Coffee klatsch
November 11th, 2011

Pssst! Got a sec to chat?

Posted by:
Filed under: Buzz • Coffee Klatsch

1. JBJingles_from the casa

Guess I need my glasses, cause I spelled my name wrong! LOL

Oh, and my newly acquired iPad 2 has Face Time on it, so I got to talk to my daughter, SIL, and the kids last night, that was great to see them too!

November 13, 2011 at 10:21 am |
  2. RichardHead

Good Sunday Morning Chumarinos....Almost forgot to post my picks.....
    Kansas City Chiefs, SF 49'ers, New England and Green Bay. Have a Great Sunday All. :))

November 13, 2011 at 10:21 am |
    • JBJingles_from the casa@RH

He's ALIIIIVE!! How's the back doin??

November 13, 2011 at 10:22 am |
      • RichardHead@JBJ

It feels like 1000 screaming Banshees with tiny needles poking my lower right back and proceeding down my right leg.Can't sit upright for too long or everything cramps up...So fun. How's the weekend going?

November 13, 2011 at 10:32 am |
      • JBJingles_from the casa@RH

So sorry to hear that! Have you tried a heating pad or ice? I guess WD failed her massage therapy class, huh? And someone yesterday wanted to know just what you did to throw your back out?? ;)

Weekend is goo, having fun playing on the iPhad! LOL

November 13, 2011 at 10:36 am |
    • RichardHead@JBJ

Oh yea, the heating pad is my best friendsie right now. I was placing my 38 lb. Butterball into the truck when it popped. Truth called me last nite and with the pills the Dr. gave me I wonder if he could understand what I was trying to say...HA! Guess I'm just getting old...:(((

November 13, 2011 at 10:45 am |
      • JBJingles_from the casa@RH

Oh, that sux. As mom always says, "getting old is not for sissies"!! Take care of yourself...

November 13, 2011 at 10:48 am |
  3. JBJimgles_from the casa

Good Sunday Morning all! AleeD – Hope the floors got done just fine... RH – You need to check in my friend, a bad back is no excuse! Super cold here (for us anyway), beef bourgignon yesterday was deeeelish, potatoe and leek soup today and some type of biscuit...I have a bunch of leftover thyme and some cheddar, so not sure those will go well in a dough? Hubs is off to the hispanic market for some fresh pico de gallo, he's making machaca for breakfast, yum.

November 13, 2011 at 10:19 am |
  4. AleeD From Home Sweet Home

Happy Saturday to all!
    JBJingles, did your new iPad help you land safely yesterday? :D
    Rich, hope WD trimmed her claws before she started your massage therapy. HA!
    The flooring guys are here and the installation has begun! Please keep your fingers crossed that all goes well.

November 12, 2011 at 8:40 am |
  5. Truth

Ok folks, I am out...meeting a buddy of mine for dinner, then to a board (bored?...seems more appropriate) meeting.

Safe weekend all!

November 11, 2011 at 2:51 pm |
  6. Jerv@All

Alrighte-o. Since the mod bots won't let me post my KFC comment I'm taking my marbles and going to play elsewhere. Ha! Safe landing JBJ. Hope the back feels better RicH. Let us know how the back massage training with WD goes. Y'all have a great weekend Boooo-Raaaah!!

November 11, 2011 at 2:41 pm |
  7. Jerv

1. Your comment is awaiting mo der ation.
    "egg wa rsh" LOL! I vaguely remember those commercials in the 70s or so. I do remember there being a K F C that had a big bucket sign that was bu sted and did not twirl. Interesting, the commercials even then showed a bucket heaping full but when you actually buy it , it's about a quarter filled with chicken. Or whatever it is K F C is calling chicken now.
    November 11, 2011 at 12:50 pm | Reply

November 11, 2011 at 1:35 pm |
  8. Jbjingles@37085 ft

Somewhere over NM. what is everyone doing/cooking this weekend?

November 11, 2011 at 1:19 pm |
    • Truth@JBJ

I am thinking a pork roast for tomorrow night and something easy for Sunday. How about you?

November 11, 2011 at 1:24 pm |
    • AleeD@Jbjingles@37085 ft

I'm not thinking beyond getting the floor installed ..... tomorrow. I'm trying to stay quietly and cautiously optimistic. Am failing miserably. ;) S'ok tho'. There's a Granny Smith Woodchuck in the fridge with my name on it. Tonight I will have it and that should calm me down ...... some.

November 11, 2011 at 1:31 pm |
    • Jerv@JBJ and Truth

Roast sounds good, Truth. I'm in luck! My pops will be in this weekend so we will be doing country fried steak and fried spaghetti. I'm going to take him to a steakhouse for Veterans day as well. What you got cooking, JBJ?

November 11, 2011 at 1:33 pm |
      • Jbjingles@37085 ft@Jerv

do tell how one fries spaghetti? sounds interesting tho

November 11, 2011 at 1:38 pm |
      • Jbjingles - on initial descent

watched The Good Teacher w Cameron Diaz and 2 episodes of Curb Your Enthusiasm. time to get ready to land have a good evening all.

November 11, 2011 at 2:12 pm |
      • Jerv@JBJ

Cook the pasta like you always do. Then in a frying pan, cook in some peanut oil and slowly stir in some egg. I've tried to do it but it never comes out as good as his.

November 11, 2011 at 2:38 pm |
    • Jbjingles@37085 ft@Truth

i just checked our weather...rain and cold all weekend so some kind of chowder/stew or slow cooked for hours!

November 11, 2011 at 1:34 pm |
      • Truth@JBJ

Beef or venison stew in cold weather is just heaven!

November 11, 2011 at 1:54 pm |
  9. Jerv

Your comment is awaiting moderation.
    "egg warsh" LOL! I vaguely remember those commercials in the 70s or so. I do remember there being a KFC that had a big bucket sign that was bu sted and did not twirl. Interesting, the commercials even then showed a bucket heaping full but when you actually buy it , it's about a quarter filled with chicken. Or whatever it is KFC is calling chicken now.
    November 11, 2011 at 12:50 pm | Reply

November 11, 2011 at 12:59 pm |
  10. Jerv

"egg warsh" LOL! I vaguely remember those commercials in the 70s or so. I do remember there being a KFC that had a big bucket sign that was busted and did not twirl. Interesting, the commercials even then showed a bucket heaping full but when you actually buy it , it's about a quarter filled with chicken. Or whatever it is KFC is calling chicken now.

November 11, 2011 at 12:50 pm |
    • Jerv

Your comment is awaiting moderation.

"egg warsh" LOL! I vaguely remember those commercials in the 70s or so. I do remember there being a K F C that had a big bucket sign that was busted and did not twirl. Interesting, the commercials even then showed a bucket heaping full but when you actually buy it , it's about a quarter filled with chicken. Or whatever it is K F C is calling chicken now.

November 11, 2011 at 12:50 pm | Reply

November 11, 2011 at 12:52 pm |
  11. Jbjingles@35996 ft

Has anyone heaRd From rh? Getting worried about him. :(

November 11, 2011 at 11:21 am |
    • Truth@JBJ

I talked to him yesterday. He is laid up with back issues and it trying to train WD to walk on his back and massage it. I am more concerned with what he was doing to throw his back out in the first place. Hmmmmmm...

November 11, 2011 at 11:31 am |
      • Jbjingles@35996 ft@Truth

Hmmmm. He's got some splainin to do!

November 11, 2011 at 11:38 am |
      • AleeD@Truth & JBJ™ via new iPad on Cheapo Air

Good to know that most of him is ok. Maybe he should schedule some time in the dungeon. I have straps and can hang him on the pole .....

November 11, 2011 at 12:43 pm |
  12. Breaking News!

Attention all current or former Veterans. Stop by your nearest Applebee's anytime today for a free entree from a limited menu. Please bring with you, your pay statement, DD214, picture in uniform, or ID card for verification purposes.

You may now return to your normally scheduled Eatocracy.

November 11, 2011 at 10:56 am |
    • AleeD@Breaking News!

If it was up to me, all active duty military personnel would eat free at all restaurants. Immediate family would eat at cost or less.

November 11, 2011 at 12:40 pm |

Denver
      Safe Francisco
      New England
      Green Bay

November 11, 2011 at 12:20 pm |
  14. Jbjingles@33952 ft

Army brat here, father was career and pow in Korea happy vets day.

November 11, 2011 at 10:43 am |
  15. Ms. Grammar

HAPPY VETERANS DAY! We are a service family. Mom and Dad met in the Air Force during end of Korean War/Conflict; dated for 6 weeks; got married, and were together for 53 years. Cute fact: Mom made Sergeant 6 months before Dad did (she used to bring that up every once in a while). Baby sister retired from Air Force as Master Staff Sergeant after 21 years. Baby brother did a tour in the Army as an MP in Germany during Gulf War.

Thank you to all our veterans who served to protect our way of life and our country.

November 11, 2011 at 10:34 am |
    • Jerv@Ms. Grammar

Amen to that. And sounds like you have quite a few career military folks in you family. My pops put in 24 years in the Navy.

November 11, 2011 at 12:11 pm |
  16. DJChilllyPhil, Jukebox King & Cold Stone God

Good morning everyone!

A big thank you to all the veterans in the Klatsch as well as those that are currently on active duty. My cousin got back from a tour of Afghanistan not too long ago...

Also, since it IS 11/11/11, today has also been declared National Metal Day! So in that spirit...

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UeWxZwDrNVk&w=640&h=390]

November 11, 2011 at 10:27 am |
    • Jerv@DJC

If I start working out again, that's what I'm listening to. There was some old school metal band that did a sandman song, do you know what the band is?

November 11, 2011 at 12:23 pm |
      • AleeD@Jerv & DJCP

Enter Sandman by Metallica?

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QP-SIW6iKY&w=640&h=390]

November 11, 2011 at 12:35 pm |
      • Jerv@DJC and AleeD

That's it! I had a friend in college that listened to that song all the time.

November 11, 2011 at 12:42 pm |
      • AleeD@Jerv & DJCP

All the time? Dang. ;)
        This is my fave by them:
        [youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Db1s-eV-Bd0&w=640&h=390]

November 11, 2011 at 12:46 pm |
      • Jerv@DJC and AleeD

Literally, all the time. He would play it over and over.

Interestingly, like you this morning, I just had an innocuous post about K F C moderated. What gives with that crap? We have trolls that get through with d ichead and f uck. Go figure.

November 11, 2011 at 12:56 pm |
      • AleeD@Jerv

Doesn't make sense to me either. I hope Kat or Sarah can explain it to us.

November 11, 2011 at 1:22 pm |
  17. MicheleG™

At this moment it says 9 comments but I see only 8. Once I "publish" this it will say 10 but 9 will show......... Kat? SLT? Can you tell us what's happening?

November 11, 2011 at 9:12 am |
    • Jerv@MicG

Hello there MicG. I've noticed the same thing. And then there are some days where the count is correct. I sense a conspiracy.

November 11, 2011 at 12:24 pm |
      • MicheleG™

Too true....odd ball things happening around here!

November 11, 2011 at 12:27 pm |
    • AleeD@Jerv & MicG™

Need more sporks to tune up the 'lectronix!

November 11, 2011 at 12:38 pm |
  18. faith

Happy Friday everyone! Busy day ahead. I'm helping a friend set up her goods to sell at a craft show tomorrow.

Happy Veterans day to my fellow Vets. I, for one, gained so much more than I was required to give during my time in the military. I think of those who sacrificed everything and am extremely grateful.

November 11, 2011 at 9:05 am |
    • MicheleG™

Well, Happy Veteran's Day to you! What branch? When?
      (I realize this is a very public forum but tell us what you can?)

November 11, 2011 at 9:09 am |
      • faith

I was in the Air Force from 1993-1997. Mostly stayed in New Mexico but spent some time in the Middle East during late 96 and early 97.

November 11, 2011 at 9:59 am |
      • MicheleG™

Well thank you for your service!

Glad you are with us in the Klatsch, too!

November 11, 2011 at 10:15 am |
  19. Truth

Good morning all, and MANY thanks to our service members, both past and present.

Coffee is on, and donuts are in the back. Enjoy!

November 11, 2011 at 8:20 am |
    • The Witty One@Truth

For some reason, when I read that I got an image of an AA meeting going on :)

November 11, 2011 at 10:02 am |
      • Truth@TWO

It works if you work it, so keep coming back!
        Now let's join hands and recite the Lord's Prayer...:)

November 11, 2011 at 10:12 am |
      • The Witty One@Truth

Hi, my name is Wit and I'm an addict. It's been 5 days since my last drink.

November 11, 2011 at 10:25 am |
      • Truth@TWO

Actually, one of the best television shows of all time was back in the 1980s and was "Hill Street Blues". One of my favorite scenes was when one detective with a serious alcohol problem finally finds his way to an AA meeting, and when asked to introduce himself, winds up being greeted by his police Captain, who was a longtime AA attendee. Good stuff there.

November 11, 2011 at 10:28 am |
      • The Witty One@Truth

That's before my time, my friend :)

November 11, 2011 at 11:35 am |
      • Chuckle of the Day@Truth and 2

After a husbands fifth trip to the host's bar for refills,
        the wife said, "Aren't you embarrassed to go back so many times?"
        Hubby: Nope. I keep telling them it's for you.

November 11, 2011 at 12:27 pm |
      • The Witty One

HA!

November 11, 2011 at 12:35 pm |
  20. MicheleG™

Howdy ho on a going to be more or less rainy Veteran's Day! Have to do something for my BF, a Navy vet but I'm not sure what to do. (I know, I'm late on the planning part....)

GOOD Morning Hugs to all!

November 11, 2011 at 8:11 am |
  21. Jerv

Good morning all. Trying some propel zero, blueberry pomegranate. It's nasty. Tastes like watered down blue koolaid. How bout we go with some sweet instead. Boooo-Raaaah! Friday! Hope you are feeling better RicH!

November 11, 2011 at 7:39 am |
    • Jerv

...sweet tea that is...

November 11, 2011 at 7:39 am |
  22. JBJingLes

Good morning
    From my iPad2!!!!

November 11, 2011 at 6:25 am |
    • AleeD@JBJ

Good morning! Are you using your iPad perchance because you're flying? Or was your iPad saying good morning and you're still asleep? ;)

November 11, 2011 at 7:28 am |
      • The Witty One

Good morning everyone!

Thanks to all the service members for everything they have done to make this country what it is today!

November 11, 2011 at 10:04 am |
      • Jbjingles@33952 ft

AleeD – just bought the iPad yesterday so i was playing ;). Still getting the hang of this.

November 11, 2011 at 10:45 am |