Coffee klatsch
February 29th, 2012

Pssst! Got a sec to chat?

Posted by:
Filed under: Buzz • Coffee Klatsch

1. katydid

A Fable...long long ago (well maybe a couple of weeks) and far far away (remember we're a NNW Coastie) there was a merry troupe of Happy Klatschers who resided in the Land of Eatocracy in a country called CNN. All was well. Then it seemed that this happy land was invaded by the evil ModBots. Soon there was great strife across the land and one by one the happy little group started to disappear. The first great casualty was Sir Biddle who disappeared for a time then would drop in and out. There were others who grew weary of the constant battle of words and would only drop by occasionally. The war was waged valiantly by all with the charge led by RH the Lionhearted. There was a trusty scribe with a mighty whip and a list of words to evade the dreaded ModBots, her name of AleeD was known far and wide. Sir Truth the Trademarked remained strong and wise trying to hold the group together.Then the sad day came when the Lionhearted RichardHead just disappeared. Now we've dwindled down to the stalwart: Evil Grin, The Queen of Everything (who is waging her own battles), the DJ, MichelleG, all the "J's" with funny names and more. What will become of our once merry little troupe? ..... To be continued...

March 1, 2012 at 2:30 am | Reply
    • ZZZzzz@Katydid

I'm sleepy now Mommy, That was a Great Story.Those Evil ModBots...I hope I don't have nightmares.

March 1, 2012 at 8:01 am | Reply
  2. Evil Grin

On another note, has anyone seen Google's frog logo today? The first thing that popped into my head was "Froggy went a-courtin' and he did ride, uh huh."

Gotta love children's book/cassette combos from the library (from when I was an evil smirk).

February 29, 2012 at 1:24 pm | Reply
    • AleeD®

Saw that! Very cool artwork.

February 29, 2012 at 1:39 pm | Reply
    • MicheleG™

No. I use Google Chrome and I can't find this new logo. Where is it hiding?

February 29, 2012 at 1:47 pm | Reply
      • AleeD®@MicG™

Did you try just plain http://www.google.com?

February 29, 2012 at 3:04 pm | Reply
        • MicheleG™

Yup but it deflects to my iGoogle pages so I can't see any frogs...........

February 29, 2012 at 3:23 pm |
        • Evil Grin

Download Firefox and look at it from there. It's good to have more than one browser, anyway, as some people build web pages that can only be seen properly from one web browser. (They shouldn't, but they do.)

February 29, 2012 at 3:35 pm |
        • MicheleG™

OK, did it. (Thanks!) Not too impressed with the art........sort of a non-event.

February 29, 2012 at 3:38 pm |
        • AleeD®@MicG™

I took a second look at the artwork after reading your comment. Guess I'm juggling too many balls 'cuz you're right. Guess I wasn't paying attention. The artwork in my head was pretty impressive, tho. :)

See y'all mañana!

February 29, 2012 at 4:16 pm |
    • Truth™@EGrin

You will enjoy this selection then...

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOS3K41ttzI&w=640&h=390]

February 29, 2012 at 1:52 pm | Reply
      • Evil Grin

Hahahaha! Wonderful.

February 29, 2012 at 3:33 pm | Reply
  3. This Just In

Davy Jones, of Monkees fame, is dead at 66 y.o. of a heart attack.

[:'-(

February 29, 2012 at 1:21 pm | Reply
    • Evil Grin

A little before my time, but the evil parental unit will be devastated.

February 29, 2012 at 1:25 pm | Reply
    • MicheleG™

Humming "Daydream Believer" will never feel the same.............

February 29, 2012 at 1:32 pm | Reply
      • Mickey Dolenz

He's taken that Last Train to Clarksville. [:'-(

February 29, 2012 at 1:38 pm | Reply

Touche....and well spoken.

February 29, 2012 at 1:49 pm |
  4. Evil Grin

Good day to thee, chums. Yes, today is plain old English. Well, I had to get lazy some time.

I think the "why kids should/should not be banned" debates are pretty interesting, but I'll really be interested when we start having "minions/no minions" debates. I confess, they can get a bit unruly if not properly supervised.

February 29, 2012 at 1:06 pm | Reply
    • AleeD®

Regarding minions & slaves, I thought that's what whips were for ... although I don't have much experience in training minions. ~_~

February 29, 2012 at 1:11 pm | Reply
      • Evil Grin

More flies with honey, my dear. Mostly I try to discourage bad behavior – or you know, reporting my Evil Secrets to the enemy – through a reward system. The whips are only for... extreme cases.

February 29, 2012 at 1:18 pm | Reply
      • MicheleG™

See Despicable Me. Minions, LOTS of Minions which is OK of you like short, very yellow, One eyed........um,.............friends?

February 29, 2012 at 1:20 pm | Reply

Zdravei

February 29, 2012 at 1:16 pm | Reply
      • ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™@MG

Czek(sp)??

February 29, 2012 at 1:19 pm | Reply
      • Evil Grin

Plŭkhove! Now I have to scratch Bulgarian off my list.

February 29, 2012 at 1:19 pm | Reply
        • MicheleG™

Ding! Ding! Bulgarian, it is.

February 29, 2012 at 1:21 pm |
        • MicheleG™

Plŭkhove.....stress? Having trouble with this one.

February 29, 2012 at 1:23 pm |
        • Evil Grin

Rats! Or, more like Rat! But it got the point across. Somewhat.

February 29, 2012 at 1:25 pm |
  5. MicheleG™

Leap Year -Sadie Hawkins Day!

February 29, 2012 at 12:23 pm | Reply
  6. AleeD®

I hope you can enjoy this. It's pretty cool.

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLdB0WEixjM&w=640&h=390]

February 29, 2012 at 12:17 pm | Reply
  7. ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™

Happy happy hump leap day! I have an offsite appt at lunch and will be out after that. No fair that surf and turf day is on a Wed, maybe I can celebrate on Sat unless Sat is an equally good food day. I'll stop rambling now...

February 29, 2012 at 11:45 am | Reply
  8. Jdizzle McHammerpants ♫♫

Yay! School is cancelled! Driveway will be shoveled when I get home. Can't let 'em off that easy.

February 29, 2012 at 10:44 am | Reply
  9. Queen of Everything

Morning all! I was thinking that picture was TWO on a lazy Saturday morning. Seriously though, there is way too much pattern going on between the comforter, pants and lamp shade. Less is more, people.

February 29, 2012 at 9:46 am | Reply
    • Truth™@Queen

I also think the bed design would make me feel as though I was sleeping in a cage. Just sayin.

How are hubs, and Things 1&2 doing these days?

February 29, 2012 at 9:53 am | Reply
      • Queen of Everything@Truth

I think they are all finally getting over the crud they've had for the past month. We take Thing 1 to an ENT sepcialist in March to see about getting tubes put in. We're also planning his birthday party. He turns 4 on the 18th! My little baby is big boy now *sniff, sniff*.

February 29, 2012 at 10:24 am | Reply
        • Truth™@Queen

Cherish these days...Before you know it, he'll be bringing home his bride-to-be...

And last week we EKG'd each other in class. Made for a fun night. Those pads are a pain to tear off (literally)

February 29, 2012 at 10:26 am |
    • MicheleG™

Yeah, a sort of "inviting"photo but the bed is "cagey" feeling and the pattern on the linens adds too much to that.

But, hey, Kat and SLT are giving us some cool pictures! We aren't looking at the little table anymore! Nice!

February 29, 2012 at 10:05 am | Reply
  10. JainaJade

Good morning! I have some soft pretzels for the group, half brown sugar half parm. Recipe will be up on Monday afternoon for any/all interested (dancingveggies.com).
    I have my (in theory) final bridal fitting today. Bummed that I have to go alone but thrilled that in just over a month I'll be marrying my man :-D

February 29, 2012 at 9:16 am | Reply
    • Truth™@Jaina

MANY congrats again, and I do wish you and future hubs every bit of happiness. Enjoy this time, as it really is to be cherished.

February 29, 2012 at 9:30 am | Reply
    • AleeD®@JainaJade

Just over a month!? Wow. You rock! Again, Best Wishes to you and Congratulations to your groom-to-be. You're pulling off quite a feat in a short amount of time. I'm sorry you're going to your fitting alone. I remember you saying your mom was out of town but are you having any attendants?

We'll all be with you in spirit no matter what.

February 29, 2012 at 9:45 am | Reply
      • JainaJade@AleeD

my mom is in town she just doesn't think it's a big deal. The wedding itself is "out of town" by an hour, which is why she hasn't gone to any of the vendor meetings/tastings. My attendants are mostly out of state, the two local ones had a calculus test and an upper GI exam so they were otherwise occupied. However things went smashing and the dress looks amazing! so excited :-D

February 29, 2012 at 6:07 pm | Reply
    • MicheleG™

GO)OD for you! (I never had a real wedding dress. I married without much ceremony WAY back in '68. We didn't have the moola to do much though we took a Honeymoon trip up Highway 1 along the coast and cliffs of central California.)

February 29, 2012 at 10:01 am | Reply
      • AleeD®@MicheleG™

Cool. That's a vacation trip hubby has always wanted to take. Not being familiar with the route and scenic or touristy spots along the way, how long do you think it would take to make a vacation of that trip today?

February 29, 2012 at 10:11 am | Reply
        • MicheleG™

Howdy! To begin with it's well over 400 miles from LA to San Fran and Highway 1 is a twisty, turny, mostly 2 lane road. It runs along the VERY cliff and beach edge and you can see rocks, cliffs and surf as you go. Some places will reveal sea lions and sea otters if you know where to look.

Because it isn't a high speed route you should break it into pieces. LA to Santa Barbara, then SB to Cambria with a stop in Solvang. One of our overnights was in Morro Bay. Then maybe go as far as San Luis Obispo and then wind along Big Sur. We took the 17 mile drive around the Monterrey peninsula. Just north of there in Monterrey Bay is the incredible aquarium. Then we finished in San Francisco at Fisherman's Wharf. There's LOTS more detail and info about this fab road trip.

Here's a link: http://www.travelandleisure.com/articles/the-best-road-trip-in-america/1

February 29, 2012 at 11:03 am |
  11. AleeD®

Good morning Happy Klatschers! Thanks for the coffee Truth. I was thinking that was you in bed after having a major study session and now you're relaxing with a nice cup of coffee.

February 29, 2012 at 9:08 am | Reply
  12. Truth™

Good morning all!
    Is that Jerv still laying in bed?

Coffee is on, and donuts are in back. How is everyone doing today? MAJOR exam tonight. Will be doing some stealth-studying at the office throughout the day.

February 29, 2012 at 8:45 am | Reply