March 3rd, 2011

Wherein we chat with Newsroom's Suzanne Malveaux about how Le Bernardin's fish butcher Justo Thomas and Chef Eric Ripert work with City Harvest help get rescued food to hungry New Yorkers.

Previously - The fish butcher and Five shocking statistics about hunger

Posted by:
Filed under: Celebrity Chefs • Content Partner • Eric Ripert • Food Politics • Hunger • TV-CNN Newsroom

« Previous entry
  1. Evil Grin

I'm glad someone is doing something with what restaurants have left over.

March 4, 2011 at 10:57 am | Reply
  2. Truth@Kat

Great piece!
    Glad to see that there is a good use for food that would otherwise go to waste. You have a great presence on camera there Kat

March 4, 2011 at 10:30 am | Reply
  3. Whatever

as long as it's not shmeat. noshmeat.com

March 4, 2011 at 10:23 am | Reply
    • stnapremmaHcM elzzidJ

March 4, 2011 at 10:42 am | Reply
      • stnapremmaHcM elzzidJ

Nice little quote for you from the article, common theme amongst the vegans:

Are the vegans in your life disappointed about your change?

“Disappointed”? How about f**king enraged and insecure as hell? I have a few vegan friends who I respect beyond measure, and they are not the ones I’m talking about here. I’m talking about the people who just think they know everything without even having talked to me directly once. I’m always being nice to these people because I really don’t care for the drama, but god damn they’re relentless! They make stuff up about me left and right, trying to make themselves believe that everything is okay and I failed because “I did veganism wrong.” I actually told one of them how I did everything “right” and he just went, “No, no, I don’t believe you. If you had done everything right, you wouldn’t have had problems.” Jeez. Okay, then, whatever. I really don’t care at this point. People who are this stupid should be left to eat a vegan diet and ruin their health, at least badly enough so that they lose their ability to reproduce.

March 4, 2011 at 10:46 am | Reply
  4. AleeD

Super! Would that more people were as thoughtful & charitable.

March 3, 2011 at 3:31 pm | Reply