Coffee klatsch
June 22nd, 2011

Pssst! Got a sec to chat?

Posted by:
Filed under: Buzz • Coffee Klatsch

1. AuroraDawn

Sorry I missed ya'll today but...you know that work thing....Anyway, lol I'm in charge of BBQ'ing this weekend....just for the record...I love to cook but not a barbecue expert....I want to do something that is different...not the same old stuff...any ideas??? Anyway RH, Jerv, Truth and everyone else help a girl out please!!!!

June 22, 2011 at 11:12 pm |
    • Jerv@AD

Well hello stranger! I will leave the BBQ advice to RicH. I have heard tons of kudos from folks on Eatocracy that love his BBQ. Glad you are back AD.

June 23, 2011 at 7:01 am |
  2. JBJingles

Well, good afternoon if anyone is still here! I knew it was going to be busy, but not this busy. Almost done for the day though. And just a reminder that I have an excused absence tomorrow.... LOL

June 22, 2011 at 6:19 pm |
  3. Truth

Ok Flamenons, I am out. May check in later, but y'all have a great evening!

June 22, 2011 at 5:50 pm |
  4. wendy

i have a question. i am going to go 'weed killler' shopping this weekend. what have you guys used and found to be successful in killing ALL things green? i've got clover trying to take over my gravel driveway... i've tried lots of things... but nothing i've found so far works for more than a few days. it rains once, and boing! greenery is back.

June 22, 2011 at 4:38 pm |
    • Mare@Wendy

Round Up Concentrate. It'll last you a long time (if you don't have a lot of property), and you can adjust the mixture to fit your needs. We use a 5 – 10% solution for Poison Ivy, but a 2% for other things.

June 22, 2011 at 4:42 pm |
      • wendy

i've used roundup before... full strength... and it seems to peter out quickly. i'm usually reapplying it every week. but it's good for the grass around the bottom of the fences!! :)

June 22, 2011 at 4:51 pm |
    • MT Miner

Sterilan II will make the ground sterile for 7 years, i beleive it alters the PH. NOTE OF CAUTION-- Be very certain of where you put it, it will "run" a little once it gets wet, I had a spot it bled off the side of the driveway and killed a nice 6 inch wide strip 20 feet long into the pasture. Had to scrape said strip out about 6 inches deep, resoil, and reseed.

good old round up will kill things, but it doesn't have any pre-emergent abilities. Tordon is a great option, but its not so eco friendly, stays in ground for a long time, and you need a certified weed sprayer friend to get it for you.

I just sprayed my 13 acres 3 weeks ago, i used some commercial variations for that, as I do have a "contact"

June 22, 2011 at 4:46 pm |
      • wendy

see now that's what i need, the good stuff!! i want it to kill EVERYTHING. this clover is just horrible!! is Sterilan available to the public??

June 22, 2011 at 4:48 pm |
      • MT Miner

I know my local feed store has it available to the public. here is the first link i hit with a search

June 22, 2011 at 4:51 pm |
      • wendy

sweet! i'll go check it out.. i've got a Dressler's, an Orscheln's, and a Tractor Supply near me. one of them has to have it!! Thanks!!!

June 22, 2011 at 4:52 pm |
      • MT Miner

You bet! i would guess if they don't have it, they can get it at least.

June 22, 2011 at 4:55 pm |
  5. Evil Grin

Take that last minute project given two hours ago that had to get out the door today.

June 22, 2011 at 4:21 pm |
    • wendy

...and shove it?

June 22, 2011 at 4:27 pm |
      • Evil Grin

You are quite correct. I omitted an important comma. It should read:

"Take that, last minute project given two hours ago that had to get out the door today!"

I added an exclamation mark as well.

June 22, 2011 at 4:36 pm |
  6. wendy

alrighty, since we're sharing the almost-Darwin contenders today...

June 22, 2011 at 4:10 pm |
    • Truth@Wendy

As my Dad would say, "Now there's some quality individuals there..."

June 22, 2011 at 4:16 pm |
  7. MT Miner

On a more positive thought, I wish I could do like this guy does to get to work, being as I feed six of these critters, but 47 miles one way I would never sleep, lol. The kid and i do occasionally take a ride to Manhattan for ice cream though, 14 miles round trip.

June 22, 2011 at 4:08 pm |
    • Mare@MTM

$3.73 a gallon?! I paid $4.04 this morning!

June 22, 2011 at 4:25 pm |
      • MT Miner

Was $3.89 for diesel this morning here. Note to self, must fix the brides Civic this weekend and stop driving diesel truck!

June 22, 2011 at 4:31 pm |
    • wendy

i could do that!!! i work just 8 miles away from work...

June 22, 2011 at 4:27 pm |
      • MT Miner

* miles would be a pleasant start to the day, knock that down in an hour at a pleasant trot.

Article actually got me thinking, I have a set of coolers that go on my pack saddles, i could go to town for groceries one of these days, kiddo would love that.

June 22, 2011 at 4:29 pm |
      • Truth@Wendy, MTM

I used to run marathons, and it was always nice when I could combine a workoout with errands like returning books to the library. I still will jump on my mountain bike today if I am not carrying too much. Nice to save the fuel, the exhaust and get in some exercise.

June 22, 2011 at 4:32 pm |
      • MT Miner@Truth

Not sure if i am up for biking that far anymore or not, lol Used to use my mountain bike alot to stay in shape for hunting season, but time seems to be my limiting factor on that one any more.

I see a grocery trip coming the next weekend I have the kiddo over, I have the cooler packs, and these hard side panniers, can get 320 lbs of groceries with 2 pack horses :)

June 22, 2011 at 4:41 pm |
  8. Truth

Read the attached story, and can somebody kindly tell me what the #ell is wrong with people these days???

June 22, 2011 at 3:34 pm |
    • wendy

well now.. this raises several questions... was the cost of the ticket to the festival so high he couldnt afford it? was he actually INSIDE the resevoir under a tarp?? did he get away because noone wanted to touch him? i'd think it'd take a little bit of time to climb out of there. and lastly, was the lady able to overcome her fears and take care of business in another unit?

June 22, 2011 at 3:44 pm |
    • Queen of Everything@Truth

I have a few thoughts:
      1. That's disgusting
      2. How hard up do you have to be to fold yourself into a toilet bowl in order to see some schnauzer clam?
      3. Kudos to the cop for even attempting to stop Turd Man 'cuz I wouldn't even have attempted.
      4. If he did have cuts on back and legs then start checking local hospitals because Turd Man is going to get sick PDQ.
      5. That's disgusting.
      6. That's really effin' disgusting.

June 22, 2011 at 3:46 pm |
      • wendy

omg!!! 'schauzer clam'??? love it!!

June 22, 2011 at 3:51 pm |
    • Truth@Queen, Wendy

Given the attitude in Boulder, I would not be surprised if they elected thsi guy to be mayor, after throwing him a parade.

But I repeat...What the #ell is wrong with people these days???

June 22, 2011 at 3:59 pm |
    • MT Miner

Unreal, and, urrp, yuk.....

He will probably be in my neck of the woods next, we seem to gget all teh entertaining folks....

June 22, 2011 at 4:00 pm |
    • Evil Grin

That is some kind of desperate!

June 22, 2011 at 4:23 pm |
  9. random quote of the day

You forgive me. I'll forgive you. We'll forgive each other til we both turn blue, then we'll whistle

June 22, 2011 at 2:53 pm |
    • Queen of Everything@random

Do we have to whistle? I'd rather hold hands and skip.

June 22, 2011 at 3:48 pm |
  10. Breaking News!

The Klatsches new phone support number* is 1-800-EATOCRACY.

And now back to your regularly scheduled Eatocracy...

*Please note you must speak either Urdu or Punjabi to call phone support.

June 22, 2011 at 2:47 pm |
    • wendy

have you verified if they have a 'press 1 for spanish' option yet??

June 22, 2011 at 2:52 pm |
      • Breaking News!

The number you have reached is out of service...please hang up and try again.

June 22, 2011 at 3:02 pm |
    • Mare

Hello, my name is Peggy.

June 22, 2011 at 2:53 pm |
      • Breaking News!

The number you have reached is out of service....please hang up and try again.

June 22, 2011 at 3:03 pm |
      • Capital One@Mare

What's in your wallet?

June 22, 2011 at 3:05 pm |
  11. wendy

interesting... i wonder how they pay their owners back?

June 22, 2011 at 2:41 pm |
  12. wendy

please tell me WHY when i call SEARS to have my AMERICAN MADE lawnmower fixed they send me to a person in PAKISTAN??????

June 22, 2011 at 2:08 pm |
    • Queen of Everything@wendy

Silly Wendy, everybody knows that Pakistanis are lawn mower experts. It's their number one export after opium and suicide bombers.

June 22, 2011 at 2:12 pm |
      • wendy

LOL!!! i think i scared the guy in the cube next to me when i burst out laughing!!

June 22, 2011 at 2:13 pm |
      • Truth@Wendy, Queen

There is a muslim guy who has a hot dog cart near my building. One day, I observed someone in an argument with him. The argument ended when the man yelled "Oh, go blow yourself up!"...I hated myself for laughing, but it fit at the time.

June 22, 2011 at 2:23 pm |
      • MT Miner

Interesting, are you sure it is american made? My brand new 35hp 4×4 diesel tractor i bought last week is a new Holland, sounds American, but it has a Mitsubighi 4 cylinder diesel in it, and is made in Korea..... So New Holland out Sourced to japan and Korea, who probably have out sourced the support line to pakistan and india..... Just have to love a global economy.

June 22, 2011 at 2:29 pm |
      • wendy

it's a cherry red briggs and stratton push mower... when i bought it i asked about where it was made, etc... cuz i do like to buy 'local' when i can... my car is japanese though... @mare – as soon as the accent came on the line i said 'oh no, put me on with an american' and they transferred me back so i could get in touch with the repair center (which is incidentally less than 3 miles from my house). 800 nbrs are nice until you cant get the local number.

June 22, 2011 at 2:37 pm |
      • Michele G

Nooooo man, that's MEXICAN!

June 22, 2011 at 3:23 pm |
    • Mare@Wendy

To be honest with you – all level 1 calls go to India or Pakistan. The "script weenies" are cheap labor. That's why you never want to talk to level 1 – go right to level 2 or 3. You'll be connected with someone in the states.

June 22, 2011 at 2:25 pm |
  13. Truth

After an unbelievably un-productive morning, lunch. The rest of last night's blackened grilled chicken, which is delish even if I do say so.

June 22, 2011 at 2:00 pm |
  14. Mare

How can a vending machine not have Mt. Dew? Or Pepsi Max? Regular Pepsi – yup, Diet Coke – yup... Even Ginger Ale... but no Mt. Dew.....

June 22, 2011 at 1:35 pm |
    • Chicago Lady

That is so unfair!

June 22, 2011 at 1:55 pm |
  15. DJChilllyPhil, Jukebox King & Cold Stone God@The Jukebox

Let's roll...

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFxgCj_4K4A&w=640&h=390]

June 22, 2011 at 1:34 pm |
    • Jerv@DJC

I got about half way through and it stopped. But awesome!

June 22, 2011 at 2:24 pm |
  16. Jerv

Just ate me a nasty, disgusting chile and cheese dog with mustard, onion and hot sauce. Soo good...

June 22, 2011 at 1:14 pm |
  17. Mildred

http://menus.nypl.org/ is the link to the menu project I mentioned before... I thought I had already posted it!

June 22, 2011 at 12:26 pm |
    • JainaJade@Mildred

thanks for the linky! love looking at old school menus/cookbooks to get new ideas

June 22, 2011 at 1:08 pm |
  18. Queen of Everything

Is it naptime yet?

June 22, 2011 at 12:13 pm |
    • AleeD@QOE

hellyeahzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

June 22, 2011 at 12:15 pm |
    • DJChilllyPhil, Jukebox King & Cold Stone God

Naptime? YAY-zzzzzzzzzz

June 22, 2011 at 1:02 pm |
  19. Chicago Lady@ Truth

God must love stupid people because he made so many of them. What was that w/Nelson on the tater thread?

June 22, 2011 at 11:52 am |
    • Truth@ChiTownLady

He was copping an attitude and I gave it back to him. I have absolutely no patience for attitude today.

June 22, 2011 at 11:54 am |
  20. DJChilllyPhil, Jukebox King & Cold Stone God

Ugh... Why am I so tired today? I feel like I can just conk out at my desk any second now...

June 22, 2011 at 11:52 am |
    • AleeD@DJChilllyPhil, Jukebox King & Cold Stone God

This should wake you up.

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjjUq2nioJw&w=640&h=390]

June 22, 2011 at 11:58 am |
    • Mare@DJC

I'm right there with you – I think I did fall asleep (oops).

June 22, 2011 at 11:58 am |
  21. Evil Grin

Good day, chums. Just a quick check in. (Probably).

June 22, 2011 at 11:51 am |
    • Truth@EGrin

Do your minions have any good financial skills? If so, can I borrow one? I need to get too many things done today...ugh.

June 22, 2011 at 11:53 am |
      • Evil Grin

Minion the Original is a wiz at balancing a checkbook. I'll send him to you posthaste.

June 22, 2011 at 11:56 am |
  22. RichardHead

Color me GONE my friends. Texas here we come. Stay safe one and all.

June 22, 2011 at 11:29 am |
    • Ms. Grammar

And you, as well.

June 22, 2011 at 12:14 pm |
  23. Truth

Why on Earth does it feel like I am spending this day butt-deep in abject stupidity...?

June 22, 2011 at 11:25 am |
    • Queen of Everything@Truth

Because you are...

June 22, 2011 at 11:40 am |
      • Truth@Queen

Tenant comes in and wants to lease a parking space...my admin has him complete the application and mails his payment to the bank lockbox per procedure. Tenant come in the next day and wants to cancel. Throws a fit at my admin complaining "why did you cash the check so quickly?"...

June 22, 2011 at 11:48 am |
      • AleeD@Truth &QOE

Stupidity on their part does not constitute an emergency on ours.

Maybe he realized he paid for the parking spot with his, um, grass $$ and wanted it back. ;)

June 22, 2011 at 11:54 am |
  24. Mare

I think someone switched my regular coffee for decaf. 60+oz of the stuff, and I'm still falling asleep at my desk!

June 22, 2011 at 11:23 am |
  25. JBJingles

Good morning all! A quick hello before a busy day begins. Started out crummy as my telephone/cable internet service was out since last night. I never realized how dependent I was on the internets...no news, no weather, no games this morning!! :(

June 22, 2011 at 11:19 am |
  26. wendy

g'morn all! drive in to work was oh so pleasant!! a breezy 71' here in KC...sunshiney and happy all around!!! :) top down and stereo blasting... i took the long way to work and was only ten minutes late!! weekend news: my company is a Business Council Member at the Nelson Atkins Art Museum, and i shall be spending my Sunday wandering around looking at art and possibly making some of my own! they are going to have some activities set up for the kids...and i'm a 'kid'!! :) Krispy Kremes on my teardrop table..help yourselves! iced coffee (heavy on the chocolate, lite on the coffee) is mine though...

June 22, 2011 at 10:49 am |
  27. Michele G

sign off for now... hasta la veeeee

June 22, 2011 at 10:35 am |
  28. Chicago Lady

Happy Happy Hump Day! We had rain & winds up to 70 mph last night. I have never seen the trees in my front yard dance like that. (40 years old) Many limbs down and traffic nightmares. Flash flooding made driving a b!tch. Need diet pepsi.

June 22, 2011 at 10:08 am |
  29. Truth@Word of the Day

Word of the day time!
    fen·u·greek   /ˈfɛnyʊˌgrik, ˈfɛnʊ-/ Show Spelled[fen-yoo-greek, fen-oo-] Show IPA
    noun
    a plant, Trigonella foenum-graecum, of the legume family, indigenous to western Asia, but extensively cultivated elsewhere, chiefly for forage and for its mucilaginous seeds, which are used in medicine.

June 22, 2011 at 10:04 am |
    • Mare@WOD

Most of the Indian recipes I have require fenugreek.

June 22, 2011 at 10:10 am |
  30. Michele G

Just went to the library and it is a jungle to navigate. Hoo boy......

June 22, 2011 at 9:53 am |
  31. The Witty One@all

Morning everyone! Just popping in to say hi before my meeting :)

More Breaking News! later!

June 22, 2011 at 9:51 am |
    • Truth@2.0

I am loving those...

June 22, 2011 at 9:58 am |
  32. Mildred

Something that might interest people- The NYC Public Library is doing an open transcription project of their menu collection. Over 40,000 menus dating from the 1840s to the present. The menus are up for display and you only have to click on an item on the menu to transcribe it, if you want to. You can just look.

They're doing this to make the information searchable. That way, it's easier to ask "what did a cup of coffee cost in X year?" or "what types of dishes did they serve on trains?"

They also have some multi-lingual menus from the big ships going from Europe to America.

June 22, 2011 at 9:29 am |
    • Michele G

Will at least some of it be posted on-line?

June 22, 2011 at 9:32 am |
      • Mildred

The menus are available to look at now... I'm in fact looking a one for the Astor House (hotel) from Jan 1900.

They do intend to make the data available for exporting/searching. I'm not sure how the transcribed information will be made available, but the NYPL gets questions from all sorts of people (historians, chefs, nutritional scientists, novelists, etc) looking for specific details that they now have to answer by physically sorting through the menus. A digital database will make it a) easier to search, and b) cause less wear and tear on the menus (paper, photographs, etc) themselves.

June 22, 2011 at 9:48 am |
      • Michele G

Too cool. Never visited the NYPL in any sense so this will be a major "destination" one day soon. thanks for the info!

June 22, 2011 at 9:50 am |
    • Ms. Grammar

OOOOOOOOO...this is so COOL!!! Right down my alley. Can you post the link? If anyone's looking for me tonight and this weekend, that is where I'll be. Surfing the menus!

June 22, 2011 at 12:11 pm |
  33. MT Miner

Morning from Big Sky Country, beautiful day again.

June 22, 2011 at 9:28 am |
    • RichardHead@MTM

Morning,any evacuations due to flooding in your neck of the woods?

June 22, 2011 at 9:31 am |
      • MT Miner@RH

Things have slowed here some on the flooding, but with it getting into the 80's today, i expect to see the rivers coming back up. Has been some small scale evacuations over the last few weeks, but nothing too bad on this side of the state, the worst was on the east side, they had more rain in May than they normally get in an entire year.

June 22, 2011 at 11:58 am |
  34. DJChilllyPhil, Jukebox King & Cold Stone God

Good morning Klatschkies! How is everyone faring on this particular hump day?

Me? I'm trying to get in contact with our tech guy to see why one of our computers refuses to open a program without having to bust out the administrator privileges...

June 22, 2011 at 9:25 am |
  35. MalaDee

Can anyone tell me wassup with Nelson's post on the tuber thread?

June 22, 2011 at 9:25 am |
    • RichardHead

I believe he is speaking Alien,Illegal Alien at that.

June 22, 2011 at 9:29 am |
    • MalaDee@Truth

Nice job @ Nelson on the tuber thread. I don't know why his post hit me the wrong way, but it did.

June 22, 2011 at 10:03 am |
      • Truth@MalaDee

I have no patience for bloggers with attitude unless they are one of us...:)

June 22, 2011 at 10:11 am |
  36. Michele G

Morning grunts, er greets. Chocolate coffee is on with fruit blintzes.

Favorite dinner last night: baked potato with sour cream, chives, butter in there somewhere, too. and the REAL piece of resistance, a perfectly ripe avocado. I don't do it every evening but last night was one of those comfort food times.

June 22, 2011 at 9:24 am |
    • RichardHead@MG

What,NO Bacon? FAIL!!!!!

June 22, 2011 at 9:27 am |
      • Michele G

No bacon and at the time it did not seem appealing. I DO love bacon but there are times and then there are times.........

June 22, 2011 at 9:29 am |
  37. Truth

Ok, file this one under "EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW"

June 22, 2011 at 9:08 am |
    • Mare@Truth

I read about that the other day. His justification... they've been engaged for 5 years! WTF!?!?! Pedophile if you ask me.

June 22, 2011 at 9:10 am |
      • Hugh Hefner

Want some candy little girl?

June 22, 2011 at 9:15 am |
      • Evil Grin

They've been engaged since she was 11? Pedophile indeed.

June 22, 2011 at 11:52 am |
    • MalaDee@Truth, Mare & Hef

Grrr. Either adult women couldn't stand him or he's #ung like a squirrel.

I hope she comes to her senses soon.

June 22, 2011 at 9:21 am |
      • Ms. Grammar

Hung like a squirrel...LMAO!!!!!

June 22, 2011 at 12:05 pm |
    • Truth@Mare, MalaDee, Hef

I give it a year, tops. Followed by her appearance on The Apprentice and Dr Drew and lastly "Celebrity Rehab"...

June 22, 2011 at 9:23 am |
    • Mare

You have to wonder about the child's parent's. Who would even allow a child associate with someone old enough to be her grandfather!!!

June 22, 2011 at 9:24 am |
    • Michele G

Thought it was statutory rape to have even consensual sex with a minor......does marriage cancel that???

June 22, 2011 at 9:28 am |
      • Michele G

as in UNDER AGE marriage....I am legally retarded.......

June 22, 2011 at 9:35 am |
      • MalaDee@MicheleG

The age of minors varies in each states.

June 22, 2011 at 9:38 am |
      • Michele G

Oh, thanks....forgot about that part of it.

June 22, 2011 at 9:46 am |
      • MalaDee@Michele G

If they've been engaged since she was 11 (ew!), it would have to be proven that they'd been having s3x (ew! ew!) that long for him to go to jail. Knowing the age of consent doesn't remove the "creep" factor one bit. *shudder*

June 22, 2011 at 10:14 am |
      • Michele G

I totally understand and concur.......eeeeewwwwww, inappropriate, greedy, selfish, and just generally low rent......

June 22, 2011 at 10:34 am |
  38. Mare

Good morning all. Irish Cream flavored coffee and donuts for all this morning. A horrible storm went through WNY last night/morning, and we lost power. Woke up at 6:30 because it was too hot to sleep. Had to go to the store to buy coffee – no way of making it at home.

Enjoy the rain all!!!!

June 22, 2011 at 8:58 am |
  39. Mildred

Good morning everyone!

Tea with milk or lemon, crumpets with butter and marmalade are up for serving!

June 22, 2011 at 8:37 am |
  40. faith

Good morning all! I hope you all have a great Wednesday! Children are hanging off of me right now, so I'd better get them into a project.

June 22, 2011 at 8:36 am |
    • RichardHead@faith

Good Morning,make sure no glue is involved in the project.

June 22, 2011 at 8:39 am |
  41. MalaDee

Gooooooood Morning everybodeeee! Hot & humid here. Thanks for the coffee, JJ. It's comforting on a day like this.

Looks like Sir Bid's rain dance is finally taking effect. It's supposed to rain here in the next day or so. I'll keep it up for the fires in all parts of the country. Encouraging thoughts going out to RH & JJ.

I hope some trolls show up today. Repressed fury isn't healthy.

June 22, 2011 at 8:32 am |
    • RichardHead@AleeD

Morning and Thanks for the thoughts. I thought we had a good one with DQ on the tuber thread but alas like all trolls,they went back under the bridge.

June 22, 2011 at 8:53 am |
    • MalaDee@RH

Yeah. :( If trolls're gonna post hate like that, they need to grow a pair and take their beatings. Silly trolls.

June 22, 2011 at 9:05 am |
  42. SeaBee

Morning all. I would love a cup of coffee, Rich. It was a rather sleepless night. Thankfully, I have the day off today, and I don't have to really interact with people.

June 22, 2011 at 8:24 am |
    • RichardHead@SeaBee

Well,It's a good thing we are NOT people!! HA! Coffee headed your way.

June 22, 2011 at 8:28 am |
      • SeaBee@RH

The major difference is I can talk to all of you whilst still in my pajamas! Ha!

June 22, 2011 at 8:40 am |
      • RichardHead@SeaBee

I think my eyes are bleeding,Someone get me an exorcist.

June 22, 2011 at 8:46 am |
  43. Truth

Good morning all...Coffee and donuts. Cannot beat that combination.

Nice morning here in Denver. Looking forward to a good day here.

How is everyone doing today?

June 22, 2011 at 8:17 am |
    • RichardHead@Truth

Morning Bro-Waiting on Pepito to finish his siesta and start loading Big Blue. How'd the chicken turn out last night?

June 22, 2011 at 8:26 am |
      • Truth@RichHead

Chicken turned out GREAT! I do love grilling season.

You heading out or coming home? In either case, frive safely. Too many Ryan Dunns out there.

June 22, 2011 at 8:37 am |
      • RichardHead@Truth

In Florida waiting to head home. WD is getting antsy. I shall be grilling this weekend also, may do a beer can chicken.

June 22, 2011 at 8:43 am |
      • AleeD, Thread Dominatrix@RH

Do you need some help "encouraging" Pepito along?

SsssssssssssPOP!

June 22, 2011 at 9:27 am |
      • RichardHead@AleeD

Thanks,that perked his azz right up. Waiting on the fork lift guys to crank 'em up and maybe I can get on the road.

June 22, 2011 at 9:34 am |
  44. JainaJade

Good morning everyone
    I have some donuts and frozen hot chocolate for the group. Plan is to work from home in AM and then go to mom's house later and keep her company.

June 22, 2011 at 8:06 am |
    • Jerv@JJ

Hang in there JJ.

June 22, 2011 at 8:16 am |
    • RichardHead@JJ

Thanks for the goodies. WD and I are thinking of you and the family.

June 22, 2011 at 8:23 am |
    • DJChilllyPhil, Jukebox King & Cold Stone God@JJ

...Wait a sec... FROZEN Hot Chocolate?! How does this work!?

June 22, 2011 at 9:22 am |
      • JainaJade@DJChilly

Serendipity in NYC started it and now Dunkin Donuts has their own version. I got a coupon for a free one and decided to give it a go. They taste like a much richer chocolate milkshake

June 22, 2011 at 1:04 pm |
  45. Queen of Everything

Good morning, gents!
    Richard: You did not get docked any points for your nap yesterday. It's not the quality or frequency of the posts that matter, it is whether you post or not.

June 22, 2011 at 8:05 am |
    • RichardHead@Queen

Oh,Thank You my Darling..I was going to lose sleep over the points deduction. Here is your cup of coffee just like you like it.

June 22, 2011 at 8:08 am |
  46. RichardHead

Coffee,Need Coffee–What's up Chumarinos? Got a phone call from my neighbor last night that 3 separate wildfires were burning within a mile of the Hacienda–380 acres burned before the Katy Fire Dept got a good handle on it. Rain is in the forecast (Finally) this morning so that should help a little bit. Was I docked any points from the Queen yesterday? I was sleeping and missed all the excitement.

June 22, 2011 at 7:24 am |
    • Jerv@RicH

Morning dude. That fire is way too close for comfort. Thank the gods you are getting some rain. North Carolina has a fire going on and the smoke has made it's way to VA. As for yesterdays burger question (QOD) I saw a dude eat an entire whopper in one bite. No lie.

June 22, 2011 at 7:56 am |
      • RichardHead@Jerv

Good Morning my friend–The only person with jaws like that was Linda Lovelace but she wasn't eating a burger. :)) HA! Yeah with me in Florida it does make you stop and think about your home and property.....Hope it rains all day there.

June 22, 2011 at 8:03 am |
      • Jerv@RicH

Yeah me too. Okay, I've checked in so now I'm checking out until lunch. You, Q, JJ and everyone else have a great morning!

June 22, 2011 at 8:19 am |
    • Mare@RH

Way too close for me. I'd be freaking out.

Stay safe!

June 22, 2011 at 8:55 am |
      • RichardHead@Mare

Thank You but I have WD to protect me–she is dressed as Kato this morning,ready to karate chop any evil doers.

June 22, 2011 at 9:00 am |
Pinterest

| Part of

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 7,623 other followers