November 20th, 2010

Posted by:
Filed under: Content Partner • Diets • Health News • Holidays • Thanksgiving • TV-CNN Newsroom • Video

1. Sybil k brown

I want to learn about repiciet soul fd

November 21, 2010 at 2:07 pm | Reply
  2. L. MacIntyre Nester

I am entirely sick of hearing the words LOW FAT!! The standard American LOW FAT diet is exactly what is making America fat. I eat LOTS of animal fats and butter and heavy cream in my coffee and stay away from bread and sugar. Refined carbs are what make people fat. Any carbs I consume come from veggies and fruit. (mainly berries) Heart disease has gone up only since the introduction of a low fat diet. Your grandparents generation never had heart disease and they ate lard. And this doctor looks like she could stand to loose a few pounds herself. Go to the Weston A. Price Foundation for more information.

November 20, 2010 at 11:49 pm | Reply
    • John Holmes

Eat this. It is fat and has hot cream. Don't get fat!

November 21, 2010 at 12:19 am | Reply
    • centraltexasgal

Um, actually my grandparents' generation DID have heart disease – lots of it. Three of my four grandparents (all born around the turn of the century), died from some form heart disease. One grandmother died in her late forties; another suffered a stroke in her fifties, and then heart failure a number of years later. I agree that most low fat diets are cr*p, but I think balance and moderation are keys in all things, along with whole grains, fresh fruits and veggies, and good lean proteins.

November 21, 2010 at 8:32 pm | Reply
      • L. MacIntyre Nester

The whole grains that you get today are not the whole grains of your grandparent's generation. They are so highy processed that they have been stripped of most of their nutrients.. I am not saying that our grandparents generation had no heart disease but that the numbers have skyrocketed since America went low fa in the 1950's. I don't do lean proteins. I eat every bit of fat and skin that comes with them. I have lost weight and lowered my BP.. A breast fed baby is getting about 80% fat and cholesterol. Your brain is made up mainly of fat so why wouldn't we feed it what it neds.. We'll suck down a large diet coke thing that it is ok since we are getting no calories. But imagine that same sized container filled with whole milk. You'll drink only a small portion of it because it fills you quicker but gives you plenty of nutrients and you won't go craving more of it in ten minutes like you would a diet coke.. All these low fat diets will promote eating a 100 calorie snack devoid of any nutrients because hey it's labeled as low fat but will poo poo a 300 calorie piece of chicken loaded with fat and even skin even though it is LOADED with nutrients. I could go on and on. But don't take my word for it, go the Weston A. Price foundation for TONS of information.The ow fat diet makes money for the food industry so we have to continue promoting it. Eating whole foods does not make money for General mills so we can't promote that. Do the research on a high fat low carb diet. That's all I am asking.

November 21, 2010 at 10:10 pm | Reply
  3. S.Schulz

Please tell the guy that put his fork into the MIDDLE of the pie and then proceeded to eat it....that was one of the most EGOTISTICAL things I have seen on t.v. in along time.....and then the really GROSS thing was that he used the same fork with his slobber all over it and put it in the OTHER pie too!!!!!

The man needs some manners.

To the chef who spent time baking the pies.....please forgive the guy who ruined them both for everyone.

Peace.