Facebook's Mark Zuckerberg eats only what he kills
May 26th, 2011

When he's not too busy connecting people across the universe, Mark Zuckerberg is pursuing a new "personal challenge," as he calls it. "The only meat I'm eating is from animals I've killed myself," says the Facebook founder and CEO.

It's an odd dietary direction for the 27-year-old Internet billionaire, but since he has taken to killing goats, pigs and chickens, "I'm eating a lot healthier foods. And I've learned a lot about sustainable farming and raising of animals," he says. "It's easy to take the food we eat for granted when we can eat good things every day."

Zuckerberg's new goal came to light, not surprisingly, on Facebook. On May 4, Zuckerberg posted a note to the 847 friends on his private page: "I just killed a pig and a goat."

Read Mark Zuckerberg's new challenge: Eating only what he kills (and yes, we do mean literally...)

Previously - Our pal buddy kills a squirrel and we serve it and we witness a pig slaughter and make some sausage

1. MagickMarley

Karma dude...

June 2, 2011 at 2:13 pm |
  2. Baljit Deot

“Our food is not just food: it is you. What you eat, you become. If you eat something which is fundamentally based on murder, on violence, you cannot rise above the law of necessity. You will remain more or less an animal. The human is born when you start moving above the animals, when you start doing something to yourself which no animal can do. Vegetarianism is a conscious effort, a deliberate effort, to get out of the heaviness that keeps you tethered to the earth so that you can fly — so that the flight from the alone to the alone becomes possible. The lighter the food, the deeper goes the meditation” ~ Osho

June 1, 2011 at 4:21 pm |
    • Mark

"One just needs a little alertness to see and find out: Life is really a great cosmic laughter."
      — Osho Meaning that vegans take themselves way too seriously. Laugh and live people.

June 2, 2011 at 2:22 pm |
  3. Kardic

I'm sorry. This proves only that he is a rich secluded jerk. To do what he says he is doing takes money. He is not raising the animal or its food. I wonder how much pleasure he gets from the "kill". For me I prefer my grass fed beef to come nicely wrapped in vacum seal plastic so I can freeze and eat at a later date. Hell it doesn't even have to be real meat. Just taste good and be good for me.

May 31, 2011 at 12:56 pm |
  4. timinfl

Oh gawd!! eatin a burger must be messssy!

May 29, 2011 at 12:21 pm |
  5. Ralph

So-called farm animal are just as intelligent and sensitive as your pet dogs or cats. BTW – we are ALL animals.

And to answer a previous post – when humans deliberately kill, it is WORSE because they know the victims suffer pain not to mention acute terror – but they do it anyway – for just a momentary pleasure of taste.

I am appalled at all the insensitivity shown on this board – but should I be surprised? No! Look at all the folks who don't care if the Arctic Wildlife refuge is despoiled just so they can get gas for their SUV's.

May 28, 2011 at 5:24 pm |
    • mehungry

@Ralph, I am pretty sure a lot of folks on here love nature just as much as you do. Being a meat eater doesn't make person evil or irresponsible. I love eating animals but also love the environment. I have never own a car and planned on keeping it that way for as long as possible.
      Some days I eat vegan and there are days when a visit to a BBQ churrascaria is what I want. I agree that the meat industry in the U.S waste a lot energy farming cow, sheep, etc and I understand someone people may not want to support that. However, not eating meat because animals are equal to human doesn’t make sense to my Christian upbringing or my scientist training.

May 31, 2011 at 12:27 pm |
  6. Fuckdisshit

The second and third parts of the sentence, obviously, being

1) I sh*t what I eat
    2) I fertilize plants with what I sh*t

May 28, 2011 at 1:50 pm |
  7. MD

@Rahul: you see no difference between human beings and lions?

May 28, 2011 at 8:48 am |
  8. neowin

There should be a fine line on which topics America should support. This is not who we are. Publicizing your feat to prove your alphamale dominance should be taken with a grain of salt. To the wrong eyes and ears (specially children), it can be interpreted in a wrong way and cause irreversible influence. It all starts with killing animals, later adrenaline settles in and need to be leveled up, moving you up to something unacceptable. The verb "kill" should be used with care. This shows how rich people, influential, and powerful people can get away from scrutiny for their actions.

May 28, 2011 at 1:38 am |
    • neowin

This Memorial weekend... Let's support our Americol idol – Zuckermann! Let's all go kill ourselves a pig and goat! And while you're at it, let's kill some cows, dogs, chickens, etc! LOL (Thanks zuckermann for setting such a good example to us all)! Viva el Zuckermann!

May 28, 2011 at 1:59 am |
  9. scott

so what? animals were put on earth to feed us its called the food chain all you vegan/peta idiots!!!

May 27, 2011 at 10:35 pm |
  10. blessedgeek

125 score years ago, a great human, in whose symbolic shadow we stand today, declared an emancipation.

But 2500 years later, animals are still not free. 2500 years later, the life of the animal is still sadly crippled by the manacles of carnivores and the chains of exploitation. So we have come here today to dramatize a shameful condition.

In a sense we have come to have a self-check. When the Architect of our Universe wrote the magnificent words of equality that all animals would be guaranteed the unalienable rights of life and liberty.

It is obvious today that the Great Architect has defaulted on His promise. Instead of honoring His sacred obligation, animals are taken as food. But we refuse to believe that. We refuse to believe that animals are for food. So we have come to tell the Great Architect that "Enough is Enough!". Now is the time to make justice a reality for all of His creation.

There will be neither rest nor tranquility in the Universe until every animal is granted their rights. The whirlwinds of revolt against the Architect will continue to shake the foundations of the Creation until the bright day of justice emerges. On equality we shall build our temple and the gates of Heaven will not stand against it.

We must forever conduct our struggle on the high plane of dignity and discipline. We must not allow our Creator excuse to destroy us. Nor the militancy of his hosts be exercised against us as their destiny is tied up with our destiny. They should come to realize that their destiny is inextricably bound to the freedom of all creatures.

No, no, we are not satisfied, and we will not be satisfied until equality rolls down like waters and righteousness like a mighty stream and universal redemption as a mighty gushing wind.

I still have a dream.

I have a dream that one day this creation will arise up and live out their true destiny: hold these truths to be self-evident: that all creatures are created equal.

I have a dream that one day on the red hills of the Savanah the children of lions and gazelles will sit down together at the ring of brotherhood.

I have a dream that one day even in fiery burning perdition, the fires will calm to a stand still and the children Islam will sit with the children of Catholics.

I have a dream that children of Buddha and Khrisna will roll on the joyous sands with the children of Martin Luther and Hudson Taylor.

I have a dream today.

I have a dream that one day, the vicious carnivores down Russia, Georgia and China will abate their tastes for meat of fellow animals.

I have a dream today.

I have a dream that one day every valley shall be exalted, every hill and mountain shall be made low, the rough places will be made plain, and the crooked places will be made straight, and the glory of the creation shall be revealed, and all flesh shall see it together.

This is our hope. With this faith we will be able to transform the jangling discords of our Universe into a beautiful symphony of coexistence.

This will be the day when all of God's children will be able to sing with a new meaning, "My country, 'tis of thee, sweet land of liberty, of thee I sing. Land where my fathers died, land of the pilgrim's pride, from every mountainside, let freedom ring."

Let equality ring.

Let equality ring from the rings of Saturn!

Let equality ring from the curvaceous chains of Andromeda!

But not only that; let equality ring from centre of the Milky Way!

Let equality ring from the pillars of the Eagle Nubula!

Let equality ring from every black hole, worm hole and star mole.

And when this happens, when we allow equality to ring, when we let it ring from every continent and every planet, from every constellation and every galaxy, we will be able to speed up that day when all creation, will be able to join and sing, "Equal at last! Equal at last! thank Almighty, we are equal at last!"

May 27, 2011 at 9:06 pm |
    • MLK

Vegans still suck on my Hambone.

May 27, 2011 at 9:23 pm |
    • The Witty One@blessedgeek

125 score would be 2500 years....just sayin'.

May 31, 2011 at 5:05 pm |
  11. Alan

What a major douchebag lol

May 27, 2011 at 7:55 pm |
  12. morepracticalguy

Might I simply recommend going to Whole Foods next time.

May 27, 2011 at 7:52 pm |
  13. Idnygtit

Why is this news?

May 27, 2011 at 7:50 pm |
  14. OldGrandma@VeganGina

I can't remember why I'm writing you........So STFU and EAT MORE MEAT!!!

May 27, 2011 at 7:49 pm |
  15. Ed

Wow, hunters like myself have been doing this all our lives and we are heathens....Zuck-nut does it and the guy is the second-coming... Good grief you people need to wake up and understand what happens in the real world. Just goes to show how insulated people are when a natural cycle in life stops them cold and makes news.

May 27, 2011 at 7:47 pm |
  16. mehungry

It's me again. Why are folks so angry on a Friday evening? Come on; go have a drink, a smoke, a chapter in the bible or whatever vice you’re into these days. Vegans vs Meaters is crazy talk. We balance each other like that Chinese symbol that looks like a big black and white cookie.
    Live and let live. TGIF

May 27, 2011 at 7:33 pm |
  17. Bill

I eat mostly meats that are raised on a vegetarian diet. Does that count. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm steak

May 27, 2011 at 7:30 pm |
  18. harry

He's got too much money too soon and too little maturity. He thinks we care about him. He's getting weird.

May 27, 2011 at 7:29 pm |
  19. Charmaine Ripton

It'd be better if he just simply became a vegetarian.

May 27, 2011 at 7:24 pm |
    • Bill

boring

May 27, 2011 at 7:28 pm |
  20. FartyArse

I eat mostly vegetarian, but will eat meat grown locally. I go to Whole Foods and a lot of the "natural", vegetarian options are processed with some chemical. For instance, these "militant vegetarians" may say they only eat tofu, tempeh etc, however they forget that soy grown in South America, in particular in the Pantanal region, is responsible for the destruction of the jaguar habitat.

Also, unless it is organic, farming vegetables uses fertilizers ( petroleum by-product) and herbicides that damage rivers and streams.

Do us a favor vegnuts, if you want to cease impacting the planet advocate for euthanasia.

May 27, 2011 at 7:02 pm |
  21. jdcc2010

I think he is sort of crazy...Anyone who would want to kill an animal out of enjoyment is sick...most serial killers start just killing kittens and puppies, birds....who knows how long he has been killing animals...most serial killers have no empathy or sympathy for killing them and they also seem to enjoy the blood and the struggle of the animal...Has he been trained as a butcher to kill them in a humane manner...maybe he's thinking of his enemies or people he hates while he's doing it.....I know of farmers who do the same thing....who know how he kills these animals, maybe he makes them suffer, gets enjoyment out of that....I think a man who doesn't care about most people or their privacy issues as he told the media from the get go...is a person who can't be trusted....but, then...maybe he's a nice guy....whose just misunderstood.

May 27, 2011 at 6:50 pm |
    • FartyArse

By locally and visit your farmer. If you think all kosher butchers are good, see this video: http://www.meatvideo.com

May 27, 2011 at 7:07 pm |
  22. Yodaaa

1. WHO CARES !!!
    2. That is a novel idea Mark ! Today I will eat steak.....mmmm...let me brig my cow to my backyard and killit.....now...whoah...there is a lot of blood going down the drain...whatever.....Now I only need a big freezer to store the rest of muy cow.. Maybe on Tuesday we will have PORK chops....same drill as with the cow.

Oops...there is a lot of meat....a lot of waste...an very unsanitary....I think I wiill go to the Supermarket instead. It is a little more convenient and EFFICIENT.

May 27, 2011 at 6:38 pm |
  23. Marty

Have you sheeple (no pun intended) considered that this idiot has actually lost his mind?

May 27, 2011 at 6:27 pm |
  24. ENRAGED_VEGAN

Finally he does something cool. Killing animals and eating their spiced, grilled flesh is something humans were meant to do.

May 27, 2011 at 6:17 pm |
  25. Ang

I don't think we fought this long to get to the top of the food chain to NOT eat meat! Meatatarians (and farmers) unite....GO MEAT!!

May 27, 2011 at 5:48 pm |
  26. Mike

Wonder if he stole the pig and goat.

May 27, 2011 at 5:36 pm |
  27. Linda

Wow, all these good folk who think this is all perfectly fine. Heck, they even have their little ones raise the critters name them and shout out "you forgot one!" at slaughter time. It's called child abuse and you are helping to raise a nation of psychopaths.

As long as so called superior people put their immediate gratification, via their taste buds ahead of fundamental compassion for other living beings, it is no wonder this world continues to be a place of cruelty and suffering, for animals and people.

Oh, and snot nosed Zuckerberg is jaded now that he's made billions on an idea he ripped off. He has to get his kicks from killing and justifies it in the name of health and sustainability. What a creep.

BOYCOTT FACEBOOK. You're wasting your time anyway.

May 27, 2011 at 5:29 pm |
    • Here comes the Rooster

You should really eat some proteins as nature intended. Your blog post would be much less insane.

May 27, 2011 at 6:00 pm |
1 2 3 4 5
Pinterest

| Part of

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 7,640 other followers