Breakfast buffet
November 4th, 2010

While you're frying up some eggs and bacon, we're cooking up something else: a way to celebrate today's food holiday and the most delicious finds on TV.

Just when we thought we were finally coming down from our Halloween sugar high, we up and found out November 4 is National Candy Day. It's a cruel, cruel world - and by cruel, we mean freaking sweet.

Go on, don't be shy this morning: treat yourself to malt balls, gummi worms, caramel chews or any other sugary confection of your choosing for that matter - it's the true breakfast of champions.

What's on TV?

"America's Test Kitchen" - PBS, 1 p.m. ET
The plat du jour?: Roast salted turkey and green beans. Gobble gobble!

"Top Chef: Just Desserts" - Bravo, 7 p.m. ET
In case you missed last night's premiere: The five remaining pastry chefs construct desserts for a magazine-sponsored get-together.

"Man v. Food" - Travel Channel, 8 p.m. ET
Adam Richman eats his way through monstrous burgers and hot dogs at three different baseball stadiums.

"Food Feuds" - Food Network, 10 p.m. ET
Michael Symon sets out to settle a burger battle in New Jersey and a fried bird fuss in Ohio.

Posted by:
Filed under: Breakfast Buffet • News

1. John

or shall I say insanity... nevertheless – ahhhh.

November 5, 2010 at 12:25 pm | Reply
  2. John

Ahh
    some sanity – at last!

November 5, 2010 at 12:24 pm | Reply
  3. hj

I work in a hospital laboratory with a bunch of geeks...lol

November 4, 2010 at 4:03 pm | Reply
  4. RichardHead@Jdizz

I got $50.00 riding on the answer.

November 4, 2010 at 3:25 pm | Reply
    • Jdizzle McHammerpants

I was going to say Doctor's office. 50 bars of gold-pressed latinum, per the rules of acquisition, rides on this.

November 4, 2010 at 3:33 pm | Reply
  5. hj@Jdizz

haha this makes me laugh because I've done the very same thing...try playing typing games...that really makes you look busy. I have to look busy all the time b/c I have patients staring at me all day long. I go home feeling very deceitful at the end of the day.

November 4, 2010 at 1:18 pm | Reply
    • Dr.Spock

Logical thinking would infer that You are a Medical Professional.
      #1.You work in an Doctors office.
      #2-You work in an Dentists office.
      #3-Which I have 50 Klingon Depris to put on this bet-A Proctologists office,which is why Jdizzle has a furrowed brow.

November 4, 2010 at 2:05 pm | Reply
  6. anw

I have to say I actually posted the first 3 comments on my Facebook page (sans names). I laughed when I saw the first conversation after this article was about the game Sunday night. Thanks for the laughs during my lunch break! Go PACK!!

November 4, 2010 at 1:14 pm | Reply
    • CoachLombardi

Football is Not a laughing game-unless you're on Nationwide T.V. and playing Dallas!

November 4, 2010 at 1:21 pm | Reply
      • McHammerpants, Game Analyst

Or watching them play.

November 4, 2010 at 1:24 pm | Reply
    • Truth

Facebook is a very liberal website. Twaddle is even worse.

November 4, 2010 at 1:26 pm | Reply
  7. hj

Well all I know is you guys keep me entertained while at work and I am very thankful for that b/c my job pretty boring.

November 4, 2010 at 11:45 am | Reply
    • RichardHead

Thanks for the good words-Just think,You could be working for the Government. Bummer!

November 4, 2010 at 11:52 am | Reply
  8. hj

Do ya'll ever work lol? You should try three way phone calls, it would be alot easier that way.

November 4, 2010 at 11:29 am | Reply
    • RichardHead

We are Brothas from another Motha who thankfully did Not come from San Francisco. We ain't those type of guys.

November 4, 2010 at 11:38 am | Reply
      • Jdizzle McHammerpants

Truth is.

I Joke. X)

No, I don't work. I just type away on Eatocracy and it makes me look busy to my boss. I even furrow my brow sometimes to make it look like I'm answering a very important e-mail.

November 4, 2010 at 12:45 pm | Reply
  9. RichardHead @Truth&Jdizz

Another beautiful day in Texas. The Big German-Dirk put a shellacking on Denver last nite. Danica Patrick and Nascar are in the D-FW area this weekend. We are a Sports Mecca this weekend until-7:20 p.m. cst Sunday nite when we again get embarrassed on Nationwide T.V. as our Pee-Wee football team takes on Green Bay. What's the forecast weather wise in GB-Jdizz for Sunday? How many body bags should we send up?

November 4, 2010 at 9:41 am | Reply
    • Jdizzle McHammerpants

A few clouds. Highs in the low 50s and lows in the mid 30s.

53 body bags will be needed.

November 4, 2010 at 9:45 am | Reply
      • RichardHead

I'll send 54. Maybe Jerry Jones will commit Hari-Kari live on T.V.

November 4, 2010 at 9:50 am | Reply
    • Truth

I love TX, with the exception of your football team...Used to go to Houston for my job and LOVED Minute Maid Park...My guess is that it will be GB 42, DAL 3...And Wade going 4/4 on excuses like he used to in DEN.

November 4, 2010 at 9:49 am | Reply
      • RichardHead

That;s 3 more than I was going to give 'em! Minute Maid is a cool park with the train and the BIG center field.I try to go each year when The Rangers play them for The Silver Boot.

November 4, 2010 at 9:55 am | Reply
      • Truth

I could not believe that a ballpark was actually air conditioned, even given the retractable roof. The energy bill for that place must be a dang fortune.

November 4, 2010 at 11:19 am | Reply
      • Jdizzle McHammerpants

That's how we roll in the US.

November 4, 2010 at 11:26 am | Reply
      • RichardHead@Truth

They actually consult a weatherman at one of the local stations as to whether to keep the roof open or closed. It's nice in September because after the games they open up the roof and shoot off fireworks to rock music.

November 4, 2010 at 12:01 pm | Reply