Coffee klatsch
February 13th, 2012

Pssst! Got a sec to chat?

Posted by:
Filed under: Buzz • Coffee Klatsch

1. Truth™

Ok folks, I am out. Talk to y'all in the morning.

February 13, 2012 at 5:41 pm | Reply
  2. Truth™@AleeD

Emergency medical Services. I want to become a paramedic, first as an EMT. Tonight's test covers about 300 pages on patient azzessment, baseline vitals and airway management, along with small chapters on documentation and communications. Fun, fun, fun.

February 13, 2012 at 4:24 pm | Reply
    • RichardHead

Airway Management taught by Professor Linda Lovelace.

February 13, 2012 at 4:38 pm | Reply
      • Truth™@RichHead

Funny you mention that, but one of the questions we have to ask in getting a patient's history is "last 0ral intake", which usually gets giggles. (it really means when did the patient last eat or drink)

February 13, 2012 at 4:46 pm | Reply
      • MicheleG™

I wonder if the person who wrote the manual was thinking how the words could be misconstrued? And the manual had to go through probably several reviews and modifications before it was approved for publishing. Didn't ANYone get the innuendo??? (color me baffled about that one!)

February 13, 2012 at 4:59 pm | Reply
  3. This Just In

This just in. "President Barack Obama's re-election campaign is launching what it calls a "Truth Team" to promote the president's achievements by responding to attacks on his record by Republicans and holding the eventual GOP presidential nominee accountable." That is all.

February 13, 2012 at 2:41 pm | Reply
    • Truth™

The irony of that term is just killing me...:)

How is everyone doing today? I am butt deep in studying, but I miss this place...

February 13, 2012 at 2:43 pm | Reply
      • Jerv@Truth

Yeah, I thought the same thing. LOL! Yeah slugging through a cra p load of work here. Stuff that is 3 years old. I can't stand accounts payable.

February 13, 2012 at 2:56 pm | Reply
      • MicheleG™

"The rules of logic have no ability to distinguish truth on their own. An individual must determine what standards distinguish truth from falsehood. Not all criteria are equally valid. Some standards are sufficient, while others are questionable."

Your riposte?

February 13, 2012 at 3:13 pm | Reply
      • AleeD®@Truth™

"bu tt deep?" What, pray tell are you studying?

February 13, 2012 at 3:30 pm | Reply
      • The Witty One™@Jerv

You have AP that's three years old?!?!?!?!? What field are you in!??!?

February 13, 2012 at 3:54 pm | Reply
      • Jerv's Stand-in@TWO

soccer!

February 13, 2012 at 3:57 pm | Reply
  4. ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™

Good morning and Happy Valentines Day Eve! :) Must find a hear shaped pizza to deliver to hubs tomorrow for lunch...

February 13, 2012 at 11:20 am | Reply
    • RichardHead@JBJ

I've Never had a Pizza that would listen to me....

February 13, 2012 at 11:28 am | Reply
      • ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™@RH

Ok, ok, so I missed the "t"! A heart shaped pizza is kind of wrong isn't it, since it is not particularly good for the heart....

February 13, 2012 at 11:36 am | Reply
      • RichardHead@JBJ

It's the thought that counts, Soooooo...Double up on the ingredients, add some garlic bread and plenty of napkins. Don't forget Odie either.

February 13, 2012 at 11:41 am | Reply
  5. MicheleG™

I knew a Dr. Repair years ago.

February 13, 2012 at 10:43 am | Reply
  6. MicheleG™

Howdy ho. Nice, grey, overcast morning in "sunny" southern California.

February 13, 2012 at 10:40 am | Reply
  7. The Witty One™

Top of the morning folks!

February 13, 2012 at 10:36 am | Reply
  8. DJChilllyPhil, Jukebox King & Cold Stone God

Good morning everyone! Hope everyone had a great weekend!

Saw bits and pieces of the Grammys last night, including some pretty awesome moments.

February 13, 2012 at 9:37 am | Reply
  9. AleeD®@Question of the Day

WD's dox name (Dr. Hicks) brought to mind two doctors' names that were comically appropriate to their specialty:
    Hubby had a urologist named Dr. Hatchett.
    I had a foot doc named Dr. Corn.

QOD: Have you had a doctor whose name was apropos to their field?

February 13, 2012 at 9:23 am | Reply
    • RichardHead@QOD

No Joke, A Proctologist named--Dr. Fingerling.

February 13, 2012 at 9:29 am | Reply
    • Queen of Everything@QOD

We used to have two cardiologists Drs. French and Fry. Their office was down the hall from a nephrologist, Dr. Hamburger.

February 13, 2012 at 9:40 am | Reply
    • The Witty One™@QOD

I knew a prost itute once named Iam Hobag...

February 13, 2012 at 11:15 am | Reply
      • RichardHead@TWO

Was she a Dr. of Sexology?

February 13, 2012 at 11:22 am | Reply
      • Queen of Everything@TWO

Dude, don't talk about your sister like that.

February 13, 2012 at 12:21 pm | Reply
    • dnfromge@JBJ

Back in my childhood days – my pediatrician was Dr. Meenie – I was deathly afraid of him when I was little.

February 13, 2012 at 1:44 pm | Reply
      • AleeD®@dnfromge

Was he blue?

February 13, 2012 at 1:47 pm | Reply
  10. Phoenix

Good Monday morning, all. I'm hoping for a quiet Monday although I do have the lovely task of informing my manager that HIS manager overruled one of his decisions. That's bound to be a fun conversation, huh?

February 13, 2012 at 9:02 am | Reply
    • Judge Judy

I overRuled both of 'em. Got to start the week off right.

February 13, 2012 at 9:06 am | Reply
      • Phoenix

As she says, UMMMM is not an answer!

February 13, 2012 at 9:19 am | Reply
      • Clint Eastwood

A Man's Got to Know His Limitations...UMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!

February 13, 2012 at 9:26 am | Reply
    • AleeD®

Has that happened before? It's SOP where I work. After this going on for years, I don't think twice about going to my to my boss, tell him that his boss said X, then let 'em duke it out. Kinda like lobbing a brisket between Rich & WD and see who gets the biggest piece. HA!

February 13, 2012 at 9:14 am | Reply
      • Phoenix

That's how it started. I questioned the decision myself, went directly to 2nd line, got his answer and the assurance that if my manager has any q's he will agree. Its a difficult situation anyway since I have a better working relationship with the 2nd line than I do with manager.

February 13, 2012 at 9:18 am | Reply
  11. Arturo Féliz-Camilo

Busy Monday. Cappuccino and mini bagel...

February 13, 2012 at 8:48 am | Reply
  12. JainaJade

Good morning everyone! Getting out the wedding invites today...also hoping to find some happy pills...

February 13, 2012 at 8:44 am | Reply
    • AleeD®

What's up? You're down?
      The music in this song gets takes me to my happy place. Maybe it'll work for you, too. )))))hugs(((((

February 13, 2012 at 8:55 am | Reply
    • JainaJade@AleeD

just stressed with all the wedding stuff...too many people are trying to be involved and it makes me want to scream!

February 13, 2012 at 9:26 am | Reply
      • AleeD®@JainaJade

I'm with you 100% Dear Lady. If I may offer some advice, please DO scream. :)

Work out HARD
        Scream into a pillow
        Go somewhere where you know there's no one else around and howl like David Naughton in werewolf makeup.

However you choose to do it, please release that tension. It's not going to go away and you don't want to accidentally alien8 someone you love.

February 13, 2012 at 10:02 am | Reply
      • JainaJade@AleeD

wait...so killing a groomsman is a bad idea :-( I'm trying to get out of town for a weekend but the latest drama (groomsmen) will probably keep that from happening.
        I'm doing Zumba as much as I can but sometimes (like the morning) I just want to throw something (like a tupperware container)...thinking this is not healthy.

February 13, 2012 at 10:36 am | Reply
      • The Witty One™@JJ

Also, s3x is a great way to relieve tension....just sayin'.

February 13, 2012 at 11:11 am | Reply
      • AleeD®@JainaJade

Throwing Tupperware that no one knows about isn't harmful. I hear tell that Thing 1 & 2 do that frequently. Throwing a cast iron skillet at the head of a groomsman when your nickname is "Deadeye." = not such a good thing.

February 13, 2012 at 12:19 pm | Reply
  13. AleeD®

Gooood morning everybody. Hope you all have a wonderful Monday the 13th today. We had a lazy day yesterday for many reasons and didn't get to the State Fair as planned. Instead, we're making plans now to go to the Strawberry Festival in March.

How YOU doin'?

February 13, 2012 at 8:15 am | Reply
    • RichardHead

Morning Sista'-WhazzzzzzzUP in CFL? What a Crappy Weekend. As I told my Brother Truth...NO Football,NO Baseball,tho I will get my Nascar fix this weekend. And on the bright side, My Baylor Lady Bears kicked some Texas A & M buttowski on Saturday.

February 13, 2012 at 8:37 am | Reply
    • AleeD®

Whoa. I didn't know I lived in a light bulb! That would explain the constant stream of great ideas I keep having.
      Wasabi yourself Bro! :))) What's the latest scoop on WD? Have you heard anything yet? Do I need to go muss up a doctor for ya?

February 13, 2012 at 9:00 am | Reply
      • RichardHead

Finally Heard back on Friday. In her opinion it is two benign growths on each butt cheek. Gonna have Dr. Hicks ( my main Man ) have a look at her this Friday. She's eating like a small horse and seems to be doing fine. We'll see.

February 13, 2012 at 9:13 am | Reply
      • AleeD®

Awesome! That's great news Bro!

February 13, 2012 at 9:18 am | Reply
  14. Journey Marker

After staying up late to watch the 2012 Grammys, Evil Grin & his Evil GF relax with a Cuban coffee & a latte, respectively.
    She sighs and says, "Well, that was disappoionting. How are we going to get THOSE 6-1/2 hours of our lives back?"
    With his thick, strong coffee starting to kick in, his evil grin gets wider and he says, "I have an idea. And we can make it last 7 hours. Follow me!"

February 13, 2012 at 7:42 am | Reply
    • ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™@Story Line

Evil Grin and his Evil GF stop to sip their coffees, content that their Mime classes are going very well.

February 13, 2012 at 11:40 am | Reply
    • MicheleG™

Melancholy before invigorating........ er...... "activities."
      Chai before TEA, Espresso before COFFEE. Delicate lounging before Couch Potatoing.

This should last AT LEAST 6 horizontal hours.

February 13, 2012 at 12:01 pm | Reply