Breakfast buffet
November 22nd, 2010

While you're frying up some eggs and bacon, we're cooking up something else: a way to celebrate today's food holiday and the most delicious finds on TV.

It might be National Peanut Butter Lover’s Month, but today, we eat cashews. November 22 is National Cashew Day.

Cashew nuts are actually seeds that can be found attached to the fruit of the cashew tree, known as the cashew apple. You’re not likely to see a cashew apple anywhere outside of Brazil or the Caribbean, though – the skin is too fragile, making the sweet fruits difficult to transport.

No matter, though! We’ll stick with the salty, crunchy saloon staple known as the cashew nut.

What's on TV?

“Take Home Chef” – Planet Green, 7 a.m. ET
Chef Curtis Stone cooks up a tasty organic meal for a day camp in Los Angeles.

“Dear Food Network” – Food Network, 3 p.m. ET
Alton Brown, Tyler Florence and Giada DeLaurentiis answer every question imaginable about the Thanksgiving turkey.

“The Four Coursemen” – Cooking Channel, 9 p.m. ET
Six foodie friends create five courses and serve them up on a side street in Athens, Georgia.

“Cake Boss” – TLC, 9 p.m. ET
Carlo’s Bakery celebrates their 100th anniversary with a gigantic cake and block party.

“Late Night with Jimmy Fallon” – NBC, 12:30 a.m. ET
Grill master Bobby Flay drops by to discuss his new book “Bobby Flay’s Throwdown…The Cookbook.”

1. Evil Grin

I did no know that about cashews.

November 22, 2010 at 11:01 am |
  2. Truth@richhead

I am going out in the early morning, and will likely be done by noon. Will have us in venison all winter.
    Bless you for doing the shelter duty. We have the same deal in denver, but we like to do the week between Xmas and New Year. Volunteering drops off in that period.

November 22, 2010 at 10:41 am |
    • Jdizzle McHammerpants

Hey guys. 'Sup? Will not be in today, or probably anytime soon. Taking a leave of absence. After spending the last few weeks in some form of pain and most of this last weekend debilitated in the recliner, I have decided to check myself into a rehab facility. The booze. I wish Prop 9 had passed, ha! I will continue to monitor your conversations when I can. Live long and prosper. See you all again soon.

Go Niners, regardless of their record.

November 22, 2010 at 10:54 am |
      • Jdizzle McHammerpants

If any of you have facebook, hit me up. My name is Jesse Babcock.

November 22, 2010 at 11:01 am |
      • RichardHead@Jdizz

You have taken the first and most important step my brother. We love ya like our brother-so for exercise chase Lyndsey Lohan around. Keep me updated!

November 22, 2010 at 11:02 am |
      • Kat Kinsman

Thinking the very best things in the world for you, Jdizz. You're an important part of Eatocracy and we're wishing you strength and success.

November 22, 2010 at 11:08 am |
      • Jerv@Mdizz

Good luck to ya.

Diggin' on Star Trek. Who is your favorite Capt?

November 22, 2010 at 11:12 am |
      • Evil Grin

Fare well. I'm sure you'll come back better than ever.

November 22, 2010 at 11:20 am |
      • Truth@JDizz

best to you and may this be the start of a new path for you. This takes a ton of courage, and you will be in the prayers for a complete recovery. Be well!

November 22, 2010 at 11:39 am |
      • Sir Biddle-Dee-Bobity-Boo

BOOM! I'm out of the office for part of a day and come back to this. Whew! You WILL be missed my friend. Eatocracy will not be the same, but I will try my best to keep 5@5 going in your absence. Hope all works out for you and look forward to your posts again soon.

November 22, 2010 at 4:08 pm |
      • fob

Wishing you all the best, sir. And look forward to reading your witty comments in the future.

November 22, 2010 at 6:46 pm |
  3. Truth@richhead

Was good. Looking forward to a short week. Am stocking up for dinner on Thursday since my wife has never cooked t-giving before. Looking forward to it.

November 22, 2010 at 10:19 am |
    • RichardHead@Truth

Sounds like you've got the dinner plan down pat.Going hunting this year? Just got WD and mine shift assignment at the shelter. 5:00 a.m. till noon and I have the highly coveted Mash Potato station. WOO-HOO. Had us on Gravy station last year and it was a Disaster!

November 22, 2010 at 10:34 am |
  4. Truth@richhead

Definitely!
    Hope you and WD had a great weekend. My money (not literally) is on Denver by 10 tonight...Hope springs eternal. Have to wonder if the defense will show up.

November 22, 2010 at 9:40 am |
    • RichardHead@Truth

Had an excellent weekend! Took WD to the beauty shop this morning so she will look "Pwetty" at the food shelter on Thursday. How was yours?

November 22, 2010 at 9:46 am |
  5. RichardHead@Truth

Good morning,
    Getting ready for the Big game tonight?

November 22, 2010 at 9:34 am |
Pinterest

| Part of

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 7,324 other followers