One woman died and at least eight other people were hospitalized after being exposed to an odor at a McDonald's restaurant in eastern Georgia, a police chief said Thursday.
Police and fire personnel were called to one of the chain's restaurants in Pooler, just west of Savannah, about 11:50 a.m. Wednesday, Pooler Police Chief Mark Revenew said.
Upon arrival, first responders found two people unconscious in the women's restroom and also "became stricken (by) an odor," according to Revenew.
Visit Eatocracy’s new home
Don't miss a single new story. Visit us at our (temporary) new home on CNN.com