Coffee klatsch
May 11th, 2012

Pssst! Got a sec to chat?

Posted by:
Filed under: Buzz • Coffee Klatsch

1. JBJingles_from the casa

Good morning Weekend Warriors! Homemade corned beef sandwhich for breakfast courtesy of hubs, yummy. Have to go back to airport today to pick up my suitcase that didn't arrive with me yesterday, so we are stopping at Tony P's Dockside Grill in Marina Del Rey for lunch! :)

May 12, 2012 at 10:16 am | Reply
  2. RichardHead @ ALL

I would be remiss if I failed to say......HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY to ALL of our Beautiful Ladies on the Klatsch...Yes, Even Queenie.:)

May 11, 2012 at 2:35 pm | Reply
    • JBJingles_from the casa@RH

Thank you kind sir!

May 12, 2012 at 10:16 am | Reply
      • RichardHead

Morning and your Welcome. :))

May 12, 2012 at 11:10 am | Reply
  3. JainaJade

The timing of the wedding article is rather entertaining seeing as how I was just going thru that this time last month...and the month before...and the month before that. Bottom line: do what you can to make everyone happy but in the end it is the couple's special day.

May 11, 2012 at 1:51 pm | Reply
  4. Anomic Office Drone

Any SoCal people here? I was hoping to exchange the names of a few good restaurants.

May 11, 2012 at 1:37 pm | Reply
    • RichardHead @ MicheleG & JBJ

Maybe you two Ladies can help AOD out. I was gonna recommend Wienerschnitzel,but they may want something with a little Higher Class.

May 11, 2012 at 2:08 pm | Reply
  5. Sir Biddle

The writter of the IReport: Swimming Pool Gardening post is responding to the comments individually. Bless her heart.

May 11, 2012 at 12:03 pm | Reply
    • AleeD®

Bless her heart indeed. I hope she stopped due to the futility of trying to straighten out angry trolls. They are bent by nature. ;)

How's tings with you today? Been a bit busy myself.

May 11, 2012 at 12:10 pm | Reply
      • Sir Biddle@AD

Busy day here myself, but glad its Friday!

May 11, 2012 at 2:26 pm | Reply
        • AleeD®@Sir Biddle

Ayyyyyymen. Does Dame Biddle read us here? Can you tell what are you & Jesse Owens doing for her on Sunday?

May 11, 2012 at 2:40 pm |
        • Sir Biddle@AD

Highly doubt she reads the Klatch.

Picinic brunch and a homemade card from Lil Bid.

We both hate Hallmark Holidays, but my bum would be in the ringer if I didn't recongnise this one.

May 11, 2012 at 2:44 pm |
        • AleeD®@Sir Biddle

*bows* :) Thank you for picking up on the English reference.
          I'm not a fan either, but I can't break hubby of the Hallmark sentiments. So I play along. No harm, no foul.
          Sounds like it will be a lovely mommie's day. Do enjoy.

May 11, 2012 at 3:05 pm |
  6. Mildred

Hello everyone! Any good plans for the weekend?

May 11, 2012 at 11:57 am | Reply
    • AleeD®

Hey Mil! I'm going shopping with a friend tomorrow and I'm thinking about sleeping away the entire day on Sunday (rough week). Do you have any plans?

May 11, 2012 at 12:55 pm | Reply
    • Anomic Office Drone

I'm taking my cousin on a tour of San Diego tomorrow, and I'm making a nice lunch for my mom on Sunday for Mother's Day. What's everyone else doing?

May 11, 2012 at 1:36 pm | Reply
    • JainaJade@Mildred

Gardening, bike bide, and early-Mothers Day BBQ tomorrow night with my family. Then the zoo on Sunday with a bunch of friends followed by probably another bike ride :-)

May 11, 2012 at 2:28 pm | Reply
  7. Sir Biddle

Morning Crew!

May 11, 2012 at 11:14 am | Reply
    • The Witty One@Sir Biddle the Warrior

You ready for your fun run next week?

May 11, 2012 at 1:02 pm | Reply
  8. Mary Shannon

Good morning, all. Furry 2 was very stubborn at puppy school last night and wouldn't do anything the instructor told her to do. Of course, when the instructor was busy with the other dogs, she was a nice, well=behaved puppy, just chilling out. At one point, she laid down on her side and stretched out her legs, the picture of relaxation. Arrgghh.

May 11, 2012 at 9:14 am | Reply
  9. JainaJade

Good morning and Happy Friday! I'm looking forward to getting my garden in the ground this weekend, as well as a trip to the National Zoo :-)

May 11, 2012 at 9:13 am | Reply
  10. The Witty One

Top of the morning folks! Back from lovely NJ..what did I miss this week?

May 11, 2012 at 9:07 am | Reply
    • AleeD®

How do you feel about tipping?

May 11, 2012 at 9:32 am | Reply
      • Mary Shannon

That thread sure got a lot of comments. I'm on the fence, I think servers should be compensated for their time the same as other workers, and if they go above and beyond, then a tip is appropriate. I've also been to countries where the tip is added to the bill automatically and it certainly is easier.

May 11, 2012 at 9:41 am | Reply
        • AleeD®

Iknowright? When I left last nite, there were 400-something comments. This morning there were over 600. What a polarizing topic. ;) In the other countries you've visited, did you have options if the tip wasn't earned?

I love that restaurants are starting to use software that automatically prints a 10, 15 & 20% tip option on your bill. I don't usually need help with math, but I know those who do.

May 11, 2012 at 10:09 am |
      • The Witty One@AleeD

Oh boy...not another tipping thread! Those are almost as heated as the Vegan or Horse threads :)

My base tip is 20%. I've worked for tips before and even if I get bad service, the other person still has to pay their rent. Sometimes people just have a bad day. If they are consistantly poor at their job, they will get fired and that isn't my problem.

May 11, 2012 at 12:59 pm | Reply
        • AleeD®@TWO & QOD

Yup. Another tipping thread and all that it entrails. :)
          Lessee, topics that will light up a thread:
          Tipping/restaurant service
          Eating pets or cuddly animals
          Vegan anything

What else?

May 11, 2012 at 3:09 pm |
  11. JbJingles_SRQ

good morning! it's early... TGIF

May 11, 2012 at 6:31 am | Reply
    • RichardHead

Morning Dizzy.....seat belt on when flying over Texas...Big Storms and lightning.

May 11, 2012 at 6:38 am | Reply
    • AleeD®

G'morning folks. I'll start the coffee if y'all want to start digging into the homemade egg, sausage & biscuit sandwiches I brought in. Cheese or no cheese?

What time's your flight, Mrs. Jingles?

May 11, 2012 at 6:44 am | Reply
      • RichardHead

Morning Sista'--cheese and butter for me please and Thank You.

May 11, 2012 at 6:52 am | Reply