August 30th, 2011

1. duke slade

maggots of the world unite and protest

September 4, 2011 at 12:05 pm | Reply
  2. Celestial1

I bet they are chock full of protein and calcium.

August 30, 2011 at 10:58 pm | Reply
    • popeye

turtles love 'em.

August 31, 2011 at 3:14 am | Reply
  3. Dan

These are not maggots. They are mealworms.

August 30, 2011 at 10:26 pm | Reply
    • suj

Yeppers, meal worms. big difference between fly larvae and mealworm beetle larvae. The ones I tasted weren't as good as sunflower seeds though. Maybe it depends on what the mealworms were fed.

August 31, 2011 at 2:07 am | Reply
  4. BarryDingle

When this delicacy was showcased at the CA State Fair, celebrated Sacramento radio personality Don Geronimo eagerly – perhaps even lustily – partook, with no ill effects (and with great glee on Geronimo's part). These are farm-raised maggots, not those harvested from decomposing corpses or anything. Geronimo's now on during morning drive-time on KHTK radio in Sacramento; this is just one example of why I'm addicted to the show.

August 30, 2011 at 6:28 pm | Reply
    • suj

this can't be the same Don Geronimo from DC who ruled afternoon radio with his Don & Mike show that ran for about 20 years? His wife was killed in a car crash and that devastated him. I thought He retired shortly after that. If this is the same guy, I'm glad he is back on his feet and I hope he has found happiness again.

August 31, 2011 at 3:13 am | Reply
  5. Michelle Maskaly aka The Adirondack Chick

Ewwwww!

August 30, 2011 at 4:57 pm | Reply
  6. AleeD

You never know what you're capable of if pushed. In the case of starvation or eat maggots, who knows? Bury them in a cheese sandwich and and you could have yourself a deal.

I hope I never have to find out. ;)

August 30, 2011 at 3:38 pm | Reply
    • Jerv@AleeD

Couldn't agree more! The thougt and visual of eating those maggots/mealworms I find utterly repulsive, but if I had to eat them, I know I would.

August 31, 2011 at 8:16 am | Reply