Coffee klatsch
April 12th, 2012

Pssst! Got a sec to chat?

Posted by:
Filed under: Buzz • Coffee Klatsch

1. JBJingles_from the casa@All

Hubs bought a quart of buttermilk with an exp date on the 14th...now I need ideas on what to make with it. Any suggestions??

April 12, 2012 at 4:07 pm |
    • AleeD from Home Sweet Home®

Biscuits to go with that gravy from earlier today.
      Pancakes.

Pineapple smoothies:

Check out supercook.com. It's awesome. Just enter ingredients you already have and it finds recipes for you.

April 12, 2012 at 4:15 pm |
      • JBJingles_from the casa@AleeD

Thanks, I'll do that. I have fresh broccoli, but not sure about buttermilk with that...onions, oooh buttermilk battered onion rings?

April 12, 2012 at 4:18 pm |
        • AleeD from Home Sweet Home®

If you have the right fryer to do onion rings, couldn't you also do some buttermilk battered broccoli, too?

April 12, 2012 at 4:33 pm |
        • JBJingles_from the casa@AleeD

no fryer, just a wok....beer battered broccoli sounds better, just sayin'

April 12, 2012 at 4:54 pm |
        • AleeD from Home Sweet Home®

No bout a doubt it. Just trying to help use up the b-milk. Love QOE's fried chicken idea even better.

April 12, 2012 at 5:15 pm |
        • JBJingles_from the casa@QoE, AleeD & RH

QoE – I actually had him get it to try a new baked "fried" chicken recipe from Bobby Deen (makeover kind), with panko, egg white, seasoning...someone at work tried it and said it was great! I hate frying, too much mess.

AleeD – Yeppers, nothing wrong with beer + onions + hot oil.

RH – I keep telling your Odie is on a diet, he just doesn't know it....

Thanks guys!

April 12, 2012 at 5:33 pm |
        • Kat Kinsman

Why yes, "Charlie" - I did mod one of your responses just now. Sorry, but it made me squeamish.

April 12, 2012 at 6:05 pm |
    • Queen of Everything@JBJ

You could do buttermilk fried chicken. You marinate the chicken in some buttermilk and spices before you fry it. Yum!

April 12, 2012 at 5:02 pm |
    • RichardHead

Just give it to Odie....He looks thirsty. Problem solved.

April 12, 2012 at 5:14 pm |
  2. JBJingles_from the casa

Anyone tried fried coc_k_erel?

Lonely Planet review for Orangeriet

Enchantingly set in a vintage orangery in Kongens Have, Orangeriet is one of Copenhagen’s newest dining darlings. At the helm is award-winning chef Jasper Kure, whose mod-twist Scandi creations focus on simple flavours and top-notch seasonal produce. Savour the brilliance in dishes such as fried coc*kerel with thyme, grilled charlotte onions, creamy cauliflower, peas and smoked lard, or rhubarb trifle with macaroons, cherry liqueur, vanilla and yoghurt sorbet. Knowledgeable staff, an al fresco summertime terrace, and good-value set menus (three courses for 335kr) make this a must for midrange gourmands and true romantics.

Read more: http://www.lonelyplanet.com/denmark/copenhagen/restaurants/danish/orangeriet#ixzz1rr6vQBbH

April 12, 2012 at 3:22 pm |
    • JBJingles_from the casa

No takers on this one, huh?

I just saw the smoked lard tho...not sure about that one, but the rhubarb trifle with macaroons sounds devine!

And yes, I'm talking to myself, so what?

April 12, 2012 at 5:57 pm |
      • RichardHead@JBJ

Your getting feisty so you must be feeling better. :))

April 12, 2012 at 6:27 pm |
        • JBJingles_from the casa@RH

Yeppers. Doc switched me to dramanine and much less dizzy, go figure!! I'll take it though. :D

Is is beer o'clock yet??

April 12, 2012 at 6:46 pm |
        • RichardHead@JBJ

For you it is..I have to wait till tomorrow. Dallas calls later tonite. Enjoy the evening.

April 12, 2012 at 6:51 pm |
        • The Beer Fairy Grants You ....

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTxINWXNrPA&w=640&h=390]

April 12, 2012 at 6:55 pm |
        • JBJingles_from the casa@Beer Fairy

I resemble that picture, unfortunately....

April 12, 2012 at 7:11 pm |
  3. Mildred

Hello... sorry I'm late... I was in my Weight Watcher meeting...

April 12, 2012 at 1:20 pm |
    • Jdizzle McHammerpants ♫♫

See anything unusual?

April 12, 2012 at 2:10 pm |
  4. Sir Biddle

Where is everyone? Jdizz, we need your old humor of kicking thing up!

April 12, 2012 at 1:03 pm |
    • DJChilllyPhil, Jukebox King & Cold Stone God@SirB, JUKEBOX

Well, let me try something here...

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jY8wyKuLY2k&w=640&h=390]

April 12, 2012 at 1:16 pm |
      • Sir Biddle

Video not embeded/disabled. I like the song though! Good call.

April 12, 2012 at 1:34 pm |
    • Jdizzle McHammerpants ♫♫

There's always the classic "Why did the frog cross the road?"

"Cause he was stapled to the chicken" joke to keep in your thoughts in times like these.

April 12, 2012 at 2:13 pm |
  5. Jdizzle McHammerpants ♫♫ @ Truth

Talking to yourself over on grilled cheese thread? ;)

April 12, 2012 at 11:14 am |
    • ??

Someone was incognito this morning.

April 12, 2012 at 11:18 am |
      • Spirit of Truth™

Nah. Who would do something like that?

April 12, 2012 at 1:08 pm |
  6. JainaJade

Good morning! bright and windy here...hoping it starts to warm up shortly so that i don't freeze next weekend!

April 12, 2012 at 10:47 am |
  7. DJChilllyPhil, Jukebox King & Cold Stone God

Good morning people! For some reason I'm feeling really energetic right now even though I went to sleep pretty late last night. That's what I get when I put off updating my computer to the last minute...

Anyway, how is everyone doing?

April 12, 2012 at 9:34 am |
    • JainaJade@DJChilly

'ello! Happy it's Thursday but wishing it was next Thursday tho I still have so much to do that maybe it should be wishing it was last Thursday...
      Yet the sun is shining, my strawberries are starting to show signs of life, so all is good in the world :-D

April 12, 2012 at 11:27 am |
      • DJChilllyPhil, Jukebox King & Cold Stone God@JainaJade

Strawberries, huh? That reminds me...

After the concert on Tuesday, we went out to eat at the newly opened Red Robin down by one of the many malls we have down here. I've never been to this place before, so it was sure to be a fun experience.

One of the things I took away from it (in spades) is the wondrous beverage they call a Freckled Lemonade, which is basically some lemonade with some strawberries and strawberry syrup mixed in. I must have drank at least 8 of them by the end of the night. Luckily they fall under the "Bottomless" category of drinks there AKA free refills! The server even gave me one in a to-go cup just before we paid the check and left!

Needless to say, there are more visits in the near future, especially with this rewards card they gave me...

April 12, 2012 at 12:12 pm |
      • JainaJade@DJChilly

I'm allergic to lemons so haven't tried the drink. However I'm a big fan of their bottomless fries with honey mustard sauce. so not healthy but oh so yummy!
        my strawberries are destined for scones, muffins, and jams...if the furry critters stay away from them!

April 12, 2012 at 12:21 pm |
        • DJChilllyPhil, Jukebox King & Cold Stone God@JainaJade

Honey mustard sauce, eh? That would be heaven for my brother. LOVES the stuff.

April 12, 2012 at 1:15 pm |
  8. Queen of Everything

Guten Tag! I'm listening to the Neon Trees this morning and *slightly* jealous that my brother is going to see them on Monday at the Bowery Ballroom.

April 12, 2012 at 9:07 am |
    • JBJingles_from the casa@QoE

Good morning my Queen! Hey, do you have any experience with solu medrol??

April 12, 2012 at 9:10 am |
      • Queen of Everything@JBJ

Not any personal experience but I've given it to patients a bazillion times. What's going on?

April 12, 2012 at 9:14 am |
        • JBJingles_from the casa@QoE

had 6 days of it (1,000 mg a day), on a taper now, and still not able to sleep more than 4 hrs a night...just wondering when it will be out of the system....

April 12, 2012 at 9:37 am |
        • Queen of Everything@JBJ

Generally corticosteroid clearance occurs within 24 hours of the dose. However the side effects of them are completely independent of the dosage so as long as you're taking Solu-Medrol, you'll have side effects.

April 12, 2012 at 9:49 am |
        • JBJingles_from the casa@QoE

Thank you! I have one last pill to take tomorrow, so hopefully I will return to normal sleep patterns, hubs and Odie are not amused by my late night/all night/early morning escapades! :)

April 12, 2012 at 9:57 am |
  9. JBJingles_from the casa

Anyone have a spare slab of bacon? Looks like we ran out...

April 12, 2012 at 8:05 am |
    • RichardHead@JBJ

Regular,Thick cut,Country Style,Smoked or Canadian?

April 12, 2012 at 8:09 am |
      • JBJingles_from the casa@RH

Applewood smoked, thick cut please and thank you. Oh and some country gravy and biscuits too?

April 12, 2012 at 8:25 am |
        • RichardHead

Here we go again.....
          Gravy-Regular or Sausage Gravy...With or Without fresh cracked Black Pepper?
          Biscuits–Buttermilk,Flakey,Honey Butter topped,Large or Small?

April 12, 2012 at 8:46 am |
        • JBJingles_from the casa@RH

Gravy, regular, cracked pepper yes, biscuits buttermilk, thankyouverymuch

April 12, 2012 at 9:44 am |
  10. RichardHead

Good Morning All, Glad to see JBJ is Back. Almost the Weekend–Whoooop-Eeeee.

April 12, 2012 at 8:01 am |
    • JBJingles_from the casa@RH

Glad to be back amongst the living... :D

April 12, 2012 at 8:37 am |
  11. JBJingles_from the casa

Good morning all! I finally slept in, yippee! It's been the longest week of my life... Coffee is ready.

April 12, 2012 at 7:07 am |
    • Rip Van Winkle

Your snoring woke me up...Thanks for the coffee.

April 12, 2012 at 7:28 am |
      • JBJingles_from the casa@rvw

Excuse me, but ladies don't snore, cats yes, ladies no....

April 12, 2012 at 7:49 am |
        • Rip Van Winkle

Dogs too,even the Ladies.

April 12, 2012 at 7:55 am |
        • Sir Biddle@JBJ

Ladies DO snore, that's the one symptom of my wife being pregnant that is making me lose mucho sleep.

Morning Crew!

April 12, 2012 at 8:11 am |
        • JBJingles_from the casa@SirB

It's the baby's fault, just sayin'.

April 12, 2012 at 8:27 am |
  12. danielscheffler

Please could you connect me to the Eatocracy editors. I'd love to contribute as a writer. Thanks. Daniel

April 12, 2012 at 5:49 am |
    • Kat Kinsman

Hi Daniel,

Thanks so much, but everything is done in-house. Sadly, no freelance budget.

Cheers,

Kat

April 12, 2012 at 8:56 am |
Pinterest

| Part of

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 6,987 other followers