Refrain from freaking out - you'll still get your goshdarned Ding-Dongs and Twinkies
January 11th, 2012

Rest easy, Twinkie lovers: Hostess Brands, the storied American manufacturer of snack cakes, filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy Wednesday, but said it will continue to churn out Ho Hos, Ding Dongs and other iconic products.

"Throughout the proceeding, we're going to operate business as normal," said Hostess spokesman Erik Halvorson. "They'll keep making Twinkies."

Read - Twinkies will keep coming despite bankruptcy and more on the Twinkies crisis

1. coffeemaker

Hi! I just would like to give you a huge thumbs up for your great info you have here on this post. I am coming back to your site for more soon.

March 1, 2013 at 5:30 pm |
  2. win 7

buy win 7 home.thank you.

February 22, 2013 at 6:30 am |
  3. ISO 9001

CONSULTORIA PBQP-H – http://www.qualidade9001.com.br/servicos/consultoria-pbqp-h

November 27, 2012 at 8:07 am |
  4. rinsac

It's a reasonably free country. If you like them you can eat them. But you'll be eating food that does not nourish and make you healthy.

November 19, 2012 at 3:39 pm |
  5. JFritz

Have we really come to this, multiple stories about a plastic snack cake? Opinion pieces about Ding Dongs? Comments from public officials about this dire issue? If we're in any doubt that the news media is there solely to entertain us, this should put the kabosh on that. The world appears to be imploding; our privacy is not just under attack, it's about dufunct; our economy is pretty much shot and the middle class sliding into the toilet–and we have multiple stories about TWINKIES? Civilization–it's over, folks.

November 19, 2012 at 2:53 pm |
    • goatsandgreens

Laughing, great response!

November 27, 2012 at 8:23 am |
  6. reverseangle

The hostess of the 60's was far superior to the shallow tasteless, half empty pies with no fruit pieces of the 2012. I have not bought hostess since a zinger had no chocolate taste 20 years ago and a cherry pie had one cherry 25 years ago.

January 16, 2012 at 3:50 pm |
  7. Nick

I have bought 10 cases of twinkies so far in hopes they shut there door. I will be able to sell packages on amazon and ebay for 15 times the cost. I am making a mint right now on dublin dr. pepper. There loss my gain.

January 13, 2012 at 1:04 pm |
    • Dantman5

I'd eat up all the profits.

January 15, 2012 at 4:51 pm |
    • rinsac

There, their and they're. There is a difference.

November 19, 2012 at 3:40 pm |
    • ™©JbJiNg!eŚ®™

I think you will be having twinkies and Dr. Pepper for lunch for a while, strike avoided by agreement of the bakers union...stay tuned. And really, who would pay any meaningful sum of money for a snack cake??

November 19, 2012 at 4:14 pm |
  8. Linda

I love Twinkies and hope they stay around for many more years! I grew up with Twinkies being in my lunchbox and couldn't wait for lunchtime! Just wish they'd come down on the price per box...dang, they are expenisvie when we're on a budget!

January 12, 2012 at 2:43 pm |
  9. WC

I'm not worried. They'll ill off the unions and kill off our kids, but Twinkies will still be around.
    Twinkies are the best friend I ever had. I fought the law and I won.

January 12, 2012 at 2:31 pm |
  10. celisti

make it go away forever! we don't need those high fat, high sugar and unhealthy stuff!

we got too many fat people in this country so that the less unhealthy stuff going away, the better people's life will be.

January 12, 2012 at 2:29 pm |
    • celisti

... sorry for typo.

i mean that the MORE unhealthy stuff going away, the better people's life will be... which is true!

January 12, 2012 at 2:31 pm |
      • SDS

Maybe people should practice self-control and exercise instead of blaming Twinkies and other foods for the obesity problem

January 12, 2012 at 2:53 pm |
  11. abby

Never liked Twinkies - way, way too sweet! totally unhealthy....

January 12, 2012 at 2:20 pm |
  12. It's not food.

That's not even food. It's rocks, petroleum products, and ingredients that come from china that aren't inspected, and they don't even have to tell you what they are. YUCK!

January 12, 2012 at 2:20 pm |
  13. economicwoes

When long time companies such as this are going bankrupt there is surely and large econommic problem, the next bubble will the the coporate one.

January 12, 2012 at 2:14 pm |
  14. denim

If Hostess goes under, someone will buy their resources and continue baking, I figure.

January 12, 2012 at 2:12 pm |
  15. Dirk Diggler's Headband

If Hostess shuts down, worry not m'ladies, my sno balls and ding dong will hit the spot literally and figuratively.

January 12, 2012 at 2:04 pm |
    • CN Red

Bravo! Haha!

January 12, 2012 at 2:26 pm |
  16. Barry

I smell another opportunity for gubment bailout with our money!

January 12, 2012 at 1:59 pm |
  17. Joe

They need to make Hostess food more tasty to get out of Chapter 11.
    I've lost my appetite on these foods. It's too dry to me.

January 12, 2012 at 1:53 pm |
  18. Phil

The government should buy the bankrupt company and disclose exactly what is in those creme.

January 12, 2012 at 1:52 pm |
  19. gumbalay

i want to stick my Twinkie into her Ding-Dong / Ho-Ho !

January 12, 2012 at 1:29 pm |
  20. TheBear

All these comments about twinkies, and not many comments about the story. Keep in mind:

(1) Hostess and its subsidiairies make a diversified line of bakery products
    (2) They are simply reorganizing under chapter 11. This 'bankruptcy' is a non issue unless you are an investor in the company (which is private), are owed money by the company or are an employee of the company

January 12, 2012 at 1:10 pm |
    • Hydrox

They should just have Romney come in, fire all of the old timers still making that disgusting Wonder Bread and sell the Twinkies brand to Tasttcake. Done deal....

January 12, 2012 at 1:31 pm |
  21. Bob

If you Knew whats in a twinkee & how they make it, You will never eat one again.................

January 12, 2012 at 1:09 pm |
    • CN Red

Well enlighten us, Bob.

January 12, 2012 at 1:55 pm |
    • basketcase

Funny, that's what I was told about hot dogs, but I still eat them.

January 12, 2012 at 2:26 pm |
  22. terryvann

Weird Al must be going crazy, the demise of Twinkies will room his balanced diet from the major food groups – "Twinkies, Yo-Ho's and Cupcakes"

January 12, 2012 at 12:58 pm |
    • terryvann

..will ruin...."

January 12, 2012 at 12:59 pm |
  23. Amina

I am sooo tired of everyone blaming (insert food here) for anything that kills them. When did everyone become blameless for their actions? I like junk food, and I have to work that much harder at the gym because of it. Sure, I eat healthy meals but I like my candy bar, french fries and twinkies too, and will eat them as I please. I don't blame high fructose corn syrup for my love handles...I blame myself for eating it. Stop passing the buck...and keep making twinkies. I haven't had one in a while now that I think about it.

January 12, 2012 at 12:58 pm |
    • Rhubarb

Excellent post, 100% true. Inspiring, even !

Yes, I will soon buy a package of Hostess Cupcakes and eat them in my truck, alone! And I WILL TELL NO ONE ! !

BWAAA- HAW-HAW-HAW-HAW ! ! ! ! ! !

P.S.: I predict the company will sell this stuff in record numbers because of all this media attention....

January 12, 2012 at 2:06 pm |
    • liberal guy

as a former college football/basketball player and marathon runner, i would like to say that your comment is selfish. the important thing to remember is that most children do not know any better and establish unhealthy eating patterns based on food that tastes good, is cheap and easy. you look at the average man/woman buying hostess cupcakes at the grocery store. fat. lazy. a burden on society due to their insane health care costs (diabetes, etc). be done with hostess. go eat a huge piece of chocolate cake that takes time to make. might be a little more expensive. that is not a step that most fat, lazy people make anyhow.

January 12, 2012 at 4:27 pm |
      • Uninformed partisan stooge@liberal gay

Stereotype much? You are so typical of the far left party of hate, who cries for "tolerance" except for those they disagree with.

January 12, 2012 at 4:37 pm |
  24. susanna king

Give me Twinkies Not Shui !!!!

January 12, 2012 at 12:42 pm |
    • Arbor Day

Didn't make sense the first time you said it.

January 12, 2012 at 12:46 pm |
  25. susanna king

Give mw Twinkies not shui !!!

January 12, 2012 at 12:40 pm |
  26. Bob SIngleton

Another union killed company

January 12, 2012 at 12:39 pm |
1 2
Pinterest

| Part of

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 7,315 other followers