January 17th, 2011

Starbucks will offer a new plus-sized iced drink beginning this week.

The "Trenta" will be 31 ounces - one ounce shy of a quart - and available for iced coffee, Tazo shaken iced tea and iced tea lemonade.

Starbucks (SBUX, Fortune 500) is rolling out the Trenta in 14 states in the South and Southwest beginning Tuesday. In early May, the Trenta will be sold in all U.S. Starbucks stores, the company said

The Trenta-sized drinks will cost 50 cents more than its current tallest drink, the 24-ounce "Venti Iced," according to Starbucks. The tallest hot drink is the 20-ounce "Venti."

Read Starbucks super-sizes some drinks

Posted by:
Filed under: Business and Farming News • Coffee • Sip

1. Sebastian

Caffeine makes you pee.

And Starbucks genetically alters their coffee to have about seven times the caffeine of other beans AND you have more of it in the cup.......

January 20, 2011 at 10:54 am | Reply
  2. tdr

And what does the content of this article have to do with "carry a diaper"?? I don't get it.

January 20, 2011 at 10:36 am | Reply
    • Marcus

I'm with you!

January 20, 2011 at 11:39 am | Reply
  3. tdr

Trentuno ounces of iced coffee isn't so much. It's mostly ice. And noone drinks iced coffee in one sitting. You carry it around all day slowly drinking the sugary watery coffee until all the ice is melted. Can you tell I've done this before? :-)

Perhaps a better marketing decision would have been to release an iced coffee drink when the temperature is about 30 degrees though.

Ciao Belli!

January 20, 2011 at 10:36 am | Reply
  4. Adam P

uhh, shouldn't it be "trentuno"? Come on, SB; 3 or 4% of Americans still know some Italian.

January 19, 2011 at 9:14 pm | Reply
  5. MT Miner

Never developed a taste for the iced coffees, but my "go cup" holds a half a pot of coffee, just enough to get me the 46 miles to work in the morning, then 2 or 3 refills gets me to lunch, gotta have that caffiene! Not too bad for me since I like it like my women, pure :)

January 18, 2011 at 5:34 pm | Reply
  6. greenbird321

heehee, we've had it here in AZ for a year...and it is fantastic!

January 18, 2011 at 3:18 pm | Reply
  7. Truth

31 ounces of iced coffee and I will be awake until Saturday.
    No, No, No, No...this is wrond on so many levels...

January 18, 2011 at 2:10 pm | Reply
  8. oskie

31 oz. of delicious iced coffee? yes yes yes. bring it on! *SLLLUUUUUURRRRRRP* ahhhhh.

so excited for the trenta!

January 18, 2011 at 1:59 pm | Reply
  9. Evil Grin

How can anyone even drink 31 ounces in one sitting?

I've noticed that practically everywhere drink sizes are increasing. The only real problem I have with it is that I don't want to pay an extra 50 cents for extra liquid I probably won't drink. I'm always searching for the smallest sizes. Some of them are buried pretty deep. Even asking for a child's size doesn't always get you their small drinks anymore.

January 18, 2011 at 10:49 am | Reply