November 18th, 2010

By the way – don't eat the fake leaf. It's not actually edible.

More coverage from i-List Japan

Posted by:
Filed under: Asia • Asian • Bite • Cuisines • Japanese • Travel • Video

1. PairAzzHilton@Jdizz

I'm HOT and leave that on all my receipts.

November 19, 2010 at 12:48 pm |
    • Jdizzle McHammerpants

Having some problems posting. And the time order of these posts are messed up. Think the IT dept needs some fine tuning after booting the Timmy/Tommy guy. At least we don't have to read his dribble anymore. =D

November 19, 2010 at 12:52 pm |
  2. Truth@JDizz, Biddle, RHead

I am here, just busy...my admin is off next week and I am working with her on some misc stuff today.
    For the record, I loved Korea. We did Xmas there in 2007 on our way to see my wife's family in VN. I only wish I could have stayed longer.

November 19, 2010 at 12:19 pm |
  3. Sir Biddle@Jdizzle

He was pretty rampant yesterday too. The whole place seems quiet, expecially compared to the meat eaters vs vegan war earlier this week.

November 19, 2010 at 12:10 pm |
  4. Snowbunny

God, I hope you don't have children.

November 19, 2010 at 10:21 am |
  5. Snowbunny

I only like pan fried fish. But, that's just me. :P

November 18, 2010 at 4:08 pm |
    • Truth@Snowbunny

I do a pan fried trout that would knock off not only your socks, but also shoes. The secret is to use a grill pan, so that it raises the fish off the pan surface. I love how it comes out.

November 18, 2010 at 4:29 pm |
  6. Truth@RichHead, Jerv

The visual on that is freakin priceless. I can see why you don't do fish...:)

November 18, 2010 at 1:56 pm |
    • RichardHead

I am sure the neighborhood cats had a feast that night. It's like a Bad sci-fi movie.

November 18, 2010 at 2:02 pm |
  7. RichardHead@Truth&Jerv

Keep all sharp objects away from your wife.LOL Just kidding. O.K. I will spill the Beans as they say since Jdizz is NOT here and would make fun of me. Many moons ago my mother got a Julia Child cookbook{still want to strangle whomever gave it to her}and she decided to make Shrimp Curee. Hope I spelled that right. My LL baseball team was having it's championship ball game the same night and after this "dinner" while playing centerfield the opposing batter hit a high fly to me. As I ran back and made the catch I hurled every BIT of that "dinner"{and other stuff I don't remember eating} all over the outfield. Never have eaten any fish after that.

November 18, 2010 at 12:08 pm |
    • Jerv@RichardHead&Truth

Roaring with laughter! The visual is priceless. But I understand. I blew corn nuts when I was a little kid and the sight of them today make my stomach turn.

You know Jdizz is going to say something about "corn nuts." LOL!

November 18, 2010 at 1:31 pm |
      • RichardHead

Of course he will and I will never hear the end of FishTails. Sigh!

November 18, 2010 at 1:47 pm |
      • Jerv@RichardHead@Truth

Fish heads and corn nuts, I can her it now. LOL!

Dippin out early, you guys are a welcome new addition to my afternoons.

November 18, 2010 at 1:56 pm |
      • Snowbunny

MMM, ranch cornnuts rock! Seriously, have you ever had them??

November 18, 2010 at 4:10 pm |
      • Jdizzle McHammerpants

Reminds me of the time I barfed into my mouth on the school bus as a kid and sat there for the last five minutes with my cheeks bulged out on vomit seeping out from my gloved hand covering my mouth. The kid next to me finally smelled it as we pulled into the school parking lot. I, of course, got called out. "Gross!! This kid puked!"

Thanks, Johnny. Thanks. You're a future newscaster.

November 18, 2010 at 4:36 pm |
      • RichardHead@Jdizz

He changed his name from Johnny to Rick Sanchez and worked for CNN!

November 18, 2010 at 4:39 pm |
  8. RichardHead@Truth

Buddy I must admit that I DON"T eat fish whether alive or dead. I love to go fishing,catch and release or give to someone else but it will Not enter my stomach.

November 18, 2010 at 11:42 am |
    • Jerv@RichardHead

Not even a nasty, but oh so good, Filet-O-Fish?

November 18, 2010 at 11:46 am |
    • Truth@JDizz, RichHead

I did the catch and release thing for years, until I moved to CO and realized what great trout we have here. Not to be missed if fish is your thing (but not for everyone obviously)

One funny story: When my wife and I first married, I was teaching her to flycast. I asked her on the way home if she minded cleaning fish and she just looked at me funny...Later that year, we visited her family and while we were there, I watched her mother kill, dress out and cut up a live chicken for dinner. The lesson I got was that it is amazing what we, as Americans, take for granted sometimes.

November 18, 2010 at 11:53 am |
    • carolyn

Great you catch and release...wondering..... do you eat meat?

November 18, 2010 at 9:18 pm |
  9. Truth@JDizz, RichHead

Actually, sushi is probably the only healthy vice that I have. love the stuff.

Interesting thing in VN, if you order fish is most restaurants, they bring out the WHOLE fish. You pcik off what you want and when everyone is done, the carcass remains. Interesting.

November 18, 2010 at 11:33 am |
  10. RichardHead

Fish heads,,fish heads, lovely,lovely Fish Heads.

November 18, 2010 at 11:00 am |
    • Jdizzle McHammerpants

Don't forget the delicacy 'fish head soup'. Eskimos love that stuff.

November 18, 2010 at 11:08 am |
    • Arti

LMAO! I remember that from SNL. Too funny.

Just can't dig on sushi but everyone that eats it says it's the best. I'll take their word for it.

November 18, 2010 at 11:29 am |
    • Jerv

"Eat them up, yum." LOL! I'm with Arti, no sushi for me. It has to be Long John Silvers, fried and bad for you.

Go J-dog!

November 18, 2010 at 11:33 am |
    • carolyn

Love sushi....and also know that everything we ingest emits from our skin... agreeing with him. One question...what is the liquid he spreads on top of the sushi before he serves it? NEVER have seen a chef do that..

November 18, 2010 at 9:17 pm |
  11. Jdizzle McHammerpants

Dude. I have to hold back my crudeness on here, but even at my worst I would not be this bad.

November 19, 2010 at 10:38 am |
  12. RichardHead@Jfizz

Backing out awhile-This guy is starting to piss me pff. Talk to ya before 5.

November 19, 2010 at 10:42 am |
  13. Jerv@Truth&Richardhead

Yeah, I have what can be considered a warped kind of humor but that dude was out of line.

November 19, 2010 at 11:03 am |
  14. Jdizzle McHammerpants

See my post about ignoring him. You leave, he wins.

November 19, 2010 at 10:56 am |
  15. Sir Biddle#Jdizzle

You mentioned S Korea earlier this week, you prior military? Was there myself for 2 years in Seoul.

November 19, 2010 at 11:39 am |
  16. Jdizzle McHammerpants@Kat and Sarah

Yep. Air Force Security Forces. Funny, yesterday someone on my Facebook posted a BUNCH of pics from 2002. Forgot about a lot of stuff. Ha!

November 19, 2010 at 11:57 am |
  17. Jdizzle McHammerpants

Whhops! Cleared me name. Nothing for Kat and Sarah here.

November 19, 2010 at 11:58 am |
  18. Sir Biddle@Jdizzle

I beat you by about 10 years and was Army. Was there in '91 in 377th Medivac. Loved my time there..... a lot!!! Bring on the kimchi!

November 19, 2010 at 12:02 pm |
  19. Jdizzle McHammerpants

Ugh. That stuff stinks. But I do miss some of the food there. Like Mexico, the food is so good but you gamble on safety, LOL

Got quiet in here. Seems like Kat and Sarah fixed the Timmy/Tommy situation. =D Too bad he pissed off Truth and Head before then. =(

November 19, 2010 at 12:04 pm |
  20. Jerv@Truth&Richardhead

Yeah good riddance. I was here early on when he started and had to leave for a while. The dude is such a slime ball.

Hey, did you guys see the video clip of the Burger KIng receipt that had "F**k you" on it? What in the world?

November 19, 2010 at 12:28 pm |
  21. Jdizzle McHammerpants

Ha! Yeah. When I worked at Subway as a manager there was a way you could change the things on a receipt would say.

"Please call the Manager Jdizzle McHammerpants at 555-555-5555 with any comments!"

"Thanks for visiting us!"

"I wanna *** on your face!"

You could write anything.

November 19, 2010 at 12:36 pm |
Pinterest

| Part of

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 7,379 other followers