Box lunch
December 30th, 2010

Sink your teeth into today's top stories from around the globe.

• Turns out, 2011 really is all champagne wishes and caviar dreams. After a few years on tight party-planning budgets, consumers are ringing in the New Year with high-end spreads. - USA Today

• Pop the bubbly all year long! - Slate

• Much to the Keebler elves' chagrin, you can easily make crackers at home. - Sortachef

Posted by:
Filed under: Box Lunch • News

1. J.B.Jingles

My friend drinks some box wine, it's not too bad, but when you get to the end and pull out the plastic bag with a little chardonnay left in the bottom and have to squeeze it out in your glass it looks like an IV bag!! LOL

December 30, 2010 at 1:29 pm |
  2. Evil Grin

Your majesty, methinks your jesters are playing pranks on you again.

December 30, 2010 at 1:23 pm |
    • Queen of Everything@EG

Why am I not surprised?

December 30, 2010 at 1:31 pm |
      • Evil Grin

Knowing your jesters, let's be glad the wine is just in a box!

December 30, 2010 at 1:39 pm |
  3. Evil Grin

Why does everyone keep pushing boxed wine on us? We get it, it's teh awesome.

But wine drinking... it's like a culture all its own. I'm imagining going to an expensive dinner and having the waiter bring out an ungainly box of wine, pour and set on the table. Or a wine tasting where you simply dispense the wine from boxes with taps on the side. And just how long can you store a box of wine before it goes bad, compared to how long you can store most wines in unopened bottles?

Maybe the box-o-wine is good for wine that you are going to serve a large crowd (without them seeing the container), or if you want something cheap and tasty, but I can't imagine replacing the elegance and class of the glass bottle with a box or plastic bottle for serious wine drinkers.

December 30, 2010 at 1:21 pm |
  4. Queen of Everything

Wait, you mean wine isn't supposed to come in a box? Suddenly the world makes sense again.

December 30, 2010 at 1:19 pm |
    • RichardHead@Queen

I don't think it's the wine. Wanna talk?

December 30, 2010 at 1:27 pm |
      • Queen of Everything@RH

I've managed to convince my co-workers that my red, swollen eyes are due to allergies, I'd rather not disabuse them of that notion. But thanks for the offer.

December 30, 2010 at 1:30 pm |
Pinterest

| Part of

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 7,388 other followers