Breakfast buffet
November 23rd, 2010

While you're frying up some eggs and bacon, we're cooking up something else: a way to celebrate today's food holiday and the most delicious finds on TV.

Just in time for Thanksgiving, November 23 is National Cranberry Day. Often thought of as indispensable to the traditional holiday menu, cranberry sauce can be slathered on turkey, stuffing or whatever else your stomach desires.

About 95 percent of the cranberry crop is used for products such as juice drinks and dried cranberries – plain and raw cranberries may be too bitter for the average consumer.

As for us, we’ll take ours in the form of a Cape Codder, thank you very much.

What's on TV?

“HowStuffWorks” – Planet Green, 1 p.m. ET
Follow the journey of a typical turkey from conception to processing to your dinner table.

“The Martha Stewart Show” – Hallmark Channel, 2 p.m. ET
Chef Chris Hastings makes heritage turkey with oyster dressing.

“Ratatouille” – Disney Channel, 7 p.m. ET
A rat dreams of becoming a gourmet chef and teams up with a kitchen worker at a fine Parisian restaurant.

“Food Detectives” – Cooking Channel, 8 p.m. ET
Richard Blais demonstrates how to make cool cocktails using a tank of liquid nitrogen.

“Food Network Specials” – Food Network, 8 p.m. ET
Paula Deen prepares a Southern style holiday feast for her entire family, including turducken and apple-butter pumpkin pie.

Posted by:
Filed under: Breakfast Buffet • News

1. Jerv

I see the Tommy troll is posting this morning. Looks like he is toning it down a bit for now to keep from being blocked.

November 23, 2010 at 9:44 am | Reply
    • RichardHead

He reminds me of something Richard Nixon's parents should have done-It was called the "Withdrawl Method!" Sorry Truth,NO Politics on a Food Blog.

November 23, 2010 at 9:53 am | Reply
      • Jerv

LOL! Agreed.

I'll talk wih you guys later. Hopefully you hear good news from your buddy Jdizz.

November 23, 2010 at 9:59 am | Reply
  2. Truth@RichHead, Jerv, JDizz in absentia

'Morning guys...Truly ugly game last night. I was making dinner for my bride and every time I looked up it was far worse. I think McDaniels needs to go. He's had two seasons to show it and has failed.

November 23, 2010 at 9:33 am | Reply
    • RichardHead

If I read between the lines of your post-You are requesting a new Coach, possibly one that is adapted to cold weather and has recently been canned? Speaking of cold weather YOU have a Big AZZ storm headed your way!

November 23, 2010 at 9:42 am | Reply
      • Truth@RichHead, Jerv

I am hoping for Cowher, but I am not sure he wants the job. Denver can be tough.

Actually the mountians have been getting pounded this month. They are actually measuring it by the foot, which is great, since I am a skier, but also because it is where Denver gets its water supply from. Always nice to have water, you know?

November 23, 2010 at 10:29 am | Reply
    • Sir Biddle@Truth

Denver was hurting last night, maybe they'll have better luck against St Louis.

November 23, 2010 at 10:20 am | Reply
  3. RichardHead@Truth

Good Morning All-I woke up this morning with chest pains only to realize it was Wonder Dog laying across me. She needs to lose some weight. Sorry about the game last night-even WD covered her eyes and she hasn't done that since Dallas was 1-7. Hope our Brother gets settled in this morning.

November 23, 2010 at 9:11 am | Reply
    • Jerv

Yeah, my hat is off to the guy. Takes a lot of courage to face your demons.

November 23, 2010 at 9:15 am | Reply
      • RichardHead

Morning Jerv and WELL said!

November 23, 2010 at 9:20 am | Reply
      • Jerv

Morning and thanks.

I look forward to him getting better and the three of you ripping on "hittin' that." Way too funny.

November 23, 2010 at 9:24 am | Reply
  4. Boy George

Had to look that one up.

1 oz vodka