Coffee klatsch
January 7th, 2011

Pssst! Got a sec to chat?

Consider the daily Coffee klatsch post as your VIP lounge – the primary comments thread for readers who'd like to chat about topics not related to the articles we're running. That way, everyone knows where to find each other, and each post's comments section remains on topic.

Why do birds suddenly appear every time Los Flamenons are near?

(We suspect it's because they keep jerky in their pockets, but that has yet to be conclusively proven.)

Posted by:
Filed under: Buzz • Coffee Klatsch

Next entry »
  1. Queen of Everything from the Castle@All

Happy Sunday! The Queen is moving slowly this morning. Someone kept me up waaaay past my bedtime last night but it was worth it. I hope you have a nice lazy Sunday afternoon. See you in the morning!

January 9, 2011 at 11:34 am |
    • RichardHead@Queen

Yep,That Peyton Manning sure does cry LOUDLY doesn't he? JETS.JETS,JETS! Change his diaper Please! Ha! Have a Good Day Everyone!

January 9, 2011 at 12:19 pm |
      • Queen of Everything from the Castle@RH

I'm glad you have another team to fall back on because Lord knows nobody is going to be cheering for the Texans anytime soon.

January 9, 2011 at 1:39 pm |
      • RichardHead@Queen

Are you speaking of that Loser team in Houston? HA! KC is doing pretty well right now. Better than the Colis. Elvis is at ArrowHead Stadium rooting them on!

January 9, 2011 at 2:53 pm |
  2. Anita Souschef

Is no one alive on Sunday? Watched a great movie last night. The Good Shephard. DeNiro Coppola project. Dang near as good as The Godfather. Terrific cast. All about the birth of the CIA. WWII to Bay of Pigs and Skull and Bones to boot! Rent it now. Fair warning: it is long. Extra large bowl of popcorn required. Really big fountain Coke. You won't be able to stop watching it even when your posterior goes numb and your kidneys rebel.

January 9, 2011 at 11:13 am |
  3. RichardHead

O.K. Guess I gotta turn out the lights-The Party's over. Have a Great Weekend Everybody!

January 8, 2011 at 7:24 pm |
  4. RichardHead@Tazer

Should have gone across the street to the Burger joint and you could have used Burger grease and had dinner at the same time.

January 8, 2011 at 6:30 pm |
    • RichardHead@Tazer

Hey Girl,I gotta run. Have a Great weekend and think of some more gun questions.

January 8, 2011 at 7:08 pm |
  5. Tazer

I smell like a grease monkey now... had to fix the d@mn door sqeeeeeeeaaaaaakkkkkkkkk.... squueeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaakkkkkkkkkk..... and of course all we have is a POS can of grease stuff. Goody goody.

January 8, 2011 at 6:25 pm |
  6. RichardHead@Truth

Now being said online that war records cannot be found for the shooter. Hmmmm...Interesting!

January 8, 2011 at 6:07 pm |
    • Truth@RichHead, Tazer

Interesting...Maybe I will peruse the internets or hit the google later on...

That said, I am out. Almost dinner time here. Enjoy the rest of the weekend all!

January 8, 2011 at 6:12 pm |
      • RichardHead@Truth

Have a Great weekend Brother. Talk to ya Monday.

January 8, 2011 at 6:17 pm |
  7. Tazer

Appreciate the advice guys! Now I want to go to the range!

So, anything fun going on this weekend?

January 8, 2011 at 5:48 pm |
    • RichardHead@Tazer

Other than us both being psyched about a Girl that knows about guns? NO,not really!

January 8, 2011 at 6:01 pm |
      • Tazer@Rich

And me being able to talk to some knowledgeable men about them is always fun too!

Want to talk about noise and recoil... My old 30-06 is a freaking mule kicker. It's fun to shoot but good god the shoulder is sore for a few days even holding it properly.

January 8, 2011 at 6:27 pm |
      • RichardHead@Tazer

Yep,I"ve got a 30-30 that does the same thing. Only way to prevent it is padded shoulder protection! Noise-Sonic ear valves and Nascar headphones.

January 8, 2011 at 6:39 pm |
  8. RichardHead@Tazer

I started many years ago with a Belgium made Browning .9mm. The Company has been sold so many times I think the metal now comes from China so YES,Glock is the Best. Go to a good Indoor shooting range and you can rent all of the above. Just take your time until you find what you want.

January 8, 2011 at 5:44 pm |
  9. RichardHead@Tazer

You must remember lead time but O.K. Your in. Ha! I Love It!

January 8, 2011 at 5:12 pm |
  10. Tazer@Richard

If you let me join in y'alls target shooting it sounds like a perfect afternoon :)

January 8, 2011 at 5:09 pm |
    • Truth@RichHead, Tazer

You're in!
      I taught my bride to trap shoot last year and she LOVED it. She is still a little reluctant to try my Glock, but I am sure I can start her with a .22 or a .38. She would love the company Taze, so you're in!

January 8, 2011 at 5:12 pm |
    • Tazer@Richard, Truth

I grew up with rifles and shotguns. I'm a decent shot with a pistol and I'd love to get more experience. CA sucks as far as being able to get a CCW though so if I bought one it'd be for home protection and target shooting. I have been eyeing a Glock 30 .45 for quite a while. I'd also like to get a Mossberg tactical 12ga for grins. Ah, if I was rich....

January 8, 2011 at 5:19 pm |
      • RichardHead@Tazer

Holy guacamole Your Serious. That .45 will mess up your wrist. Try a Glock 19 .9mm,only takes 2 well placed shots if ya know what I mean. Ya gotta leave something for the coroner to look at or they get real P.O.'d.

January 8, 2011 at 5:25 pm |
      • Tazer@Richard

I've actually shot it on quite a few occasions and I really liked it. It can be a little snappy but it didnt' bug me. I'm far from petite at 6'0" so I've got a bit more... how to say this... muscle than your average girl.

Still haven't decided what to get, so all the options are open. I do like Glocks and will probably stick with one for my first purchase.

January 8, 2011 at 5:35 pm |
      • Truth@RichHead, Tazer

I carry a Glock 30 and love it. I want to start my wife off though with something a little smaller. I just took to a .45, since it was what I had to qualify for in the service.

January 8, 2011 at 5:42 pm |
      • RichardHead@Truth

You guys like noise and recoil. I like accuracy and a quick end to the B.S. if it comes to that.

January 8, 2011 at 5:49 pm |
  11. RichardHead@Tazer

Hey, We are always here for ya. Vent all you want! Hell,I'll even bring the Beer and a cot if need be.

January 8, 2011 at 5:05 pm |
  12. RichardHead@Truth

Was just listening to Obozo-nobody releasing much of anything. Fed Judge killed so this can't be spun in a very good direction.

January 8, 2011 at 4:54 pm |
  13. Truth@RichHead

I am curious how the Afghan war vet part will be spun. PTSD is a rough thing, but he sounds more one of the angry guy who wash out. Saw a few guys in basic (briefly) try to shoot their mouths off the same way.

January 8, 2011 at 4:50 pm |
  14. RichardHead@Truth

I DO agree with you! Can't take mine on the truck,but any other time it's with me. Had the same thing happen in East Texas a while back too.

January 8, 2011 at 4:44 pm |
  15. Truth@RichHead

Hopefully he has an "accident" in short order.

Not sure if it made the news in your neck of the woods, but CO had several church shootings in recent years. Makes Miss Siagon nuts, but that is why I carry. Between me and several other guys, we usually have a half dozen or so in service most weeks. CCWs are GOOD things.

January 8, 2011 at 4:41 pm |
  16. RichardHead@Truth

Damn,Your good. 9mth.old baby first fatality. This Boy may not have any nuts before he makes it to trial,if at all.

January 8, 2011 at 4:39 pm |
  17. Truth@RichHead

His myspace pics...complete with gun:

January 8, 2011 at 4:35 pm |
  18. Truth@RichHead

Seems pretty certifiable:
    [youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHoaZaLbqB4&w=640&h=390]

January 8, 2011 at 4:34 pm |
  19. RichardHead@Truth

Name is Jared Loughner-A complete wacko!

January 8, 2011 at 4:22 pm |
  20. Truth@RichHead

I'm in!
    The subject does not come up much on Eatocracy, but it comes up ALL THE TIME on the Denver comPost website (local excuse for a paper)

I can tell you that having lived the process, it is badly broken, but jumping the border, demanding things and yelling Si Se Puede is NOT the way to go about it. Miss Siagon and I still have to go through at least one more interview before she is final, and we started the process three years ago next month.
    Also keep in mind that it took a year AFTER our wedding (in VN) to even get her here. The absolute hardest thing I ever had to do is leave my wife in an airport in April 2007. I got back there only once at Christmas, and then she arrived in Denver in March 2008. Having lived through that, I have VERY little patience for ANYONE who thinks that they deserve special rights. Get in line like everyone else.

January 8, 2011 at 4:09 pm |
    • RichardHead@Truth

I concur with you! I am speaking of the shooting of Congresswoman Gifford of Tucson!. Shot point blank a little while ago.

January 8, 2011 at 4:13 pm |
      • Truth@RichHead

Saw the story, is it immigration related (i.e. done by an illegal)...?
        That was the first thing that came to my mind, but not finding a cause yet. Trust me though, if I lived there, I would easily join the effort.

January 8, 2011 at 4:15 pm |
      • RichardHead@Truth

Not known at this time. 22yrs old,obviously disturbed individual. Myspace page has been taken down.

January 8, 2011 at 4:19 pm |
  21. RichardHead@Truth

Tucson AZ. Sorry don't want you to get lost.

January 8, 2011 at 4:06 pm |
  22. RichardHead@Truth

Sounds like we need to load up the hunting gear and head to Tuscon AZ and defend our border!

January 8, 2011 at 4:04 pm |
  23. Truth@Tazer

Things are good here...Just had breakfast and a matinee with a buddy, and doing a few hours at the office. Looking at snow tomorrow...

January 8, 2011 at 3:15 pm |
    • Tazer@Truth

Sounds relaxing. :)

January 8, 2011 at 3:33 pm |
  24. Tazer@Truth

It's going phenominally bad haha. I can't handle people's BS today. And you?

January 8, 2011 at 3:08 pm |
    • RichardHead@Tazer

Whiner-I think I'll come to the Bank just to spoil Your day! Just kidding. Everybody is in a pissy mood today,what gives?

January 8, 2011 at 3:19 pm |
    • Tazer@Richard

I have no idea what is wrong with people today.

I just got chewed out AGAIN for something that
      1. I did not do
      2. I had no control over and
      3. Someone who's not even a customer here.

WTF?

January 8, 2011 at 3:33 pm |
      • RichardHead@Tazer

Maybe they didn't like your "Buzzers"? Just shoot their ass and ask questions later.

January 8, 2011 at 3:36 pm |
    • Truth@Tazer

I think that some bankers have the patience of saints...My work branch downtown gets a lot of poorer people who do not understand that fees still apply even if you know you are overdrawn...Almost seen some get semi-threatening. Cannot be an easy job...

January 8, 2011 at 3:34 pm |
      • Tazer@Truth

I agree, some employees I just don't understand how they never snap. I'm usually pretty good about keeping patient with people but today it's been one button after another and I'm ready to pull my hair out! Of course it doesn't relate to the customers but I get to vent to you guys at least.

January 8, 2011 at 4:59 pm |
  25. Truth@All

Good day all...just a few of us in today I see...How is everyone's Saturday going?

January 8, 2011 at 2:51 pm |
    • RichardHead@Truth

Afternoon Brother! How was the movie?

January 8, 2011 at 3:15 pm |
      • Truth@RichHead

Out-freakin-standing. I think Jeff Bridges was channeling The Duke...

Curious thing is that the original is on tonight. Plan to watch it between turnovers in the Indy-NYJ game...

January 8, 2011 at 3:17 pm |
      • RichardHead@Truth

I heard it was good. Gonna do the Dallas run this week 'cuz of weather concerns I hope the Jets kick butt tonite!

January 8, 2011 at 3:25 pm |
  26. Queen of Everything from the Castle@All

Happy afternoon everyone! Just checking in between loads of laundry. Hope everyone has a great weekend! Time to clean the bathrooms. Don't you wish you were my shoes? I know I wish you were in my shoes....I hate cleaning bathrooms. : (

January 8, 2011 at 2:20 pm |
    • Truth@Queen

Why must the Queen clean the castle???
      Don't you have some flunky to delegate this to? Perhaps you can borrow some minions from EGrin...They seemed to do ok with the lounge some days ago...

January 8, 2011 at 3:18 pm |
  27. Tazer

Holy Moly there's a lot more of us here on Saturday than I expected!

Greetings Chums!

January 8, 2011 at 1:22 pm |
    • RichardHead@Tazer

That"s because we don't have Bankers Hours like YOU do! Good Morning!

January 8, 2011 at 1:33 pm |
    • Tazer@Richard

Banker's hours? I've been in the office since 8AM. So... not so lucky.

January 8, 2011 at 1:35 pm |
      • RichardHead@Tazer

Sorry,speaking of the bank,I gotta run there so will be back with you shortly!

January 8, 2011 at 1:43 pm |
    • Tazer@Richard

Yeah yeah yeah...

January 8, 2011 at 2:02 pm |
  28. RichardHead@KAT

Good Morning Oh Fearless Leader. Hope You are feeling better today! Can You tell me WHY I got moderated for putting Elvis' Birthday and blue suede shoes in the same sentence? Is it a fashion problem with the shoes?

January 8, 2011 at 11:30 am |
    • Queen of Everything from the Castle@RH

I can see your post just fine but I can see why the moderating software thought twice before posting it. Blue suede shoes are sooooo last season Richard. Having problems with the other site right now, hopefully be back up and running soon!

January 8, 2011 at 11:39 am |
      • RichardHead@Queen

Is it White Shoe season already? I thought you had to wait till after Easter? As soon as I posted it I got Awaiting Moderation. Somebody must NOT be an Elvis Fan! Or maybe the thought of WD in Blue Suede shoes is too much to bear. Cost me a fortune to get 3 pairs at one time. Your picture came through very nicely my darling. You might want to check his diaper tho along with Peyton Mannings at the same time.

January 8, 2011 at 11:48 am |
  29. Queen of Everything from the Castle@All

Here goes nothin'. Hope this works!

[IMG]http://i51.tinypic.com/wi1p93.jpg[/IMG]

January 8, 2011 at 11:14 am |
    • RichardHead@Queen

It Worked my BBB.

January 8, 2011 at 11:25 am |
    • JBJingles_from the humble abode@QoE

Nice picture and cute boy!! Thanks for sharing, it's nice to get some faces to go with the posts!

January 8, 2011 at 11:57 am |
  30. RichardHead@ALL

It's Elvis' Birthday and WD and I are wearing our Blue Suede Shoes in His Honor!

January 8, 2011 at 11:09 am |
  31. JBJingles_from the humble abode

Morning all! Soooo glad it's Saturday and no work...

January 8, 2011 at 10:25 am |
    • RichardHead@JBJ

How is the after Dentist patient feeling this Morning?

January 8, 2011 at 10:56 am |
      • JBJingles_from the humble abode@RH

A bit sore, but not too bad except it feels like I got punched in the cheekbone! Hubby said he did it last night because I was snoring! :)

January 8, 2011 at 11:55 am |
      • RichardHead@JBJ

I'm glad your feeling better. I may try that on WD yet I may not have an arm after doing it.. Bad idea.

January 8, 2011 at 12:18 pm |
  32. Queen of Everything from the Castle@All

Good morning and Happy Saturday to anyone who may be stopping by!

January 8, 2011 at 9:59 am |
    • The Witty One@QOE

Mornin'. How is Saturday going for you?

January 8, 2011 at 10:07 am |
      • RichardHead@TWO

Good Morning,What's up?

January 8, 2011 at 10:59 am |
    • RichardHead@Queen

Colts Suck,cough,cough-Good Morning Your Highness! Your turn.

January 8, 2011 at 10:53 am |
  33. Tazer@Wit

No no no... I had to run home to pick up sad cat...

January 7, 2011 at 8:12 pm |
  34. The Witty One@Tazer

Uh oh....why do I feel like I'm sitting outside the principals office?

January 7, 2011 at 7:28 pm |
  35. RichardHead@Wendy

Have a Great weekend. Till Monday then.

January 7, 2011 at 7:18 pm |
  36. RichardHead@Wendy

WD has been putting on the weight due to the holidays and swimsuit season is just around the corner. Been making her walk more and she hates it.

January 7, 2011 at 7:10 pm |
    • wendy@rh

heh! i cant take mine for enough walks...she wears me out! WD sounds like my boy.. he'd rather just sit around and enjoy food. too bad he cant share his metabolism with WD...he eats like a horse and he still needs to gain some pounds.

whoohoo! i get to leave now! till monday... have a good weekend! :)

January 7, 2011 at 7:16 pm |
  37. RichardHead@Wendy

She is now 10 years old,just a tad slower but she always has my back!

January 7, 2011 at 7:02 pm |
    • wendy@rh

aww! those are the best kind. when i bought my house i inherited a dog from the prev owner...he just left him there. he was a germ shepherd/lab mix. still the best darn dog i ever got to have the pleasure of knowing... i got to enjoy him for 3 years. he always watched out for me. :)

January 7, 2011 at 7:04 pm |
  38. wendy@rh

what does WD stand for?? i keep forgetting to ask.... :)

January 7, 2011 at 6:27 pm |
    • RichardHead

Wonder Dog! It's a Wonder that she is still alive. I Kid. She's my best friend and have had her since she was 7 weeks old.

January 7, 2011 at 6:51 pm |
      • wendy@rh

love it!! :) theyre so cute and adorable when they're 7 weeks old...

January 7, 2011 at 6:56 pm |
  39. Truth

I am shutting down. Talk to y'all later!

January 7, 2011 at 6:20 pm |
    • wendy

gnite. have a great weekend!

January 7, 2011 at 6:21 pm |
  40. wendy

how is everyone this late in the day? i'm finally surfacing a little bit... whew!

January 7, 2011 at 6:17 pm |
  41. Truth@RichHead

Having breakfast and seeing "True Grit" with a buddy of mine, then into the office for some afternoon work. I am slammed with year end stuff and cannot do it all from home, you know.

You on the road this weekend?

January 7, 2011 at 6:02 pm |
  42. RichardHead@Truth

Well my Brother,what's yor plans for the weekend?

January 7, 2011 at 5:59 pm |
  43. Truth@All

I am out as well. May check in later, but then again, maybe not. Be well all!

January 7, 2011 at 5:58 pm |
  44. Queen of Everything

It is time for me leave my friends. Have a great weekend! Hasta la later!

January 7, 2011 at 5:48 pm |
  45. Evil Grin

Just a warning, never try to verify facts being bandied about by crazies promoting cannibalism to spite people willing to eat horse, especially on sites like wikipedia. I don't think I'll ever be able to eat anything ever again. shudders uncrontrollably

And with that I'm off to try to get said disturbing images out of my mind. Have good, disturbing-image-free weekends, mis chums. oh, ugh, chum. My poor, evil brain.

January 7, 2011 at 5:34 pm |
  46. JBJingles_from the humble abode

numbness is officially wearing off, time for some happy drugs and a brewski, have a good one all!

January 7, 2011 at 5:27 pm |
    • Truth@JBJ

MAKE SURE YOU CAN DRINK ON THOSE MEDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't want to see you hurt yourself there darlin'...best check with your doctor or pharmacist...

January 7, 2011 at 5:31 pm |
    • Queen of Everything@JBJ

If any of your pain meds contain Tylenol (including Norco, Percocet, Darvon, Darvocet, Roxycodone) DO NOT drink alcohol. That'll be a double whammy to your liver and big trouble for you. Liver failure is not pretty.

January 7, 2011 at 5:35 pm |
      • The Witty One@QOE

What is Roxycodone? Any good?

January 7, 2011 at 5:44 pm |
      • JBJingles_from the humble abode

thanks for the info, just a couple of ibuprofen for now and still sipping the ice water...not in a mood to partake yet!

January 7, 2011 at 5:46 pm |
      • Queen of Everything@TWO

Yeah, it's pretty decent and I've heard it has a good street value. It's a brand name for oxycodone.

January 7, 2011 at 5:47 pm |
      • The Witty One@QOE

Yuck...I won't touch that stuff. I'll pop a vicodin every once in a while but that's about it.

January 7, 2011 at 5:54 pm |
  47. Tazer@Wit!

HAHA I get that feeling. Sometimes I wonder about people.

My sad kitty goes to a new home tonight, about the only positive for this day!

January 7, 2011 at 5:23 pm |
    • The Witty One@Tazer!

I dropped by the horse thread....don't even have the heart to leave snide comments after my day today.

Why is your kitty sad?

January 7, 2011 at 5:33 pm |
    • Tazer@Wit!

She's my ex bf's cat. He left her with me over a year ago when he split, and she's been really iffy with me since then. When I moved to my new house, her and my dog stopped getting along, and it's made her absolutely miserable. The dog sees her as a toy to chase, and she's not OK with that. So she's going to an older lady with no other pets who absolutely spoils her animals rotten. It's a win win situation.

January 7, 2011 at 5:40 pm |
      • The Witty One@Tazer!

Good stuff. Sad kitties are no fun.

How is MY review coming?....you are doing a review for me, right?!?

January 7, 2011 at 5:42 pm |
      • Tazer@Wit!

Muhahaha... it's in the works!

January 7, 2011 at 6:21 pm |
  48. 1st lady @Dave the1st

What does that have to do with telling anyone else about my problem last night?

January 7, 2011 at 5:22 pm |
    • 1st lady @Dave the1st

Dinner has been in the oven slow cooking since noon but it smells like it is burning @ 200 degrees now what chef ?

January 7, 2011 at 5:43 pm |
  49. The Witty One@Tazer!

I'm back!

I think mine is melting too :( The client I had today really pushed by BPP (brain processing power) to the max.

January 7, 2011 at 5:19 pm |
1 2 3
Next entry »
Pinterest

| Part of

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 7,371 other followers