Coffee klatsch
August 16th, 2011

Pssst! Got a sec to chat?

Posted by:
Filed under: Buzz • Coffee Klatsch

1. Name*katydid

Long time lurked ... Kind of shy...crazed by the mixed up posts! Have loved all of you, just shy to jump in! From Seattle

August 16, 2011 at 10:31 pm |
    • Jerv

Welcome aboard katydid!

August 17, 2011 at 7:38 am |
  2. Truth

And on that note folks, I am outta here. Have a great evening all!

August 16, 2011 at 6:01 pm |
  3. Truth@All with a question of the Day (QOD)

I just got off the phone with a vendor representative who is taking me to lunch tomorrow to discuss a problem. We are meeting at a restaurant halfway between our offices. I have never met this person, and she told that I would recognize her because she looks just like "stiffler's mom"...

????????????

Who is stiffler and who is his mom? I did not want to sound like an idiot just now.

August 16, 2011 at 5:12 pm |
    • wendy

rent the movie american pie. but as it's tomorrow... she'll be about 5'10", dark blonde hair, lips that dont need any more collagen, and a very curvaceous figure. :)

August 16, 2011 at 5:48 pm |
      • wendy@truth

she also played the hair dresser in the legally blonde movies....

August 16, 2011 at 5:48 pm |
      • Truth@Wendy

Never seen either of those movies, nor even heard of them...I will track down the actress on the IMDB site...

August 16, 2011 at 5:51 pm |
      • wendy@truth

i'm trying to think of what else she's been in... but she's a very recognizable figure... the fact that the woman described herself as 'stiffler's mom' scares me a bit... be careful and carry mace. :) but if you do get a chance and want some mindless entertainment, rent the original american pie movie...it's actually quite entertaining. note: i DID say mindless. :)

August 16, 2011 at 5:53 pm |
      • Truth@Wendy

She did sound a little like she was flirting. Well ok, a lot..But I just checked the internets and found the description on IMDB and you are DEFINITELY right about the collagen. Not my cup of chai personally.

Although, having perused the quotes from the film, I now get it...I used to work with someone about ten years ago who was always starting sentences with the phrase "This one time at band camp..." NOW i get it...;)

August 16, 2011 at 6:00 pm |
      • wendy@truth

ah yes, band camp. you shall never look at band camp the same way again... :)

August 16, 2011 at 6:09 pm |
  4. Queen of Everything

Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition! It's 5 o'clock and I'm going home. Hasta la later!

August 16, 2011 at 4:57 pm |
  5. RichardHead@Truth

Have you heard from Sir Biddle? I think he was on vacation this week but still wonder about his health.

August 16, 2011 at 4:53 pm |
    • Truth@RichHead

I have not seen him this week, but it is only Tuesday...Hopefully he is ok. I worry about our regulars when one of us goes missing...

August 16, 2011 at 4:55 pm |
      • RichardHead@Truth

I concur. O.K. My Brother,Big Blue is raring to go and WD is getting antsy. I think she wants some fried gator meat so we are heading to Jacksonville.. Take care and tell the Mrs. Hi for me. Talk to ya in the a.m.

August 16, 2011 at 5:06 pm |
  6. DJChilllyPhil, Jukebox King & Cold Stone God@The Jukebox

Trying something different this time...

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhFh89HCBCs&w=640&h=390]

August 16, 2011 at 4:01 pm |
  7. Queen of Everything

Hubs has officially lost his mind. He has decided that going to preschool all day is too much for Thing 1 and that we need to just take him to the morning session only. Keep in mind that Thing 1 just started preschool yesterday and he only goes Mon, Wed and Fri. He also informed me yesterday, after we dropped Thing 1 off at preschool, that he felt like we had just abandoned him. I think preschool is going to be harder on Hubs than anyone else.

August 16, 2011 at 3:49 pm |
    • Truth@Queen

I used to be a teacher, and I always felt bad for the pre-K teachers because a lot of the parents would freak out over this very same thing. Oftentimes, the kids would be just fine, actually enjoying the socialization aspect of school and being around other kids, but it was the parents who had the issues with separation anxiety, thinking that their importance in their kid's mind is diminished.

I on the other hand, had middle school kids...By that time, parents were VERY happy to drop their kids off each morning...:)

August 16, 2011 at 4:07 pm |
  8. RichardHead

It is a Dark day in the lounge today....We lost The King--Elvis on this date..sniff,sniff. I am also having second thoughts about sitting on the pot for the rest of the day–Bad JuJu !!

August 16, 2011 at 3:20 pm |
    • Truth@RichHead

I will be dating myself when I say this, but I was 12 when that happened. Talk about one of those pivotal artists for his time.

"And while the king was looking down,
      The jester stole his thorny crown"
      – Don McLean

August 16, 2011 at 3:30 pm |
  9. Truth

Just back from lunch having consumed my body weight of raw fish. Tried to get admin to wheel my chair down to the garage and wheel me back to the office but she wasn't doing. Need to add that to her job description under "other duties as assigned"...

August 16, 2011 at 2:59 pm |
    • RichardHead@Truth

Is the fork lift in the shop? Sorry Bro,I saw the opening :))

August 16, 2011 at 3:02 pm |
    • wendy@truth

oooooo nice!!! jealous!!!! :) i LOVE me some raw fish!! altho, i did have a salmon fillet and brown rice last nite for dinner...that counts, right???

August 16, 2011 at 3:03 pm |
  10. wendy@jerv

Happy Tuesday everyone!!! i posted on the dog blog (hah!) this morning and then had to work. grrrrr. :) how's everyone doing after the queen's party?? today has been slow in my brain but busy at work. that's ok... i'm getting my hair cut tonite so it's all good. BTW...i have been cutting out the diet coke as well as chaning my lunch habits... and my reward for that is the 30lb weight loss i've accrued since May 25th!! wahoo!!!! that red dress WILL be worn at Christmastime!!

August 16, 2011 at 2:55 pm |
    • wendy

oops.. forgot to remove @jerv... but you can read it too jerv!! :)

August 16, 2011 at 2:56 pm |
    • RichardHead@Wendy

Proud of ya BBQ Queen,you will look smashing!

August 16, 2011 at 2:59 pm |
      • wendy@rh

thanks!! i should have that whole posting of the pics online so i can post one! :)

August 16, 2011 at 3:02 pm |
  11. tazer warrior princess

Slow day today!?

August 16, 2011 at 2:26 pm |
    • RichardHead

I think everyone has a hangover from Queen's birthday party yesterday.

August 16, 2011 at 2:49 pm |
      • Jerv @ RicH and Tazer

Yeah gotta be that. Slowest day I think I have ever seen. Well, calling it a day so y'all be good!

August 16, 2011 at 2:54 pm |
      • RichardHead

Take care Lil" Buddy and I'll talk to ya in the a.m. :)

August 16, 2011 at 2:56 pm |
  12. JBJingles

Busy morning and now it's almost lunch time! Are we top to bottom or bottom to top today? The time stamps are confusing me too, I think they are EST? I think I'm having a blonde moment, or two, or three. Hope everyone is well.

August 16, 2011 at 2:14 pm |
    • RichardHead@JBJ

I'm still trying to convince Kat to try it sideways..for scientific purposes only. How's things on the left coast?

August 16, 2011 at 2:21 pm |
  13. Elmer Fudd

It's vewy,vewy qwiet in here.....WAKE UP!!!!!!!

August 16, 2011 at 2:08 pm |
  14. JainaJade

Good morning! I got in nice and early to get work done...and got dragged right in to a meeting. I have now finished two meetings and have one more to go, cuz Tuesdays are just cool like that.

August 16, 2011 at 12:50 pm |
    • Truth@Jaina

Sounds way more "cruel" than "cool"...

August 16, 2011 at 12:51 pm |
  15. RichardHead

Well,this looks like a real productive group for a Tuesday..Do we have any coffee left? WD is yawning,which in turn makes me yawn,etc. etc. I got a surprise phone call last night before I left out...it was from my brother Phil. He lives up in Yankeeland and somehow always knows when to call when I'm feeling a little down. He's been trying to teach me about patience and compassion,something we all lack at some time in our lives.He's the smartest man I know and some of you may know him too. He calls himself Truth. Anyway,GET TO WORK YOU SLACKERS,and that includes you too Queenie.

August 16, 2011 at 12:34 pm |
    • Jerv@RicH

That Phil is a good man. Miss Saigon got a good catch. Hey dude, I bet you have a great story you can post on the dog thread about WD?

August 16, 2011 at 12:37 pm |
      • RichardHead@Jerv

Let me check it out Lil' Buddy....You doing alright today?

August 16, 2011 at 12:40 pm |
      • Jerv@RicH

Heck yeah great here. Boss is back in the office today so I gotta be productive. Imagine that?! Where are you headed?

August 16, 2011 at 12:42 pm |
      • RichardHead@Jerv

Got the Florida run again..maybe I can roll over Casey Anthony while on my way there? :))

August 16, 2011 at 12:49 pm |
      • Jerv@RicH

Haha! Make sure you back up and get her for a two fer. I hear that stupid twit is going to do jail time for passing bad stolen checks.

August 16, 2011 at 12:55 pm |
      • Truth@Jerv, RichHead

Jail for passing bad checks? To quote Carson " I did not know that"...Hopefully she gets shanked while in stir. Kind of like how OJ wound up in jail on a totally unrelated matter. As Jerry said, "If the thunder don't get you, ten the lightning will"

Off to lunch. Sayonara all!

August 16, 2011 at 1:00 pm |
    • Truth@RichHead, Jerv

Thanks man, I needed that. Like I said, I need the counsel of wise and learned men in my life (as all guys do), and that means you all. Part of our role as musketeers is to support and encourage each other, so many thanks!

Enough philosophizing. Almost time for lunch here, and am meeting someone for Japanese. Yum!

August 16, 2011 at 12:43 pm |
      • RichardHead@Truth

Wear your Gucci's while eating sushi..Hey I'm a poet!! HA!

August 16, 2011 at 12:53 pm |
  16. Ms. Grammar

I kinda like the reverse action to the postings. Keeps us on our toes. Re today's photo: looks like someone bruleed my coffee.

How's everyone doing?

August 16, 2011 at 12:05 pm |
    • Jerv@Ms.G

Doing great here in VA. Wonderful weather. Keeping me busy at work, thought so no morning posts. Total bummer.

August 16, 2011 at 12:16 pm |
      • Ms. Grammar

Know the feeling. South Jersey is nice and cool; 72 degrees, but spritzing. Beats heat indexes over 100 though. Speaking of a lot of work, I hear my boss coming around the corner. See you all tomorrow.

August 16, 2011 at 12:21 pm |
  17. The Witty One

Top of the morning all! Slow morning in the Klatsch?

August 16, 2011 at 10:15 am |
    • Jerv@2 and Truth

Yeah slow day alright. Hope folks are just busy and not turned off by the topsy turvy new posting. I see a Jeann stirring the stink pot on the dog story. Is that you or maybe Truth?

August 16, 2011 at 12:03 pm |
      • Truth@Jerv, 2.0

That's me. I am in a foul mood, so I thought I would share the wealth, so to speak.

August 16, 2011 at 12:09 pm |
      • Jerv@Truth

LOL! Too funny dude. I love doing the same thing when in a crappy mood.

August 16, 2011 at 12:14 pm |
      • Jerv@Truth

By the way, what got you in a foul mood? Did Joy Behar moon you??

August 16, 2011 at 12:17 pm |
  18. Chicago Lady

It's happening again! Postings from bottom to top? I'm all turned around. Lovely day in Chicago today.
    @DJ – national rum day – that's what you should be drinking.

August 16, 2011 at 9:52 am |
  19. Jerv

Good Morning everyone! Looks like it's gonna be a busy day today at work. I'll try and stop in for lunch and do some troll baiting. Ha!

August 16, 2011 at 9:35 am |
  20. Truth

Good morning all...How is everyone doing today?

August 16, 2011 at 9:22 am |
  21. DJChilllyPhil, Jukebox King & Cold Stone God

Morning all! Still wondering what I should drink to give me a kick-start today after a rather late night...

August 16, 2011 at 9:11 am |
    • The Witty One@DJCP

Vitamin B Complex (or a 5 hour energy). That stuff will keep you alert for a while. No jitters either :)

August 16, 2011 at 10:14 am |
  22. Mildred

Good morning all. Earl Grey biscotti and tea out on the sideboard.

August 16, 2011 at 9:04 am |
    • Jerv@Mil - -Thanks Mil. A little tribute to Jdizz.

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2IJdfxWtPM&w=640&h=390]

August 16, 2011 at 12:20 pm |
  23. RichardHead

Good Morning and goodnight for awhile. :))

August 16, 2011 at 8:48 am |
  24. Queen of Everything

Wow! Is this late start Tuesday and I missed the memo?

August 16, 2011 at 8:44 am |
    • The Witty One@QOE

We were all out celebrating your birthday late last night :)

August 16, 2011 at 10:16 am |
      • Queen of Everything@TWO

And I wasn't invited? I'm crushed!

August 16, 2011 at 12:04 pm |
  25. Lulu

What? I'm never the first one in!

Mornin, everyone!!

August 16, 2011 at 8:28 am |
Pinterest

| Part of

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 6,989 other followers