holiday.

You can have whatever you like - May 11 is National Eat What You Want Day!

Maybe you've been on a restrictive diet and you're ready for that one, luscious treat you can't stop craving. Or, maybe you just can't make up your mind because of the overwhelming tasty choices. No matter your food dilemma, today is for you to celebrate your favorite flavors.

If you're incredibly indecisive, visiting a buffet, or setting up one in your own home, is a fun way to explore the boundaries of your taste buds. After all, pretty much any buffet is all-you-can-eat, which goes pretty well with today's theme.

So by all means, treat yourself today and have what you truly want. Tell us your favorites and what you'll be having today in the comments below, and don't forget to toast to your taste today.

« Previous entry
  1. cleos steakhouse

Someone essentially help to make critically articles I'd state. That is the first time I frequented your website page and so far? I surprised with the analysis you made to create this actual submit extraordinary. Magnificent process!

May 16, 2012 at 8:55 pm |
  2. GiGi Eats Celebrities

Darn it! I missed EAT WHAT YOU WANT DAY... Wait a second, that's every day for me, NEVER MIND – I am good! LOL!

May 12, 2012 at 8:19 pm |
    • Anne Eurism

Geezus, Rich was right. You are an idiot. Calm down lady.

May 14, 2012 at 7:06 am |
  3. ferrara

I waaaaant chopped liver, bermuda onion, & hard-boiled eggs on a pumpernickel bagel. Unfortunately, I can't get this today - how do we find out about these food-holidays in advance?!

May 11, 2012 at 7:26 pm |
  4. Organizing Dinner

I just left Panda Express where I ordered "light", then I read this. A near miss from a fried food feeding frenzy.

May 11, 2012 at 4:38 pm |
  5. PYC

I choose DIM SUM today!

May 11, 2012 at 1:54 pm |
    • Jdizzle McHammerpants ♫♫

Don't forget the Cream of Sumyungai

May 11, 2012 at 3:41 pm |
  6. Stavros Mastrogiannis

If you learn to pay attention to your body, you can eat anything you want all the time, and that is a fact. There is no such thing as a fattening food or nonfattening food. The key is to learn to eat only when you are hungry. Back in October of 2011 I did an experiment. I ate cheeseburgers, and french fries for two months from fast food restaurants and I was able to lose weight and lower my cholesterol, although I was not trying to lose weight, by simply listening to my body. I describe the whole experiment in my book "Eat It All By Eating Right"

May 11, 2012 at 12:48 pm |
    • grits

Everyday is eat what you want day for me, and that's how I roll.

May 13, 2012 at 6:25 am |
  7. pk

I choose to eat whatever I want any day.....

May 11, 2012 at 12:23 pm |
    • Brat

I agree. This whole thing sounds stupid. I am the boss of me, not Michelle Obama or the food police.

May 12, 2012 at 12:20 am |
      • Knock

Way to su ck the fun out of a thread, there, Brat.

May 14, 2012 at 7:07 am |
  8. Alison

I am going to have eggplant parm, penne alla vodka, sauteed brocolli rabe, potato croquettes, chile rellenos, mofongo, a burrito, a bagel, mashed potatoes, a dorito taco from Taco Bell, a Big Mac, a Mozzarella and Red Pepper Panini, a banana split, a box of girl scout samoa cookies, a crunchy chicken snack wrap, a roast beef hero with lettuce, tomato and mayo, a plate of baked clams, some bacon wrapped asparagus, a bacon egg and cheese sandwich on toasted whole wheat, some yellow rice and beans, chicken rollatini, a bag of spicy doritos, an angus beef cheeseburger with bacon and cheddar, a spicy tuna roll with a side of edamame, a plate of pad thai with some curried chicken puffs on the side, a cup o'noodles, a nice filet mignon with caramelized onions and mushrooms on top, some bruchetta on toasted garlic baquette, a bowl of guacamole with chipotle flavored corn chips, a huge bowl of spaghetti and meatballs, stuffed peppers, shrimp with brocolli and an egg roll, and a DIET coke of course, because I don't want to come off as a fat ass!

May 11, 2012 at 12:04 pm |
    • Jdizzle McHammerpants ♫♫

Don't forget to stock up on toilet paper before hand.

May 11, 2012 at 3:42 pm |
    • RV

My mom and I are laughing so hard that we cannot breathe. We are crying. This is the best comment on any news story ever. Thanks.

May 14, 2012 at 1:53 am |
  9. AleeD®

If only ... ~_~

May 11, 2012 at 10:20 am |
  10. Jdizzle McHammerpants ♫♫

I choose to eat any lunch I find in the break room today.

May 11, 2012 at 10:17 am |
« Previous entry
Pinterest

| Part of

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 6,987 other followers