Culinary courtship: how to pinpoint a Sloppy Joe
March 17th, 2011

Spring is the season for new beginnings and budding romances. There are couples canoodling as they dine alfresco outside restaurants everywhere. You can practically smell the sizzling steaks as you stroll down the street. And you can't walk in the park without stumbling on a romantic picnic.

Spring is all about dining in the great outdoors. It's about love and it's about barbecue sauce.

As someone who has dated any number of men who make Al Bundy look like Mario Batali, I should know. My dyspeptic dating disasters inspired me to conduct a study of the male species via their stomachs. I interviewed more than 200 men and women about the connection between a man's wining and dining style and his mating style. I discovered you can divine a man's essence from his culinary style.

Read the rest of "Pick a man by his winning culinary style" on CNN Living.

Posted by:
Filed under: Bite • Culture • Dating • Etiquette

1. web hosting

I simply could not depart your site before suggesting that I actually enjoyed the usual info a person supply in your visitors? Is going to be back often to inspect new posts web hosting http://www.dancome.org

May 16, 2013 at 9:01 am | Reply
  2. emma

he can eat me anyday! mmmm

March 17, 2011 at 3:00 pm | Reply
  3. AleeD

It's a nice rule-of-thumb, but it's by no means fool proof. Chances are if he's polite and mannerly when he's eating, he'll treat a lady like a lady in a relationship. Respect for self – respect for others.

March 17, 2011 at 12:29 pm | Reply
  4. Evil Grin

This seems pretty shallow, to base someone's worth as a mate on whether or not he brings champagne on a picnic instead of beer.

March 17, 2011 at 11:42 am | Reply
    • MicheleG

Can you say "space filler?"

March 17, 2011 at 11:54 am | Reply
      • Evil Grin

I sure hope. I'd hate to think that if I didn't prefer to grill every meal, I'd be considered a lazy slob.

March 17, 2011 at 1:06 pm | Reply