Breakfast buffet
January 24th, 2011

While you're frying up some eggs and bacon, we're cooking up something else: a way to celebrate today's food holiday and the most delicious finds on TV.

January 24 is National Peanut Butter Day, and you already know what time it is.

What satiates hunger better than a PB&J and a tall glass of milk? This sandwich is straight out of kindergarten, but we’re still hooked and probably always will be. No bread? Eat it straight out of the jar with a spoon. It’s just as good.

Now, the only question is, how do you take yours: crunchy or creamy?

What's on TV?

“Catch It Keep It” – The Science Channel, 9 a.m. ET
Contestants must save a pyramid of beer from three explosives in order to win the whole lot.

“Mad Hungry with Lucinda Scala Quinn” – Hallmark Channel, 11:30 a.m. ET
Lucinda makes family-favorite Mediterranean dishes, including leg of lamb, tabbouleh and stuffed artichokes.

“Harold and Kumar Go to White Castle” – Comedy Central, 7 p.m. ET
Two friends go on a journey for White Castle hamburgers and encounter many obstacles on the way.

“Cake Boss: Next Great Baker” – TLC, 9 p.m. ET
One baker takes home the top prize of $50,000 and is crowned the Next Great Baker.

“Unwrapped” – Food Network, 9 p.m. ET
Game day favorites such as Frito’s Scoops, Hormel chili and Big’s sunflower seeds are explored.

1. Evil Grin

Creamy peanut butter for me. A toasted PB&J sounds good today, with a potato soup.

January 24, 2011 at 9:47 am | Reply
    • Jerv@EvilG

Yup, doing that toninght with potato and corn chowder.

January 24, 2011 at 10:27 am | Reply
      • Jerv

Oh, an chocolate milk.

January 24, 2011 at 10:40 am | Reply
      • Evil Grin

Sounds like dinners I used to love as a kid. Warm soup, grilled cheese or PB&J and chocolate milk or juice. Brings back memories. Although now that I think about it, we might have had these meals so often because they were easy for my mom. Canned soup and sandwiches? That's a no brainer.

They still have a special place in my heart, though.

January 24, 2011 at 10:56 am | Reply
    • JainaJade@EG

Also doing Potato Soup (Cream of Two Potato Soup) tonight, but with Cheddar Cheese bread. My OH is allergic to peanuts so have to keep a peanut free kitchen. So whenever one of us goes on a business trip I tend to go on peanut benders. I prefer chunky toasted with honey and bananas, however it's such a rare treat that I would happily settle for creamy!

January 24, 2011 at 10:35 am | Reply
      • Evil Grin

Ooh. Sorry about the peanut allergy. I don't know how I'd do it, myself. I eat a lot of nut products. Maybe you can sneak a peanut butter sandwich at work once in awhile.

January 24, 2011 at 10:58 am | Reply
      • JainaJade@Evil

I have snuck in some Reese's before but his allergy is so bad that if I spaz and kiss him before brushing my teeth his lips get itchy. I'm just thankful it isn't an airborne allergy so we don't have to worry about going to restaurants as long as we check what oil they use ahead of time.

January 24, 2011 at 11:43 am | Reply
  2. Jerv

It's gotta be crunchy! How's it going Natalie?

January 24, 2011 at 9:40 am | Reply