Coffee klatsch
March 14th, 2012

Pssst! Got a sec to chat?

Posted by:
Filed under: Buzz • Coffee Klatsch

1. Noxious.Sunshine

Hey all! Been awhile since I've beeb able to post 'round these parts (thinking CNN + Gmail dont mix?) ... Anywho, I don't pay much attention to Foozeball (yes, I said it), but P. Manning's prospects of coming here to the.. Ummm TN Foozeball team is pretty exciting.. Maybe it'll get me more interested in the sport. Same for Nascar... Gotten more into that this season. It's a big bonding thing for my dad & I. He used to race sprint cars w Dave Blaney's dad & a couple other drivers....

Hope everyone is doing well!! Am making Daphne Oz's Cinnamon Rolls (from The Chew) tomorrow morning, along with her take on Girl Scouts Samoa cookies (with dulce de leche, toasted coconut & dark chocolate in her recipe) w my daughter & my boyfriend's potato "taquitos" for dinner... Super yum

March 15, 2012 at 3:32 am | Reply
  2. DJChilllyPhil, Jukebox King & Cold Stone God

busy busy busy busy day

March 14, 2012 at 4:53 pm | Reply
  3. RH@JBJ

I CANNOT BELIEVE that JBJ has never heard of a Rutt's Cremator hot dog. She travels the world and has never heard of this?

March 14, 2012 at 4:17 pm | Reply
    • RH

WWW,Ruttshut.com-with a special nod and welcome home to Ms.Grammar...I missed you.

March 14, 2012 at 4:32 pm | Reply
    • ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™@RH_King of the Dogs

Ahem, actually I saw a show once on said deep fried hot dogs that burst when you cook em, just didn't know the name Rutt's, rhymes with Butts (hehe), maybe thta's where they got the name "floaters"??

March 14, 2012 at 5:12 pm | Reply
  4. ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™@Random Question

Does anyone else have those bicycle "billboards" in their city? Guys (or gals) ride around on bikes, not too fast, with a trailer attached to the back of the bike with wheels and a approx 6×4 ft sign, usually KB homes. Seems like a nice stress free job.

March 14, 2012 at 4:08 pm | Reply
    • MicheleG™

Never seen one of those out thisaway. If they are bicycling in city traffic (where are you?) there will be stress.........

March 14, 2012 at 4:13 pm | Reply
    • Truth™@jbj

We do have those, although I think my dream job would be that of bike messenger. We have so much great weather, I think it would be fun.

March 14, 2012 at 4:13 pm | Reply
    • RH@JBJ

The Queen is too short..couldn't reach the pedals.

March 14, 2012 at 4:21 pm | Reply
  5. Sir Biddle@Question of the Day

Just wrapped up a one-on-one meeting with a coworker and she had some dark piece of food in her teeth. I know her well enough to say something and I was going to say something, just never got in to say it and then I figured I was past the point of no return and just let it go. Figure if we finished the meeting and I said something then she'd be embarrassed we'd gone the whole time with it there. Soooo How long do you allow someone to have something stuck in their teeth before you say something?

March 14, 2012 at 2:53 pm | Reply
    • RH @ SirB

Since The Queen never STOPS talking,I can't get a word in anyway.

March 14, 2012 at 3:00 pm | Reply
    • AleeDπ@QOD

In a 1-on-1 situation, I'll interrupt our conversation to tell them. BTW, ditto regarding (freudian) slips. :D

March 14, 2012 at 3:03 pm | Reply
      • Sir Biddle@AleeD

BTW, I won't be wear a slip of any kind anytime soon.

March 14, 2012 at 3:37 pm | Reply
    • ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™@SirB

Depending on how well I like them! :D

March 14, 2012 at 3:48 pm | Reply
    • Sir Biddle

I even thought half way through the meeting, this would be a good question for the Klatch. What Would the Klatch Do? Maybe we should get those Jesus type of braclets made. WWKD

March 14, 2012 at 3:51 pm | Reply
      • ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™

OK, so far we have:

1. What would the Klatsch Do? bracelets
        2. Klatsch On! aprons
        3. Men of Eatocracy Calendars

Did I miss anything?

March 14, 2012 at 3:57 pm | Reply
        • Sir Biddle@JBJ

Eatocracy Codpieces...

OK folks I am out of here for the day!

March 14, 2012 at 4:03 pm |
        • Klatch Products Unlimited

1. Klatch Thongs
          2. Klatch feminine hygeine products
          3. Klatch Kookware
          4. Klatch dishes and flatware
          5. Klatch Kups for Men
          6. Klatch bathrobes (the same as Creepy McKiddietickler modeled yesterday)
          7. Klatch Dungeon accessories (with a nod to AleeD)

March 14, 2012 at 4:21 pm |
  6. MicheleG™

Of course, you know the BEST potato chips are the gnarly Kettle brand ones. Those are SO good........

March 14, 2012 at 2:07 pm | Reply
    • ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™@MicheleG

I'm partial to the gnarly Maui Onion ones...with a mai tai, by the pool, in Hawaii.

March 14, 2012 at 3:59 pm | Reply
      • MicheleG™

Ding!Ding!Ding! WIN! (It was the Maui part that did it.)

March 14, 2012 at 4:11 pm | Reply
  7. ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™

Hubs birthday is Friday and I have a sudden overwhelming desire to get Scooby Doo cupcakes for his birthday...

March 14, 2012 at 2:07 pm | Reply
    • MicheleG™

images for Scooby Do decorations.

March 14, 2012 at 2:10 pm | Reply
      • ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™

*drool*

March 14, 2012 at 2:21 pm | Reply
  8. The Worst Itinerant Comedian Ever

Why don't shrimp share?

Because they're a little shellfish!

March 14, 2012 at 1:37 pm | Reply
  9. The Witty One@Side Note

Did anyone notice that we can now go four replies in, instead of three?

March 14, 2012 at 1:21 pm | Reply
    • ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™@TWO

That is so last weeks news.... That was a present from our fearless leaders!

March 14, 2012 at 1:36 pm | Reply
      • The Witty One@JBJ

Jeez :( I get stuck working for a few weeks and I miss out on everything...

March 14, 2012 at 1:38 pm | Reply
  10. Mildred

I apologize for any work I'm putting the moderators through.

Although I'm amused that my explanation of my earlier spelling error didn't seem to get moderated, but my description of my local pub scene and music did.

March 14, 2012 at 1:03 pm | Reply
  11. The Witty One

Gotta run folks....I'll check in later!

March 14, 2012 at 12:16 pm | Reply
  12. Mildred

Happy Pi Day!

I'm going to try for Cornish pasties or shepherd's pie at the English pub my fiance is playing Irish music at tonight.

March 14, 2012 at 12:06 pm | Reply
    • The Witty One@Mildred

Isn't that bad to play irish music at an english pub?!? I feel like someone will get stabbed or something. The picture in my head sort of gos along the lines of a battle scene from braveheart, only set in a bar. (I am well aware that those were the scots, thank you very much...but there was that one crazy irish guy who had the best lines in the movie. I.E. – " The lord says he can get me out of this, but he's pretty sure you're f*$&ed")

March 14, 2012 at 12:11 pm | Reply
      • Truth™@TWO, Mildred

"I told you, it's MY island"

and

"In order to talk with someone as good, one would be forced to converse with the Almighty."

March 14, 2012 at 12:43 pm | Reply
        • The Witty One@Truth

What a great movie. I think I may watch it this week...

How's the school going?

March 14, 2012 at 1:21 pm |
      • Mildred

The manager/head bartender is Irish. The English (Cornish actually) manager heads the German place in the same empire.

(There's a young guy who started a food empire around here. He started with a burrito place that filled a nice niche, and then opened up a second place the next city over. Then he purchased an old firehouse and turned it into a German biergarten-style place. Most recently, he added an English pub to the group. This guy has something of a golden touch...)

March 14, 2012 at 12:54 pm | Reply
      • Mildred

And heck... the band got away with playing "Black and Tan"

The city is a bit more Irish than English... or at least the local Irish kept tight to their cultural identity (which is true for most places outside of England from what I gather).

The group does also play English and Scottish songs as well.

March 14, 2012 at 12:58 pm | Reply
    • MicheleG™

Unless you are referring to an exotic dance spell it "pasty" not "pastie." There is a massive difference!

March 14, 2012 at 12:47 pm | Reply
      • AleeDπ@MicheleG™

Would you care to describe, in detail, these differences? ~_~

March 14, 2012 at 12:55 pm | Reply
        • MicheleG™

Pasty can be a delicious baked item that is fun to eat.
          Pasties are two small parts of a, shall we say, abbreviated "costume" worn usually to perform artistic dances.
          Working hard here to sidestep our ever so attentive modbots............

March 14, 2012 at 12:58 pm |
        • Mildred

Argh.... I was reading a knitting pattern for pasties and so that spelling was in my head.

A pasty is a hand held meat and veggie pie. The term is English/Cornish/British.

A pastie is the little covering that exotic and burlesque dancers put over certain body parts to comply with regulations. If you have seen one who has tassels... the tassels are attached to the pastie. I don't know where the name came from, but they are often held in place with spirit gum or other skin friendly paste/glue.

March 14, 2012 at 1:01 pm |
        • ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™@Mildred & MicheleG

OK, that is a new visual for me...knitted pasties!?? Is that for the Saturday night exotic dance class at the senior's home? Pass the bleach please.

March 14, 2012 at 1:15 pm |
  13. ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™@RH

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD MOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRRRNNNNNNNNNNNNNNING! Where are you Waldo? My guess is JAX.

March 14, 2012 at 11:29 am | Reply
    • RH @ JBJ

I'll take where is Plant City for $ 1,000.00 please Alex.Pepito finally got moving so WD and I will Try to fly shortly. Oh,and WD made the threat of a codpiece bite if he and his group did not andele.

March 14, 2012 at 2:40 pm | Reply
      • ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™@RH

How many plants are in Plant City Alex? Enquiring minds want to know.

March 14, 2012 at 3:50 pm | Reply
        • RH@JBJ

Mooooooocho Plantalonesses in Plant City. :)

March 14, 2012 at 3:56 pm |
  14. ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™@National Food Day

My very reliable morning radio show said today was National Potato Chip Day, not Pi day??

They were sharing recipes using said potato chips, and callers were adding to the list. Soo, my Question of the Day is, have you ever cooked with potato chips, and if so what did you make?? I can't recall using them in a dish, which seems odd to me.

March 14, 2012 at 11:26 am | Reply
    • Queen of Everything@JBJ

I have a hot chicken salad recipe that calls for a topping of potato sticks but I have used crushed potato chips in a pinch.

March 14, 2012 at 12:05 pm | Reply
    • The Witty One@JBJ

I haven't personally, but I hear they make a great coating for fried food. That and cornflakes.

I do put plain lays on my turkey sandwiches..but only after partaking in some OH-RAY-GA-NO...

mmmm.....turkey, cranberry sauce, stuffing and potato chips......yummy.

March 14, 2012 at 12:07 pm | Reply
      • ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™@TWO

Hmmm, never thought to put them on a sandwich! I've heard of coating for chickens, but not much else... corn flakes for sure I use on a hash brown casserole about once a year, I could sub the potato chips there I think..

March 14, 2012 at 12:12 pm | Reply
        • The Witty One@JBJ

It's about the only time that I actually eat chips. I'm a sourdough pretzel kind of guy.

March 14, 2012 at 12:14 pm |
    • Queen of Everything@JBJ

Ooo,ooo,ooo, I can also eat a potato chip off my shoulder.

March 14, 2012 at 12:10 pm | Reply
      • The Witty One@QOE

PICS OR IT DIDNT HAPPEN!!!!!

March 14, 2012 at 12:13 pm | Reply
        • MicheleG™

total DITTO!

March 14, 2012 at 12:45 pm |
      • ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™@QoE

LOL – Well alrighty then, I'll have to give that a try! and please share what goes into your warm chicken salad, I haven't seen those potato sticks in ages!

March 14, 2012 at 12:14 pm | Reply
    • ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™

I forgot the obvious...crushed potato chips on a cod piece!

March 14, 2012 at 12:36 pm | Reply
      • AleeDπ@™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™

Salt & starch from potato chips can cause distasteful tarnishing of the one's codpiece if it is of the metal persuasion from one's suit of armor. If this does occur, the solution is that one takes care of said codpiece by gently blowing off said potato chips and rub vigorously ... ~_~ ... to maintain it's shine.

March 14, 2012 at 12:54 pm | Reply
        • ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™@AleeD

There you go again with those shiny things reference...don't forget the other, more modern, reference as in leather with or without metal studs as in Metal and/or Rock costumes.... I figured both were up you alee so to speak. :D

March 14, 2012 at 2:05 pm |
        • AleeDπ@™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™

You are ever so right, dear lady. They are very much up my, um, alee. :D However, I do occasionally like to go medieval on hubby. ~_~

March 14, 2012 at 2:58 pm |
        • ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™@AleeD

Klatsch On sista!

March 14, 2012 at 4:06 pm |
    • AleeDπ@NFD

I've been known to put potato chips on PB&J sammiches.

I've been told that potato chips are the definitive topping for tuna casserole. However,
      A) since mom never baked it, we never had it this way and
      B) since I left my parents house, I haven't had anyone's tuna casserole.

Why do I suddenly I feel like I'm channeling Evil's distaste for peas?

March 14, 2012 at 12:45 pm | Reply
      • ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™@AleeD

Tuna caserole should be outlawed, just sayin'

March 14, 2012 at 1:10 pm | Reply
        • Truth™@jbj, Aleed

In my home it is.

March 14, 2012 at 1:55 pm |
  15. Queen of Everything

On this day in 2008, I was 3 days overdue with Thing 1. My OB was going to give until the 17th to go into labor on my own or she was going to have me induced on the 18th. I went into labor on my own the morning of the 18th and at 4:29pm Thing 1 made his world debut (after 12 hours of labor and 30 minutes of pushing, mind you). My baby will be 4 this Sunday. I can't really remember what life was like before him. I think it might have involved more sleep. Oddly enough, I think I'm more depressed by the fact that I'm the mother of a 4 year old than I am by the fact that I'm 30.

March 14, 2012 at 11:09 am | Reply
    • ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™@QoE

Awww, happy birthday Thing 1. Now, talk to me when your #1 kid turns 30 and I'll sympathize! LOL (she turned 33 on the 9th)

March 14, 2012 at 11:17 am | Reply
    • The Witty One@QOE

Happy B-Day to Thing 1! What are the plans for the weekend?

March 14, 2012 at 12:05 pm | Reply
      • Queen of Everything@TWO

We are having a Scooby Doo birthday party on Saturday and I'm taking cupcakes into his preschool class on Monday. If the weather holds, we're going to take both boys to the Sodalis Nature Park on Sunday. What are your weekend plans, chum?

March 14, 2012 at 12:09 pm | Reply
        • ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™QoE

will you be bringing in some Scooby Doo cupcakes for us here on Monday too?? Pretty please. btw, Scooby Doo was my favorite cartoon when I was in my 20's...

March 14, 2012 at 12:37 pm |
        • The Witty One@QOE

I am head to Maryland this weekend for a pool tournament. We are then doing a B-Day party for the 2 yr old which will involve lots of glowsticks and glow in the dark paint and probably some glow in the dark paint remover and some blacklights. Get the little ravers started early.

March 14, 2012 at 1:19 pm |
        • Queen of Everything@TWO

Who does the 2 year old belong to?

March 14, 2012 at 1:39 pm |
        • The Witty One@QOE

I got him online. You can get one too, just go to http://www.rentakid.com.

He is my girlfriends. I taught him to say "Your Face" every time someone says something to him. He just ends up saying "face" though....freaking adorable.

March 14, 2012 at 1:55 pm |
        • Queen of Everything@TWO

I was going to ask how things were going with her but I didn't want to appear nosy. So how are things going? Should I expect a wedding invitation soon? I'm going to assume that my invite to the birthday party got lost in the mail.

March 14, 2012 at 2:04 pm |
  16. The Witty One@All

Top of the morning friends! How are we all doing today?

Codpiece.

March 14, 2012 at 10:54 am | Reply
    • ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™@TWO

Howdy, where have you bean?

March 14, 2012 at 11:18 am | Reply
      • The Witty One@JBJ

I'm pretty good. How's life on your end?

March 14, 2012 at 12:03 pm | Reply
        • ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™@TWO

Not too shabby all things considering. Stressful at work last week, not fun, but better this week. Hubs son is flying in from New Joisey today and going to NV on Friday for the weekend, so that should be super fun.

Anything new on your end?

March 14, 2012 at 12:09 pm |
  17. Evil Grin

Hyvää huomenta, chums. Hectic, hectic, hectic life.

March 14, 2012 at 10:22 am | Reply
    • Truth™@EGrin

Alex, What is "Good Morning" in Finnish.

March 14, 2012 at 10:25 am | Reply
      • Evil Grin

Applause track

Congratulations. You have won... A BRAND NEW CAR!

March 14, 2012 at 10:26 am | Reply
    • Queen of Everything@EG

Wait a minute! There were prizes involved with this guessing game?! If I'd known that I would have joined in a long time ago. I demand a re-do!

March 14, 2012 at 11:10 am | Reply
      • MicheleG™

I already won several but beware, they are golf carts!

March 14, 2012 at 12:41 pm | Reply
  18. Truth™

Good morning all!
    How is everyone doing today?

March 14, 2012 at 9:11 am | Reply
    • Jdizzle McHammerpants ♫♫

22/7

March 14, 2012 at 9:44 am | Reply
      • AleeDπ

That's rational.

March 14, 2012 at 10:27 am | Reply
        • Evil Grin

groan Baaad pun. :P

March 14, 2012 at 10:38 am |
    • Sirius (not the station but the constellation) @ Truth

Good morning bud, doing pretty good can't complain. Smooth day at the office, weather is agreeable and all is well. Good morning to you how is all with you?

March 14, 2012 at 9:54 am | Reply
      • Truth™@Sirius

Not too bad. Looks like a relatively quiet day ahead and an indie movie screening tonight. Should be fun.

And with you?

March 14, 2012 at 10:26 am | Reply
    • AleeDπ@Truth

Doing super today. The managers are tied up in meeting's 'til 12:30, so now I can get some work done. How's tings in the MHC?

March 14, 2012 at 10:34 am | Reply
    • Sir Biddle@Truth

Crappy so far. We are using google platform for everything now and I screwed up a document and had to restart. All that and I have a super-enthused, dangerously ambitious co-worker whose voice is just annoying let alone if I hear "Let me know if there is anything I can help you with..." one more time...

Please pass any booze you may have in your office over to me.

March 14, 2012 at 10:38 am | Reply
    • Sir Biddle@Truth

Can we pass a law that it is legal to taze someone when they are being an idiot. My annoying co-worker is really looking for it!

All that and my last post was moderated.

March 14, 2012 at 10:43 am | Reply
      • Evil Grin

Are you going to taze the EEM!? Because I'm still trying to get it to become my minion. Although it keep censoring me before I can get the request out, so I think that's a no.

I'd love you to come taze a couple of my coworkers, though.

March 14, 2012 at 10:58 am | Reply
        • Sir Biddle@EG

Trust me on this one, you do not, reapeat do NOT want her as a minion. No matter how hard you try she would annoy the ____ out of you. She'd make you cut your own throat with a rusty codpiece.

March 14, 2012 at 11:27 am |
      • Queen of Everything@Sir B

I'm confident that tazing an annoying person is considered self-defense.*

*Queen of Everything can not be held responsible for any legal advice dispensed. She is not a lawyer nor does she play one on TV.

March 14, 2012 at 11:15 am | Reply
        • Sir Biddle@Queen

Don't worry you won't be called to testify.

March 14, 2012 at 11:31 am |
        • Queen of Everything@Sir B

That's a relief! If I did have to testify I'd probably be really nervous and when that happens I tend to make highly inappropriate "that's what she said" jokes.

March 14, 2012 at 11:41 am |
        • Sir Biddle@Queen

There's nothing wrong with being inappropriate more than just when nervous.

March 14, 2012 at 11:50 am |
  19. Queen of Everything

Good morning, glories! I think the dude in the photo is hoping his codpiece gets groped...or maybe it already has.

March 14, 2012 at 9:10 am | Reply
    • Sirius (not the station but the constellation) @ QOE

Well hello and a good morning Queenie, judging by the smile and the thumbs up I'd guess it already dropped off in a more than agreeable way. lol

March 14, 2012 at 9:32 am | Reply
      • Queen of Everything@Sirius

Is it just me or does that thumb seem unusually large?

March 14, 2012 at 11:00 am | Reply
        • ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™@QoE

It's not you... :D

March 14, 2012 at 11:22 am |
        • Ms. Grammar

If the thumb is any indicator of the size of other um, digits, that explains her big grin.

BTW...I'm back in the klatsch! If RH and WD can handle the modbots, I guess I can man up as well (so to speak).

March 14, 2012 at 12:10 pm |
        • ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™@Ms Grammar

Welcome back! Modbotz have been somewhat tamed lately, although they don't take direction well according to our Queen.

March 14, 2012 at 12:15 pm |
        • Ms. Grammar

Come to think of it, neither do I! Good to be back amongst friends.

March 14, 2012 at 12:28 pm |
  20. Sirius (not the station but the constellation)

Good morning everybody!

@AleeD: Lol, well that's a wonderful laugh to start the morning with and I have to say that as an engineer by degree I agree. I would have done the same.

March 14, 2012 at 8:41 am | Reply
  21. Sir Biddle

Morning Crew!

March 14, 2012 at 8:25 am | Reply
  22. AleeDπ

Happy Pi Day! Math geeks rejoice! Festivities began at 1:59. Wake up and party!

A mathematician, a physicist and an engineer are all given identical rubber balls and told to find the volume. They are given anything they want to measure it, and have all the time they need.

The mathematician pulls out a measuring tape and records the circ umference. He then divides by two times pi to get the radius, cubes that, multiplies by pi again and then multiplies by four-thirds and thereby calculates the volume.

The physicist gets a bucket of water, places 1.00000 gallons of water in the bucket, drops in the ball and measures the displacement to six significant figures.

And the engineer? He writes down the serial number of the ball, and looks it up.

March 14, 2012 at 7:36 am | Reply
    • Evil Grin

Practicality for the win. Although I have to admit to being somewhat of a mathematician when it comes to making a simple solution WAY harder than it has to be.

March 14, 2012 at 10:25 am | Reply
  23. AleeDπ

Happy Pi Day! Math geeks rejoice! Festivities began at 1:59. Wake up and party!

A mathematician, a physicist, and an engineer are all given identical rubber balls and told to find the volume. They are given anything they want to measure it, and have all the time they need.

The mathematician pulls out a measuring tape and records the circumference. He then divides by two times pi to get the radius, cubes that, multiplies by pi again, and then multiplies by four-thirds and thereby calculates the volume.

The physicist gets a bucket of water, places 1.00000 gallons of water in the bucket, drops in the ball, and measures the displacement to six significant figures.

March 14, 2012 at 7:34 am | Reply
    • AleeDπ@Moderators

Please don't post this. I figured out what I did & corrected it.

March 14, 2012 at 7:37 am | Reply
      • ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™@AleeD

Funny that when you ask them not to post mod, they do! LOL

March 14, 2012 at 11:29 am | Reply
      • Queen of Everything@Alee and JBJ

I get the feeling these ModBotz don't take direction very well.

March 14, 2012 at 12:00 pm | Reply