Coffee klatsch
March 1st, 2012

Pssst! Got a sec to chat?

Posted by:
Filed under: Buzz • Coffee Klatsch

1. OVNIXYQvy41

365928 228838Hello super schner Webblog den ihr da habt. Bin gerade ber die Google Suche darber gestolpert. Gefllt mir echt super gut. macht weiter so. MFG Martina 143637

August 7, 2013 at 3:13 am | Reply
  2. DJChilllyPhil, Jukebox King & Cold Stone God

Don't mind the smoke that's coming out of my ears. I just need to un-fry my brain case...

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-V8kYT1pvE&w=640&h=390]

March 1, 2012 at 5:49 pm | Reply
  3. Jdizzle McHammerpants ♫♫

So there's this scene in an episode of In the Heat of the Night (if anyone remembers that show) that I've never forgotten and continue to laugh at to this day even though it was probably 16 years ago.

It was some radio show tape they were reviewing for a case.

Caller (in annoying hick drawl): "If everyone carried a sawed-off shotgun, there'd be a lot less crime."

DJ: "Yeah, and a lot less people, too, moron."

That is all.

March 1, 2012 at 3:27 pm | Reply
    • Dez

LOL! I can't believe someone else remembered that! I still remember that part of that episode and it still cracks me up. I literally searched that line of dialogue and found your post. Instant gratification. I guess you really can find anything on the internet. Now if I can just find that episode, my life may actually be complete.

March 5, 2013 at 1:32 pm | Reply
    • amanners

It's not "Heat of the Night," it's "Matlock"...episode "The DJ"

May 7, 2013 at 3:07 pm | Reply
  4. Sir Biddle

Afternoon crew!

March 1, 2012 at 2:09 pm | Reply
    • Evil Grin

What have you been up to today?

March 1, 2012 at 2:13 pm | Reply
    • AleeD®

Hi! How's tings in DC these days? Doesn't DC stand for DisCombobulated?

March 1, 2012 at 2:22 pm | Reply
    • Sir Biddle@AleeD & EG

Just getting back in town after being out a week. Went back home and helped my parents move into an assisted living home. Kind of tough and bittersweet, but all in all it will be better for everyone. They are still sharp as could be, just physically getting old.

How goes everyone else? Have I missed anything grand on here recently?

March 1, 2012 at 2:30 pm | Reply
      • AleeD®

Bittersweet indeed. Hubby went thru that with his dad many years ago. I hope it gives you a bit of solace to know that if anything happens, big or small, that they'll being taken care of at a moment's notice. ))))))hugs((((((

1) "spank" is back on the acceptable word list, thanks to Kat
        2) Kat's tweak #2: we can post 3 deep now.
        3) RichardHead has had enough of the modbots, pled his case and said he will no longer post here. However Phoenix found mysterious footprints on one occasion and someone's sleepy-boy posted a message to katydid on another occasion. If you hang around and get that feeling of being watched ...

March 1, 2012 at 2:48 pm | Reply
        • Sir Biddle@AleeD

1. Nice, I'll take one whenever you hand them out.
          2. Three deep....hmmm.....I'll leave that one alone
          3. I saw the Richard Head exit last week and just figure anyone posting as RH is him. Hope all is well with him.

March 1, 2012 at 3:11 pm |
    • ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™@SirB

Welcome back SirB! Sorry for the reason though. We went through this with my FIL over 15 years ago...he was alone and wasn't happy about the move, but soon the "ladies" of the place started hitting on him, so I think he was better with it. ;0 And the Bingo, they are ruthless there!

March 1, 2012 at 3:54 pm | Reply
      • Sir Biddle@JBJ

Thanks. My parents will be good wherever they are, they just want to be together but are stubbornly past independent living. Some recent health/medial issues finally allowed them to see the light and overide their Irish stubbornness.

March 1, 2012 at 4:06 pm | Reply
  5. Queen of Everything@Did you know?

A mouse can't swim in a bathtub so he needs a boat. These words of wisdom have been brought to you by Thing 1. Also, Mammaw makes the bestest beef and noodles ever.

March 1, 2012 at 12:36 pm | Reply
    • ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™@Queen

Made me think of the commercial where they guy taught the hamsters to row the boat to produce energy or something and he says "it took 6 months to teach the chubby one to yell "row"" And I think Thing 1's logic is spot on!

March 1, 2012 at 12:47 pm | Reply
      • JainaJade@JBJ

the guinea pig commercial!!! they are so adorable :-)

March 1, 2012 at 12:53 pm | Reply
      • MicheleG™

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kXS37clsZw&w=640&h=390]

March 1, 2012 at 1:05 pm | Reply
  6. Mildred

Hello all... it's taco salad day... and my weigh in at Weight Watchers.

Oh the humanity....

March 1, 2012 at 12:23 pm | Reply
    • MicheleG™

You just told me what I will have for dinner tonight! DEE lightful!

March 1, 2012 at 12:35 pm | Reply
    • Queen of Everything@Milli Vanilli

You have Taco Salad Thursday!?! We have Taco Salad Tuesday. Thursday is pulled pork and it is in high demand.

March 1, 2012 at 12:37 pm | Reply
      • Mildred

We have a Taco Salad every other Thursday.

And please... don't every use that name. I was in middle school when that all happened.

March 1, 2012 at 12:42 pm | Reply
  7. Evil Grin

Since I believe I've figured out my error this time:

Zdravo, chums.

Our old friend McD's offers their large iced teas for just a dollar. So this morning, craving just such a tea in large amounts, I stopped by a convenient, but notoriously stingy and rule-heavy branch. They are widely known for charging for sauces, having certain menu items at much higher prices, not subbing in drink sizes, etc. If your order is deemed troublesome, they will refuse service. (Troublesome is customizing the sandwich.)

So when I asked if I a large iced tea ordered with one of their meals would it be a dollar (something most branches will do), and learning it would be the price of a large soda, I skipped the $5 breakfast and just bought the tea and a dollar menu item. $2.

I hate being needlessly overcharged.

March 1, 2012 at 12:08 pm | Reply
    • MicheleG™

Serbo-Croatian

March 1, 2012 at 12:10 pm | Reply
      • MicheleG™

There are roughly 6,500 spoken languages in the world today. However, about 2,000 of those languages have fewer than 1,000 speakers.

EG this means we can do this for nearly forever.

March 1, 2012 at 12:13 pm | Reply
        • MicheleG™

and I look forward to the next one!

March 1, 2012 at 12:17 pm |
      • Evil Grin

Also Slovene (Slovinian). Either very similar languages, or the same language with different names.

March 1, 2012 at 1:10 pm | Reply
  8. Evil Grin

First comment of the day was already moderated. So I can tell this is going to be a great day.

March 1, 2012 at 12:01 pm | Reply
    • AleeD®

Aw. Why let that set the tone for your day? Do you let your minions dictate your mood? I make sure all my slaves know what kind of mood I'm in so they can do their job and perk me up. It's when they don't rise to the occasion that we start experimenting on, um, new ways to use the equipment.

March 1, 2012 at 12:08 pm | Reply
      • Evil Grin

Heh, I meant for moderating. Usually when I start out heavily moderated, it just gets worse. But I found my error (quant ! ties) and fixed it, so maybe not so bad.

March 1, 2012 at 12:09 pm | Reply
        • AleeD®

I was putting things together in my cabesa that didn't quite make it to my post. Sorry.
          Modbots, minions, slaves – same same. All can be trained to work for us and all training requires patience.

March 1, 2012 at 12:16 pm |
        • Evil Grin

The Evil Eatocracy Modbot (henceforth known as EEM!) should certainly join me as my minion. I believe I could inspire much terror with EEM! on my side.

March 1, 2012 at 1:12 pm |
        • Sarah LeTrent

Hey loyal Klatschers! It's me, SLT, steering the SS Eatocracy for the rest of the week while Kat is out on vacation. Want to keep this thread healthy and alive! Noted your unnecessary glitch this morning Evil Grin, but overall for everyone else, seems it's doing better, yes? Feedback is always welcome. Merci lots.

March 1, 2012 at 2:03 pm |
        • Evil Grin

We appreciate any improvements on EEM!, really!

March 1, 2012 at 2:12 pm |
        • AleeD®@Evil Grin & SLT

*whispering behind hand*
          I hear that EEM's are extremely susceptible to bedazzled spork attacks. Word to the wise.

March 1, 2012 at 2:15 pm |
        • MicheleG™

Progress is our most important product! ........ (said General Electric as Ronald Reagan...........1961 I think)......

March 1, 2012 at 2:24 pm |
  9. Evil Grin

Zdravo, chums.

Our old friend McD's offers their large iced teas for just a dollar. So this morning, craving just such a tea in large quantities, I stopped by a convenient, but notoriously stingy and rule-heavy branch. They are widely known for charging for sauces, having certain menu items at much higher prices, not subbing in drink sizes, etc. If your order is deemed troublesome, they will refuse service. (Troublesome is customizing the sandwich.)

I hate being needlessly overcharged.

March 1, 2012 at 11:58 am | Reply
  10. ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™

Did anyone else see Katydid's post last night?? How very sweet of her to notice and be concerned of our decline...

March 1, 2012 at 11:41 am | Reply
    • MicheleG™

Yes and the saga continues..........will they or won't they? Are they pr aren't they? Do they or don't they?

Stay tuned!

March 1, 2012 at 11:44 am | Reply
    • AleeD®

Yup. I saw it and you're right. It was very nice of her. Then someone verrrry sleepy responded to her. I hope they werw able to work in a nap in today.

March 1, 2012 at 12:05 pm | Reply
  11. ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™

Good morning class!
    @Truth – You sound like you are in a very good place this morning! Bravo my friend.

Today's picture makes me think of Jdizz and gf?? I'm sure he'll let me know if this is true or if he has better hair! LOL

March 1, 2012 at 11:18 am | Reply
    • Michael McDonald

Jdizz has nothing on me....besides I can sing and play piano. :))

March 1, 2012 at 11:27 am | Reply
    • Jdizzle McHammerpants ♫♫

I have better hair.

March 1, 2012 at 3:03 pm | Reply
      • Jdizzle McHammerpants ♫♫

And much better sideburns.

March 1, 2012 at 3:03 pm | Reply
      • ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™@Jdizz

I should've guessed that...LOL

March 1, 2012 at 3:55 pm | Reply
  12. This Just In...

Conservative Stooge Blogger and owner of The Drudge Report, Andrew Beitbart is reportedly dead at age 42. He leaves behind a wife and four children. Breitbart is best known for breaking the Anthony Weiner secks scandal.

You may now return to your normally scheduled Eatocracy.

March 1, 2012 at 10:06 am | Reply
  13. Truth™

Good morning all, and as Travis Tritt sang, It's a Great Day To Be Alive. Kay is our blog editor, brother RichHead made it back to the casa safely, I am in the office, Phoenix is WAHing with the furries, and the Lord God is in Heaven and all is right with the world.

Now where's the coffee?

March 1, 2012 at 9:43 am | Reply
    • Truth™

Kay=KAT

March 1, 2012 at 9:43 am | Reply
    • MicheleG™

Like Like LikeLike Like LikeLike Like LikeLike Like Like

March 1, 2012 at 10:28 am | Reply
    • Phoenix

The bestest brother ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

March 1, 2012 at 11:25 am | Reply
  14. Queen of Everything

That's a lovely picture of JJ and her fiance. Such a cute couple! Speaking of JJ, where are the rest of our DC chums?

March 1, 2012 at 9:15 am | Reply
    • MicheleG™

Nice!

March 1, 2012 at 10:26 am | Reply
    • JainaJade@QOE

we are enjoying the sunny weather after yesterday's insane rain :-)

March 1, 2012 at 10:37 am | Reply
  15. AleeD®

WAKE UP SLEEPY HEADS!!! Sasha & Miguel are up, got coffee on and are ready to meet their cheerful, perky day. Are you? :D On the downhill run towards the weekend. Woo-hoo!

March 1, 2012 at 8:43 am | Reply