Coffee klatsch
October 3rd, 2011

Pssst! Got a sec to chat?

Posted by:
Filed under: Buzz • Coffee Klatsch

1. SeaBee

Greetings and salutations! No need for a search party, I just need EG's minions to find me a few more hours in my day... So much busier with the new job, and by the time I have a spare moment everyone's checked out.... So sad.
    Missing all of my Klatschie-Flamenons terribly.

October 3, 2011 at 6:55 pm | Reply
    • MicheleG

Well, we're still here for you! Er, here and there.............from time to time...............it's complicated! ((Hugs!))

October 3, 2011 at 7:27 pm | Reply
  2. Truth

Ok folks, I am out. Will talk to y'all in the morning. Be well!

October 3, 2011 at 5:59 pm | Reply
  3. Breaking News!

This just in: Amanda Knox has had her conviction overturned. Her immediate plans include joining OJ and Casey Anthony in the search for the Real Killers, after finding a place where she can get some good Italian tonight.

You may now resume your regularly scheduled Eatocracy.

October 3, 2011 at 4:11 pm | Reply
    • Evil Grin

I heard they were all going to co-write a book titled "If your case is public enough, you're automatically innocent."

October 3, 2011 at 4:15 pm | Reply
    • Richard Kimble

What about me and the one armed man?

October 3, 2011 at 4:17 pm | Reply
    • Evil Grin

Whoops. One day back, and I already got myself moderated. I assume the robots have started their uprising again?

October 3, 2011 at 4:20 pm | Reply
      • Queen of Everything@EG

Robots or zombies, either one. Last week there was a call to arm ourselves with sporks in preparation.

October 3, 2011 at 4:23 pm | Reply
      • RichardHead@EG

No worries...I've been hit twice...Sigh.

October 3, 2011 at 4:23 pm | Reply
      • Evil Grin

Nah, it's funny. I'll just have to be more careful. I believe my mistake was probably the word "t i tled".

Looks like I need to catch up on my words of the day and expand my vocabulary to prevent that.

October 3, 2011 at 4:26 pm | Reply
      • Amber Alert Patrol@Mr. Grin

We have to make sure you are who you say you are. Please step down to the dungeon and leave a spec!men on the pole. We'll swab it for DNA later. Thank you for your cooperation.

October 3, 2011 at 5:01 pm | Reply
      • Evil Grin

Hm... intriguing request. This... pole you speak of. It's nowhere near the cold stone table, correct? Because I am not going near that thing.

October 3, 2011 at 5:05 pm | Reply
  4. JBJingles@Amber Alert Patrol

Please add SeaBee (although he made a brief appearance last week), Tazer, and wendy to your list of MIA....

October 3, 2011 at 3:49 pm | Reply
    • Amber Alert Patrol

What about mare?

October 3, 2011 at 3:51 pm | Reply
    • JBJingles@AAP

Yes and Mare too! Geez we are missing quite a few folks these days.

October 3, 2011 at 3:56 pm | Reply
    • Queen of Everything@AAP

And Dave the 1st, SaraEllen and Georgia Peach. My goodness, we're dropping like flies!

October 3, 2011 at 4:00 pm | Reply
      • Truth@Queen, AAP

They are disappearing!
        This is all part of a vast and far reaching liberal conspiracy, I tell you!

October 3, 2011 at 4:35 pm | Reply
      • Queen of Everything@Truth

They were probably all the same people too.

October 3, 2011 at 4:38 pm | Reply
      • Amber Alert Patrol

And here I thought the Queen said it was a Zombie conspiracy. I can't keep up. ;)

October 3, 2011 at 4:50 pm | Reply
      • Queen of Everything@AAP

The zombies are causing the posting problems. The liberals are kidnapping our friends. Try to keep up with the program, my friend.

October 3, 2011 at 4:53 pm | Reply
  5. Truth

Ok, who amongst us is "Seann" on the nachos thread?

October 3, 2011 at 2:01 pm | Reply
    • Jerv@Truth

Haha! I saw that too but definitely not me.

October 3, 2011 at 2:05 pm | Reply
    • RichardHead

October 3, 2011 at 2:06 pm | Reply
    • Truth@RichHead, Jerv

Well done Bro!
      Always good to stir the pot.

And speakin gof Pot, I had a great time at the concert on Friday. Not much better than GD tunes at Red Rocks in fall.

October 3, 2011 at 2:13 pm | Reply
    • Jerv@Truth

Oh yeah, I meant ot ask you about that. I bet it was awesome. Was there a lot of o-ray-gah-no being passed around or do they not do that anymore?

October 3, 2011 at 2:23 pm | Reply
      • Henny Youngman

They don't do it any less.

October 3, 2011 at 2:24 pm | Reply
      • Cheech Marin

You'll need two hands but pass this down,Buddy.

October 3, 2011 at 2:27 pm | Reply
      • Truth@RichHead, Jerv

Actually a ton. I was hoping that it did not permeate my shirt too much, as I didn't want Bride to think I was partaking (not that I was...I will be needing to pass a UA soon). Good show though. Chris Robinson of The Black Crows showed up for the second set.
        Here's the setlist:
        Set 1: Aiko Aiko, Greatest Story Ever Told > Cold Rain and Snow, Me and My Uncle, Ramble on Rose, Loser, Money for Gasoline, Box of Rain

Set 2: You Ain't Going Nowhere (1) (2), Hard to Handle (2), Two Souls in Communion (2) (3), Cryptical Envelopment > The Other One > Cryptical Envelopment > The Wheel > Supplication Jam > Death Don't Have No Mercy, Scarlet Begonias > I Know You Rider E: Attics Of My Life

Comment: (1) Bob Dylan cover, first time played by Furthur
        (2) with Chris Robinson

(3) last/only other Two Souls: 3/12/10

October 3, 2011 at 2:28 pm | Reply
      • Jerv@Truth and RicH

Sounds like the concert was da bong I mean the bomb. So, who does the NFL nose picks this week? I'll catch you guys tomorrow morning. Have a great afternoon!

October 3, 2011 at 2:59 pm | Reply
      • RichardHead

Be careful Lil' Buddy. I think it's my turn,what say you Truth?

October 3, 2011 at 3:03 pm | Reply
      • Truth@RichHead, Jerv

See you tomorrow Jerv – Rumor has it that TB is going with a different class of starters tonight:

October 3, 2011 at 3:06 pm | Reply
  6. Mildred

Jaina- Damn, I was in NYC Saturday afternoon!

I went to a tea shop called Tea & Sympathy (in the West Village) and had afternoon tea. The same owner has a fish-n-chips shop two doors down called A Salt & Battery.

BTW, Hello everyone!

October 3, 2011 at 12:57 pm | Reply
    • Jerv@Mil

How's it going? I was in NYC once in my early 20s. It scarred the bejezuz out of me. A Salt & Battery, clever name.

October 3, 2011 at 1:09 pm | Reply
  7. JainaJade

Good afternoon! had a great weekend in NYC with the boy and his family, lots of good food and good convo. His sister made the most amazing Mocha Cheesecake as our birthday cake...out of this world AMAZING!

October 3, 2011 at 12:36 pm | Reply
    • Jerv@JJ

Wow, that does sound great. Did she share her recipe or is it top secret? I scored Battlestar Galactica seasons 1 through 3 for 19 bucks each over the weekend.

October 3, 2011 at 12:46 pm | Reply
  8. Evil Grin

Hello chums.

Sorry for the long absence. Hope everyone has been doing well.

October 3, 2011 at 12:32 pm | Reply
    • RichardHead@EG

Hey Bro, How 'ya feeling? Did the minions take care of you?

October 3, 2011 at 12:42 pm | Reply
    • Jerv@EG

Holy crap EG, what kind of evil sickness did you have?

October 3, 2011 at 12:47 pm | Reply
    • Evil Grin

I guess karma has a way of catching up to you, when you're as evil as I am.

October 3, 2011 at 12:49 pm | Reply
    • Mildred

Hey there! Glad you're back.

October 3, 2011 at 12:58 pm | Reply
      • Evil Grin

Thanks, I'm glad to be back. Finally.

October 3, 2011 at 1:32 pm | Reply
    • Queen of Everything@EG

Oh my gosh! Thank goodness you're back! Now we just have to send out a scouting party for MTMiner.

October 3, 2011 at 3:25 pm | Reply
      • RichardHead@Queen

Let us also not forget, SirB,Mare,Snowbunny and faith who I think is in training for her run.

October 3, 2011 at 3:29 pm | Reply
      • Truth@RichHead, Queen

And can we put out an Amber Alert for JDizz? I was hoping he would show up before our moriv premier later this month...

October 3, 2011 at 3:34 pm | Reply
      • Truth@RichHead, Queen

make that "movie premiere"...

October 3, 2011 at 3:35 pm | Reply
    • Kat Kinsman

Howdy! Lovely to see you back. SLT is out sick today, but I'm delighted by your return.

October 3, 2011 at 3:47 pm | Reply
    • JBJingles@EG

Glad to see the return! Have the minions kept you tied up in the dungeon?

October 3, 2011 at 3:55 pm | Reply
    • Evil Grin

Wow! Thanks everyone. I had no idea I was so missed. I sure missed all of you, though.

Just for heads up, this may occasionally happen once in awhile, though I hope not. And hopefully not for so long the next time.

And no, the minions didn't lock me away. They would be in fear for their lives should they have done so. Great Fear. I'd prefer not to go into it in detail, but it's kind of a chronic illness thing. I'm working on it, though.

Sad to hear I wasn't the only absentee. What happened, end of the year vacations?

October 3, 2011 at 4:10 pm | Reply
      • Queen of Everything@EG

Well, SeaBee's been working hard, Tazer dumped us for her blog (which is funny as hell, by the way) and MTMiner went hunting and never came back. I'm pretty sure he's being held hostage by a bear.

October 3, 2011 at 4:20 pm | Reply
      • Evil Grin

Looks like I should send out the minions to find SeeBee and MTM and bring them back safely. Taze will just have to find her way back when she remembers us little people she left behind.

October 3, 2011 at 4:22 pm | Reply
      • Amber Alert Patrol@EG

We have to make sure it's really you ... since you have trained the minions so well ... Please step down to the dungeon and leave a specimen on the pole. We'll swab it for DNA later. Thank you.

October 3, 2011 at 4:55 pm | Reply
      • Amber Alert Patrol@D@mn Zombies

Make up your mind....geez.

October 3, 2011 at 5:02 pm | Reply
  9. MicheleG

Greets. The lack of focus in the photo on top reminds me of how the world looks before I put my glasses on.................

October 3, 2011 at 11:25 am | Reply
    • Jerv@MicG

Hello there pretty lady. I know the feeling. I have to put my glasses on to see the alarm clock time.

October 3, 2011 at 11:52 am | Reply
      • MicheleG

I "Brake" for compliments! Thanks!

October 3, 2011 at 12:14 pm | Reply
  10. JBJingles

Good morning all! High of 79 today, yeah a cold front! We hit 98 on Saturday, so it's time to give the a/c a rest already. How was everyones weekend? I made my moms Dutch Potatoe Salad yesterday from a 30+ year old recipe, so good.

October 3, 2011 at 10:48 am | Reply
    • Jerv@JBJ

You gonna share that recipe with us??

October 3, 2011 at 12:13 pm | Reply
      • JBJingles@Jerv

I'll scan it in the puter tonight to share!

October 3, 2011 at 1:45 pm | Reply
      • Jerv@JBJ

Thank you so much?

October 3, 2011 at 1:52 pm | Reply
  11. DJChilllyPhil, Jukebox King & Cold Stone God

Good morning klatschkies! Hope everyone had a nice wekeend.

Me and my brother played through an entire video game's story campaign in one sitting on Saturday to help raise money for children's hospitals. It was a good weekend. =)

October 3, 2011 at 9:45 am | Reply
    • Jerv@DJP

Great job, DJC. Was that all day Saturday? Can you tell us how much you raised?

October 3, 2011 at 11:53 am | Reply
      • DJChilllyPhil, Jukebox King & Cold Stone God@Jerv

Well, we were playing something else in the morning from 9:00 AM, but we started playing this particular one at around 10:00 or 11:00 AM and were finishing up the credits at around 9:00 PM, including a few bathroom breaks and lunch. We then had dinner and I crashed on my bed for a bit shortly afterward.

I raised a total of $395 that's going to be donated to the Miami Children's Hospital Foundation.

It was a lot of fun and I'm definitely going to be looking out for it next year. While there is another such event that's coming up in 2 weeks, that one is an entire commitment of going a full 24 hours. I don't think I can pull that off just yet!

October 3, 2011 at 3:24 pm | Reply
  12. The Witty One

Top of the morning all! Just wanted to pop in and wish everyone the best :)

On a side note, does anyone know a good moat builder/digger? I think I want to have a moat surrounding my cube at work...

October 3, 2011 at 9:35 am | Reply
    • Queen of Everything@TWO

Tazer has a metal spork she may be willing to loan to you for digging purposes. If EG ever shows up again, maybe he'll loan you a minion.

October 3, 2011 at 9:39 am | Reply
      • The Witty One@QOE

I also have a spork :) It's just a plain black spork....with a pirate temporary tatoo! It's a shame pirate sporks are so lazy or I would put that matey to work! Argh!

October 3, 2011 at 9:44 am | Reply
      • Queen of Everything@TWO

Only a temporary tattoo? Your spork sounds like a wuss.

October 3, 2011 at 10:17 am | Reply
  13. Jerv@RicH

Love the apron, that's the best! Well, beginning of the month and work is calling. Talk at cha later!

October 3, 2011 at 8:36 am | Reply
  14. Truth

Good morning all!
    A beautiful morning here in the MHC, even with the pathetic mess that was yesterday's Broncos game.

My prediction for tonight: TB 21, IND 10.

How is everyone today?

October 3, 2011 at 8:34 am | Reply
    • RichardHead@Truth

Good Morning Bro... You must be assuming that Indianapolis can even count to 10 even when spotted the first 9.

October 3, 2011 at 8:41 am | Reply
      • Truth@RichHead

Rumor has it that the Bucs are letting the Tampa Bay Elementary School play the first quarter, so it may in interesting.

Sounds like you and WD are enjoying a great morning. Definitely something to be said for October. My absolute favorite month of the year.

October 3, 2011 at 8:53 am | Reply
      • RichardHead@Truth

Ohhhhhh,a Queenie Burn,hahahaha. I'll be back shortly,the Beauty Shop calls.

October 3, 2011 at 9:00 am | Reply
      • Queen of Everything@Richard, Truth

Burn? You call that a burn? I've been burned worse by the non-English speaking clerk at the Speedway station. Try again, boys.

October 3, 2011 at 9:43 am | Reply
  15. RichardHead

Rise and Shine Chumarinos....It's the start of a New week. Hope you All had a fantastic weekend. Coffee is ready,tea pot is heating and WD is excited 'cuz she is going to the Beauty Shop this morning. Let's make it a Great Day,All.

October 3, 2011 at 7:00 am | Reply
    • Jerv@RicH

What's going on, dude! Rainly dreary cold day here in VA. Looks like I didn't do too bad on my picks. Saw the GB game through the third quarter. They crushed Denver.

October 3, 2011 at 7:57 am | Reply
    • RichardHead

Morning Lil'Buddy,Another Beautiful Day in Katy......54 degrees and WD and I are sitting on the patio drinking coffee. You did damn Good on picks my friend. I heard Truth screaming all the way down here. HA!! O.K. here are the latest standings for the NFL Nose Pickers on Coffee Klatsch--
      1. Truth 8-5
      2. RH 8-5
      3. JERV 7-4
      4. Sports Dork aka Sir Biddle..DNP 6-2
      5 Queenie 4-3,Sadly this is what happens when you COPY answers from your Best Friendsies paper. :))
      May I also add Tony Romo and The Indianapolis Dolts STILL suck.

October 3, 2011 at 8:09 am | Reply
      • Jerv@RicH

Haha! NFL Nose pickers. When I was a rug rat, we used to sing that Dr. Pepper commercial "I'm a picker you're a picker." Good times. I tried to watch some news yesterday but had to turn the set off. It is so fraking depressing. Well, at least it's football season! Go Packers!

October 3, 2011 at 8:25 am | Reply
      • RichardHead@Jerv

I hear 'ya Buddy. For a good laugh and nice eye candy go to yesterdays Lounge thread and check out JBJ's pictures from her trip. :))

October 3, 2011 at 8:29 am | Reply
      • JBJingles@RH

I don't think I've ever been referred to as "eye candy"! Thanks. Hopefully you were talking about my pic not Deadeye and the Barmaid!? ;)

October 3, 2011 at 10:56 am | Reply
      • Jerv@JBJ@RicH

If he were SirB talking about eye candy then he would definitely be talking about Deadeye.

October 3, 2011 at 12:22 pm | Reply
      • RichardHead@JBJ

Of course I was speaking of you. :))

October 3, 2011 at 12:34 pm | Reply
      • JBJingles@RH

Awww, thanks! That made my day... ;)

October 3, 2011 at 3:50 pm | Reply