December 29th, 2010

We recently asked readers to immortalize their holiday food tradition in words, recipes, pictures or video via iReport so we could show off some of our favorites on CNN's Eatocracy all the way through the end of the holiday season. Christmas may be over, but for White House Sr. Supervising Producer Stacia Deshishku, the leftovers are the fun part.

I don’t know when we began eating Greenberg Smoked Turkeys, but it likely was some time in the mid-1980s. In Tyler, Texas - home of the Greenberg Smoked Turkey - the Greenberg family has been smoking turkeys since the 1940s. Ordering one (or more) each holiday season has been a Christmas tradition in our family for almost 30 years.

We order every year from Greenberg for two, well, really three reasons. First, they are phenomenally good. Second, they are easy - no cooking required! But third and most important, once you finish your turkey dinner, the turkey ball party begins. I actually prefer the turkey ball to the actual turkey, and I’ve been known to purposely underserve my guests so that there is more turkey leftover for making turkey balls. Once, we even ordered an entire turkey simply for ball making!

So what is a turkey ball and why is a Greenberg Smoked Turkey Ball so special? The picking of the carcass is a ritual at our house. After dinner, we sit around picking the bones of the turkey, telling jokes and reminiscing about turkeys past. Once the turkey chunks are in a bowl, we shred it in a food processor, bag it up and freeze the turkey in individual ball-size servings until the next time we are invited to a party.

This turkey ball is easy and a guaranteed crowd pleaser.

Greenberg Smoked Turkey Ball
1 cup finely ground smoked turkey
1 8-oz package of cream cheese
3 tablespoons mayonnaise
1/2 cup chopped pecans
2 tablespoons chopped parsley

Combine first 3 ingredients well. Roll into ball and chill for at least one hour. Remove from refrigerator and roll in pecans and parsley. Serve with crackers. Hint – the longer the ball sits before serving, the more the smoky taste seeps into the cream cheese-mayo mix.

Posted by:
Filed under: Bite • Christmas • Holiday • Holidays • It's not the holidays without • Make • Recipes

1. LAP

Did this company go out of business???? I really wanted to like this company after reading all of the great reviews, however, unfortunately it did not work out for us. I paid nearly $70 for a turkey that never came. And, the company is supposed to be open 7 days a week. I have been calling their phone numbers listed both on the receipt and on their website probably 20 times and there is no answer, no opportunity to leave a voicemail, no email addresses to contact the company. My credit card was charged, however, the turkey never came and I am out $70. I ordered this turkey for a big dinner party. The receptionist promised me it would arrive by the designated date. When it did not show up, we ordered Chinese food instead. What a disappointment. Anyway, maybe this company is a good idea as a local business but certainly not to do business across the country. I understand that Oprah successfully ordered from here but unfortunately, I am just an every day regular person.

January 9, 2011 at 1:59 pm |
  2. GreenbergLover

I've been making the same turkey dip with the leftovers for years. It is a twist on their recipe. Instead of pecans and parsley, add 1/4 cup diced jalapenos. Let it percolate in the fridge overnight so all the tastes mature. Serve in a bowl with crackers or chips or veggies or pita.

December 30, 2010 at 12:51 pm |
    • Queen of Everything

Mmm, that sounds tasty. I also enjoy your use of the word "percolate".

December 30, 2010 at 12:55 pm |
  3. CARNIVORE

Nothing like a bleeding heart vegan missionary.. vegansaremurdererstoo, i'm supporting your cause by eating those vicious cows who munch carelessly on the innocent grasses, chewing them not once but three cruel times.. these beasts must be stopped! And grilled medium rare!

December 30, 2010 at 1:21 am |
  4. NicM

I got one of these as a gift this year and was at a loss. I thought the flavor was way too strong to just slice and eat like a roast turkey so I ground it up and threw it in the freezer until I knew what the heck to do with it. This sounds like it's worth a shot. And this thread is freaking hilarious.

December 29, 2010 at 4:47 pm |
  5. jjdecor

The turkey balls look and sound good (minus the nuts) but the "ritual of picking the carcass" sounds and looks disgusting! and I certainly would not eat the turkey balls after all the hands picked that meat.

December 29, 2010 at 3:51 pm |
  6. Llama Llama Duck

For those joining us late, to summarize...Swahili...yeasty pieholes...alfalfa shtooper...substitute for Elton John's pleather pants–unwashed...coffee enema...and whack it until it falls off. Did I miss anything?

Oh yeah: WKRP in Cincinnati.

December 29, 2010 at 2:51 pm |
  7. ThatBelle

Y'all never cease to give me a laugh!
    All I can think about now is that SNL Christmas skit w/the NPR radio show and Alec Baldwin playing Pete Schweaty talking about his Schweaty Balls...popcorn balls, of course....

December 29, 2010 at 2:15 pm |
  8. Mike B.

They can do whatever they want with their leftover turkey, but if your going to mix food with your hands, you should be wearing gloves! Hell, picture #9 shows that person has a Band Aid on her finger!!!

December 29, 2010 at 2:13 pm |
    • Dave the 1st@Mike B

Good spot!!!
      You have to be really looking to catch that one...

December 29, 2010 at 2:16 pm |
    • Llama Llama Duck

Just making sure you realize this is an internet article. You read it, you don't eat it. No arm is going to emerge from your monitor, a band-aid covered finger attempting to shove a sample of the ball in your mouth...and if it does, you have my permission to pick up your stapler and whack it until it falls off...

...ha ha...whack it until it falls off...(that's what she said)...

December 29, 2010 at 2:31 pm |
  9. FireisHot

You're a troll , cool, I love feeding trolls.

Come here little troll, let me feed you so you can grow up to be a big strong manly troll.
    I manly troll with turkey balls, LOLOLL!!!!!!

So me troll friend what do trolls like to eat, i'm not sure so I'll throw out a light snack and hopefully it will be to your liking.
    But please don't bit my hand troll when i put this snack in your mouth, wow what might big teeth you have.

[throws troll a snack]

So when you said you kill kittens? You do that in bed? If so what kind of
    kittens are you killing? Pussy kats?

December 29, 2010 at 2:13 pm |
    • Jerv@FireisHot

...looks like you finally succeeded in getting by with posting the p work. You get a troll gold star.

December 29, 2010 at 2:16 pm |
      • Jerv

...word......

December 29, 2010 at 2:19 pm |
      • FireisHot

I hope this star is worth something. I'm going to sell it for a new trolling laptop, nothing like a troll thats mobile.

This star better be worth something or else i'm going to star crying some troll tears.
        Oooh wow, i'm sorry. i didn't even thank you for the star i'm so consumed by its value.

Sorry, for being rude, i;m on my troll period, lZOLOLLOLll. Yea i know i'm a dude, dont ask.

December 29, 2010 at 2:31 pm |

...okay...awkward...

December 29, 2010 at 2:33 pm |
      • Dave the 1st@Fireishot

OK, we need to know what you have taken if we are going to help.
        QoE- We need some help here!!!!

December 29, 2010 at 2:39 pm |
      • Queen of Everything

I'm gonna guess some hookers and blow...minus the hookers.

December 29, 2010 at 2:43 pm |
      • Llama Llama Duck

Who's gonna blow if we don't have the hookers?

December 29, 2010 at 2:44 pm |
      • Llama Llama Duck

But...if we don't have the hookers...who's gonna blow?

December 29, 2010 at 2:45 pm |
      • Queen of Everything@LLD

That is some compelling circular logic. Give me a minute to think it through.....

December 29, 2010 at 2:50 pm |
      • Llama Llama Duck

Ding! Time's up! We asked one hundred people who would blow without the hookers. Their top five answers are on the board. Queen, who are you going to go with?

December 29, 2010 at 2:53 pm |
      • Queen of Everything@LLD

I'm going to take Charlie Sheen for the win. Final answer.

December 29, 2010 at 2:57 pm |
      • Llama Llama Duck

Oooh...so close! I'm sorry, but the correct answer was "Gary Busey, a platapus and the ghost of Ghengis Khan".

December 29, 2010 at 3:13 pm |
  10. cazanoma

I've had these turkeys and made the balls as well for about 10 years–they are an awesome party food and crowd pleaser–just don't tell the weenies about the mayo.

December 29, 2010 at 2:11 pm |
  11. RichG

I didn't know turkeys had balls.

December 29, 2010 at 2:10 pm |
  12. myra44

Wow, how complex – turkey, mayo, cream cheese, parsley. Here's another one to add to your special treat collection: bread and butter

December 29, 2010 at 2:07 pm |
    • Jerv@myra44

That is the whole point. An easy, simple recipe for left over turkey.

December 29, 2010 at 2:12 pm |
      • Jerv

....I swear, the attitudes around here today....

December 29, 2010 at 2:13 pm |
      • Llama Llama Duck

Ah, the post-Christmas "Bah Humbug Bug"...

December 29, 2010 at 2:26 pm |
  13. Heff

i got your turkey balls

December 29, 2010 at 2:07 pm |
  14. VegansAreMurderersToo

I really should get back to work. Trolling on a post with nothing but trolls; it makes my brain hurt.

December 29, 2010 at 1:53 pm |
    • sloppyone

Brain? NOT!

December 29, 2010 at 1:54 pm |
    • Llama Llama Duck

Dude, how many different people are locked inside that noggin of yours? I count at least four...no, five...maybe five and a half...

December 29, 2010 at 2:00 pm |
  15. VegansAreMurderersToo

OMG!!! Trolling IS fun!!! *laughs with joy* tehe!

December 29, 2010 at 1:52 pm |
  16. VegansAreMurderersToo

You know what is fun? The next time you eat a fortune cookie, read your fortune but append it with "In bed". I also kill kittens.

December 29, 2010 at 1:50 pm |
    • VegansAreMurderersToo

...wait a minute...I didn't think that one through.

December 29, 2010 at 1:51 pm |
  17. Joe

Smoked turkey balls??? I didn't know turkeys had them.

December 29, 2010 at 1:32 pm |
  18. CL78

"Smoked Turkey Balls, Gooble Gooble!?" Damn, CNN. Whoever named this article either needs a bonus or to be fired.

December 29, 2010 at 1:23 pm |
  19. Rc

Turkeys have balls?

December 29, 2010 at 1:12 pm |
    • Llama Llama Duck

Of course. Family 4th of July roast wouldn't be the same without "Pin the Tail on the Donkey"and "Pluck the Balls off the Turkey".

December 29, 2010 at 1:22 pm |
      • Snowbunny

LMAO!!!

December 29, 2010 at 2:31 pm |
      • Llama Llama Duck

Dang it, that's two fallen fannies in under an hour! It's an epidemic, people! Call the CDC!

December 29, 2010 at 2:43 pm |
  20. Griff

I think my work here is done, so I will move on now
    I kept this "turkey' alive and moving, far more than the story deserved, on to the next big story !
    Thanks All,
    GM

December 29, 2010 at 1:08 pm |
  21. Harry

This article title was slightly misleading... LOL...

Though I have to say that turkey looks really good. I may have to order one now.

December 29, 2010 at 12:52 pm |
  22. Sharon S.

I hate the things because they are way too salty. I get one every year, slice off enough for my husband to have one sandwich and split the rest with my children.

December 29, 2010 at 12:51 pm |
    • Dover

"I hate them because they are too salty.....lets just give them to MY CHILDREN"

December 29, 2010 at 2:01 pm |
  23. TexasGirl

I'm eating a greenberg smoked turkey salad right now.. it was delivered to our office as a gift and we've been feasting on it for days! This is the BEST smoked turkey money can buy

December 29, 2010 at 12:49 pm |
    • McGruff

@TexasGirl when ur done snacking on that i got a turkey neck u could snack on too

December 29, 2010 at 12:53 pm |
  24. Ihateuselessblatheringidiots

What a waste of air and space you all are. And no you aren't gonna troll me into responding. <- one and only comment.

December 29, 2010 at 12:41 pm |
    • JBJingles_from the humble abode

Gee a blathering idiot just took time to post, how original. How about contributing something to the article/comments or not posting at all and move on, it's not that hard you know.

December 29, 2010 at 12:45 pm |
    • Jerv

"<- one and only comment."

One and only nit wit with a brain the size of a fleas azz. Go away.

December 29, 2010 at 12:48 pm |
      • JBJingles_from the humble abode

@Jerv – wish there was a 'like' button...like your post!

December 29, 2010 at 12:52 pm |
      • Jerv@JBJ

And I liked your holiday cheese ball story and recipe (which I am going to try.) Troll be damned.

December 29, 2010 at 12:59 pm |

ihatepeoplewhoforsomeinexplicablereasonseemtolosethespacebarontheirkeyboard

December 29, 2010 at 1:17 pm |
      • Bailes24

@Llama LMAO

December 29, 2010 at 1:59 pm |
      • Llama Llama Duck

Oh, I'm so sorry! Does your health insurance cover that? If it's happened before, they might consider it a pre-existing condition. I sure hope you can get it re-attached before year end–big tax deductions on that one...

December 29, 2010 at 2:41 pm |
  25. AAvirginia

I think I would increase the amount of fresh parsley that the ball is rolled in so it is at least visible...I expected to see some green in the photo. we have had other brands of smoked turkeys for thanksgiving and its really nice not to have to worry about cooking.

December 29, 2010 at 12:31 pm |
  26. bailoutsos

How about that turkey giveaway promotion on WKRP in Cincinnati? That was a hoot.

December 29, 2010 at 12:28 pm |
    • Queen of Everything

"I swear I didn't know turkeys couldn't fly!"

December 29, 2010 at 12:51 pm |
  27. CCFan

Didn't know turkeys have balls.

December 29, 2010 at 12:17 pm |
    • VegansAreMurderersToo

Only male turkeys have "balls". But unlike mammalian balls, turkeys carry their balls internally. That way its harder for other jerk turkeys to kick them. See? Turkeys are actually not all that dumb.

December 29, 2010 at 1:29 pm |
  28. Michael Britt

I'm not quite sure what to say. Turkey balls, eh? I'm just so enlightened I don't know what to do. Other than this "interesting" tradition, sounds like a good turkey. I guess I can understand; I love Blue Claw Crab, the traditional, steamed, super messy way. You just sit there with a bunch of friends and pick crabs for a few hours, then collapse. There's no ball-making, though. You just pick the backfin meat and eat it. Now, if you want to make a crab cake, then you do make a ball, more or less. The best crab cakes on the planet are made in the great state of Maryland, place called Crisfield, the eatery is (or was) the Captain's Galley. Unbelievable crab cakes: almost 100 per cent backfin crab meat, just a bit of something like mayo to make it (sort of) stick together and then cooked lightly. No filler at all. They really are the best I've had in about 45 years of eating crabcakes in many places. Worth the 2.5 – 3 hour drive from Washington, DC; just to eat them. Be sure you have a place to sleep reserved on Chincoteague Island, about 45 minutes away. And Chincoteague...that's a great place. Used to be, anyway. Well, it's almost on the Atlantic Ocean.
    Assateague Island is on the ocean. It's a National Seashore owned and controlled by the US Government: no building allowed; pristine forever. Like wild horses? That's where to find them.

December 29, 2010 at 12:13 pm |
    • Griff

wow, Michael, you said a lot (lot of nothing)

December 29, 2010 at 12:18 pm |
      • JBJingles_from the humble abode

@Griff – had a lot more to say than you....maybe you could contribute something useful here instead of just snarky remarks.

December 29, 2010 at 12:37 pm |
    • VegansAreMurderersToo

You, know I once had a pet horse. It like oats Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum

December 29, 2010 at 1:27 pm |
      • Llama Llama Duck

Hate to break it to you, dude, but Latin is dead. You might give Swahili a try...

December 29, 2010 at 1:35 pm |
      • VegansAreMurderersToo

Ok:

Nly batamzinga kiume wana "balls". Lakini tofauti na mipira mamalia, batamzinga kubeba mipira yao ndani. Kwamba njia yake vigumu kwa batamzinga nyingine jerk kick yao. Kuona nini? Batamzinga ni kweli si bubu kwamba wote.

December 29, 2010 at 1:46 pm |

That's what she said...

December 29, 2010 at 1:57 pm |
      • The Witty One

Google Translate is fun.

December 29, 2010 at 1:57 pm |
      • Llama Llama Duck

Grandpa said playing with your google would make you go blind...

December 29, 2010 at 2:05 pm |
      • Snowbunny

Who let you out of the looney bin? Yikes!

December 29, 2010 at 2:23 pm |
      • Llama Llama Duck

Oh, I'm not out...I find I work best from the inside...the neighbors really keep my creative juices flowing, you know what I mean?

December 29, 2010 at 2:36 pm |
      • Snowbunny@LLD

Not you!! VegansAreMurdersToo

December 29, 2010 at 2:47 pm |
      • Llama Llama Duck

Oh. Then forget what I said. In fact, forget you ever heard of me. If the po-po's show up asking about patient #6427, start reciting the alphabet backwards, okay?

December 29, 2010 at 2:57 pm |
  29. Runner

Grew up eating Greenbergsmoked turkeys, never had a cooked turkey until in was in my mid 20s- thought all turkeys were smoked like this-

December 29, 2010 at 12:11 pm |
  30. EuphoricCrest

"The picking of the carcass is a ritual..."
    Uncivilized barbarians with little respect for life.

December 29, 2010 at 12:06 pm |
    • The Witty One

vegetarian?

December 29, 2010 at 12:07 pm |
      • EuphoricCrest

Yes, happily.

December 29, 2010 at 12:10 pm |
      • The Witty One

Just asking.....

December 29, 2010 at 12:14 pm |
      • Dover

@EuphoricCrest you mean "Yes, smugly"

December 29, 2010 at 1:55 pm |

Words are hard...

December 29, 2010 at 2:09 pm |
    • Griff

Crest....who cares? it's a dead turkey, come on....

December 29, 2010 at 12:10 pm |
      • EuphoricCrest

Correction: A killed turkey. And I care.

December 29, 2010 at 12:12 pm |
      • Dave the 1st

While I hate to do anything to encourage a troll,
        Griff's got a point here.

December 29, 2010 at 12:12 pm |
    • Griff

wow Crest, that makes you so much better than us....you are so wise.....

December 29, 2010 at 12:13 pm |
      • EuphoricCrest

Better, no. Wiser, yes.

December 29, 2010 at 12:14 pm |
    • Griff

Dave, I thank you...
      Crest, get over it, we were designed to eat meat....how pasty is your skin?

December 29, 2010 at 12:17 pm |
    • VegansAreMurderersToo

I'd never hurt another living entity, not even a plant. That's why I only eat synthesized protein shakes fortified with pure silica sand. All you who claim to be "better" are nothing but a bunch of herbicidal sociopaths. Every time I drive by a swath of land growing with my green friends, I weep with grief knowing that you and others are get a perverse pleasure out of raising a seedling into a contributing member of our environment only to cut it down in its prime and torture it by cooking it alive only so you can convert it to excrement. Not only that, you are contributing to global warming by killing our life giving green friends. Hypocrite.

December 29, 2010 at 12:59 pm |
      • Snowbunny

You don't know what your missin'. Just sayin'.

December 29, 2010 at 1:05 pm |
      • Tim

you need some serious help

December 29, 2010 at 1:49 pm |
    • Llama Llama Duck

All hail Crest, the Mighty Turkey Champion!

In an era where the greatest minds on earth are working together to cure cancer, solve world hunger, reverse global warming, stabilize currencies, fix infrastructure gaps, handle a rising energy crisis...Crest breaks away from the crowd to boldly trumpet the cause of those truly suffering: the turkeys.

Way to make a difference.

December 29, 2010 at 1:05 pm |
      • VegansAreMurderersToo

At least you blood thirsty carnivores kill those animals that destroy our green friends – those who cannot scream. The vegans are the worst – pompous, arrogant, and self-righteous zealots who are no different that ultra conservative religious fanatics. I and my comrades are not like that at all. We understand that the rest of you "consumers of flesh and leaves" are simply under-evolved like mentally challenged inbred chimps. You can't help what you do – because you are retarded cross-eyed monkeys. I say that with love and non-judgmentally.

December 29, 2010 at 1:18 pm |
      • VegansAreMurderersToo

...and yes, I know that chimps aren't monkeys. They are apes. Either way, you should understand the metaphor. If you don't, you simply reinforce the metaphor.

December 29, 2010 at 1:22 pm |
      • Llama Llama Duck

Dude, I've come across tree huggers before, but never an alfalfa shtooper. Can I get your autograph?

December 29, 2010 at 1:25 pm |
      • Tim

so vegan what do you eat to stay alive?

December 29, 2010 at 1:51 pm |
      • EuphoricCrest

LLD: Since you brought it up; veganism is one of the best things you can do for the environment as meat production is a major cause of pollution including carbon emission, river contamination, poor land usage and contributes to global warming. It takes seven times the amount of energy to gain the same amount of protein from animals than from plants.
        If more people became vegans, there would be ample food for all, so long as we first solve the problem of food distribution. In addition a vegan diet greatly lowers your risk of cancer.

December 29, 2010 at 4:12 pm |
      • The Witty One@EC

But then what would we do with all the oil and coal? We can't just leave it in the ground! Think of all the poor coal miners and oil well drillers that would be out of work. That would be horrible.

And all the gas that people would get from all those veggies would contribute WAAAYYYYY more to global warming.

December 29, 2010 at 4:16 pm |
      • EuphoricCrest

Tim: I eat from five food groups: Dark green vegetables, Yellow/orange vegetables, Whole grains, Legumes and Fruit. It's a complete diet.

December 29, 2010 at 4:17 pm |
  31. The Witty One

HAHAHAHAHHAHAAAHHAHAHAH!!!!!!

Their website is gobblegobble.com....I love it!

December 29, 2010 at 12:04 pm |
    • Dave the 1st@TWO

Doesn't take much to amuse you, does it?

December 29, 2010 at 12:06 pm |
      • The Witty One@Dave

Nope.

December 29, 2010 at 12:07 pm |
      • Dave the 1st@TWO

Didn't think so,
        Here's a bottle of frozen water, why don't you figure out how they get the ice in...

December 29, 2010 at 12:10 pm |
      • The Witty One@Dave

I'm still trying to figure out how they make instant water....

December 29, 2010 at 12:13 pm |
      • Llama Llama Duck

It sounds more intimidating than it really is. You're gonna need a supply of empty bottles, a Swiss army knife, at least six "I Dream of Jeanie" reruns (eight, if you really want good "instant" flavor), a one-balled goat, Margaret Thatcher, and a pair of Elton John's pleather pants–unlaundered, mind you...

December 29, 2010 at 1:32 pm |
      • The Witty One@LLama LLama

I have everything except "a pair of Elton John's pleather pants–unlaundered"....can I substitute anything for those?

December 29, 2010 at 1:34 pm |
      • Llama Llama Duck

I've never tried, but I suppose one of RuPaul's bras might suffice. Fringed should be okay, but you'll want to steer clear of anything with sequins.

December 29, 2010 at 1:45 pm |
      • Llama Llama Duck

Almost forgot! Safety precaution: you'll want to get a rabies shot before you enter the boudoir, incase you don't already have one. Ru's a tad protective of his underoos...

December 29, 2010 at 1:48 pm |
      • The Witty One@LLD

Done! Now I just need to put it all together.....

December 29, 2010 at 1:56 pm |
      • Llama Llama Duck

Watching out my window and crossing my fingers hoping that I can see the mushroom cloud from here...

December 29, 2010 at 2:07 pm |
  32. marshall g.

saw the company on a tv show years ago..purchased several over the years...great.

December 29, 2010 at 11:59 am |
  33. Griff

RichardGivesHead, lighten up Dude, you don't want to know me

December 29, 2010 at 11:49 am |
    • RichardHead@Griff

Your right. That's why I put a stomping on your sad azz. You wanna start some Shite Bring it on! .

December 29, 2010 at 11:57 am |
      • Griff

lol, lighten up Frances

December 29, 2010 at 11:59 am |
    • Dave the 1st@griff

you are absolutely right, we don't want to know you.

December 29, 2010 at 11:59 am |
    • dcchem

Griff its quite clear from your lame responses in the battle of wits you don't have a weapon.

December 29, 2010 at 12:04 pm |
      • Llama Llama Duck

I dunno...the confusion babble is working pretty well on me...so many words...so little sense...I can't...ouch...oi...which way is up?...I feel like a dolphin who's never tasted snow...

I

December 29, 2010 at 1:12 pm |
      • Dover

*yawn* That was original

December 29, 2010 at 1:54 pm |
      • sloppyone@dumbdover

About as original as your piehole with a yeast infection. Go away.

December 29, 2010 at 1:57 pm |
      • Llama Llama Duck

Yeasty pieholes and turkey balls–holiday fun for boys and girls!

December 29, 2010 at 2:21 pm |
      • sloppyone@LLDuck

LOL! That was funny!

December 29, 2010 at 2:27 pm |
  34. RichardHead@Griff

Don't mess with my people or I'll put a hurtin' on you!

December 29, 2010 at 11:46 am |
  35. Griff

like your husband did after all your nagging?

December 29, 2010 at 11:45 am |
  36. JBJingles_from the humble abode

That does look good, but hubby doesn't like smoked turkey... We have a holiday cheese ball recipe that we have had for probably 1/2 a century! 1 cup butter (room temp), 1 8oz cream cheese (room temp), blend well, add 6oz blue cheese, chives or parsley, form in ball, wrap in plastic and refridgerate, then roll in pecans. So bad for ya, but so yummy! I've made this into an igloo one year with black olive penguins and it was a big hit.

December 29, 2010 at 11:35 am |
    • Griff

well isn't that special

December 29, 2010 at 11:39 am |
      • JBJingles_from the humble abode

And why don't you just go away.

December 29, 2010 at 11:42 am |
      • The Witty One@Griff

Don't be a poo poo face....and back off. We roll deep sucker!

December 29, 2010 at 11:50 am |
      • Queen of Everything@Griff

It is special. It's special ed, just like the class you came out of.

December 29, 2010 at 11:52 am |
    • Griff

lol, roll deep in what?
      just saying why her husband gets frustrated

December 29, 2010 at 11:52 am |
      • The Witty One@Griff

Deep in coffee son!

December 29, 2010 at 11:56 am |
    • Griff

you are a kinky one, Witty, no coffee enemas for me....exit only, but thanks for offer

December 29, 2010 at 11:59 am |
      • The Witty One@Griff

They totally clean out your system though, and the caffeine rush is like nothing you have ever experienced.

December 29, 2010 at 12:03 pm |
      • Llama Llama Duck

Coffee enema...wha? Pardon me–I need to place a call to the nice men in the white coats...

December 29, 2010 at 12:58 pm |
    • Griff

actually Queen, my son is special needs, I am quite familiar with the cruel jokes that people make about him

December 29, 2010 at 12:03 pm |
      • GriffCanDishButNotTake

So, Griff, It's OK to rag on someone else but the second someone says something you find offensive all best are off, huh? Stop being a bully.

December 29, 2010 at 12:26 pm |
    • Jerv@JBJ

Thank you for sharing with us. I will try your recipe.

December 29, 2010 at 12:23 pm |
  37. Jerv

Man, that second photo looks soooo good. I'm eatin' lunch early today.

December 29, 2010 at 11:11 am |
  38. The Witty One

Holy cow.....that looks so freaking good! And I like how the recipe for the turkey ball was included!

December 29, 2010 at 11:10 am |
    • Wanda

It's weird to me that anyone can look at a death animal and find it appealing. To me it's just a carcass.

December 29, 2010 at 1:25 pm |
      • Black Beauty...yum!

A very long line of your ancestors didn't agree with you. But, to each their own. More smoked turkey for me!

December 29, 2010 at 7:53 pm |
  39. RichardHead

Where else but Texas! Had one before but they are kinda expensive since Oprah started pushing them years ago.

December 29, 2010 at 11:04 am |
    • bailoutsos

How about that turkey giveaway promotion on" WKRP in Cincinnati" a few years ago? That was a hoot.

December 29, 2010 at 12:29 pm |
      • Rc

"As God is my witness I thought turkeys could fly..."

December 29, 2010 at 2:38 pm |
    • Herb

That was a stupid story. Typical of editors trying to get your attention by implying another meaning in the headline. The main reason I hate most news sites. Who cares about bored Texans picking their turkey carcas clean. If Greenberg wants to run an ad, let them pay for it like everyone else. Last year I stopped in Paso Robles CA wine country on my way to LA for a visit. There is a restaurant in town that sells fried turkey balls as an appetizer, as in turkey testicles. Actually tastes good with beer. That's what was implied in the head line and that's what the story should be about.

December 29, 2010 at 1:16 pm |
    • donutman

As long as it's not the Turkey's balls!!

December 29, 2010 at 5:02 pm |
  40. Jerv

Yup, right, we have heard all this spam crap before, Lilly. Please find something relevant to post that relates to the article, otherwise go away.

December 29, 2010 at 12:54 pm |
  41. Emma

Lilly! I think I'm going to the wrong house for NYE, I think I need to be coming to yours with all of those balls!!!!! LOLOLOLOL Happy New Year!

December 29, 2010 at 1:29 pm |
  42. Rc

I liked it better the first time!

December 29, 2010 at 1:33 pm |
  43. Queen of Everything

That's what she said.

December 29, 2010 at 2:59 pm |
Pinterest

| Part of

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 7,310 other followers