Coffee klatsch
March 27th, 2012

Pssst! Got a sec to chat?

Posted by:
Filed under: Buzz • Coffee Klatsch

1. Professor Trollworth™

And here class, we have the textbook definition of TMI:

Remember, DISCRETION! it is your friend. Know it, learn it, use it!

March 27, 2012 at 2:21 pm | Reply
    • AleeD®

LMAO. That's just .... delightful. Even tho' you warned us, I still love getting caught off-guard like that. Thank you Prof.

March 27, 2012 at 2:27 pm | Reply
    • Queen of Everything

Prime example of "just because everyone else does it, doesn't mean that you have to."

March 27, 2012 at 2:41 pm | Reply
      • Truth™

I have to wonder what kind of wine goes best with...?
        Where's vapor when you need him?

March 27, 2012 at 2:51 pm | Reply
        • MicheleG™

I completely agree and am totally grossed out....erk! yuck, ick.....

March 27, 2012 at 2:53 pm |
        • AleeD®@Truth™

A blood red wine, I'm sure.

March 27, 2012 at 2:59 pm |
        • MicheleG™

and what, er...."cork" would he NEVER sniff?

March 27, 2012 at 3:02 pm |
        • MicheleG™

for AleeD: Sangria

March 27, 2012 at 3:05 pm |
    • Jdizzle McHammerpants ♫♫

Next: our own turds, like dogs.

March 27, 2012 at 3:17 pm | Reply
  2. Breaking News!™

Beef patties are being recalled in Colorado, Washington, Texas and Arizona due to threats of E-Coli contamination:

You may now return to your regularly scheduled blogging.

March 27, 2012 at 2:15 pm | Reply
  3. DJChilllyPhil, Jukebox King & Cold Stone God

Good afternoon, klatsch!

So my workstation decided to kick the bucket last week, so we went out and got a new computer. Finally got it up to speed today, so now I can get back to work at my own desk.

How is everyone else doing? Probably better than that Zimmerman creep's lawyer, which I heard ran away in terror from some TV interview he was supposed to have last night...

March 27, 2012 at 1:36 pm | Reply
    • Jimmy Dean

Got links?

March 27, 2012 at 1:38 pm | Reply
  4. Queen of Everything

Afternoon, friends! Here's a little Tuesday funny, courtesy of a co-worker: The French government announced yesterday that it has raised its terror alert level from "Run" to "Hide." The only two higher levels in France are "Collaborate" and "Surrender." The rise was precipitated by a recent fire that destroyed France 's white flag factory, effectively paralyzing the country's military capability.

March 27, 2012 at 12:19 pm | Reply
    • MicheleG™

Like!Like!Like!Like!

March 27, 2012 at 12:58 pm | Reply
    • Jdizzle McHammerpants ♫♫

TAHA!

March 27, 2012 at 3:18 pm | Reply
  5. Mildred

Hey everyone.

I've been a bit out of it- one of my best friends just had his dad pass away late last week. This weekend was being there for him [just to talk, errands while his family was handling arrangements, going to the wake and funeral with him and his wife (my other best friend)]. I'm a bit exhausted.

I did have about the best peppers and onions ever. The family has friends in the local Greek-owned diner network.

March 27, 2012 at 12:15 pm | Reply
    • AleeD®

So very sorry to hear about your friends father. You're a good friend yourself to be with them in their time of need.
      *pouring* Here. Have some of Truth's coffee. Maybe that'll help get you thru the day.

March 27, 2012 at 12:54 pm | Reply
    • MicheleG™

Agree with AleeD. (((Hugs!))) Have a good friend who s doing more or less the same for her mom.

March 27, 2012 at 1:36 pm | Reply
  6. MicheleG™

Gooooooooooooooooooooood Mooooooooooooooooooooorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrnong Viet Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaammmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(can you tell I've already had too much coffee???)

March 27, 2012 at 12:03 pm | Reply
    • MicheleG™

Weather forecast for tonight: Dark. Continued dark overnight, with widely scattered light by morning.

Courtesy George Carlin

March 27, 2012 at 12:07 pm | Reply
      • AleeD®

That was good! COL (chuckle out loud)

March 27, 2012 at 12:09 pm | Reply
        • MicheleG™

B ) ) <-- (I wear glasses)

March 27, 2012 at 12:17 pm |
  7. ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™aka citizen Jingles

Good morning Los Flamenons! Busy morning so far, but it's good. RH's computer was in the scrapper yesterday so he's incognito for a few days. Where is our Queen of Everything? *waves* to the rest of the crew.

March 27, 2012 at 11:49 am | Reply
    • Queen of Everything@JBJ

Fear not! Your Queen has arrived!

March 27, 2012 at 12:17 pm | Reply
      • ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™aka citizen Jingles

Why thank you my good queen! How did the fishing expedition go??

March 27, 2012 at 12:46 pm | Reply
        • Queen of Everything@JBJ

It was less fishing and more running up and down the fishing pier like wild Indians.

March 27, 2012 at 1:25 pm |
  8. Mary Shannon

Question of the day, probably mostly to the women but maybe some men as well. The past two days all I've heard on the news is a new book "Fifty Shades of Grey". Has anyone read it yet, and is it as bad (yes, read into that) as it is hyped up to be?

March 27, 2012 at 10:11 am | Reply
    • Truth™@Mary Shannon

Actually that book came across my Amazon suggested purchases (who in heck knows why), so I looked at couple of the reviews, and it seems to be somewhat lacking. Apparently a step above "Twilight" lacking. Apparently the main character seems somewhat childish and self centered. I think it somewhat below your intellectual pay grade, so to speak.

March 27, 2012 at 10:40 am | Reply
      • Truth™@Mary

I would ask The Office Narcissist (TON), but being illiterate, I doubt she knows of it.

March 27, 2012 at 12:01 pm | Reply
    • ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™@Mary Shannon

They were talking about this on the radio last week and several callers (women) chimed in and said it can/will/has change(d) your marriage, relationship, etc. in a good way...I guess it's pretty racy/hot/graphic.

March 27, 2012 at 11:44 am | Reply
      • Truth™@JBJ

Dang!
        That is one powerful printed word...Someone I went out with years ago loved reading Nancy Friday for that same reason...

March 27, 2012 at 11:59 am | Reply
        • ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™aka citizen Jingles@Truth & Queen

They went so far as to say the best advice for men is to get it as a gift for your wife, gf, etc. The gift that gives back!

Queen – Definetly fiction, think drug store romance novels on steroids, so I've heard...

March 27, 2012 at 1:00 pm |
      • Queen of Everything@JBJ and Mary Shannon

I've not read it and I'm not really sure if it's fiction or non-fiction but I have heard that it is definitely in the erotica category.

March 27, 2012 at 12:16 pm | Reply
    • AleeD®

I haven't read it, but I've read some write-ups. If I find it in the library, I'll probably peruse it to see if it sparks my interest.

March 27, 2012 at 12:53 pm | Reply
      • Mary Shannon

Yes, getting it at the library crossed my mind, too, but being on the library board that might be a little revealing especially if its as racy as they say :-)

March 27, 2012 at 12:56 pm | Reply
        • AleeD®

You're welcome to borrow my library card. They'll reserve that brand of reading material for the Thread Dominatrix, but *whispering* it can be our little secret.

March 27, 2012 at 1:04 pm |
  9. Sir Biddle

Morning crew

March 27, 2012 at 9:39 am | Reply
    • AleeD®

Good morning to you, too. How's things in your yard? Is Little Biddle keeping you on your toes?

March 27, 2012 at 10:02 am | Reply
  10. Mary Shannon

Good Morning!! To AleeD, sorry about that reality check, but really, aren't they all? I know mine is. To Truth, thanks for the donuts and enjoy your weather, my heat is back on this morning and its 28 degrees. To JJ, sounds like you've got the wedding stuff under control, enjoy, the day goes sooooooo fast.

March 27, 2012 at 9:37 am | Reply
    • AleeD®

They sure are. Some are just a bit harder to cash than others. :) Have you signed up for any more riding lessons yet?

March 27, 2012 at 9:41 am | Reply
  11. JainaJade

Good morning! Wishing I had stopped for coffee this morning, not even 9 and already draggin'

March 27, 2012 at 8:41 am | Reply
    • AleeD®

Good morning! Maybe Truth can set up an IV for you. ;) How are the wedding plans going? You're all ready and are just coasting to the big day, right? ;)

March 27, 2012 at 8:51 am | Reply
      • JainaJade@AleeD

That IV sounds perfect! We are finalizing our musical selections this week...needless to say some more conservative/traditional members of the audience might get a lil shock :-) After that it's just making sure everyone gets paid and that people RSVP! Right now we are sitting right at the minimum required to keep our current price per person. So hopefully if that does change we'll be able to find a person (or two) to fill-in...

March 27, 2012 at 8:57 am | Reply
  12. Truth™

Good morning all!
    Coffee and donuts are served. Looks like a nice spring day ahead in Denver.

What is everyone up to today?

March 27, 2012 at 8:24 am | Reply
    • AleeD®

Good morning, Truth. Thank you for the coffee. Looks like it's going to be a Chamber of Commerce day here as well. How's your paramedic school going? Are you authorized to start our caffeine IV's yet? ;)

So far today, I'm waiting patiently for a comment to be posted after some early-morning moderation exercises. Hopefully only the second of the two will be posted.

March 27, 2012 at 8:33 am | Reply
  13. AleeD®

AleeD®
    Your comment is awaiting moderation.

Gooooooood Morning Chum-Chum-Chummarinos! It's another beautiful day here at the salt mines. I stopped by Production this morning to chat with someone I hadn't chatted with in months – and got an earful confirming some suspicions: my boss is a lying sack of snake sh i zit. Not surprised, just cashing in my reality check. :D

How's everybody else's week so far?

March 27, 2012 at 7:20 am | Reply
  14. AleeD®

Gooooooood Morning Chum-Chum-Chummarinos! It's another beautiful day here at the salt mines. I stopped by Production this morning to chat with someone I hadn't chatted with in months – and got an earful confirming some suspicions: my boss is a lying sack of snack shizit. Not surprised, just cashing in my reality check. :D

How's everybody else's week so far?

March 27, 2012 at 7:10 am | Reply