Coffee klatsch
August 31st, 2011

Pssst! Got a sec to chat?

Posted by:
Filed under: Buzz • Coffee Klatsch

1. April Miser

Oh my goodness! an incredible article dude. Thanks Nonetheless I'm experiencing difficulty with ur rss . Don�t know why Unable to subscribe to it. Is there anybody getting similar rss downside? Anybody who is aware of kindly respond. Thnkx

December 20, 2013 at 3:18 am | Reply
  2. Bunny Mince

There are some fascinating time limits on this article however I don�t know if I see all of them middle to heart. There's some validity however I'll take maintain opinion till I look into it further. Good article , thanks and we would like extra! Added to FeedBurner as properly

December 13, 2013 at 5:15 am | Reply
  3. TX4UREXKARLENE

What Wonderful pictures on the coffee Klatsch

September 1, 2011 at 12:16 am | Reply
  4. stephen

I have decided to join in the call for donuts .....but only on saturdays. I have been eating as much as I want and whatever I want every saturday. I have lost 38 pounds in the 3 month I have been eating like that.

September 1, 2011 at 12:08 am | Reply
  5. TX4UREXKARLENE

Good Luck , Richard :-)

August 31, 2011 at 8:49 pm | Reply
  6. RichardHead

Gawd I wish Tazer was here,it couldn't get any better......My Boss,whose name is Lynn just called and said" So,How did you blow out two tires on one side of the trailer"? Well,how does one answer that question? Ummmm...Sorry Boss, You've got crappy equipment,or I was just going for one on each side?

August 31, 2011 at 6:28 pm | Reply
    • Queen of Everything@Richard

Did you reply "Because I'm special like that:" ?

August 31, 2011 at 6:36 pm | Reply
    • Queen of Everything@Richard

How DID you blow out 2 tires on the same side of the trailer?

August 31, 2011 at 6:37 pm | Reply
      • RichardHead@Queen

Where are my Excedrins? The outside tire decided not to leave Florida, so he blew,then wrapped around the inside tire,which played your favorite song...She Bang,She Bang by William Hung and She Bang. I have a major headache now. :)))

August 31, 2011 at 6:51 pm | Reply
  7. JBJingles@RH

Yes, the bad boys kind of liked the car, but everyone ran when I pulled up at parties, pretty cool. I think they stripped the car of anything uselful, expcept the motor which was awesome, but it still had the little handle for the spotlight on the drivers side. And a very dull shade of gold. Hope you get fixed up soon and on the road, it must be boring as all to be stuck like that!

August 31, 2011 at 6:10 pm | Reply
    • RichardHead@JBJ

Thank You, but WD is doing an arobics class on the service road right now. :)) Tell Hubs Hi for me... Should be out of here shortly.

August 31, 2011 at 6:15 pm | Reply
      • JBJingles@RH

Note to self to sign Odie up for aerobics class! LOL Have a safe trip!

August 31, 2011 at 6:17 pm | Reply
  8. Queen of Everything

Sayonara, Truth!
    Did I miss something? Who the hell is "tootoo" and what is "virtul food"? Can we get some virtual doughnuts in the morning?

August 31, 2011 at 6:06 pm | Reply
    • RichardHead@Queen

Apple Fritters?

August 31, 2011 at 6:10 pm | Reply
      • Queen of Everything@Richard

Are you holding out on me, Richeypoo? Do you have fritters right now? I want my damn fritters, Richard!

August 31, 2011 at 6:24 pm | Reply
      • RichardHead@Queen

Darling,These were made from undisclosed establishments within an alligator environment. I could not recommend these fritters because of your stomach problems.

August 31, 2011 at 6:34 pm | Reply
    • JBJingles@Queen & RH

tootoo sounds very familiar like our vapor...last time he was here, he referenced "fak food", I took that to mean fake in his own special language.

August 31, 2011 at 6:12 pm | Reply
      • RichardHead@JBJ

Hmmm. maybe I should ask this Craig to decipher that message?

August 31, 2011 at 6:17 pm | Reply
  9. Truth

Ok gang, I am out. Have a good evening!

August 31, 2011 at 5:56 pm | Reply
    • RichardHead@Truth

Tell Mama Hi, I'm almost outa here. Tomorrow Bro.

August 31, 2011 at 6:02 pm | Reply
  10. tootoo

Oooh, ooohh- hope you all had fun passing out virtual food and yammering away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So lame.

August 31, 2011 at 5:29 pm | Reply
    • TuTU @ tootooo

Look under my TuTu,there is a surprise for you!!

August 31, 2011 at 5:31 pm | Reply
    • Evil Grin

We did, don't worry.

August 31, 2011 at 5:36 pm | Reply
      • Evil Grin

Wow. That's sounds really bad with Truth's comment right above. Ack.

August 31, 2011 at 5:36 pm | Reply
    • Truth@tootoo

Let me guess, you never got picked for ANYTHING in school, did you?
      And while you are pondering your painful adolescence, you can take your seat in the STFU cafe. Tonight's menu is all you can eat, so you will be there a while. Enjoy!

August 31, 2011 at 5:40 pm | Reply
      • tootoo

FALSE!

August 31, 2011 at 5:52 pm | Reply
      • TuTu @ tootooo

We know,You only like Beef sausage..it's o.k. just admit it and we can put it on the googles.

August 31, 2011 at 5:59 pm | Reply
  11. Truth

Ok gang, file this under the topic of "What the hell is wrong with people?"

August 31, 2011 at 5:19 pm | Reply
    • RichardHead@Truth

When did parents become afraid of their own children?

August 31, 2011 at 5:29 pm | Reply
    • Evil Grin

No kidding! That kid is crazy.

August 31, 2011 at 5:30 pm | Reply
    • Truth@RichHead, EGrin

Had I ever tried anything like that I would STILL be under house arrest.

August 31, 2011 at 5:35 pm | Reply
      • Evil Grin

The Evil parental unit would have murdered me before the axe hit the door, that's for sure. Then he'd probably have buried me in a remote wooded location and claimed I was sent to jail or something.

August 31, 2011 at 5:39 pm | Reply
      • RichardHead@Truth

House arrest my ass...They would still be scraping me off the front door with a putty knife.

August 31, 2011 at 5:41 pm | Reply
      • RichardHead@EG

Please try our new USPS mail forwarding cards. They will beat you there. :))

August 31, 2011 at 5:47 pm | Reply
  12. RichardHead@ALL

O.K. Here is how my day has gone....Queenie, you will LOve this one. Rescue Truck just pulled up behind Big Blue and this skinny kid named Craig,walks up to the drivers side door..."Sir, Do you realize that both right rear tires have been shredded"? Really Craig,I tried to miss the stop sticks that FHP threw out in front of my truck,Did I Fail? So,he goes back and looks one more time and then says,"Your axle is on the ground and I may have to jack it up if I have a hydraulic jack"? Soooo,Craig,Did you bring 2 tires? Yes Sir,just don't know if they are the right size? It's going to be a long night.

August 31, 2011 at 4:19 pm | Reply
    • Truth@RichHead

Were you anywhere nearby DEN, I would gladly pick you up and Bride can do up a batch of pho and cha gio, while Craig and Company jacked around (literally, it would appear) with Big Blue. Conmeo can play with WD and a good time would be had by all.

As PF said, "Wish you were here"...

August 31, 2011 at 4:28 pm | Reply
      • RichardHead@Truth

Oh Bro,I am still having a good laugh at this clown.....He has pulled his truck up twice to the trailer because his air hose won't reach,so I said " Hey Craig, Why don't you back it up on the side of the trailer"? "You mean off the Highway"? The real kicker is ,he has one proper size tire and will have to go back to alligator Florida to get another one of proper size. Phil, Is my Texas accent that bad when I say 2 tires and here are the sizes? Shoot me now, please. HA!

August 31, 2011 at 4:40 pm | Reply
      • Truth@RichHead

Bro, you have an accent that could be cut with a knife, but I think Craig is a kid who does not understand the value of getting it right the first time. He'll learn eventually. Probably.

August 31, 2011 at 4:58 pm | Reply
      • RichardHead@Truth

This is what happens when you are Bi-Lingual. Born in New York,Yet got that Texas accent. He is trying tho,Got the axel up and level, I can't see any damage to the rims and he has another person bringing another tire. Crappy retreads from what I can tell......

August 31, 2011 at 5:08 pm | Reply
    • Queen of Everything@Richard

So what exactly did he think you called him for if he was surprised to see 2 blown out tires? Did he think you just got lonely and needed someone to talk to? My Craig may be a clueless a$$ sometimes but he's not that bad.

August 31, 2011 at 4:32 pm | Reply
      • RichardHead@Queen

Don't go there,please....I think they are related. :))

August 31, 2011 at 4:41 pm | Reply
  13. Richard

Too bad there are many festivals, fireworks and labor day weekend events canceled due to the power outages across Connecticut. What does everyone plan on doing this weekend if power is not restored? Fortunately, grilling is still a viable option!

August 31, 2011 at 2:08 pm | Reply
  14. Evil Grin

Morning chums. Er... afternoon, actually. I'm in medieval mode, so I'm having a simple pork stew (roasted pork, cabbage, beans and onions) with a rye bread tureen. There's enough stew and bread tureens for all, if you're interested.

And some homemade mead. You cannot forget the right drink to go with the meal.

Today I am eating as a peasant would. A simple gruel, bread, cheese and fruit for dinner. (Though rice instead of barley. I don't much care for the barley version.) This weekend, the elaborate royal feasts. I miss my time re-enacting. Don't have the kind of time to participate anymore.

August 31, 2011 at 1:09 pm | Reply
    • Queen of Everything@EG

My friends and I used to go to the Ohio Renaissance Festival every fall. Every year we'd say that we were going to go in costume but we never did. I always said that I would have to be royalty because I don't do dirt or manual labor. That is also why I could never be Amish...that and the bonnets. I don't look good in a bonnet.

August 31, 2011 at 1:15 pm | Reply
      • Evil Grin

You would make an excellent renaissance Queen, my liege. (Not medieval, I think. Still probably not up to your standards.) However, I must warn you, the perils of female royal garb are many. You will be wearing at least five layers of heavy fabric, plus jewelry. Make sure to stay hydrated and bring a nice fan. And some servants to make sure you are kept cool. And you must always be aware of your royal station. No afternoons at the pubs, or time with the theatre folk or minstrels. Royalty keeps away from such morally depraved activities.

But, I could see you as a pirate queen. The garb is cooler and you can do what you like, when you like. And wear as fancy or not as you wish. Still, you have a whole crew of servants at your beck and call. (Of course, all pirate queens are historically incorrect, but it matters not at your ye old faire.)

August 31, 2011 at 1:23 pm | Reply
      • AleeD@Evil Grin & QOE

One of my favorite pirate movies is the one with Geena Davis, Cutthroat Island. I love that she played her character barefooted!

August 31, 2011 at 1:28 pm | Reply
      • Queen of Everything@EG

I should also mention that I try to avoid consorting with peasants at all times so remembering my station wouldn't be a problem. Ha!

August 31, 2011 at 3:02 pm | Reply
      • Sara Bareilles@Queen

Well, who made you Queen of Everything?

August 31, 2011 at 3:08 pm | Reply
      • Knightsof the RoundTable@Queen

That's NOT how we remember it.

August 31, 2011 at 3:17 pm | Reply
      • Queen of Everything@Knights

Well knights aren't really peasants, are they? You're more like big, shiny objects. Don't pretend you didn't enjoying that last buffing.

August 31, 2011 at 3:25 pm | Reply
      • Knightsof the RoundTable@Queen

Well,now that you mention it,the palm rolling technique was enjoyable. :)

August 31, 2011 at 3:29 pm | Reply
      • Truth

What's this about knights?
        I thought we were Musketeers.
        Let's keep out medieval literature straight here.

August 31, 2011 at 3:33 pm | Reply
      • RichardHead@Truth

Sorry, It was the only reading material available at this gas station...It is Florida BTW. :))

August 31, 2011 at 3:39 pm | Reply
      • JBJingles@Queen & EG

Way back in high school, we dressed in costume for a renaissance festival using authentic materials and colors of the period, I even made my own costume, fun stuff!

August 31, 2011 at 3:41 pm | Reply
      • RichardHead@JBJ

WOW,What a memory...Did they have pictures back then? :))

August 31, 2011 at 3:52 pm | Reply
      • JBJingles@RH

Ha, ha, ha. Yes, we had one of those giant black boxes that slowly churned out a picture, right on the spot, and you had to wave it around to get it to dry. Very high tech ya know. Funny, the things we didn't have in high school that are so common now...internet, hell a computer, cell phone, answering machine, etc. I remember driving around in my first car, a police narc car bought at auction. It didn't even have a radio, so I had a portable cassette player on the front seat. And yes, when I was 6 years old I had to walk to school on top of 10ft of snow (lived in ND)! :)

August 31, 2011 at 4:15 pm | Reply
      • Evil Grin

Can't be a musketeer until at least 1622, tail end of the renaissance. And you have to be French.

August 31, 2011 at 4:21 pm | Reply
      • Evil Grin

By the way, did you notice the accents are British and American? Not a French accent to be found, despite the location of the book. That's something that has always bugged me. All foreign accents end up being British in the movies.

August 31, 2011 at 4:22 pm | Reply
      • AleeD@Evil Grin

That's becuz alot of Murikins don't unnerstand them furrin accents. They kin only figger out English-sounding wonz.

August 31, 2011 at 4:29 pm | Reply
      • RichardHead@JBJ

Hahahahaha,Good one. So what happened to the Police radio? I'm sure all the Bad Boys wanted to ride in your car.

August 31, 2011 at 4:29 pm | Reply
  15. DJChilllyPhil, Jukebox King & Cold Stone God@ALL, The Jukebox

Well, today was...interesting. Not only did I have to fumble around in the back with two computers trying to share a printer with no results only to find that they both had the same name on the same network, but now I have to upgrade the program we're using because it's not only 2 years behind in updates, but also a 32-bit program rather than its 64-bit counterpart.

The story of my life...

August 31, 2011 at 12:56 pm | Reply
    • Evil Grin

Nice!

Do you remember the Daft Punk cartoons that had a brief lifespan on cartoon network?

August 31, 2011 at 1:15 pm | Reply
      • DJChilllyPhil, Jukebox King & Cold Stone God@Evil Grin

If I remember correctly there were 4 of their songs that were made into a short cartoon miniseries. It was pretty cool...

August 31, 2011 at 2:54 pm | Reply
      • Evil Grin

I remember it being a bunch of cartoon shorts of different songs that made a story, but I could be wrong. I was pretty young at the time I saw them.

Nevermind. I just found them on youtube. Or the remnants of them. Of course the rights police have blocked most of them. It was called Interstella 5555.

August 31, 2011 at 3:23 pm | Reply
      • DJChilllyPhil, Jukebox King & Cold Stone God@Evil Grin

Yup. I remember those...but like I said I only saw the first 4 of them, I believe...

One More Time
        Aerodynamic
        Digital Love
        Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger

August 31, 2011 at 3:35 pm | Reply
    • Jerv@DJC

That's a freaky video but I like the song.

August 31, 2011 at 2:07 pm | Reply
  16. wendy

hello everyone! my vacation day on friday is no longer.. i'm now coming into work at 3 to help my teammates as we'll be down quite a few people. no worries, the rewards will far outweigh the annoyance. :) bonus: labor day is a bbq at a friend's house where i will get reacquainted with a firefighter i met last weekend. "it's getting hot in here..."

August 31, 2011 at 11:45 am | Reply
    • Jerv@wendy

Whhhooohoooo!!! wendy is getting jiggy this weekend!

August 31, 2011 at 12:12 pm | Reply
  17. Kat Kinsman

Pssst! I wrote a thing over here, and there's a teenage picture of me!

August 31, 2011 at 11:30 am | Reply
    • wendy@KAT

LOVE the 'do!!! :) reminds me of the aqua net days... :)

August 31, 2011 at 11:47 am | Reply
    • Truth@Kat

I love your work on "NCIS"...:)

August 31, 2011 at 11:56 am | Reply
    • AleeD@KatK

Love the look – and Truth's comment, too! Love NCIS and Abby's my favorite character!

When visiting the Tampa Bay area, my baby sister's favorite haunt (pun intended) is The Castle in Ybor City. Might be worth looking into if you're ever in that neck of the woods.

August 31, 2011 at 12:21 pm | Reply
    • Jerv@Kat

I'm not laughing.... really. I'll print your story and read at home.

August 31, 2011 at 12:22 pm | Reply
    • RichardHead@Kat

Sooooooo,as I sit on the shoulder of I-75N WITH 2 BLOWN OUT GOODYEAR TIRES,I now realize why Nascar HATES your friggin tires. It's on WD's side so it's her fault. HA! I want to Thank whomever's unsecured WIFI I am "borrowing" at this moment to comment on your article.
      Does this sound familiar--Damn Teenagers,It's that LSD they have been smoking and dropping them Mary juwana pills....Drugs have corrupted our Baby's. It is a HOT picture of you tho,self portrait?
      Anyway,from reading between the lines,YOU have had another Freeeeeee moment in your life,which is good. I remember being on a 707 with Free cold Budweiser Beer,something I had not had for 14 months. It was sooooo good I decided to go back,With a nod to CCR and "Run thru the Jungle".
      Memories=History, a dark side in our minds that we only access when necessary,with limits that are unconventional and only justified within ourselves. Some of us in the Lounge could walk into your house( The Church ) and Feel what you both feel..a Loss,strength, or knowledge from someones past. You have been Lucky enough to attain them all. Thank You Kitten.

August 31, 2011 at 2:18 pm | Reply
    • Truth@Kat

I have to concur with Bro RichHead...GREAT article. You sounded like the very typical gifted and talented student, who usually gets vastly under-served by our public school system, but who blooms entirely on your own timeframe and agenda. I am willing to bet money that you were a fan of MTV's "Daria" back in the day.

August 31, 2011 at 2:45 pm | Reply
      • RichardHead@Truth

Quit it Brother, She'll start getting the BIG Head and then we will have to start using MM's when baking. HA!

August 31, 2011 at 2:54 pm | Reply
  18. JBJingles

Good morning all! We dropped 20 degrees yesterday from the Saturday high, and blissfully cool last night. In other news, hubs heard a murder-death-kill last night in the back corner of the yard. Growling noises from one, and whimpering from another. Not good, but no evidence this morning... Animal control will charge us to come out and place a trap, then charge again to remove it! Good thing Odie is indoors most of the time, and never out at night..

August 31, 2011 at 11:12 am | Reply
    • wendy@jbj

oooo. i hate those nighttime fights... i hear a lot of cat fights in my area... *shudder* those are the worst!!! the dogs go nuts and i end up shutting all windows and doors to keep the horrid sounds out. that's a shame about animal control... that's their job! hello taxes used to pay their salaries! grrrr. :)

August 31, 2011 at 11:51 am | Reply
  19. RichardHead

As they say, WD and I are going to squeeze and Peel on out of here. Stay safe all !!

August 31, 2011 at 10:42 am | Reply
    • AleeD@RichardHead

Yoooo, tooo!

August 31, 2011 at 10:55 am | Reply
    • Jerv@RicH

Later on dude!

August 31, 2011 at 12:13 pm | Reply
  20. Lulu

Hey guys. It's nice to be back among modern civilization (even if it is at work)! We're on day 4 of no power. Lost all the food we had in the fridge & freezer, and had a good 4"-5" of water in the basement before our local FD so kindly let us borrow a generator to pump it out.

But we are all healthy, unharmed and well, so I can't complain too much! Looks like we may not have power til Sunday. Boo.

How did everyone else do with Irene?

August 31, 2011 at 10:10 am | Reply
    • RichardHead@Lulu

She drank all my beer..:(( Glad you all made it o.k.

August 31, 2011 at 10:12 am | Reply
    • AleeD@Lulu

Sooooo sorry you were effected by Irene's wrath – glad you came out unhurt tho'. There's a BBQ over on the town gathering thread. Rich was nice enough to invite some vegans along, too. ;)

August 31, 2011 at 10:16 am | Reply
    • Jerv@Lulu

All I got in my neck of the woods was a lot of rain and wind. Kept my power and no damage. I hope you basement isn't damaged.

August 31, 2011 at 12:16 pm | Reply
    • Lulu

That b!tch drank all my beer too! And stole my sanity. It's hard to keep 2 kids occupied with no power. Bedtime has been coming early these past few days!

August 31, 2011 at 1:58 pm | Reply
  21. JainaJade

Good morning all! I have some Banana Peach Smoothies for the group so please enjoy! Trying to test out my new blender to see what all it can do. So far so good but when it comes to soups my hand immersion blender is still King.

August 31, 2011 at 8:56 am | Reply
    • AleeD@JJ

How do you make your smoothies?

August 31, 2011 at 9:36 am | Reply
      • JainaJade

2 bananas 2 cups peach yogurt (I used Wegmans Light) and 1 cup ice. Started blender on crushed ice and then switched to puree for a few moments. Thick and Delicious!

August 31, 2011 at 10:26 am | Reply
      • AleeD@JJ

Got it! Thank you.

August 31, 2011 at 10:34 am | Reply
      • Jerv@JJ

Have you ever made a melon smoothie?

August 31, 2011 at 12:17 pm | Reply
      • JainaJade@Jerv

yeppers, I found it helps to cut the fruit into malls and pre-freeze them and use them instead of some of the ice cubes
        so it comes out to like 2 cup frozen melon balls and 1 cup yogurt and 1/2 cup ice cubes. I use a combo of cantaloupe and watermelon but you could use honeydew as well

August 31, 2011 at 12:56 pm | Reply
      • Jerv@JJ

My god that sounds so good. I need to get off my butt and start doing that.

August 31, 2011 at 1:02 pm | Reply
  22. Truth

Good morning all!
    Sorry to hear about THing 1...I think a can of Red Bull will help him out nicely.

As to coffee, oddly enough, I do not drink any at home, and even more oddly, I will be dropping it from the diet as of next week. During my EMT physical, I was flagged for rather high BP, so caffiene is out.

On to better news, my big sis got her power back as of yesterday afternoon. The bad news is that the entire contents of the refrigerator have to go. The good news is that as of tomorrow, she leaves for Aruba, so it had to go anyway.

How is everyone else today?

August 31, 2011 at 8:37 am | Reply
    • RichardHead@Truth

Morning Bro...I foresee a Grumpy Gus in the making? HA! Life is no fun without vices and especially Beer!

August 31, 2011 at 8:45 am | Reply
      • TX4UREXKARLENE

Morning everyone ! I won't give up beer – just can't afford it now :-)

August 31, 2011 at 9:30 am | Reply
    • Jerv@Truth

Morning Truth. I heard an interesting stat this morning. Men that snore are 80% more likely to have high BP. Not the reason why I have it but intersting to know. What's the latest with you and Miss Saigon?

August 31, 2011 at 8:50 am | Reply
      • Truth@Jerv, Queen, RichHead

We are well, thanks. No big news here.

Not sure why the BP is high. I think I just get ticked off going to the doctor's office. Between insurance, copays, delays and the loud kids in the waiting rooms, it is a monumental pain in the azz. When I give blood, I am usually in the normal range.

Best to thing one for a fast and speedy recovery. I can see some mom bonding time in the future.

August 31, 2011 at 8:55 am | Reply
      • AleeD@Truth, Jerv, QOE, RH

Truth, that's what hubby goes thru when he visits docs. His normally low BP shoots up when the doc keeps him waiting. ;) That's something that should be factored into the design of future BP monitors ... ;)
        QOE, I hope Thing 1 feels better soon.

August 31, 2011 at 9:24 am | Reply
      • RichardHead@Truth

I concur with AleeD...The White Coat Syndrome affects alot of people. I would feel better if the Doctor would walk in wearing a Black hooded gown and carrying a scythe-at least I would trust his opinion more. :))

August 31, 2011 at 9:36 am | Reply
    • Queen of Everything@Truth

We'll pass on the Red Bull. I already see Ritalin in our future as it is.

August 31, 2011 at 8:52 am | Reply
  23. Queen of Everything

Good morning! Thing 1 has pink eye in both eyes in addition to his bilateral ear infections. Woo frickin' Hoo.

August 31, 2011 at 8:17 am | Reply
    • RichardHead@Queen

That Sucks...WD will volunteer to be his seeing eye dog for awhile.

August 31, 2011 at 8:24 am | Reply
      • Queen of Everything@Richard

Thanks! If his eyes get any gunkier we might need her.

August 31, 2011 at 8:27 am | Reply
    • Jerv@Q

Wow, that really does suck. Poor little guy. Hopefully recovery time will be short.

August 31, 2011 at 8:32 am | Reply
    • DJChilllyPhil, Jukebox King & Cold Stone God@Queenie

Lord... I remember having an ear infection when I was younger, which made going to this concert/festival thing a lot more interesting (read: boring) because all I could really hear was the massive amount of bass coming out of the speakers at any one time...

August 31, 2011 at 12:52 pm | Reply
  24. Mildred

Good morning all. I'll switch on the coffee makers and put the tea pot on the stove.

So... coffee drinkers: electric coffee makers, stove top pots, campfire? What's your preferred method of making coffee?

August 31, 2011 at 7:19 am | Reply
    • RichardHead@Mildred

Good Morning,How are things in Albany? Still waiting to hear from Faith and Ms.Grammar–so I hope they and their families are doing well. On coffee....WD and I have a small cigarette lighter plug in job that makes about 4 cups at a time. At home we have a cuisinart 12 cup machine that seems to stay on all the time....this is my 4th machine.

August 31, 2011 at 7:31 am | Reply
      • Ms. Grammar

I'm here – finally got out of my sub-development. Lots of flooding around me. My house sustained no major damage – couple of leaky windows and such. Could have been so much worse. I feel so bad for the folks in NE. All that damage and it wasn't even a hurricane at that time – a tropical storm. Go figure!

Anyway, all are well in the house and I'm back to work.

August 31, 2011 at 3:32 pm | Reply
      • RichardHead@Ms.Grammar

Then get back to work....Just kidding. Glad you are well,What about Mom?

August 31, 2011 at 3:35 pm | Reply
      • Ms. Grammar

Still doing well! :) She's looking forward to the cruise at the end of November. A side effect of the radiation, though, is needing to avoid direct sunlight. So...we're going to Nassau with a balcony suite. She says she's wear long sleeves, slacks and a hat.

How did you an WD manage? Were you in FLA then? Or back home?

August 31, 2011 at 3:37 pm | Reply
      • RichardHead@Ms.Grammar

We were home wishing for rain. Glad you both are doing well. Nassau sounds really cool in November,watch her on the gaming tables tho. :))

August 31, 2011 at 3:48 pm | Reply
    • Jerv@Mil and RicH

Morning folks! I have a small 4 cup coffee maker for the pops when he visits. I never really developed a taste for coffee. My training class yesterday was actually informative. Imagine that.

August 31, 2011 at 8:04 am | Reply
      • RichardHead@Jerv

Morning Lil' Buddy....How's things in VA?

August 31, 2011 at 8:10 am | Reply
      • Jerv@RicH

Things are looking better here in VA. All power should be restored by Friday. I see there is some crazy azzed flooding going on in some New England states. Interesting now after the hurricane has blown through how some people are criticizing that federal and state governments for over reacted. Crazy...

August 31, 2011 at 8:26 am | Reply
      • RichardHead@Jerv

Yea, I saw that on the news. Saw where another storm is churning out there,so I hope it doesn't follow the same path.

August 31, 2011 at 8:40 am | Reply
    • AleeD

Good morning to you, too!

Preferred coffee making method, McD's drive thru! 20oz of black gold!

August 31, 2011 at 8:20 am | Reply
    • Queen of Everything@Mildred

When I'm at work, I help myself to the Keurig coffee maker but when I'm at home I drink one of the Maxwell House International Delights. My current fave is Cafe Vienna.

August 31, 2011 at 8:28 am | Reply
      • Chicago Lady

My Luv has one of those. We squeeze 2 cups out of the little K-cup.

August 31, 2011 at 1:52 pm | Reply
  25. RichardHead

Good Morning,Homey's --It's Hump Day. Anyone else looking forward to the weekend,where I am in hopes that it will only be in the 90's and WD and I can get back into "Naked Grilling" mode? Well,that's a couple days off and we need to get back to Texas first. Coffee is ready,and it looks like rain here in FL. Maybe it will follow me home?

August 31, 2011 at 6:56 am | Reply
    • AleeD@RH

All my big azz fans
      are running to try to blow rain your way. Fingers crossed that it works!

August 31, 2011 at 8:59 am | Reply