October 8th, 2010

Paula Deen was in the building taping Saturday's episode of Your $$$$$ (1 p.m. ET), so we just followed the wafting scent of butter 'til we found her and captured her on our Flip Cam.

There's plenty more to come, including her plea of innocence on the charge of "butter crimes" and why Frank Stitt oughta "shut up" on the topic of shrimp 'n grits, but for now, here's her take on why the most "romantical" meal includes "bone sucking."

Posted by:
Filed under: Bite • Celebrity Chefs • Culture • Dating • Food Love • News • Paula Deen

1. rashid

Paula Deen is an embarrassment to the South.

October 13, 2010 at 6:06 pm | Reply
  2. Thomas

So when did Paula get her Registered Dietician certification?

October 13, 2010 at 11:50 am | Reply
  3. Kirby

Thanks Will.......I was taught that if you don't have anything nice to say.....don't say anything at all. Have a great day.

October 12, 2010 at 12:18 pm | Reply
  4. BJ

Talk about timing, a few days ago I filed my first I Report, and it was about Paula Deen, I think someone stole my idea!!!! I filmed this video at the New Jersey food bank, how come no one mentioned it, my feeling are hurt!! This is a link to my video, she is so awesome in person!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVN3JaMJ2ZM

October 11, 2010 at 1:35 pm | Reply
  5. Will

Thank you Kirby. Sounds like you and I might be the only people on here who can't seem to understand why people have to go to such lengths to put someone else down. It is one thing to just simply say you don't like someone but words such as "hoe", "trash" and "redneck" are being thrown around and it isn't necessary. Also to those who crack on her accent ... there are people who have deeper accents than hers that have masters degrees and are making millions of dollars while you are probably sitting at home with nothing better to do than make fun of the way someone talks.

October 11, 2010 at 9:09 am | Reply
  6. rusty

She said in one of her books, she stated that she was a high school cheerleader and would liked to have done that professionally if possible. Well, I think she has realized that dream.

October 10, 2010 at 11:30 am | Reply
  7. Becki

I love Paula Deen. She is awesome!

October 10, 2010 at 10:49 am | Reply
  8. Kirby

Why do you negative talkers even take the time to watch Paula Deen or comment.......why are you wasting your time? Personally I think she's fun to watch. I don't spend my time watching people that I don't care for........why do you? And why do you have to be so negative......don't you have anything better to do.......how about getting a real job instead of spending your time being so negative.

October 10, 2010 at 9:33 am | Reply
  9. Natalie MacLean

Hello,

I'd like to get in touch with one of the editors of Eatocracy please. Could someone e-mail me?

Thanks,
    Natalie

October 10, 2010 at 7:52 am | Reply
  10. Sean D.

The whole hypocracey of this is , if she was 19 and did this video, she would be given a movie contact right away! But as she is 63, the general public thinks women at that age should not have any lust-full thoughts and should abstain from any sexual desires.
    I'm 75, and she's "Hot"!!!!

October 9, 2010 at 10:46 pm | Reply
  11. Zizu

So funny. LMAO. At least she is honest.

October 9, 2010 at 9:53 pm | Reply
  12. Jorie

This video is gross. I used to watch Paula Deen a couple of years ago, but noticed she was getting raunchy even then. She had to be drunk/high in this video. If this is how she thinks a lady should conduct herself, then she has a lot to learn. TVFN has gone downhill for years. Bring back the good shows, no competitions, and get rid of these psudo-chefs.

October 9, 2010 at 8:56 pm | Reply
  13. ric

the title of this article scared me.

October 9, 2010 at 8:16 pm | Reply
  14. Frank D.

...I think I have seen this scene played out before in ,"Cool Hand Luke"!....Do you really think She would talk like that to her son-in-law at the dinner table like that if she had a daughter sitting next to him ?......What people wont stoop down to for ratings!

October 9, 2010 at 7:22 pm | Reply
  15. dguastella

She is not cute any more. I feel sorry for her husband. Her cooking is going to kill the poor soul.

October 9, 2010 at 7:06 pm | Reply
  16. just some joe

Paula Dean? I'd like to throw a HAM at her!

October 9, 2010 at 6:39 pm | Reply
  17. Robert

FAKE COUNTRY ACCENT. Ya'll

October 9, 2010 at 6:33 pm | Reply
  18. burndiscoinferno

oh yeah!

October 9, 2010 at 6:31 pm | Reply
  19. Jeremy

Am I the only one who can't stand this woman? I think it's her accent or something... like fingernails on a chalkboard y'all!

October 9, 2010 at 5:40 pm | Reply
  20. True Southerner

So sad that CNN felt the need to put this trashy redneck on their website.

October 9, 2010 at 4:58 pm | Reply
  21. jim atmadison

Knowing what Paula Deen finds 'romantical' isn't in the top ten of my 'ick' list, but it's definitely in the top half.

By the way, if they're going to live here and have TV shows here, they should learn to speak the language.

October 9, 2010 at 4:51 pm | Reply
  22. Groucho

What a pig! This woman turns my stomach every time I see her. I have no idea why she is so popular...

October 9, 2010 at 4:03 pm | Reply
    • Harpo

Because countless women can perfectly relate to her.

October 9, 2010 at 4:36 pm | Reply
  23. Alan

This bat is strange !! Someone told me she also ate a stick of butter on TV. I dont watch her, but as long as she's not encouraging unhealthy eating behavior, she can continue to amuse people. Weird but mostly healthy is fine by me.
    Unhealthy is NOT ! Keep a close eye on her and other of these eating, cooking shows.

October 9, 2010 at 3:49 pm | Reply
  24. dave

all her recipes are a heart attack just waiting to happen she should be taken off the air

October 9, 2010 at 3:46 pm | Reply
  25. mal520

It's called marrow Paula and that's freakin' disgusting.

October 9, 2010 at 2:43 pm | Reply
  26. Sir Cums Alot

I have a bone you can pick with Paula !

October 9, 2010 at 2:15 pm | Reply
  27. Mondo

Paula, I got a bone for you and it is most romantical - you're gonna like the way it looks - I guarantee it.

October 9, 2010 at 1:51 pm | Reply
  28. Fiona

Oh, Paula. I am reminded of a bratty, young teenager who tries to hold the attention of all within earshot by being outrageous and "innocently" suggestive as possible. Why is anyone still listening?

October 9, 2010 at 1:33 pm | Reply
  29. Dirk

Paula likes to beat her meat before she eats it. Live on Emeril 2005.

October 9, 2010 at 1:24 pm | Reply
  30. Sarah

Maybe alright as a private silly home movie.
    But it makes me wonder if she is involved with UNICEF or similar organizations, to compensate for her sweetened paychecks, to act like this.

October 9, 2010 at 1:11 pm | Reply
  31. Don H

Redneck ... speak English!

October 9, 2010 at 1:07 pm | Reply
    • imadome

Theres a difference between southerners and rednecks..ya know?

October 11, 2010 at 10:31 am | Reply
  32. BEVY

GREAT EATS IN TUNICA. LOVED BUBBA'S OYSTERS. KEEP ON, KEEP DOING IT.

October 9, 2010 at 12:45 pm | Reply
  33. Will

Wow some of your comments are rude. I understand free speech and all but what is the point of being mean. Do you feel better now after putting someone down. I mean some of you guys talk like you really know her. And though I am sure some of you know someone who knew someone who worked/helped/ waited on..etc..but geez...

October 9, 2010 at 12:04 pm | Reply
    • CJ

Don't worry – she's a big girl ...

October 9, 2010 at 12:41 pm | Reply
  34. Dontono

I just love a girl that goes in for a little "bone sucking" now and again. I"m happy to return the favor of course...Wait, was she talking about food? Oh, crap...somebody must have dropped the ball on this story!

October 9, 2010 at 11:45 am | Reply