November 22nd, 2010

The 'Medium Raw' author and host of 'No Reservations' is genuinely grateful for his opportunities to wander the world and eat with strangers. The exotic eats of many lands delight him, palate and soul (though he's gone out of his way to avoid being offered cat or dog), but there is one thing that makes him "physically ill."

It may have something to do with Guy Fieri.

Read our Q&A with Anthony Bourdain

Posted by:
Filed under: Anthony Bourdain • Celebrity Chefs • Content Partner • TV-CNN Newsroom

1. elfish

I enjoy Bourdain. If you want talentless, try watching Rachel Ray's travel and eat show.

March 22, 2011 at 8:14 am | Reply
  2. gabe ward

Wow–to Janet, Bourdain seems like a good guy–perhaps you should watch the show more before passing judgemnent. He has always shown a real interest for the people and cultures that he visits. For example, he went to Nicaragua and had a real hard time dealing with the extent of poverty there, and showed how the president Daniel Ortega has not lived up to his promises of the revolution based on the its socalist vision. I think he does a good job–he is educated on the cultures that he visits and interacts with the locals in a respectful way–a real class guy. Except he always makes me want to eat and have a beer. I think he should hire a sidekick–me. Forget practicing law.

March 22, 2011 at 12:35 am | Reply
  3. Shaunathan

Keith Floyd, 1943-2009. Go to YouTube.

November 23, 2010 at 7:39 am | Reply
  4. janet

I can't stand that guy (Bourdain) or his show... and the show is just not interesting. Who wants or needs to watch another conceited, arrogant, and from what I've seen, talentless, person on the tube.

November 22, 2010 at 6:41 pm | Reply
  5. angelique

While I gave up drinking awhile ago, I'd gladly resume just for the opportunity to hang with Bourdain. He's sigh-inducing...

November 22, 2010 at 3:18 pm | Reply
  6. ozzie

I never heard of Anthony Bourdain or his show, but I started watching "No Reservations" on Netflix and I found him to be entertaining. He wasn't over the top and pretentious like most celebrity chefs. I mostly enjoyed his show because he is highly cynical and witty. I also enjoyed his interaction with the various locations and cultures. I plan on picking up one of his books out of curiosity.

November 22, 2010 at 12:52 pm | Reply
    • Jenny

Ozzie: I'm almost done with Bourdain's first book, Kitchen Confidential. I would recommend it, and you will learn alot about Bourdain's "early days." He writes just like he speaks, including that great cynicism and witt!

November 22, 2010 at 3:17 pm | Reply
  7. Brian

http://amzn.to/aV2dQa Funny, touching, memorable short Thanksgiving stories about holiday disasters, family & friends.

November 22, 2010 at 11:49 am | Reply
  8. Jerv

Sorry, Dizz, meant to take you name out of the Name box on this post. I'm such a dork.

November 22, 2010 at 11:19 am | Reply
  9. Evil Grin

I also think the celebrity chef is a weird phenomenon. But at least they are celebrities because of having real skill, instead of acting like a two-year-old on a reality show.

November 22, 2010 at 11:00 am | Reply
    • Jerv@Mdizz

Couldn't agree more.

November 22, 2010 at 11:18 am | Reply
    • Rick

I don't find it weird at all, in fact it's weird it took so long in this country. Food is the most important thing in life along with air, shelter and drink, followed closely by love, sex and interpersonal relationships. Many people love food so why not elevate those who give us the best food to being idols?

November 22, 2010 at 5:05 pm | Reply