A meal containing the world's most deadly mushroom is responsible for killing two people and sickening another in Canberra, Australian health officials said Friday.
The meal, which contained death cap mushrooms, was part of a private meal served at a restaurant on New Year's Day, the Australian Health Directorate said.
"The Health Directorate has been advised that the consumption of this food was for a private meal and no food containing the mushrooms was provided to the general public or anyone outside of this small group," the directorate said in a statement.
The restaurant, where the mushrooms were prepared, remains closed.
Read - Deadly mushrooms served as part of meal that kills 2, officials say
Our special appetizer this evening is sauteed Death Cap mushrooms. In this case, you needn't order an entree and we request payment in advance.
Stuffed with crab meat – delicious.
Darwin award nominees.
Mushrooms are consumed routinely, obviously. Perhaps the people who were served the meal didn't expect the poisonous variety. This hardly makes them Darwin Award Nominees. Darwin Awards should be reserved for those special few who truly do stupid things and end up paying for it.
I'm pretty sure if you're about to be served "Death Cap" mushrooms, you would be notified. Darwin award winners indeed.
I knew that Tea tasted Bad.....Colors MAN.
Sounds like that was a bad trip.
cool story bro
Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.
Join 8,167 other followers