December 17th, 2010

Science! It feeds your head and your belly. Cooking for Geeks author Jeff Potter shows you why you oughta sous vide at the holidays.

Posted by:
Filed under: Christmas • Cooking • Holidays • How To • Molecular Gastronomy • Molecular Gastronomy • Sous vide • Techniques & Tips • Video

1. Truth@All

Good morning from Denver!
    How is everyone today?

December 18, 2010 at 10:14 am |
    • RichardHead@Truth

Morning Brother! BTW,Kat said the lounge is open so let's take it over there. Don't want to P*O the Sheriff.

December 18, 2010 at 10:18 am |
    • Queen of Everything

I'd be better if Rich would stop griping about his shoes. That boy just doesn't understand the price of beauty.

December 18, 2010 at 10:18 am |
  2. Queen of Everything@RH and TWO

@RH: I don't think it's the handcuffs that are making you look like a dumbazz
    @TWO: Good morning sunshine!

December 18, 2010 at 10:00 am |
    • RichardHead

Is it my shoes? Maybe the way I parted my hair?

December 18, 2010 at 10:03 am |
      • Queen of Everything

Yes, I'm sure it's the shoes. An outfit like that calls for a pair of peep toe sling backs with at least a 3" heel. Now since the handcuffs are pink I would suggest an all black shoe or an animal print like zebra. Also, don't wear a trucker hat as it will throw the whole outfit off.

December 18, 2010 at 10:10 am |
      • RichardHead

Those will hurt my feet as I have to make rounds all day. I am wearing my Roy Rogers hat so as to strike fear into any evil doers out there.

December 18, 2010 at 10:15 am |
  3. The Witty One@RH and QOE

Top of the morning folks! Hope everyone has a great saturday....watch out for crazy people when shopping!

December 18, 2010 at 9:54 am |
  4. RichardHead

I am a NERD not a Geek. My cooking style is entirely different.

December 18, 2010 at 8:39 am |
    • Queen of Everything

What are you doing hanging around this place on a weekend? Hey, apparently someone guessed fob's name correctly. She is supposed to reveal the winner on Monday.

December 18, 2010 at 9:04 am |
      • RichardHead

The sheriff is out of town,so I volunteered. I think I might have gotten fob's name right,but have to wait till Mon. What are you doing?

December 18, 2010 at 9:19 am |
      • Queen of Everything

Last minute online christmas shopping. I actually get to go out and brave the stores this afternoon...maybe I should have borrowed Tazer's buzzers?

December 18, 2010 at 9:40 am |
      • RichardHead

Gotta do the same later. Hey, I got handcuffs with this job today. Wonder why?

December 18, 2010 at 9:43 am |
      • Queen of Everything

Well, you never know when you might have to make a citizens arrest...that wool jockstrap might be too tempting for some people to resist.

December 18, 2010 at 9:53 am |
      • RichardHead

Good Morning TWO- These handcuffs are pink and furry.Must have come from Kat's private collection. They clash with the jock and make me look like a DumbAzz.

December 18, 2010 at 9:57 am |
  5. J.B.Jingles

I triple vote for that, as Dave the 1st said, my IT blocks all video feed and most links and blog sites... At least a description or a still photo would help for us with security challenged computers.

December 17, 2010 at 3:34 pm |
  6. Jerv@EvilG

Cool, the grin is back.

I wish they would post a text version of the video clips because half the time I can't get the video feed to work on my computer. BTW, that McDs troll was so lame-o but it does get fun sparring with them from time to time.

December 17, 2010 at 11:28 am |
    • Evil Grin

The troll is now my minion. That made me grin evilly again.

That's a really good suggestion, actually. A transcript would be pretty helpful if you can't see the vids or don't want to watch something at work. You wouldn't be able to see him crack open an eggshell and pour out a poached egg, though.

December 17, 2010 at 11:32 am |
  7. Evil Grin

I'm not sure how his cooking techniques makes one a geek. But that was an interesting egg.

December 17, 2010 at 11:25 am |
Pinterest

| Part of

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 6,987 other followers