December 1st, 2010

Wait – so we can have our tasty turkey AND fuel up the truck? We're in like deep-fried skin.

Previously – Deep-fried indoor turkey – for science

Posted by:
Filed under: Holidays • HolidayShopping • Stunt • Thanksgiving

1. Davidrichard

What nice info on this post! All information really useful.I love your stuff very much.Thanks for sharing this helpful post.

Cooking Oil collection

November 22, 2012 at 7:10 am | Reply
  2. jillmarie

Love creative recycling!
    BTW, Truth, I wish for you and your bride to fill that baby seat someday soon! ;)

December 1, 2010 at 7:30 pm | Reply
  3. Truth@Biddle, Jerv

I'm 45 actually...and the baby seat is a hopeful sign, as we are trying. My wife is 35, so we have a few years left on that window of opportunity.

If you are on the highway, the Prius is actually more efficient at higher speeds. We took a trip to Wyoming a while back and once you get up to 70 or so, you can just cruise at 65MPG. Around town though, the stop and go traffic hurts the mileage. The curb weight is 3,000+ due to the weight of the battery and traction motor, so every time you start from a dead stop hurts your mileage.

December 1, 2010 at 1:53 pm | Reply
    • Sir Biddle@truth

Best of luck to you there. I'm rounding the hill in Feb and we have a 7 1/2 month old. Love every minute of it.

December 1, 2010 at 2:00 pm | Reply
  4. Sir Biddle@truth

Not sure why, but I pegged you as older than 40. Who knew? Is baby seat on the way or in the future?

December 1, 2010 at 1:22 pm | Reply
  5. Jerv@Truth

Pretty cool. Yeah, I have not noticed a lot of Prius drivers really giving it hell when they drive.

December 1, 2010 at 1:22 pm | Reply
  6. Truth

This is useful, but only marginally so for me: I drive a hybrid and get close to 60/gallon. Best decision I ever made short of marrying my bride...:)

December 1, 2010 at 12:34 pm | Reply
    • Jerv@Truth

Really, 60? What kind is it? If I had the clams, I'd buy that Chevy Volt.

December 1, 2010 at 12:46 pm | Reply
      • Truth@Jerv

I drive a Prius, which is ironic because for my first 2.5 decades of driving, the thought of owning an import instead of a domestic pickup would induce a screaming rage in me. That said, I LOVE the car (needed something we can hopefully fit a baby seat into soon), and it really is fun to drive. Realtime MPG readouts tell exactly how and how efficiently the car is being driven. Once you get the hang of it, you can really milk the miles out. You learn eventually how to maximize on momentum, and how to keep it out of "power" mode, thus keeping it in "electric" mode.

The downside is not a lot of pickup,but that is not really what you buy a hybrid for.

The nice thing is that price for the base model is in the mid-twenties, which is reasonable after your trade in is taken in.

December 1, 2010 at 1:07 pm | Reply
  7. Damaris @Kitchen Corners

Yes! this is so awesome. Long live people who care more about the environment that if their car smells like a Thanksgiving dinner for a really long time.

Damaris Palmer