Where's the beef? According to a class action lawsuit filed by the Beasley Allen law firm out of Montgomery, Alabama, it's certainly not in Taco Bell's "taco meat filling."
The "seasoned ground beef" contains less than 35 percent beef - the other 65 percent of the meat-like mixture is: water, isolated oat product, salt, chili pepper, onion powder, tomato powder, oats (wheat), soy lecithin, sugar, spices, maltodextrin, soybean oil (anti-dusting agent), garlic powder, autolyzed yeast extract, citric acid, caramel color, cocoa powder (processed with alkali), silicon dioxide (anti-caking agent), natural flavors, yeast, modified corn starch, natural smoke flavor, salt, sodium phosphate, less than 2% of beef broth, potassium phosphate and potassium lactate.
Whew, did you get all that? Oh, there's also caramel color and natural smoke flavor added.
Next entry »Taco Bell has a cow over beef grief