Police have arrested 10 suspects in the sale of toxic, illegally brewed liquor that has left at least 168 people dead in the Indian state of West Bengal, an official said Friday.
Hundreds were sickened from the contaminated moonshine and 100 people remain hospitalized, said Narayan Swamy Nigam, chief of a district south of the city of Kolkata in eastern India.
Methanol was detected in the bodies of the victims, mainly poor villagers who flooded hospitals after drinking the hooch.
Read 168 dead after drinking toxic moonshine in eastern India
Definately not Gentleman Jack!
NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO......
Menthol? Did it give the hooch a clean, fresh taste? How about methanol?
It says methanol, idiot.
Its methanol, and it is created first when distilling. When distilling ethanol, the first few percent of distillate has to be discarded because it is methanol and is toxic, causing blindness or death.
i gather the contaminated moonshine didnt go through the correct process isnt that how MENTHOL was still evident or not please educate me
Um, read the article again. It was either a typo that was quickly corrected or you simply didn't pay attention the first time around... Try sounding out the words if you're a bit slow; sometimes that helps...
Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.
Join 8,075 other followers