September 14th, 2011
02:00 PM ET
Share this on:

An 80-year-old woman who died after being found unconscious in a restroom at an eastern Georgia McDonald's was killed by a lethal dose of carbon dioxide, authorities said Wednesday.

An investigation determined that a "bleed line" on the tank used to carbonate beverages in the McDonald's drink dispenser was "improperly disconnected within the wall cavity," Pooler, Georgia, Police Chief Mark Revenew said.

This caused carbon dioxide to build up in the restroom, which was in close proximity to the tank, "in a potentially lethal concentration," he said.

Read the full story - "Police: Carbon dioxide led to death in McDonald's bathroom"

Posted by:
Filed under: Fast Food • McDonald's • News


soundoff (2 Responses)
  1. Hamburglar

    Told you McDonald's caused gas.

    September 14, 2011 at 3:55 pm |
    • jillmarie@hamburglar

      OMG, LOL! that was a funny comment. I do feel bad for those involved, though.

      September 14, 2011 at 4:48 pm |
Pinterest
 
| Part of
Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 7,650 other followers