November 18th, 2011

Eatocracy editors Kat Kinsman and Sarah LeTrent team up with CNN Money to prepare a full Thanksgiving meal for eight people for less than $75. Talk about kicking Thanksgiving food shopping right in the giblets!

Fretting about the countdown to Turkey Day? Never fear, Eatocracy is here with answers to your burning questions and no-fail recipes. Find our full Thanksgiving guide here.

Posted by:
Filed under: Bite • Holidays • Thanksgiving • Think • Video

1. Tom

If you want to more realistic challenge, use your budget as the match of common food stamps of $1.50 per plate.

November 21, 2011 at 3:36 pm | Reply
  2. kasey

Starting today on my blog, http://frugalmomdiner.blogspot.com/, I'm goin to do this for even less. I'll have the shopping list up this afternoon, then prep will start tomorrow. Stop by for recipes and tips.

November 19, 2011 at 7:24 am | Reply
  3. RichardHead

I'm still waiting on my invite......What time's dinner?

November 18, 2011 at 7:05 pm | Reply
  4. Elizabeth

She could have shaved a lot more off this tab if she'd chosen a healther and more traditional way to prepare the turkey. Suggesting that readers spend $15.98 on grease to FRY the meat when roasting is not only cheaper but better for us is irresponsible.

November 18, 2011 at 6:30 pm | Reply
  5. Jerv™

That's awesome. I scored my bird this year at Kroger for 5 bucks.

November 18, 2011 at 1:22 pm | Reply
    • neepsandtats @Jerv

HOW DID YOU DO THAT??

November 18, 2011 at 5:49 pm | Reply
  6. Truth™@Kat

Are you in Brooklyn? The reason I ask is that your place looks HUGE. Most kitchens I have seen in Manhattan are tiny.

You have a beautiful home though, where ever it is located.

November 18, 2011 at 1:15 pm | Reply