Box lunch: Cold cut complications and 	malodorous midday meals
August 24th, 2011

Sink your teeth into today's top stories from around the globe.

• A&P's influence on the modern supermarket. - NPR

• Does the 9/11 wine by Lieb Family Cellars leave a sour taste with you? - Salon

• The food blogging community continues its support for Jennifer Perillo after the sudden loss of her husband. - Bloggers Without Borders
Posted by:
Filed under: Box Lunch • News

1. alimonyjones

What assholes you are. If you have nothing to eat I daresay the sound of cellophane would be music to your ears.

August 25, 2011 at 5:47 pm |
  2. JT

I almost always eat at my desk vs. the cafeteria. If I have to listen to everyone's phone calls and gossip then they shouldn't mind hearing me rustle some plastic for about 20 mins at lunch time. Food smells can be bad at times but as long as it doesn't sit in someone's fridge for a week it's okay with me.

August 25, 2011 at 12:43 pm |
  3. wendy

i eat my salad at my desk pretty much every day for lunch. when it's nice i like to go outside, but i prefer my desk where i can read my book or surf the net over sitting in the fishbowl that is our cafeteria. pretty much everyone leaves for lunch so i have the area to myself. :)

August 24, 2011 at 5:34 pm |
  4. Carrie

Planning ahead will help people to minimize their loud/smelly food it will also encourage healthy food. Instead of getting stuck eating fast food which is unhealthy and smelly, read my post about the imporatance of having good foods on hand.

August 24, 2011 at 3:02 pm |
  5. SpoonOfDeath

Bloggers Without Borders website and initative is a great idea. Tradegy what happend to Jennifer.

Good ways for the blogging community to get involved in bigger issues

August 24, 2011 at 1:28 pm |
  6. AleeD

*nods to Truth re: eating in the office* Only under the most pressing deadlines will I eat lunch at my desk anymore. I have to have that 30 to 60 minutes break for lunch or the day is just too long.

One of my co-workers is a grazer (eats constantly) and his rustling of cellophane and loudly crunching his nuts or Cheerios is annoying to the rest of the department. The only thing (regarding food) he does that annoys me is his post-lunch flatulence. I keep a pack of matches at my desk for just such occasions have nooooo problem lighting one in front of him. Sadly, he is oblivious.

August 24, 2011 at 12:44 pm |
    • Truth@AleeD

The saving grace in my workplace is that there are only two to three of us at any given time and we are not in cubicles. The toaster usually smells like something burned, but that is about the extent of it. Along the same lines, I have made it a point to no longer bring in trout. I never want to be THAT guy...;)

August 24, 2011 at 4:59 pm |
  7. Ronco, Minion in training

Try sitting next to a guy who eats HOT Tuna fish mixed with Franks Red Hot Sauce EVERY SINGLE DAY, imagine the stench! its disgusting- he is on a starvation diet and that i all he eats all 3 meals. F'ing nasty

August 24, 2011 at 12:35 pm |
  8. Evil Grin

The office food article is right about one thing – desk munchers should be shot. Nothing worse than having to listen to your coworker slurp his/her way through a coffee, a soda, a water, and crunch on power bars, apples, chips and nuts all day long. Especially when said munching is almost continuous. Headphones can only block out so much, and you shouldn't have to deafen yourself to not have to listen.

August 24, 2011 at 12:30 pm |
Pinterest

| Part of

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 7,654 other followers