Too sexy for your skirt (steak)?
June 29th, 2011

Yesterday, the People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) announced their annual Sexiest Vegetarian Celebrities.

Russell Brand squashed the competition and was named the sexiest male vegetarian, while Kristen Wiig, from the summer box-office hit "Bridesmaids," beet out the rest of the plant-eating starlets to win the female title.

PETA has been holding the contest since 2001 - and past winners include the likes of Shania Twain, Tobey Maguire and Coldplay frontman Chris Martin.

However we, being the equal opportunists that we are, feel the need to beef up the competition.

So,  in coalition with the other division of PETA (People Eating Tasty Animals), we'd like to solicit your male and female NOM-inees for the Sexiest Omnivore Alive in the comment section below.

PS: There are rumors of a lamb crown to perch atop the head of the victors.

Posted by:
Filed under: Bite • Cuisines • Vegetarian

1. ray

There is nothing worse then a rotten scum sucking radical animal rights nutjob.Save a human, pound a PETArd.

July 3, 2011 at 7:43 pm |
  2. kerry

Yeah, I clicked on the link thinking "wow they're actually doing something in the media about people who eat meat." Most people do eat meat, so I thought this wouldn't be a "already know the answer" article. Then I read it and find out it's another vegetarian article – which I have nothing against, it just gets old.

Then I realized they're telling us to nominate the sexiest omnivores, so hmm.. gotta think about it. Lil wayne is surely in the top 2.

July 1, 2011 at 12:02 pm |
  3. ray

Rick Sanchez needs someone to kick his face in.Freak.

July 1, 2011 at 8:53 am |
  4. ray

Will somebody please shut these radical animal rights weirdoos up.Get this human scum out of my refridgerator,out of my community and off my planet......Save a human,pound a PETArd..

July 1, 2011 at 8:51 am |
  5. Truth

So Russel Brand is a vegan. Who knew?
    It does support my longstanding belief that Katy Perry is mentally a vegetable.

June 30, 2011 at 3:11 pm |
    • Barney

She does have a set of melons though.

June 30, 2011 at 3:18 pm |
      • Arelem

Her stalks ain't bad, either.

June 30, 2011 at 4:59 pm |
  6. Captain Kangaroo

Has to be Richard Gere. He eats from both sides of the menu.

June 30, 2011 at 3:03 pm |
  7. Liz the First

Russell Brand proves my point that there are no healthy vegetarians. he looks like death on a cracker. human bodies are designed to be omnivorous. we need meat, in moderation, to be healthy. otherwise, we would have a functioning appendix and our eyes would be on the sides of our heads, like most other herbivores. think deer and cows!

June 30, 2011 at 8:52 am |
  8. Say What

On CNN.com main page you see – Who is the sexiest celeb omnivore? Then you get to an article about PETA's Sexiest Vegetarians! Grade school kids studying Dinosaurs learn Omnivores eat both plants and animals. Maybe it should be Sexiest Herbivores. LOL

June 30, 2011 at 2:43 am |
    • Brian

yep came came here to say that as well. Omnivores eat plants and animals. Herbivores eat plants. I think I am done with CNN. Too many dumb@$$ editors/writers on their staff.

June 30, 2011 at 8:20 am |
      • Rick Sanchez@Brian

Buh Bye and don't let the door hit your azz on the way out.

June 30, 2011 at 8:38 am |
      • kerry

I thought so too, but at the bottom they say for us to nominate the omnivores.

July 1, 2011 at 12:08 pm |
  9. Goat Bottoms

Further proof that eatocracy "articles" are written by morons. All article (or more accurately, garbage) contributors to eatocracy need to DIAF. The sooner the better. If you've already spawned, please kill your offspring before you do so to try to add some chlorine to the gene pool. Perhaps people need to find you, give you a thousand paper cuts and pour lemon juice in them. And hot sauce into the eyes.

June 30, 2011 at 1:01 am |
    • Fox newz troll alert!

Manky troll.

June 30, 2011 at 7:24 am |
      • Rick Sanchez

Is this Glen Beck 'cuz you are sooooooooo Gay?

June 30, 2011 at 7:28 am |
  10. Macatak

Oh wait....this wasn't a "meativore" thing, was it?......

I hereby withdraw my nomination.....

June 30, 2011 at 12:25 am |
  11. Macatak

I'd like to nominate myself. I eat meat with every meal. Even snacks. No joke. Canadian bacon & eggs this morning. Two "Five Guys" double bacon cheeseburgers for lunch. Pulled lamb shoulder, smoked brisket, and baby back ribs for dinner. I even saved a few ribs for tonight's late night snack. I win. PS my cholesterol is 210, and I'm 52, 165. And I smoke like a chimney, and drink like a fish. I win, no?

June 30, 2011 at 12:04 am |
    • Kevin

We have a winner right here!

I personally down 2+ pounds of meat (any species) daily.

23 years old, 5'9", 184lbs, 335lb squat, 455dl, 7:06 mile

June 30, 2011 at 8:49 am |
  12. Free

PETA (People Eating Tasty Animals)?
    Hmmm... How about those actors who played the 'vegetarian' vampires in the Twilight movies? They sure liked their bear and venison, didn't they? Girls seem to find the Edward guy kinda cute.

June 29, 2011 at 11:28 pm |
  13. JBJingles

Russell Brand sexy?? Ugh. Pasty and goofy yes, sexy no! Well, maybe to another vegan/vegetarian.

June 29, 2011 at 6:16 pm |
  14. Bill

Hands down, Jessica Alba. It's not meat she's eating in this clip, but I can totally empathize with the kid!!
    [youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fa5ZqFBRcbs&w=640&h=390]

June 29, 2011 at 5:52 pm |
  15. T3chsupport

Adriana Lima and... I can't think of a male one.
    Adriana Lima was the first pretty person I could think of. Tyson Beckford is an omnivore, right?

I think it's safe to say- most of the most attractive, healthy people are omnivores.

June 29, 2011 at 5:52 pm |
  16. john from chicago

Everybody who eats meat is sexy.

June 29, 2011 at 5:34 pm |
    • Jeff

Positutely. Keep being awesome, my fellow carnivore.

June 30, 2011 at 1:47 am |
  17. Philip Hades

"PETA (People Eating Tasty Animals)"
    Great to know CNN's editors are keeping their jr high writing staff hard at work.

June 29, 2011 at 5:21 pm |
    • jillmarie

I agree! I expect better from Eatocracy. That was an uncalled for acronym. Offensive to me, actually. Whatever.
      As for the sexiest, I'd have to go with Johnny Depp, or Joaquim Phoenix (he's weird but hot, and is actually a vegan).
      For women, Megan Fox, and for vegetarian celeb, past winner Carrie Underwood.

June 29, 2011 at 6:44 pm |
      • FrancisP

PETA (People Eating Tasty Animals) is an organization already founded to counter PETA. Here's their website: http://www.mtd.com/tasty/

June 30, 2011 at 8:52 am |
      • Lobster good

You are truly a self-entitled idiot if that acronym actually bothered you. Get a grip.

June 30, 2011 at 12:56 pm |
    • jim

People for the Eating of Tasty Animals is far from offensive. It is someone looking to be offended by the innocuous that would find "it" offensive.

June 30, 2011 at 8:55 am |
  18. blah99999

Bruce Willis and his hamburger hairpiece

June 29, 2011 at 3:51 pm |
    • Srslyppl

Hehhehheh...hamburger hairpiece... I think even Bruce would laugh at that.

June 30, 2011 at 9:10 am |
  19. ummm... no

russel brand is fugly

June 29, 2011 at 3:00 pm |
  20. Truth

PETA are out of their collective vegan mind...Given that both Chrissie Hynde and Maggie Q are outspoken vegans, I don't think Kristen Wiig should even be mentioned. And Russel Brand is a liberal stooge, so that should disqualify him for pretty much anything.

June 29, 2011 at 2:13 pm |
    • leftcoastblue

A really asinine comment for so many reasons:

Chrissie Hynde is - how to put it - aging. And none too well from the latest photos I've seen. Kristen Wiig is beautiful and very smart. Perhaps not as lovely as Maggie Q, but how many people even know who she is?

Russell Brand is disqualified because he's "a liberal stooge"?! What has politics to do with this?

(BTW, your love for Chrissie seems to have survived the fact that she, too, is a liberal! Perhaps you've forgotten her outspoken criticisms of that idiot George W. Bush?)

I could go on, but I grow tired contemplating your inanity.

June 30, 2011 at 7:37 am |
  21. Sir Biddle

Thats a really tough question. I can't decide between Sasha Gray or Jenna Haze.

June 29, 2011 at 2:12 pm |
    • Truth@Biddle

Ok, I saw them on Bing and definitely NSFW. Will have to look from home and let you know later...

June 29, 2011 at 2:16 pm |
    • habberdash

Oh I get it–they're meat eaters!

June 29, 2011 at 4:24 pm |
    • Philip Hades

Sasha or Julie Knight.

June 29, 2011 at 5:21 pm |
    • hahah

good one

June 30, 2011 at 9:31 am |
  22. DJChilllyPhil, Jukebox King & Cold Stone God

Does the term "sexiest" in this case refer to a person's physical aesthetics in the eyes of others; or the amount one person can consume in one sitting? ;)

June 29, 2011 at 2:07 pm |
    • meat

i love meat!!! YUMMYYY. Vegetarians just dont know what theyre missing, but thats cool because that just leaves more tasty meat for me.

June 30, 2011 at 9:36 am |
Pinterest

| Part of

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 7,649 other followers